Gravity Falls : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
9.0

1. Jul 1, 2016
    one of the few cartoons to appeal to both adults and children while telling an engaging story with great characters. One of the best cartoons to air in years.
  2. Jun 22, 2016
    Amazing. I have nothing else to say about Gravity Falls. Gravity Falls is like a teen sitcom version of Rick and Morty. We should all thank Alex Hirsch for bringing this masterpiece to life.
  3. Mar 10, 2016
    holy **** this is the **** best serie ever in the **** world and Mabel is so cute and i want a pig and call it pato like she do it, and bill, bill is a **** demon what make some **** in our world an soos is... just... soos i guess.
  4. Mar 9, 2016
    I have noticed many of these reviews are from the past, so I am going to write a more accurate review of the current show. Warning you now, the show has ended. So, if you're not into watching an finished show, you might as well stop reading this right now. Gravity Falls is the story of Dipper and Mabel: 12 year old twins, going to Gravity Falls, Oregon to spend the summer with theirI have noticed many of these reviews are from the past, so I am going to write a more accurate review of the current show. Warning you now, the show has ended. So, if you're not into watching an finished show, you might as well stop reading this right now. Gravity Falls is the story of Dipper and Mabel: 12 year old twins, going to Gravity Falls, Oregon to spend the summer with their Grunkle (Great Uncle) Stan. Mabel is looking for summer fun and true love. She also joins Dipper on a quest to find the author of a mysterious journal he finds in the woods. At first, the show has a great sense of humor. Episodes never seemed to bore me (except maybe one in season 2, but thats not the point right now). As you head towards the end of season 1, you can really see the story starting to unravel. As the creator of the show once said, it is a show about family; never meant to last longer than 1 summer. Once in season 2, the comedy is still on point and the story really starts to get interesting. I will admit it, the some of the final episodes made me cry. If a CHILDREN'S CARTOON can make someone cry, you know its good (or I'm pathetic. But I know grown men who have cried during this and still do every time they re-watch it). With many twists and turns, the show has never failed to make me suprised about what happens next. Another important aspect of this show: the life lessons. Included but not limited to: its alright to not be perfect (mentioned multiple times!), strive to be someone worth loving, sometime it just wasn't meant to be and that is alright, etc etc etc! Next up, the villains. THE VILLAINS. THEY ARE AMAZING! Comedy, Evil Schemes, the whole nine yards! I recommend this show to anyone who loves laughs, good plot, or the cartoons Steven Universe, Over the Garden Wall, Star VS The Forces Of Evil, or the RPG Undertale. Expand
  5. Feb 19, 2016
    We will miss this cartoon.

They only 2 seasons.

What is Dipper Pines first name?

Why there only 2 seasons?

Why Alex Hirsch end the cartoon?

There are some question are not answered.
  6. Jan 9, 2016
    Quickly became my favourite animated show after putting off watching it until near the end of season 1.
    This show starts sweet and happy but it turns on its head so quick you wouldn't believe. Not a show to be missed for kids or adults.
  7. Dec 15, 2015
    Before I started watching and following Gravity Falls, I though it was an average 'kid' show.

How I was so wrong. As a young adult I find this show amazing. I watched all the episodes (minus the final one) within a few days, and loved every minute of it. Story 10/10 - it really puts you on the edge of your seat, and excited for the next episode to find out what happens. It is

Story 10/10 - it really puts you on the edge of your seat, and excited for the next episode to find out what happens. It is defiantly not an average kid show

Characters 10/10 - Each character is special, unique and kinda feels real at the end

Design 10/10 - Love the artstyle, really cool looking

This is a masterpiece, after joining the millions of people who already watch this really late, I feel I have come at the best time. I got to watch all the episodes, but I have to wait the same amount of time as everyone else, for the highly anticipated season and show finale. Go watch it now, its so worth the hours!
  8. Nov 28, 2015
    this serie is really perfect. the best animated series of this decade so far, in my opinion. its so sad that its coming to an end - i really love how well thought this show is. best disney channel series.
  9. Sep 18, 2015
    One of Disney's good ones, it is filled with great imagination, fully developed and unique characters, and a better use and coherencey of the mystery factor then Lost.
  10. Jun 14, 2015
    Excellent show!! best piece of media ever created by human beings!
    I actually can't even imagine one thing that they possibly did wrong in this cartoon.
  11. May 13, 2015
    I love cartoons and I am always a young at heart kind of person but this show took a lot of time to grow on me to be honest. In a couple of first episodes, while I do see the appeal for adults, the show felt like it focuses more for kids since it’s a Disney Channel TV show. However as I warmed up to the characters and the setting more, watching the show was a pleasant experience.

The

The show’s main characters Dipper and Mabel are adorable. Dipper is such a smart guy that knows his stuff while dealing with puberty. Mabel is the cute comic relief that it’s too hard to not like her.

The eerie supernatural concept is such an interesting, if yet more mature for this show. I agree that this show is a combination of The Simpsons, The X-Files and Twin Peaks and I can see where the inspiration of this show came from.

While it does have filler episodes, it is entertaining and it’s nice to see that those filler episodes are added to the continuity. It’s also nice to see there is some arc in this season that surely has a satisfying ending.

The most important aspect of making a cartoon show that adults can enjoy is making the humor universal to both kids and adults and this show has a humor that we adults can laugh. There were even certain moments where I had pause the show because I was still laughing.

Overall. despite being a Disney Channel TV show, Gravity Falls is the TV show that both kids and adults can enjoy with its interesting eerie supernatural concept setting, enjoyable characters especially Dopper and Mabel and a satisfying arc.
  12. May 6, 2015
    My score of 7 may be too low for some people. But it's just that the animation in the opening of the show seems more fluent than it does in the actual episodes. But that seems lazy to me since they take so much time to create an episode, make it look good! Lol besides that this is the only best Disney show to date. Nothing tops it! Good story and characters. Within the realm of the cartoonMy score of 7 may be too low for some people. But it's just that the animation in the opening of the show seems more fluent than it does in the actual episodes. But that seems lazy to me since they take so much time to create an episode, make it look good! Lol besides that this is the only best Disney show to date. Nothing tops it! Good story and characters. Within the realm of the cartoon world. I never thought a show would be good as Adventure Time as a cartoon. I gotta say I like anime (Animated Shows from Japan) And cartoons are improving more than anime. I have to say I'm happy to see that. Overall it's a cartoon with some mature messages and enjoyable for adults as well! Well maybe not past 30 years old, at the very least 40. Nothing more than a good story is all I have to say. Expand
  13. Apr 22, 2015
    One of the greatest shows i have seen in years. This show it's unique cause it's one of those shows that a great story,characters,and have secrets that are worth searching for. If you want a show that is entertaining yet have mysteries that interests you then this is the show for you.
  14. Apr 17, 2015
    I would probably just be repeating everyone else, so there's probably no point... oh who cares! Here's what I think:
    I've seen all 20 episodes twice, with the second watch being even more entertaining. The art is off the hook and Kristen Schaal provides the perfect voice for Mabel. The secrets of Gravity Falls start to unravel quite fast, especially in the second half of the season; and I'm sure there's much more where that came from. The links between episodes are considerably looser however (compared to the second season) but they're still in the background.
    As a tight package of 20 episodic stories what it delivered was a potent dose of adventure and fun. However, it's not afraid to show emotions, too, as we get to explore the relationships between several characters, the bond Dipper and Mabel share being the most important. Of course it's not all drama, there's a ton of jokes in there.
  15. Mar 9, 2015
    I'm a full grown a** adult and I love this cartoon, it's hilarious and soooo much better than some of the cartoons I watched when I was younger. To keep it short watch a couple of episodes and you won't want to stop.
  16. Feb 22, 2015
    I cant belie that they would allow this show, with the blood coming out of the heads and etc. I would have guessed this show would have had a PG13 rating. Still, a must for kids between 7 and 14, and 14 to 18, boys and girls, and over 18, and over 30. I love to see that Disney Isn't falling into a bottomless pit of crappy TV shows and that they are pushing the limits of TVY7, kids wontI cant belie that they would allow this show, with the blood coming out of the heads and etc. I would have guessed this show would have had a PG13 rating. Still, a must for kids between 7 and 14, and 14 to 18, boys and girls, and over 18, and over 30. I love to see that Disney Isn't falling into a bottomless pit of crappy TV shows and that they are pushing the limits of TVY7, kids wont become serial killers if they watch something that's non a pile of fluff, and the animation, and the colors, AND THE THEME SONG, AND THE HIDDEN MESSAGES, AND THAT THE CREATOR OF GF HAS A REDDIT :D A must watch for all human alive. Expand
  17. Dec 22, 2014
    A great TV show made by Disney that can be enjoy for kids and adults alike.It has Some Weird Moments and a lot of crazy creatures wondering in Gravity Falls that Dipper and Mabell will sure to find!
  18. Nov 22, 2014
    Gravity Falls es una serie animada que combina la comedia con el misterio, y lo logra un muy buen aspecto, con una historia intrigante y un buen ámbito, logra ser entretenida, curiosa, divertida e interesante.
  19. Nov 3, 2014
    A surprisingly great show from Disney. Surprised this cartoon was greenlit over some other dumb, generic one. It looks like Disney is finally deciding to take lessons from Cartoon Network in order to attract the older demographic. I'm 19 and my little brother made me watch it, which I didn't want to because of prejudice towards Disney programming, but it actually had jokes and dialogueA surprisingly great show from Disney. Surprised this cartoon was greenlit over some other dumb, generic one. It looks like Disney is finally deciding to take lessons from Cartoon Network in order to attract the older demographic. I'm 19 and my little brother made me watch it, which I didn't want to because of prejudice towards Disney programming, but it actually had jokes and dialogue that actually made me laugh. Even though it has some messages that I can't really relate to anymore, but I know my little brother can, so that's alright with me. Expand
  20. Dec 31, 2013
    Disney was in desperate need of a good new series, and with Gravity Falls, they've finally got it. With its clever writing, hilarious jokes and great voice acting, Gravity Falls appeals to both young and old audiences. It certainly is one of the best animated series I've seen in recent years.
  21. Sep 1, 2013
    It is an undeniable fact: Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and other kid's shows/networks have been declining in quality for some time now. However, Gravity Falls is arguably Disney's best work in a long time. Beautifully animated, funny, amusing, brilliant, with a interesting premise, and an excellent script/plot with great characters. While other shows like Spongebob, RegularIt is an undeniable fact: Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and other kid's shows/networks have been declining in quality for some time now. However, Gravity Falls is arguably Disney's best work in a long time. Beautifully animated, funny, amusing, brilliant, with a interesting premise, and an excellent script/plot with great characters. While other shows like Spongebob, Regular Show, Good Luck Charlie, Adventure Time, etc are funny and nice, they eventually lose their quality and originality. They just grow kinda old ;maybe even somewhat annoying. Gravity Falls is the perfect example of what other kid shows should strive to achieve. If you haven't watched Gravity Falls yet, look it up. You'll be glad you did.

If you liked this review, read my other work.
  22. Jul 27, 2013
    This show is probably the only reason why a sane person would watch the crap that is modern day Disney Channel. Gravity Falls is a show that i totally did not expect to see come out of Disney Channel. It has a more "matured" humor and setting. I feel as if people would be turned away by the fact that it's on Disney Channel, or the fact that Disney's marketing is probably the worst I'veThis show is probably the only reason why a sane person would watch the crap that is modern day Disney Channel. Gravity Falls is a show that i totally did not expect to see come out of Disney Channel. It has a more "matured" humor and setting. I feel as if people would be turned away by the fact that it's on Disney Channel, or the fact that Disney's marketing is probably the worst I've seen. Gravity Falls is worth watching, unlike the terrible sitcoms that don't actually have audiences, like "Good Luck Charlie," or "Dog with a Blog." That is the worst idea ever. A dog owning his own blog? Give me a break... Expand
  23. Jul 5, 2013
    "Gravity Falls" is surprisingly surprising, with entertaining and weird characters and settings, and its darker but fun themes. With creepy creatures and funny twists, "Gravity Falls" is not that bad, and parents may have fun watching, and is probably Disney's best since"Suite Life on Deck"
  24. May 12, 2013
    This show is very good, because it keeps you in anticipation, like, Who is Stan and what are his true motives? If not Stan, who wrote Dipper's book.It's so mysterious.
  25. Mar 19, 2013
    When I say this I mean it it is 2012 and the only Disney shows that pay any attention to storyline are "Gravity Falls", "Phineas and Ferb", and "Good Luck Charlie". Gravity Falls feels more like and adult show by that I mean 15 and up. 1. Good story telling. 2. Something for everyone. The characters are all good. Wendy (Love her), and Uncle Stan (Funny), Mabel (Actually fills like a kid,When I say this I mean it it is 2012 and the only Disney shows that pay any attention to storyline are "Gravity Falls", "Phineas and Ferb", and "Good Luck Charlie". Gravity Falls feels more like and adult show by that I mean 15 and up. 1. Good story telling. 2. Something for everyone. The characters are all good. Wendy (Love her), and Uncle Stan (Funny), Mabel (Actually fills like a kid, thats good), Dipper (Good), Suis, if thats how its written (Funny). I love the relationship between Wendy and Dipper. Wendy might be like 21 and Dipper is like 12. Reminds me how I would act around Vanessa Hudgens. Cause you know were both probably never gonna get them but its cute like Zack and Maddie in "Suite Life of Zack & Cody". If your out there and think that Disney has nothing now watch this. Expand
  26. Dec 20, 2012
    This show is extremely well done. One of the things I like about this TV show is that there is no sing along things at all, unlike other animated Disney shows, which may have been their biggest downfall. Very funny and tons of humor, the only thing was the age level, which is maybe a teen to late teen, some scary scenes in the show indicate this. Overall, 10/10
  27. Nov 15, 2012
    Where to begin. The show is inviting, firstly and most obviously, for kids in that it is a disney produced cartoon. However, there is so much attraction for an older generation in the fantastically engineered dual layer of humor in the show combining childishness with maturity to rake in two completely different audiences. Add to that a gripping storyline, some hidden secrets in theWhere to begin. The show is inviting, firstly and most obviously, for kids in that it is a disney produced cartoon. However, there is so much attraction for an older generation in the fantastically engineered dual layer of humor in the show combining childishness with maturity to rake in two completely different audiences. Add to that a gripping storyline, some hidden secrets in the episodes and title screen, AND the adorableness of Mabel and you have yourself a winner. Expand
  28. Sep 21, 2012
    This show is THE ONLY reason I watch Disney Channel (besides Phineas and Ferb). It has a lot of clever humor and a very lovable cast. I can't wait to see what else they can do with this show!
  29. Aug 26, 2012
    This is fantastic show! Many humors that will amuse kids and maybe even adults. It also has great graphics and amazing storyline Overall incredible and amazing show! I hope this show will last long and even maybe be the longest lasting show ever to exist!
  30. Jul 30, 2012
    It makes me laugh, yet it does not make me feel retarded while doing so. That is pretty good for a comical cartoon show, since unfortunately most of these are not very smart. Gravity Falls is silly but it is also clever and the visual style is great. Maybe I am not a man-o-thaur. Half man, half... Watch it ;)
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jun 29, 2012
    When their [Mabel and Dipper Pines'] plans distintegrate into dust, it gets good for the rest of us in this quirky and endearing new animated Disney series.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 15, 2012
    The show has a breezy quality that should play to kids, and tickle some twinges of nostalgia among their parents.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jun 15, 2012
    A likable new Disney Channel cartoon series about twins spending a summer with their strange great-uncle in a weird little town in the Pacific Northwest.