9.0

1. Sep 21, 2012
    This show is THE ONLY reason I watch Disney Channel (besides Phineas and Ferb). It has a lot of clever humor and a very lovable cast. I can't wait to see what else they can do with this show!
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    I like this show, no other reason to watch Disney Channel. I am 23 Years of age, and actually find this show entertaining. I don't know why. It is not necessarily geared towards older people, but it does have a teenage feel to it vs. children. It feels like some of the classics like Fosters Home like the other review said. Nothing else is of interest on Disney Channel, but I do like quality cartoons, yes, even at my age. But the show is not cheesy, and has a strong premise behind it. I could see kids of age 10 and up enjoying this. I know I am a bit old and would not think most people above 16-18 would enjoy the show. But maybe they would. Expand
  3. Jul 30, 2012
    It makes me laugh, yet it does not make me feel retarded while doing so. That is pretty good for a comical cartoon show, since unfortunately most of these are not very smart. Gravity Falls is silly but it is also clever and the visual style is great. Maybe I am not a man-o-thaur. Half man, half... Watch it ;)
  4. Jul 12, 2012
    Disney Channel has declined in quality in recent years but this show is a breath of fresh air. Just about everything in this show is appealing. Its cutely animated, has interesting characters, a nice plot, and its sometimes funny.
  5. Nov 15, 2012
    Where to begin. The show is inviting, firstly and most obviously, for kids in that it is a disney produced cartoon. However, there is so much attraction for an older generation in the fantastically engineered dual layer of humor in the show combining childishness with maturity to rake in two completely different audiences. Add to that a gripping storyline, some hidden secrets in the episodes and title screen, AND the adorableness of Mabel and you have yourself a winner. Expand
  6. Jul 3, 2012
    Such a great show. It is the only reason I am going to be watching Disney Channel now. I can understand why a lot of adults might be a little upset though, because the premise of the show is geared more toward teenagers, but there are still a lot of kid friendly moments. It reminded me a lot of Foster's Hone For Imaginary Friends (which, the guy who created that is also helping with this) and that show was great also. The music, animation, humor, and plot are all top notch. Although it would probably do better on a network like Cartoon Network, Disney could do itself good with more of these shows. Expand
  7. Jul 22, 2012
    This is a great show. Best one by Disney in a long time. The animation is brilliant, the premise is interesting, and characters are well done and, at times, it can be very funny. One of my favorite cartoons on tv right now.
  8. Jul 12, 2012
    Incredibly entertaining. It's been a long time since I've been truly awestruck by the quality of a TV show. This may be the best animated program I've seen since Samurai Jack originally aired when I was quite young. The animation is beautiful and smooth, the art is detailed, the writing is clever and not pandering in the least, and all the characters distinct and likable. There's not a soul out there who can watch this and not say they love Mabel by the end of an episode or two. There are several references and homages in each episode, including Legend of Zelda, Super Troopers, and Doctor Who. Kristen Schaal's voice performance as Mabel is one of the highlights of the program, although Ritter is no lightweight here. And you'd think that'd be enough to warrant a solid 9 or 9.5, but toss in the continuity treasure, fun puzzles for the viewer to solve, a heartwarming family friendly message in each episode, and some of the catchiest damn music I've ever heard, and you've got a definite 10 across the board here. Try to keep that theme song out of your head the whole day, I dare you. And even the background music in the show is catchy and fitting. Each character has their own theme, and various "conflict" situations have music that sound like they come straight from the boss fight in a video game. If you are skeptical of modern day animated cartoons due to the lack of clever/well-thought-out writing and heavy reliance on "randomness", then I beg you to give this a chance, as it restored my faith in those who create animated programs. I give Dipper and Mabel a big 10, and wait on the edge of my seat for each next episode. Collapse
  9. Aug 26, 2012
    This is fantastic show! Many humors that will amuse kids and maybe even adults. It also has great graphics and amazing storyline Overall incredible and amazing show! I hope this show will last long and even maybe be the longest lasting show ever to exist!
  10. Dec 20, 2012
    This show is extremely well done. One of the things I like about this TV show is that there is no sing along things at all, unlike other animated Disney shows, which may have been their biggest downfall. Very funny and tons of humor, the only thing was the age level, which is maybe a teen to late teen, some scary scenes in the show indicate this. Overall, 10/10
  11. Mar 19, 2013
    When I say this I mean it it is 2012 and the only Disney shows that pay any attention to storyline are "Gravity Falls", "Phineas and Ferb", and "Good Luck Charlie". Gravity Falls feels more like and adult show by that I mean 15 and up. 1. Good story telling. 2. Something for everyone. The characters are all good. Wendy (Love her), and Uncle Stan (Funny), Mabel (Actually fills like a kid, thats good), Dipper (Good), Suis, if thats how its written (Funny). I love the relationship between Wendy and Dipper. Wendy might be like 21 and Dipper is like 12. Reminds me how I would act around Vanessa Hudgens. Cause you know were both probably never gonna get them but its cute like Zack and Maddie in "Suite Life of Zack & Cody". If your out there and think that Disney has nothing now watch this. Expand
  12. May 12, 2013
    This show is very good, because it keeps you in anticipation, like, Who is Stan and what are his true motives? If not Stan, who wrote Dipper's book.It's so mysterious.
  13. Jul 27, 2013
    This show is probably the only reason why a sane person would watch the crap that is modern day Disney Channel. Gravity Falls is a show that i totally did not expect to see come out of Disney Channel. It has a more "matured" humor and setting. I feel as if people would be turned away by the fact that it's on Disney Channel, or the fact that Disney's marketing is probably the worst I've seen. Gravity Falls is worth watching, unlike the terrible sitcoms that don't actually have audiences, like "Good Luck Charlie," or "Dog with a Blog." That is the worst idea ever. A dog owning his own blog? Give me a break... Expand
  14. Jul 5, 2013
    "Gravity Falls" is surprisingly surprising, with entertaining and weird characters and settings, and its darker but fun themes. With creepy creatures and funny twists, "Gravity Falls" is not that bad, and parents may have fun watching, and is probably Disney's best since"Suite Life on Deck"
  15. Sep 1, 2013
    It is an undeniable fact: Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and other kid's shows/networks have been declining in quality for some time now. However, Gravity Falls is arguably Disney's best work in a long time. Beautifully animated, funny, amusing, brilliant, with a interesting premise, and an excellent script/plot with great characters. While other shows like Spongebob, Regular Show, Good Luck Charlie, Adventure Time, etc are funny and nice, they eventually lose their quality and originality. They just grow kinda old ;maybe even somewhat annoying. Gravity Falls is the perfect example of what other kid shows should strive to achieve. If you haven't watched Gravity Falls yet, look it up. You'll be glad you did.

If you liked this review, read my other work.
  16. Dec 31, 2013
    Disney was in desperate need of a good new series, and with Gravity Falls, they've finally got it. With its clever writing, hilarious jokes and great voice acting, Gravity Falls appeals to both young and old audiences. It certainly is one of the best animated series I've seen in recent years.
  17. Aug 1, 2014
    Gravity Falls es una serie animada que combina la comedia con el misterio, y lo logra un muy buen aspecto, con una historia intrigante y un buen ámbito, logra ser entretenida, curiosa, divertida e interesante.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jun 29, 2012
    When their [Mabel and Dipper Pines'] plans distintegrate into dust, it gets good for the rest of us in this quirky and endearing new animated Disney series.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 15, 2012
    The show has a breezy quality that should play to kids, and tickle some twinges of nostalgia among their parents.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jun 15, 2012
    A likable new Disney Channel cartoon series about twins spending a summer with their strange great-uncle in a weird little town in the Pacific Northwest.