Season #: 1, 2
8.9

1. Jul 21, 2015
    Esta es la caricatura perfecta. La mejor en muchos años en todos los sentidos: animación, trama, humor, personajes y misterio. La recomendaría para niños, adolescentes y adultos también.
  2. Jun 14, 2015
    Excellent show!! best piece of media ever created by human beings!
    I actually can't even imagine one thing that they possibly did wrong in this cartoon.
  3. May 13, 2015
    I love cartoons and I am always a young at heart kind of person but this show took a lot of time to grow on me to be honest. In a couple of first episodes, while I do see the appeal for adults, the show felt like it focuses more for kids since it’s a Disney Channel TV show. However as I warmed up to the characters and the setting more, watching the show was a pleasant experience.

The

The show’s main characters Dipper and Mabel are adorable. Dipper is such a smart guy that knows his stuff while dealing with puberty. Mabel is the cute comic relief that it’s too hard to not like her.

The eerie supernatural concept is such an interesting, if yet more mature for this show. I agree that this show is a combination of The Simpsons, The X-Files and Twin Peaks and I can see where the inspiration of this show came from.

While it does have filler episodes, it is entertaining and it’s nice to see that those filler episodes are added to the continuity. It’s also nice to see there is some arc in this season that surely has a satisfying ending.

The most important aspect of making a cartoon show that adults can enjoy is making the humor universal to both kids and adults and this show has a humor that we adults can laugh. There were even certain moments where I had pause the show because I was still laughing.

Overall. despite being a Disney Channel TV show, Gravity Falls is the TV show that both kids and adults can enjoy with its interesting eerie supernatural concept setting, enjoyable characters especially Dopper and Mabel and a satisfying arc.
  4. May 6, 2015
    My score of 7 may be too low for some people. But it's just that the animation in the opening of the show seems more fluent than it does in the actual episodes. But that seems lazy to me since they take so much time to create an episode, make it look good! Lol besides that this is the only best Disney show to date. Nothing tops it! Good story and characters. Within the realm of the cartoonMy score of 7 may be too low for some people. But it's just that the animation in the opening of the show seems more fluent than it does in the actual episodes. But that seems lazy to me since they take so much time to create an episode, make it look good! Lol besides that this is the only best Disney show to date. Nothing tops it! Good story and characters. Within the realm of the cartoon world. I never thought a show would be good as Adventure Time as a cartoon. I gotta say I like anime (Animated Shows from Japan) And cartoons are improving more than anime. I have to say I'm happy to see that. Overall it's a cartoon with some mature messages and enjoyable for adults as well! Well maybe not past 30 years old, at the very least 40. Nothing more than a good story is all I have to say. Expand
  5. Apr 22, 2015
    One of the greatest shows i have seen in years. This show it's unique cause it's one of those shows that a great story,characters,and have secrets that are worth searching for. If you want a show that is entertaining yet have mysteries that interests you then this is the show for you.
  6. Apr 17, 2015
    I would probably just be repeating everyone else, so there's probably no point... oh who cares! Here's what I think:
    I've seen all 20 episodes twice, with the second watch being even more entertaining. The art is off the hook and Kristen Schaal provides the perfect voice for Mabel. The secrets of Gravity Falls start to unravel quite fast, especially in the second half of the season; and I'm sure there's much more where that came from. The links between episodes are considerably looser however (compared to the second season) but they're still in the background.
    As a tight package of 20 episodic stories what it delivered was a potent dose of adventure and fun. However, it's not afraid to show emotions, too, as we get to explore the relationships between several characters, the bond Dipper and Mabel share being the most important. Of course it's not all drama, there's a ton of jokes in there.
  7. Mar 9, 2015
    I'm a full grown a** adult and I love this cartoon, it's hilarious and soooo much better than some of the cartoons I watched when I was younger. To keep it short watch a couple of episodes and you won't want to stop.
  8. Feb 22, 2015
    I cant belie that they would allow this show, with the blood coming out of the heads and etc. I would have guessed this show would have had a PG13 rating. Still, a must for kids between 7 and 14, and 14 to 18, boys and girls, and over 18, and over 30. I love to see that Disney Isn't falling into a bottomless pit of crappy TV shows and that they are pushing the limits of TVY7, kids wontI cant belie that they would allow this show, with the blood coming out of the heads and etc. I would have guessed this show would have had a PG13 rating. Still, a must for kids between 7 and 14, and 14 to 18, boys and girls, and over 18, and over 30. I love to see that Disney Isn't falling into a bottomless pit of crappy TV shows and that they are pushing the limits of TVY7, kids wont become serial killers if they watch something that's non a pile of fluff, and the animation, and the colors, AND THE THEME SONG, AND THE HIDDEN MESSAGES, AND THAT THE CREATOR OF GF HAS A REDDIT :D A must watch for all human alive. Expand
  9. Dec 22, 2014
    A great TV show made by Disney that can be enjoy for kids and adults alike.It has Some Weird Moments and a lot of crazy creatures wondering in Gravity Falls that Dipper and Mabell will sure to find!
  10. Nov 22, 2014
    Gravity Falls es una serie animada que combina la comedia con el misterio, y lo logra un muy buen aspecto, con una historia intrigante y un buen ámbito, logra ser entretenida, curiosa, divertida e interesante.
  11. Nov 3, 2014
    A surprisingly great show from Disney. Surprised this cartoon was greenlit over some other dumb, generic one. It looks like Disney is finally deciding to take lessons from Cartoon Network in order to attract the older demographic. I'm 19 and my little brother made me watch it, which I didn't want to because of prejudice towards Disney programming, but it actually had jokes and dialogueA surprisingly great show from Disney. Surprised this cartoon was greenlit over some other dumb, generic one. It looks like Disney is finally deciding to take lessons from Cartoon Network in order to attract the older demographic. I'm 19 and my little brother made me watch it, which I didn't want to because of prejudice towards Disney programming, but it actually had jokes and dialogue that actually made me laugh. Even though it has some messages that I can't really relate to anymore, but I know my little brother can, so that's alright with me. Expand
  12. Dec 31, 2013
    Disney was in desperate need of a good new series, and with Gravity Falls, they've finally got it. With its clever writing, hilarious jokes and great voice acting, Gravity Falls appeals to both young and old audiences. It certainly is one of the best animated series I've seen in recent years.
  13. Sep 1, 2013
    It is an undeniable fact: Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and other kid's shows/networks have been declining in quality for some time now. However, Gravity Falls is arguably Disney's best work in a long time. Beautifully animated, funny, amusing, brilliant, with a interesting premise, and an excellent script/plot with great characters. While other shows like Spongebob, RegularIt is an undeniable fact: Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and other kid's shows/networks have been declining in quality for some time now. However, Gravity Falls is arguably Disney's best work in a long time. Beautifully animated, funny, amusing, brilliant, with a interesting premise, and an excellent script/plot with great characters. While other shows like Spongebob, Regular Show, Good Luck Charlie, Adventure Time, etc are funny and nice, they eventually lose their quality and originality. They just grow kinda old ;maybe even somewhat annoying. Gravity Falls is the perfect example of what other kid shows should strive to achieve. If you haven't watched Gravity Falls yet, look it up. You'll be glad you did.

If you liked this review, read my other work.
  14. Jul 27, 2013
    This show is probably the only reason why a sane person would watch the crap that is modern day Disney Channel. Gravity Falls is a show that i totally did not expect to see come out of Disney Channel. It has a more "matured" humor and setting. I feel as if people would be turned away by the fact that it's on Disney Channel, or the fact that Disney's marketing is probably the worst I'veThis show is probably the only reason why a sane person would watch the crap that is modern day Disney Channel. Gravity Falls is a show that i totally did not expect to see come out of Disney Channel. It has a more "matured" humor and setting. I feel as if people would be turned away by the fact that it's on Disney Channel, or the fact that Disney's marketing is probably the worst I've seen. Gravity Falls is worth watching, unlike the terrible sitcoms that don't actually have audiences, like "Good Luck Charlie," or "Dog with a Blog." That is the worst idea ever. A dog owning his own blog? Give me a break... Expand
  15. Jul 5, 2013
    "Gravity Falls" is surprisingly surprising, with entertaining and weird characters and settings, and its darker but fun themes. With creepy creatures and funny twists, "Gravity Falls" is not that bad, and parents may have fun watching, and is probably Disney's best since"Suite Life on Deck"
  16. May 12, 2013
    This show is very good, because it keeps you in anticipation, like, Who is Stan and what are his true motives? If not Stan, who wrote Dipper's book.It's so mysterious.
  17. Mar 19, 2013
    When I say this I mean it it is 2012 and the only Disney shows that pay any attention to storyline are "Gravity Falls", "Phineas and Ferb", and "Good Luck Charlie". Gravity Falls feels more like and adult show by that I mean 15 and up. 1. Good story telling. 2. Something for everyone. The characters are all good. Wendy (Love her), and Uncle Stan (Funny), Mabel (Actually fills like a kid,When I say this I mean it it is 2012 and the only Disney shows that pay any attention to storyline are "Gravity Falls", "Phineas and Ferb", and "Good Luck Charlie". Gravity Falls feels more like and adult show by that I mean 15 and up. 1. Good story telling. 2. Something for everyone. The characters are all good. Wendy (Love her), and Uncle Stan (Funny), Mabel (Actually fills like a kid, thats good), Dipper (Good), Suis, if thats how its written (Funny). I love the relationship between Wendy and Dipper. Wendy might be like 21 and Dipper is like 12. Reminds me how I would act around Vanessa Hudgens. Cause you know were both probably never gonna get them but its cute like Zack and Maddie in "Suite Life of Zack & Cody". If your out there and think that Disney has nothing now watch this. Expand
  18. Dec 20, 2012
    This show is extremely well done. One of the things I like about this TV show is that there is no sing along things at all, unlike other animated Disney shows, which may have been their biggest downfall. Very funny and tons of humor, the only thing was the age level, which is maybe a teen to late teen, some scary scenes in the show indicate this. Overall, 10/10
  19. Nov 15, 2012
    Where to begin. The show is inviting, firstly and most obviously, for kids in that it is a disney produced cartoon. However, there is so much attraction for an older generation in the fantastically engineered dual layer of humor in the show combining childishness with maturity to rake in two completely different audiences. Add to that a gripping storyline, some hidden secrets in theWhere to begin. The show is inviting, firstly and most obviously, for kids in that it is a disney produced cartoon. However, there is so much attraction for an older generation in the fantastically engineered dual layer of humor in the show combining childishness with maturity to rake in two completely different audiences. Add to that a gripping storyline, some hidden secrets in the episodes and title screen, AND the adorableness of Mabel and you have yourself a winner. Expand
  20. Sep 21, 2012
    This show is THE ONLY reason I watch Disney Channel (besides Phineas and Ferb). It has a lot of clever humor and a very lovable cast. I can't wait to see what else they can do with this show!
  21. Aug 26, 2012
    This is fantastic show! Many humors that will amuse kids and maybe even adults. It also has great graphics and amazing storyline Overall incredible and amazing show! I hope this show will last long and even maybe be the longest lasting show ever to exist!
  22. Jul 30, 2012
    It makes me laugh, yet it does not make me feel retarded while doing so. That is pretty good for a comical cartoon show, since unfortunately most of these are not very smart. Gravity Falls is silly but it is also clever and the visual style is great. Maybe I am not a man-o-thaur. Half man, half... Watch it ;)
  23. Jul 22, 2012
    This is a great show. Best one by Disney in a long time. The animation is brilliant, the premise is interesting, and characters are well done and, at times, it can be very funny. One of my favorite cartoons on tv right now.
  24. Jul 12, 2012
    Disney Channel has declined in quality in recent years but this show is a breath of fresh air. Just about everything in this show is appealing. Its cutely animated, has interesting characters, a nice plot, and its sometimes funny.
  25. Jul 12, 2012
    Incredibly entertaining. It's been a long time since I've been truly awestruck by the quality of a TV show. This may be the best animated program I've seen since Samurai Jack originally aired when I was quite young. The animation is beautiful and smooth, the art is detailed, the writing is clever and not pandering in the least, and all the characters distinct and likable. There's not aIncredibly entertaining. It's been a long time since I've been truly awestruck by the quality of a TV show. This may be the best animated program I've seen since Samurai Jack originally aired when I was quite young. The animation is beautiful and smooth, the art is detailed, the writing is clever and not pandering in the least, and all the characters distinct and likable. There's not a soul out there who can watch this and not say they love Mabel by the end of an episode or two. There are several references and homages in each episode, including Legend of Zelda, Super Troopers, and Doctor Who. Kristen Schaal's voice performance as Mabel is one of the highlights of the program, although Ritter is no lightweight here. And you'd think that'd be enough to warrant a solid 9 or 9.5, but toss in the continuity treasure, fun puzzles for the viewer to solve, a heartwarming family friendly message in each episode, and some of the catchiest damn music I've ever heard, and you've got a definite 10 across the board here. Try to keep that theme song out of your head the whole day, I dare you. And even the background music in the show is catchy and fitting. Each character has their own theme, and various "conflict" situations have music that sound like they come straight from the boss fight in a video game. If you are skeptical of modern day animated cartoons due to the lack of clever/well-thought-out writing and heavy reliance on "randomness", then I beg you to give this a chance, as it restored my faith in those who create animated programs. I give Dipper and Mabel a big 10, and wait on the edge of my seat for each next episode. Collapse
  26. Jul 5, 2012
    I like this show, no other reason to watch Disney Channel. I am 23 Years of age, and actually find this show entertaining. I don't know why. It is not necessarily geared towards older people, but it does have a teenage feel to it vs. children. It feels like some of the classics like Fosters Home like the other review said. Nothing else is of interest on Disney Channel, but I do likeI like this show, no other reason to watch Disney Channel. I am 23 Years of age, and actually find this show entertaining. I don't know why. It is not necessarily geared towards older people, but it does have a teenage feel to it vs. children. It feels like some of the classics like Fosters Home like the other review said. Nothing else is of interest on Disney Channel, but I do like quality cartoons, yes, even at my age. But the show is not cheesy, and has a strong premise behind it. I could see kids of age 10 and up enjoying this. I know I am a bit old and would not think most people above 16-18 would enjoy the show. But maybe they would. Expand
  27. Jul 3, 2012
    Such a great show. It is the only reason I am going to be watching Disney Channel now. I can understand why a lot of adults might be a little upset though, because the premise of the show is geared more toward teenagers, but there are still a lot of kid friendly moments. It reminded me a lot of Foster's Hone For Imaginary Friends (which, the guy who created that is also helping with this)Such a great show. It is the only reason I am going to be watching Disney Channel now. I can understand why a lot of adults might be a little upset though, because the premise of the show is geared more toward teenagers, but there are still a lot of kid friendly moments. It reminded me a lot of Foster's Hone For Imaginary Friends (which, the guy who created that is also helping with this) and that show was great also. The music, animation, humor, and plot are all top notch. Although it would probably do better on a network like Cartoon Network, Disney could do itself good with more of these shows. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Jun 29, 2012
    When their [Mabel and Dipper Pines'] plans distintegrate into dust, it gets good for the rest of us in this quirky and endearing new animated Disney series.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jun 15, 2012
    The show has a breezy quality that should play to kids, and tickle some twinges of nostalgia among their parents.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Jun 15, 2012
    A likable new Disney Channel cartoon series about twins spending a summer with their strange great-uncle in a weird little town in the Pacific Northwest.