Greatest American Dog : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Jul 10, 2008
5.4

1. M.A.
    Aug 24, 2008
    I get a kick out of this show. Dog people usually have a hard time relating to humans and do much better with dogs. It has been interesting to see each owner and dog work out the problems as the show has progressed. I think the judges are a bit stuck on themselves tho.
  2. JoeM.
    Jul 31, 2008
    Personality Photo contest about the owners and had nothing to do with which dog is the best! Too many dumb trials/test and the panel stinks! They need to start all over and put together a real contest. All the dogs are great but can't say the same for some owners and the producer!
  3. JimmyC.
    Jul 30, 2008
    I think the judges are too cruel and the person who made it didn't really think about showing what dogs and owners really should do together.
  4. DeniseD.
    Jul 29, 2008
    Love the show! My Siberian Husky puppy even watches ! Learning good tips. All the dogs are trying so hard! Love Star, Tillman and Pressley. Our only whine - next season could they please feel bad for the viewing public (and puppy) ears and get contestants with normal voices???
  5. Dee
    Jul 26, 2008
    it could be a total success if created by dog owners like myself...email me I own the son of Elvis who stars the sunsilk outine commercial. He is a complete joy, cute and very funny. email me at: jake12048@yahoo.com. Pics at; http://www.myspace.com/jakesworld124 Can send more pics.... Dee (Jakes owner)
  6. Renee
    Jul 24, 2008
    I had to put my dog down at the end of May. I am enjoying this show and I am learning some things I could have done better with my pet. This is the only reality show I have ever watched. Just DO NOT do survivor type shows with dogs.
    Jul 19, 2008
    The first episode was all about the owners. I wasn't going to watch again. The second one was more about the dogs, but I'm through with it now since they ousted the Black girl and didn't get rid of that whiner who dressed up her dog in foolish clothes, boo-hooed and intimidated the judges.
  8. kylekyle
    Jul 17, 2008
    This show is so exaggerated and cheesy; it is the biggest waste of time ever.
  9. DevonC.
    Jul 11, 2008
    Two for the dogs--Zero for the unlikeable owners.
  10. P
    Jul 10, 2008
    I thought this was going to be like an hour long "Stupid Pet Tricks", which would have been awesome. What a let-down. Whoever came up with this concept is a moron.

The dog-and-owner interplay ranges from the awesome and comic to the cringe-worthy.
  2. This series turns out to be far less than the sum of its parts, with the human egos far surpassing the stupid pet tricks in terms of relevance and screen time. And that’s wholly unfortunate.
    If you are a dog person, have I got a show for you. It's like dog camp but done as a reality show, Greatest American Dog.