Greatest American Dog : Season 1

• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 10, 2008

1. Renee
    Jul 24, 2008
    I had to put my dog down at the end of May. I am enjoying this show and I am learning some things I could have done better with my pet. This is the only reality show I have ever watched. Just DO NOT do survivor type shows with dogs.
  2. DeniseD.
    Jul 29, 2008
    Love the show! My Siberian Husky puppy even watches ! Learning good tips. All the dogs are trying so hard! Love Star, Tillman and Pressley. Our only whine - next season could they please feel bad for the viewing public (and puppy) ears and get contestants with normal voices???
  3. M.A.
    Aug 24, 2008
    I get a kick out of this show. Dog people usually have a hard time relating to humans and do much better with dogs. It has been interesting to see each owner and dog work out the problems as the show has progressed. I think the judges are a bit stuck on themselves tho.

The dog-and-owner interplay ranges from the awesome and comic to the cringe-worthy.
  2. This series turns out to be far less than the sum of its parts, with the human egos far surpassing the stupid pet tricks in terms of relevance and screen time. And that’s wholly unfortunate.
    If you are a dog person, have I got a show for you. It's like dog camp but done as a reality show, Greatest American Dog.