• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 28, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.6

1. Oct 30, 2011
    I felt Grimm's pilot was satisfying to watch. Acting was great, I was on the edge of my seat while watching it (And was a little scared). All-in-all I feel this will end up being great if they can keep a balance, and spend more time on learning/Teaching viewers about each monster!
  2. Oct 31, 2011
    First new series of the year that I'm actually counting the days until the next episode. Could be better directed as I felt like it was missing a strong punch (the WOW factor) but it was enjoyable to watch and showed good promise for future.
  3. Oct 29, 2011
    Much, much better than the mixed reviews would have suggested. Atmospheric, dark and genuinely creepy at times with just a sprinkling of Whedonesque humor. Head and shoulders above the unwatchably trite and badly written "Once upon a time" we were treated to earlier this week. If you are looking for an entertaining and adult urban fantasy series, look no further. What a pleasant surprise!
  4. Oct 29, 2011
    Based on the pilot, this is panning out to be a great show. It has the cop drama feel as well as a supernatural factor. The casting seems well done so far and the premise is great. I don't see why this is compared to Once Upon a Time, I mean they're both 'fairy tale' stories, but their premise couldn't be more different. There is no problem with liking both and I hope they both succeed.
  5. Nov 24, 2011
    I love this show. I always thought that Grimm Fairy Tales were twisted...and this show takes it to another level. The special effects are over the top. I am addicted to Grimm. I want to see a Hansel and Gretel episode.
  6. Nov 30, 2011
    Great show, and interesting recreation of the old stories. The 3 male main characters have great chemistry. The female romance interest is a bit lack luster, but the great casting for all the other characters makes up for it.

I think the show has a good balance of nodding to the old stories while still creating their own world. It's more like the old stories were passed down legends of
    events and creatures as a quasi propaganda movement, and the current problems are how the creatures and world adapted later. Somewhere in between the two is what really happened back in the old days. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a really interesting show. I think people are comparing it to Once Upon A Time, but they are totally different. I like that each episode has a quote from an old fairy tale and then is loosely based on it. It's not a 'remake' or 'copy' of those old stories though. There is clearly an original story arc, with only small touches of old stories. This shouldn't be disappointing because the whole plot of the show is that the main character is a decedent of the original Grimm brothers. Expand
  8. Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm is as much a mystery/crime drama as it is fantasy and supernatural and more of an adventure as well. And as long as the series can maintain that balance, viewers should be in for a satisfying and enjoyable ride.
  9. Nov 8, 2011
    Absolutely awesome series! Much much better than Once Upon A Time from ABC. Please keep them coming! As someone else said before, I count down the days til next show! I DVR it and have an app on my ipad to watch it! The German guy that wrote a review raging about the wrong doing the Tales of Brothers Grimm is absolute nut case! This is not about the actual fairy tales dude, its all mix and match, pure entertainment and should be percieved as one. Expand
  10. Nov 18, 2011
    It has so much potential to be a great show, the pilot was edgy and dark. The acting is good, the music gives you a sort of atmosphere. All in all its quite original altough I really hope they don´t go to much into the cop/detective side of the story, they should find balance and stick with the fantasy!
  11. Nov 18, 2011
    I am enjoying this show. I am very into crime and fantasy shows and this is a mix of the two. I hope it will be around for awhile. I was taken in by this show and cant wait for more.
  12. Nov 19, 2011
    This is a nice take on a standard procedural show. Well done, attention to details (Renard speaks French, and as a French-speaking Canadian, I must say it's refreshing to hear it well spoken on an American show), well acted. It's early in the season, but I think it will do well.
  13. Nov 19, 2011
    Exceptional show, with skillful writing and acting. It's refreshing to see fantasy done with some subtlety! Humour is present, but not too invasive. I hope viewers will be tuning in for this TV feast.
  14. Nov 19, 2011
    I think people keep thinking this is supposed to be like the Grimm Brothers.. Actually, from what I see, they are don't get that this show is basically about the unexplained and supernatural in our world. If you think about it, it is a lot like what the Grimm Fairytales and basically movie made on this are like.. So in all due respect, I love this series and love each episode as well as how it's going... Give it a chance critics! Stop being so critical all the time! Expand
  15. Nov 28, 2011
    It's a really good, fun show. Incredible attention to deatails. Smart and witty. There's nothing else like it, so there is no boring formula. Intriging and curious what happens next. Keep it going.
  16. Dec 1, 2011
    I've been enjoying this new TV Show this last month. Conclusion: Although is different from the real story, it's being interesting. Pretty different from what the review previously said.
  17. Dec 14, 2011
    Mythology, fairy tales, urban myths, and detective work all rolled into one. It could have been a cluttered mess, but it's fabulous. It isn't strict to the old stories, seeing them more as rumor than rule and it leaves a lot of room for an updated plot. Right now it is kind of Monster of the Week, as one person already pointed out, but so far it's been time well spent explaining a world-within-a-world setting without feeling like it's overloading the viewer's brain with info. I like it. Monroe's a doll. :D Expand
  18. May 2, 2013
    This is a great show with a lot of quirky characters and people. It borders on the surreal. Looks like NBC has another winner on the schedule board! David Guintoni is excellent in his role and Silas Weir knocks it out of the park as David's sidekick, The Wolfman!
  19. Mar 11, 2012
    Unbelievable that this show is being panned by critics (well, maybe not since critics are so often wrong, wrong, wrong).

This is a GREAT show with a good sense of humor and a good amount of suspense. It mixes supernatural elements with fairy tale violence, but ti doesn't take it to far. It is a show you can watch with your wife and kids.

The casting is excellent, btw. All of the casting
    has been near perfect.

I love this show and wouldn't miss it, along with The Walking Dead (another fantastic show, but not one you'd watch with kids).
  20. Sep 8, 2012
    Probably a best tv show of last two year.
    If you are a fan of X-files or wish Supernaturals would have a less annoying characters, you will most likely love the Grimm.
  21. Dec 21, 2011
    Building a mythology like Buffy, and by episodes 5 and 6 has built some strong characters and is layering in the mysteries. Particularly took a step forward with Danse Macabre. The growing grey areas is also very good. There are evil humans and good monsters as well as well as the other way around. Repeating the resemblances to Buffy, but, again, that is not a bad thing as of yet.
  22. Feb 9, 2012
    Well I m a German too, still i absolutely love this show. Its creepy, dark and supernatural mixed with my childhood storybooks. I am happy they DO NOT go exactly after these books though, since it would be boring and you know how its gonna turn out. It also shows how these monsters have/want to try and just live a normal life. AND they decide to be good or bad, not their heritage.
    I think
    the interaction with the werewolf is great, hes my favorite character. He is such a sweet, decent and educated person, its is really hard not to like him.
    They give each character so much depth (besides the main character and his wife/gf for some reason), that you can end up cheering for a monster.
  23. Mar 4, 2012
    This show is by far the best show of its kind in television. The stories are well written and every story leaves you a clue to the bigger story of the season and it keeps you engaged as well as interested. The actors all do a great job in their characters and the graphics with respect to the different creature faces are great.
  24. May 25, 2012
    This is the best new concept show on broadcast TV. Grimm was a very good show with very little downside, good concept, good script, good acting.

I think Nick, Monroe, Hank and Captain Sean Renard were the reason for this success, not that there were any woman up till now. I like Juliette, as Nicks girlfriend. I like Dr. Harper as Monroe's love interest.
  25. Apr 16, 2012
    Love this series. Love the Grimm Fairy tales and even though how they are being applied here doesn't always make sense, the show holds some promise. The lead character is not very strong but the supporting cast makes up for his lack of charisma, especially the big bad wolf. Have to see more episodes but I am looking forward to it.
  26. May 20, 2012
    I was surprised at the difference between the critics ratings and those of the users. After watching two episodes, I really like the show! The different slant on the fairy tales is refreshing. It seems to me that some of the critics are expecting more of a crime procedural drama. I see it as an original take on the fantasy and fairy tales, with the "what if" aspect of bringing tales more convincing than many other television attempts. Expand
  27. Aug 12, 2012
    I rated this as a 6 originally after 2-3 episodes. But now after watching the whole season it really is one of my favourite new shows. The actors have settled in with Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir MItchell and the lead David Giuntoli as stand outs. The story lines are entertaining and the series story arc has hooked me. I think it has a good balance of story as well. I am really looking forward to season 2. Expand
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    The show is great, you start feeling for the characters, and hope they don't get hurt. The bad guys are portrayed exactly as that, bad guys. Monroe is one of the greatest characters on TV
  29. Mar 22, 2014
    Original, Non-cringe, great dialogue, convincing visual effects, and great acting round out this absolute treat of a show. For those that are looking for intelligent characters on screen that do not constantly make the same stupid mistakes you've seen made in a hundred other shows, this is the show for you.

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm is most alive in the scenes where Nick teams up with Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell), a monster who is trying hard to walk the straight path. These moments introduce some much-needed levity to a drama where every echoing slam of a file-cabinet drawer amounts to a portentous groan.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm has a low-rent Saturday Syfy vibe to it.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 28, 2011
    There's a potentially good supernatural cop show to be made, and certain pieces in place to make this into that. But the version you'll see on NBC tonight seems to be embracing the show's likely failure by being something few will miss if it doesn't work out.