Grimm : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Oct 28, 2011
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
7.8

1. May 2, 2013
    This is a great show with a lot of quirky characters and people. It borders on the surreal. Looks like NBC has another winner on the schedule board! David Guintoni is excellent in his role and Silas Weir knocks it out of the park as David's sidekick, The Wolfman!
  2. Oct 30, 2011
    I felt Grimm's pilot was satisfying to watch. Acting was great, I was on the edge of my seat while watching it (And was a little scared). All-in-all I feel this will end up being great if they can keep a balance, and spend more time on learning/Teaching viewers about each monster!
  3. Oct 29, 2011
    Pretty good pilot

Strong supporting cast, interesting premises and enough stories to carry the show. I can see this one becoming a hit! I haven't liked many pilots this season but I will definitely tune in for this one.
  4. Nov 21, 2011
    A quite charming series that is a lot more enjoyable than you'd think especially considering this year's rather weak slate of shows in general. Special effects are sometimes incredibly cheesy having that said the pacing, the characters and the original short stories are irresistible it's like a King of Poe short story collection in motion. Recommended.
  5. Oct 28, 2011
    I think there will be another season of Grimm it's not bad at all still not like The X Files I loved The X Files I keep hoping something like the x files will air but not yet although Grimm has it's scary and mystery moments it is entertaining .
  6. Nov 24, 2011
    I love this show. I always thought that Grimm Fairy Tales were twisted...and this show takes it to another level. The special effects are over the top. I am addicted to Grimm. I want to see a Hansel and Gretel episode.
  7. Nov 30, 2011
    Great show, and interesting recreation of the old stories. The 3 male main characters have great chemistry. The female romance interest is a bit lack luster, but the great casting for all the other characters makes up for it.

I think the show has a good balance of nodding to the old stories while still creating their own world. It's more like the old stories were passed down legends of events and creatures as a quasi propaganda movement, and the current problems are how the creatures and world adapted later. Somewhere in between the two is what really happened back in the old days.
  8. Oct 31, 2011
    First new series of the year that I'm actually counting the days until the next episode. Could be better directed as I felt like it was missing a strong punch (the WOW factor) but it was enjoyable to watch and showed good promise for future.
  9. Oct 29, 2011
    Much, much better than the mixed reviews would have suggested. Atmospheric, dark and genuinely creepy at times with just a sprinkling of Whedonesque humor. Head and shoulders above the unwatchably trite and badly written "Once upon a time" we were treated to earlier this week. If you are looking for an entertaining and adult urban fantasy series, look no further. What a pleasant surprise!
  10. Oct 29, 2011
    Based on the pilot, this is panning out to be a great show. It has the cop drama feel as well as a supernatural factor. The casting seems well done so far and the premise is great. I don't see why this is compared to Once Upon a Time, I mean they're both 'fairy tale' stories, but their premise couldn't be more different. There is no problem with liking both and I hope they both succeed.
  11. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a really interesting show. I think people are comparing it to Once Upon A Time, but they are totally different. I like that each episode has a quote from an old fairy tale and then is loosely based on it. It's not a 'remake' or 'copy' of those old stories though. There is clearly an original story arc, with only small touches of old stories. This shouldn't be disappointing becauseThis is a really interesting show. I think people are comparing it to Once Upon A Time, but they are totally different. I like that each episode has a quote from an old fairy tale and then is loosely based on it. It's not a 'remake' or 'copy' of those old stories though. There is clearly an original story arc, with only small touches of old stories. This shouldn't be disappointing because the whole plot of the show is that the main character is a decedent of the original Grimm brothers. Expand
  12. Nov 1, 2011
    I've only seen one episode so far, but I like it quite a bit. The acting isn't great, but it's definitely intriguing.
  13. Oct 29, 2011
    This is a very intriguing idea that reminds me of Buffy with a horror focus (rather than the hip, funny thing it did so well). And that's not so surprising given the two shows share producers. I'm definitely going to keep watching, although I'm not 100% sold on the acting and writing. Not that the first episode was bad, but it wasn't fantastic. Nonetheless, there's a lot of interestingThis is a very intriguing idea that reminds me of Buffy with a horror focus (rather than the hip, funny thing it did so well). And that's not so surprising given the two shows share producers. I'm definitely going to keep watching, although I'm not 100% sold on the acting and writing. Not that the first episode was bad, but it wasn't fantastic. Nonetheless, there's a lot of interesting storylines hinted at in the first episode. I'm looking forward to next week.

Oh, and the fact that this is getting a 55 on Metacritic, while the truly craptastic Once Upon a Time is getting a 66 is evidence that a lot of TV critics don't know what they're talking about in my opinion.
  14. Nov 8, 2011
    Absolutely awesome series! Much much better than Once Upon A Time from ABC. Please keep them coming! As someone else said before, I count down the days til next show! I DVR it and have an app on my ipad to watch it! The German guy that wrote a review raging about the wrong doing the Tales of Brothers Grimm is absolute nut case! This is not about the actual fairy tales dude, its all mix andAbsolutely awesome series! Much much better than Once Upon A Time from ABC. Please keep them coming! As someone else said before, I count down the days til next show! I DVR it and have an app on my ipad to watch it! The German guy that wrote a review raging about the wrong doing the Tales of Brothers Grimm is absolute nut case! This is not about the actual fairy tales dude, its all mix and match, pure entertainment and should be percieved as one. Expand
  15. Nov 18, 2011
    It has so much potential to be a great show, the pilot was edgy and dark. The acting is good, the music gives you a sort of atmosphere. All in all its quite original altough I really hope they don´t go to much into the cop/detective side of the story, they should find balance and stick with the fantasy!
  16. Nov 18, 2011
    I am enjoying this show. I am very into crime and fantasy shows and this is a mix of the two. I hope it will be around for awhile. I was taken in by this show and cant wait for more.
  17. Nov 19, 2011
    This is a nice take on a standard procedural show. Well done, attention to details (Renard speaks French, and as a French-speaking Canadian, I must say it's refreshing to hear it well spoken on an American show), well acted. It's early in the season, but I think it will do well.
  18. Nov 19, 2011
    Exceptional show, with skillful writing and acting. It's refreshing to see fantasy done with some subtlety! Humour is present, but not too invasive. I hope viewers will be tuning in for this TV feast.
  19. Nov 19, 2011
    I think people keep thinking this is supposed to be like the Grimm Brothers.. Actually, from what I see, they are don't get that this show is basically about the unexplained and supernatural in our world. If you think about it, it is a lot like what the Grimm Fairytales and basically movie made on this are like.. So in all due respect, I love this series and love each episode as well asI think people keep thinking this is supposed to be like the Grimm Brothers.. Actually, from what I see, they are don't get that this show is basically about the unexplained and supernatural in our world. If you think about it, it is a lot like what the Grimm Fairytales and basically movie made on this are like.. So in all due respect, I love this series and love each episode as well as how it's going... Give it a chance critics! Stop being so critical all the time! Expand
  20. Nov 28, 2011
    It's a really good, fun show. Incredible attention to deatails. Smart and witty. There's nothing else like it, so there is no boring formula. Intriging and curious what happens next. Keep it going.
  21. Dec 1, 2011
    I've been enjoying this new TV Show this last month. Conclusion: Although is different from the real story, it's being interesting. Pretty different from what the review previously said.
  22. Dec 14, 2011
    Mythology, fairy tales, urban myths, and detective work all rolled into one. It could have been a cluttered mess, but it's fabulous. It isn't strict to the old stories, seeing them more as rumor than rule and it leaves a lot of room for an updated plot. Right now it is kind of Monster of the Week, as one person already pointed out, but so far it's been time well spent explaining aMythology, fairy tales, urban myths, and detective work all rolled into one. It could have been a cluttered mess, but it's fabulous. It isn't strict to the old stories, seeing them more as rumor than rule and it leaves a lot of room for an updated plot. Right now it is kind of Monster of the Week, as one person already pointed out, but so far it's been time well spent explaining a world-within-a-world setting without feeling like it's overloading the viewer's brain with info. I like it. Monroe's a doll. :D Expand
  23. Mar 22, 2012
    The show gets better with each episode, nice take on the fairy tale characters by incorporating them into modern day world. I only found a couple of episodes to be lame (the reason I didn't give it a perfect 10) - the ones that are darker and "Grimm" are the best. The acting by the main cast is good.
  24. May 25, 2012
    This is the best new concept show on broadcast TV. Grimm was a very good show with very little downside, good concept, good script, good acting.

I think Nick, Monroe, Hank and Captain Sean Renard were the reason for this success, not that there were any woman up till now. I like Juliette, as Nicks girlfriend. I like Dr. Harper as Monroe's love interest.
  25. Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm is as much a mystery/crime drama as it is fantasy and supernatural and more of an adventure as well. And as long as the series can maintain that balance, viewers should be in for a satisfying and enjoyable ride.
  26. Oct 30, 2011
    It was very good yet i prefer ABC's Once upon a Time. ABC wins this round yet I will still watch and give it a chance. the Acting was decent, and the special effects and the makeup on the monsters were pretty spectacular.
  27. Apr 2, 2012
    Decent show. A bit confused still about who can see whom and when & why some people can see past the cover while others cant. This is a bit selective and seems to be planted at times for the storylines convenience. Maybe the writers should find a way to address this
  28. Mar 11, 2012
    Unbelievable that this show is being panned by critics (well, maybe not since critics are so often wrong, wrong, wrong).

This is a GREAT show with a good sense of humor and a good amount of suspense. It mixes supernatural elements with fairy tale violence, but ti doesn't take it to far. It is a show you can watch with your wife and kids. The casting is excellent, btw. All of the casting

The casting is excellent, btw. All of the casting has been near perfect.

I love this show and wouldn't miss it, along with The Walking Dead (another fantastic show, but not one you'd watch with kids).
  29. Sep 8, 2012
    Probably a best tv show of last two year.
    If you are a fan of X-files or wish Supernaturals would have a less annoying characters, you will most likely love the Grimm.
  30. Dec 21, 2011
    Building a mythology like Buffy, and by episodes 5 and 6 has built some strong characters and is layering in the mysteries. Particularly took a step forward with Danse Macabre. The growing grey areas is also very good. There are evil humans and good monsters as well as well as the other way around. Repeating the resemblances to Buffy, but, again, that is not a bad thing as of yet.

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm is most alive in the scenes where Nick teams up with Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell), a monster who is trying hard to walk the straight path. These moments introduce some much-needed levity to a drama where every echoing slam of a file-cabinet drawer amounts to a portentous groan.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm has a low-rent Saturday Syfy vibe to it.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 28, 2011
    There's a potentially good supernatural cop show to be made, and certain pieces in place to make this into that. But the version you'll see on NBC tonight seems to be embracing the show's likely failure by being something few will miss if it doesn't work out.