• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 28, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.6

1. Nov 5, 2014
    I was a bit skeptical about this show at first, then I watched the premiere trailer and became a bit more excited about it. I can say after watching all the episodes and keeping current with this season it has exceeded what I previously thought of the show and it has some interesting aspects in the show. The acting is good and they have a good bit of twists that you wouldn't expect in the show. With that being said I wouldn't hesitate on recommending this show to somebody to watch. Expand
  2. Oct 26, 2014
    Grimm is a nifty little achievement. So many sub-genre competitors yet it still seems unique. For a series that doesn't really fit into the serial drama category, Grimm's characters are surprisingly compelling. Monroe in particular is humorous and entertaining and probably the reason that I continued to watch. On the downside however just because it seems unique it doesn't mean that it is better than it's competitors. Shows like Supernatural and American Horror Story are better quality but if you have a taste for comedy drama's, certainly give Grimm a go. Expand
  3. Sep 23, 2014
    finally more Grimms

up until now there has only been one Grimm (with an implied second Grimm).

There can be only one does not apply here.

There are too few episodes per season although more than the pittance that socialist states offer (sherlock: 3/season)
  4. Mar 22, 2014
    Original, Non-cringe, great dialogue, convincing visual effects, and great acting round out this absolute treat of a show. For those that are looking for intelligent characters on screen that do not constantly make the same stupid mistakes you've seen made in a hundred other shows, this is the show for you.
  5. Feb 24, 2014
    Some good episodes, some bad episodes. It can get a bit repetitive sometimes with similar elements in each episode. I also find the main character uninteresting and in need of character development throughout the seasons. The grimms circle of friends have personality that are likeable and I think make the series enjoyable.
  6. Dec 1, 2013
    This show is decent. Not the greatest show ever but entertaining. It gets a little redundant at times and the Grimm's girlfriend, Juliette, looks like a chihuahua but it's worth a look.
  7. Nov 4, 2013
    The show is great, you start feeling for the characters, and hope they don't get hurt. The bad guys are portrayed exactly as that, bad guys. Monroe is one of the greatest characters on TV
  8. Sep 19, 2013
    To start off, I love a good retelling of older stories or themes. I tried to like this show, hoped to like it, wanted to like it. After 4 episodes, did not like this show.
  9. Jun 28, 2013
    Tv show concepts don't get much more ridiculous than this. I gave this show a fair shot, I can't believe it's still on the air. The only thing I can figure is that the same people who bought a Snuggie also watch NBC.
  10. Jun 17, 2013
    The pilot was amazing, the ending was so good too, until I saw the second episode and then the third and realized this is not a continued storyline like once upon a time and I find that very sad. It does have a continuing storyline but also a new one every episode which just confuses you. Did not find it appealing g as much as once upon a time.
  11. May 25, 2013
    It is difficult to watch Grimm without immediately drawing comparisons to Supernatural. Ok it may focus specifically on the stories of Grimm’s Fairytales but within the first fifteen minutes of the pilot Detective Burkhardt learns not only that he comes from a long line of monster hunters but also that his parents may have been killed as a result.

Much like a more orthodox police
    procedural each episode of Grimm finds Burkhardt and his partner attempting to solve a different case and while this certainly makes for a watchable hour of television something more is required if I am going to come back week after week. Supernatural certainly has its fair share of standalone episodes but it was always the dark humour and evolving five season story arc involving the brother’s attempts to avert the apocalypse that kept me hooked and, while it certainly improved as the season progressed, I still found Grimm lacking slightly in both respects. Much of the cast, including lead David Giuntoli, are certainly competent enough but it is difficult to describe any of the characters, other than possibly his werewolf friend, as particularly memorable. In fact that can probably be said about the show as a whole, competent but unmemorable. Expand
  12. May 2, 2013
    This is a great show with a lot of quirky characters and people. It borders on the surreal. Looks like NBC has another winner on the schedule board! David Guintoni is excellent in his role and Silas Weir knocks it out of the park as David's sidekick, The Wolfman!
  13. Dec 12, 2012
    Being part German myself, the use of the German language in the show is hillarious. Americans trying to speak German is just so cringe worthy. Kind of like a poorly dubbed Anime. The effects in this show are just laughable, and generally look terrible. Even with a low budget, a small team of 1st year animation students could have done better. This standard of FX would have been acceptable in the mid 90s, but not today. But aside from those negative points, I really like the idea behind it. The cast do an OK job and are likable, the episodes are entertaining and the lore is interesting (even though it is VERY loosely based on the actual Grimm tales.) Overall: An OK show that seriously needs to find a better FX crew and turn down the use of German (or learn to use it properly.) eg imagine if a German speaker tried speaking English and started calling Vampires "Long-Tooths." Seriously the creature names are REALLY, REALLY bad. Expand
  14. Dec 8, 2012
    This show tried to be something new, and it failed. It's pretty much every "chosen one to fight/protect" show ever, except for the fact that the characters are well fleshed out and engaging, and there is a bit more mystery to the whole thing. The main character Nick, and his best friend Monroe are greatly written, and well acted; bringing comedy, combat, and some attitude to an already proven combo of supernatural meets cop show. Well worth the watch, but not perfect by any means. Expand
  15. Sep 8, 2012
    Probably a best tv show of last two year.
    If you are a fan of X-files or wish Supernaturals would have a less annoying characters, you will most likely love the Grimm.
  16. Aug 12, 2012
    I rated this as a 6 originally after 2-3 episodes. But now after watching the whole season it really is one of my favourite new shows. The actors have settled in with Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir MItchell and the lead David Giuntoli as stand outs. The story lines are entertaining and the series story arc has hooked me. I think it has a good balance of story as well. I am really looking forward to season 2. Expand
  17. Jun 6, 2012
    Some episodes are pretty good and they are the ones that are actually different. The rest of them stick to a formula, with Nick only being able to see creatures real faces and vice versa whenever it is convenient for the writers. The plot of the entire show would be impossible if the werewolf didn't just happen to decide to be good. Grimms have no powers and there is no supernatural lore about silver bullets or anything so they are just ordinary boring guys shooting the creatures. Overall this show is way too much like an ordinary procedural and they really need to give the story arc a much bigger role. People say this does happen at the end of the season but we shouldn't have to watch an entire season of mediocre episodes first. Expand
  18. May 25, 2012
    This is the best new concept show on broadcast TV. Grimm was a very good show with very little downside, good concept, good script, good acting.

I think Nick, Monroe, Hank and Captain Sean Renard were the reason for this success, not that there were any woman up till now. I like Juliette, as Nicks girlfriend. I like Dr. Harper as Monroe's love interest.
  19. May 20, 2012
    I was surprised at the difference between the critics ratings and those of the users. After watching two episodes, I really like the show! The different slant on the fairy tales is refreshing. It seems to me that some of the critics are expecting more of a crime procedural drama. I see it as an original take on the fantasy and fairy tales, with the "what if" aspect of bringing tales more convincing than many other television attempts. Expand
  20. Apr 16, 2012
    Love this series. Love the Grimm Fairy tales and even though how they are being applied here doesn't always make sense, the show holds some promise. The lead character is not very strong but the supporting cast makes up for his lack of charisma, especially the big bad wolf. Have to see more episodes but I am looking forward to it.
  21. Apr 16, 2012
    One of the most boring, predictable shows I have had the mispleasure of watching. Sadly, as my wife loves this sort of tat I do have to sit through it each week and it generally goes like this..
    Step 1: Present day re-enactment of Grimm's Fairy Tale
    Step 2: Detective Burkhardt is on scene and sees someone's face turn into a really bad cgi monster face.
    Step 3: He speak to the monster, they
    act scared of him..even though he has exhibited no monster slaying skills what-so-ever thus far in the series.
    Step 4: He goes and speaks to dog boy, Eddie, who knows everything about everything and then they go to beat down on the bad guys.
    Step 4: They get separated, the detective defeats the bad guy while teaching us all a morale lesson.
    Step 5: End of show and we all look forward to the exact same formula next week ..whoohoo!
    So yes, it offers nothing original or interesting, the writing is laughable and the effects worse than Charmed (another favourite if Mrs Tachikoma) and all in all a waste of NBC's money.
  22. Apr 2, 2012
    Decent show. A bit confused still about who can see whom and when & why some people can see past the cover while others cant. This is a bit selective and seems to be planted at times for the storylines convenience. Maybe the writers should find a way to address this
  23. Mar 29, 2012
    Great show, gives the excitment. Great plot with just the right actors. What other we can want? There is occasionally with some down-lets, but people this is 'the show' to watch.
  24. Mar 22, 2012
    The show gets better with each episode, nice take on the fairy tale characters by incorporating them into modern day world. I only found a couple of episodes to be lame (the reason I didn't give it a perfect 10) - the ones that are darker and "Grimm" are the best. The acting by the main cast is good.
  25. Mar 11, 2012
    Unbelievable that this show is being panned by critics (well, maybe not since critics are so often wrong, wrong, wrong).

This is a GREAT show with a good sense of humor and a good amount of suspense. It mixes supernatural elements with fairy tale violence, but ti doesn't take it to far. It is a show you can watch with your wife and kids.

The casting is excellent, btw. All of the casting
    has been near perfect.

I love this show and wouldn't miss it, along with The Walking Dead (another fantastic show, but not one you'd watch with kids).
  26. Mar 11, 2012
    I feel like this show could use a second season to really develop into something worthwhile. The lead is somewhat bland and forgettable but it has a remarkably strong supporting cast. I dislike the lack of a proper title sequence. The stories are well written but the they need to speed up the season story arc a bit and perhaps tell us more about each monster of the week. Reveal more of the show's secrets and whatnot. Overall though, I like it. It's one of those shows that has me eager to see the next episode. Expand
  27. Mar 4, 2012
    This show is by far the best show of its kind in television. The stories are well written and every story leaves you a clue to the bigger story of the season and it keeps you engaged as well as interested. The actors all do a great job in their characters and the graphics with respect to the different creature faces are great.
  28. Feb 9, 2012
    Well I m a German too, still i absolutely love this show. Its creepy, dark and supernatural mixed with my childhood storybooks. I am happy they DO NOT go exactly after these books though, since it would be boring and you know how its gonna turn out. It also shows how these monsters have/want to try and just live a normal life. AND they decide to be good or bad, not their heritage.
    I think
    the interaction with the werewolf is great, hes my favorite character. He is such a sweet, decent and educated person, its is really hard not to like him.
    They give each character so much depth (besides the main character and his wife/gf for some reason), that you can end up cheering for a monster.
  29. Jan 15, 2012
    The main character may as well be any whatever empathic from any other piece of fiction ever. He's written like that I guess, but the actor doesn't do anything with it either. There are some interesting ideas in this series writing, but everything else is below average. My biggest problem with it is that it is way too slow. Written for a 30 minute time slot and I would give it another try.
  30. Jan 15, 2012
    This is a really great show. I really enjoy it and I hope that they don't cancel it like they have with so many other Joss Whedon shows. The episodes keep me on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the end and I find myself counting down the days till the next episode. This show has a great cast and an excellent plot and I would definitely recommend watching it.
  31. Dec 29, 2011
    This show is no more than an average TV show you can see anytime on a network like CBS it's not too impressive and it's not too boring. What the show need is to slow down and go at a slower pace and have a few more thrills and maybe then it can be a good show.
  32. Dec 21, 2011
    Building a mythology like Buffy, and by episodes 5 and 6 has built some strong characters and is layering in the mysteries. Particularly took a step forward with Danse Macabre. The growing grey areas is also very good. There are evil humans and good monsters as well as well as the other way around. Repeating the resemblances to Buffy, but, again, that is not a bad thing as of yet.
  33. Dec 14, 2011
    Mythology, fairy tales, urban myths, and detective work all rolled into one. It could have been a cluttered mess, but it's fabulous. It isn't strict to the old stories, seeing them more as rumor than rule and it leaves a lot of room for an updated plot. Right now it is kind of Monster of the Week, as one person already pointed out, but so far it's been time well spent explaining a world-within-a-world setting without feeling like it's overloading the viewer's brain with info. I like it. Monroe's a doll. :D Expand
  34. Dec 1, 2011
    I've been enjoying this new TV Show this last month. Conclusion: Although is different from the real story, it's being interesting. Pretty different from what the review previously said.
  35. Nov 30, 2011
    Great show, and interesting recreation of the old stories. The 3 male main characters have great chemistry. The female romance interest is a bit lack luster, but the great casting for all the other characters makes up for it.

I think the show has a good balance of nodding to the old stories while still creating their own world. It's more like the old stories were passed down legends of
    events and creatures as a quasi propaganda movement, and the current problems are how the creatures and world adapted later. Somewhere in between the two is what really happened back in the old days. Expand
  36. Nov 28, 2011
    It's a really good, fun show. Incredible attention to deatails. Smart and witty. There's nothing else like it, so there is no boring formula. Intriging and curious what happens next. Keep it going.
  37. Nov 24, 2011
    I love this show. I always thought that Grimm Fairy Tales were twisted...and this show takes it to another level. The special effects are over the top. I am addicted to Grimm. I want to see a Hansel and Gretel episode.
  38. Nov 21, 2011
    A quite charming series that is a lot more enjoyable than you'd think especially considering this year's rather weak slate of shows in general. Special effects are sometimes incredibly cheesy having that said the pacing, the characters and the original short stories are irresistible it's like a King of Poe short story collection in motion. Recommended.
  39. Nov 19, 2011
    I think people keep thinking this is supposed to be like the Grimm Brothers.. Actually, from what I see, they are don't get that this show is basically about the unexplained and supernatural in our world. If you think about it, it is a lot like what the Grimm Fairytales and basically movie made on this are like.. So in all due respect, I love this series and love each episode as well as how it's going... Give it a chance critics! Stop being so critical all the time! Expand
  40. Nov 19, 2011
    Exceptional show, with skillful writing and acting. It's refreshing to see fantasy done with some subtlety! Humour is present, but not too invasive. I hope viewers will be tuning in for this TV feast.
  41. Nov 19, 2011
    This is a nice take on a standard procedural show. Well done, attention to details (Renard speaks French, and as a French-speaking Canadian, I must say it's refreshing to hear it well spoken on an American show), well acted. It's early in the season, but I think it will do well.
  42. Nov 18, 2011
    I am enjoying this show. I am very into crime and fantasy shows and this is a mix of the two. I hope it will be around for awhile. I was taken in by this show and cant wait for more.
  43. Nov 18, 2011
    It has so much potential to be a great show, the pilot was edgy and dark. The acting is good, the music gives you a sort of atmosphere. All in all its quite original altough I really hope they don´t go to much into the cop/detective side of the story, they should find balance and stick with the fantasy!
  44. Nov 14, 2011
    This is a really interesting show. I think people are comparing it to Once Upon A Time, but they are totally different. I like that each episode has a quote from an old fairy tale and then is loosely based on it. It's not a 'remake' or 'copy' of those old stories though. There is clearly an original story arc, with only small touches of old stories. This shouldn't be disappointing because the whole plot of the show is that the main character is a decedent of the original Grimm brothers. Expand
  45. Nov 9, 2011
    Grimm is an interesting concept. The problem for Grimm is that there are already so many shows that deal with this kind of material that I'm not sure if they have set themselves apart enough to make a mark in the genre. I have high hopes, but not sure if they're going to get there or not.
  46. Nov 8, 2011
    Absolutely awesome series! Much much better than Once Upon A Time from ABC. Please keep them coming! As someone else said before, I count down the days til next show! I DVR it and have an app on my ipad to watch it! The German guy that wrote a review raging about the wrong doing the Tales of Brothers Grimm is absolute nut case! This is not about the actual fairy tales dude, its all mix and match, pure entertainment and should be percieved as one. Expand
  47. Nov 7, 2011
    I like this show so far. It definitely has promise. It was a good first episode and a even better second episode so we'll see. Good story to the show and the acting seems fit. Im looking forward to whats to come.
  48. Nov 7, 2011
    I'm giving this thing 5 episodes to break being a "Monster of the week" show. If secrets aren't told and plot doesn't move on by the fifth ep then I'm dumping it.
  49. Nov 4, 2011
    This show is **** I'm german and from Germany... and this show hasn't anything to do with hte fairytales of hte Brothers Grimm. The use of werewolfs is just pathetic. It doesn't give credit to the legend of the Brothers Grimm. Keep away from the show.
  50. Nov 4, 2011
    It doesn't work very well as a cop show due to poor writing and a lack of real tension. I'm already tired of the "oh there's someone in the dark, but it's only his wife" type shocks, so lazy. The lead is also bland beyond belief. I did like the look of the cinematography and atmospheric Portland setting, though it looked so much like Vancouver I just assumed it was filmed there.
  51. Nov 2, 2011
    The acting is great, the settings are wonderful, and the CG of the creatures transforming is awesome. Where this show falls flat is in two major areas: monster makeup and writing. When we see the CG of seemingly normal humans flashing into glimpses of their true monster nature, it looks creepy and amazing. And we thus expect creepy and amazing from the fully-transformed creatures as well. Instead, we're left hanging with what looks like a man in cheap, rented wolf suit. In the opening scene, he jumps out so quickly it's hard to tell, but as we see these "Blutenbaaden" in a more serene setting later, we realize it's nothing for the crew to be proud of. Then there's the writing. The concept is amazing, but some scenes--like the scene where Nick first talks to the good Blutenbaad--are just cheesy. The point is good, the dialogue is terrible. Overall, the writers and the makeup artists will have to up their game for me to keep watching, but everything else is good enough for me to at least give Grimm a few more chances to save itself. Expand
  52. Nov 1, 2011
    I've only seen one episode so far, but I like it quite a bit. The acting isn't great, but it's definitely intriguing.
  53. Nov 1, 2011
    GRIMM is an entertaining and fun TV series that, unfortunately, is brought down by it's horrible acting, bad make-up effects and derivative story line.
  54. Oct 31, 2011
    First new series of the year that I'm actually counting the days until the next episode. Could be better directed as I felt like it was missing a strong punch (the WOW factor) but it was enjoyable to watch and showed good promise for future.
  55. Oct 30, 2011
    It was very good yet i prefer ABC's Once upon a Time. ABC wins this round yet I will still watch and give it a chance. the Acting was decent, and the special effects and the makeup on the monsters were pretty spectacular.
  56. Oct 30, 2011
    I felt Grimm's pilot was satisfying to watch. Acting was great, I was on the edge of my seat while watching it (And was a little scared). All-in-all I feel this will end up being great if they can keep a balance, and spend more time on learning/Teaching viewers about each monster!
  57. Oct 29, 2011
    This is a very intriguing idea that reminds me of Buffy with a horror focus (rather than the hip, funny thing it did so well). And that's not so surprising given the two shows share producers. I'm definitely going to keep watching, although I'm not 100% sold on the acting and writing. Not that the first episode was bad, but it wasn't fantastic. Nonetheless, there's a lot of interesting storylines hinted at in the first episode. I'm looking forward to next week.

Oh, and the fact that this is getting a 55 on Metacritic, while the truly craptastic Once Upon a Time is getting a 66 is evidence that a lot of TV critics don't know what they're talking about in my opinion.
  58. Oct 29, 2011
    Based on the pilot, this is panning out to be a great show. It has the cop drama feel as well as a supernatural factor. The casting seems well done so far and the premise is great. I don't see why this is compared to Once Upon a Time, I mean they're both 'fairy tale' stories, but their premise couldn't be more different. There is no problem with liking both and I hope they both succeed.
  59. Oct 29, 2011
    Much, much better than the mixed reviews would have suggested. Atmospheric, dark and genuinely creepy at times with just a sprinkling of Whedonesque humor. Head and shoulders above the unwatchably trite and badly written "Once upon a time" we were treated to earlier this week. If you are looking for an entertaining and adult urban fantasy series, look no further. What a pleasant surprise!
  60. Oct 29, 2011
    Pretty good pilot

Strong supporting cast, interesting premises and enough stories to carry the show. I can see this one becoming a hit! I haven't liked many pilots this season but I will definitely tune in for this one.
  61. Oct 28, 2011
    I think there will be another season of Grimm it's not bad at all still not like The X Files I loved The X Files I keep hoping something like the x files will air but not yet although Grimm has it's scary and mystery moments it is entertaining .
  62. Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm is as much a mystery/crime drama as it is fantasy and supernatural and more of an adventure as well. And as long as the series can maintain that balance, viewers should be in for a satisfying and enjoyable ride.

1. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm is most alive in the scenes where Nick teams up with Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell), a monster who is trying hard to walk the straight path. These moments introduce some much-needed levity to a drama where every echoing slam of a file-cabinet drawer amounts to a portentous groan.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 28, 2011
    Grimm has a low-rent Saturday Syfy vibe to it.
  3. Reviewed by: Alan Sepinwall
    Oct 28, 2011
    There's a potentially good supernatural cop show to be made, and certain pieces in place to make this into that. But the version you'll see on NBC tonight seems to be embracing the show's likely failure by being something few will miss if it doesn't work out.