• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 12, 2012
  • Season #: 1
5.5

1. Sep 14, 2012
    In spite of the negative reviews given it by the "professional" critics (which I don't put any stock in to begin with), I enjoy the show. I found it thoroughly refreshing to finally have a sitcom that had absolutely zero inclination to sex, innuendo, crude humor, or any of the other inappropriate topics that have been so prevalent in TV since the 90's. The jokes were simple and wholesomeIn spite of the negative reviews given it by the "professional" critics (which I don't put any stock in to begin with), I enjoy the show. I found it thoroughly refreshing to finally have a sitcom that had absolutely zero inclination to sex, innuendo, crude humor, or any of the other inappropriate topics that have been so prevalent in TV since the 90's. The jokes were simple and wholesome while not losing any of its humor or coming off as being cheesy, making it an excellent show to watch with family and friends in the evening.

I absolutely believe the show and the concept have potential, and I would highly recommend watching it.
  2. Sep 13, 2012
    It's not going to set any records, win any awards, but found it pretty enjoyable all the same. It's good mindless viewing, perfect with your dinner on your lap. Has it's moments, some clever humour, some just over the top. Think it's got legs, with an interesting cast.
  3. Nov 10, 2012
    not bad show its funny i like anthony anderson he and other guy with little daughter that guy remind me of Ryan Reynolds

show funny but its funny see girl who played vanessa from cosby show brought back into comedy world only wish if her father would come in hope bill cosby would come on the show
  4. Sep 28, 2012
    I gave that show 2 episodes to be somewhat fair with my verdict. And it's out: It's no good.
    There are 5-6 main characters in this show and only 2 of them are modestly funny: Anthony Anderson and Tempestt Bledsoe. I was really glad to see her back in a TV Show.
    She and Anderson do what they can, but there's just not much comedy there. I don't know the other actors and I can barely see
    She and Anderson do what they can, but there's just not much comedy there.
    I don't know the other actors and I can barely see any comedic talent in them. Or is it just the writers fault?
    Anyhow, the plots are generic and we've seen it all before: Forgotten wedding anniversary, one of guys doesn't get recognized by a woman he used to date, two kids are always on full throttle at home and tear the place apart, blah blah blah, yawn.
    I'm sure there are many good and funny stories that can be told about fathers who stay home with their kids and the mixed feelings they the former have towards the latter. But the writers apparently can't come up with one of those stories. I say, just skip this one, it will be cancelled anyway and I'm sorry for Tempestt Bledsoe. She deserves a better show.
  5. Mar 2, 2013
    Great show! Finally something decent on TV that isn't reality based or violent cop shows. Hoping for season 2! It's like Friends meets the comic strip Baby Blues.
  6. Mar 16, 2013
    My wife and I found this show and have loved watching it. I also found it refreshing to have a sitcom that had no inclination to sex, innuendo, crude humor, violence, etc. It's not a show that is meant to be taken too seriously obviously but it was incredibly fun to watch and was great wholesome entertainment. We laughed and laughed. I hope that there are more seasons!
  7. Apr 28, 2013
    The first few episodes were a little slow, but just good enough for us to keep watching. However, about halfway though the season it was our favorite show on tv. Funny, interesting, and family friendly.
  8. Jul 17, 2013
    It is one of the best shows after Friends/ Sienfeld and Modern Family. I dont understand why the sitcom has not many great reviews. The episodes are so much fun. My personal fave is halloween. I wish they restart the show.

1. Reviewed by: Hank Stuever
    Sep 12, 2012
    It's precisely what the title says: just new iterations of the same spit-up and teething jokes.
  2. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Sep 12, 2012
    The show feels like it should be better.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Sep 12, 2012
    Modern guys may have all manner of hilarious, disturbing and conflicting feelings about their children and the role of caregiver, but none of them make it into the pilot. Only Gary, exhausted and overwhelmed, seems to be experiencing life with an actual child, which is why he gets all the best lines.