Halfway Home : Season 1

6.8

1. dyand
    Mar 15, 2007
    Unexpected. And smart. Yes, smart. I was expecting something crude, but it has this funky sensitibility that I loved. Okay, and it's got some hilarious crude stuff, too.
  2. KrisM
    Mar 30, 2007
    This show is hilarious! It's smart, funny and fresh! The characters are great, especially Kenny! Just wish I started watching it sooner. I'm now hooked! Comedy Central.... stop... with the reruns of Scrubs and start airing more promos for your new shows, to help your loyal views find what else you have to offer. Way to go with HWH!
  3. EricN
    Apr 1, 2007
    Very funny! Does not deserve the low critical rating it is getting. Worth it just to see Oscar Nunez. He's great on The Office, but under-used. He was terrific as the Homeland Security office on Reno 911.
  4. MikeF
    Mar 15, 2007
    Loved this thing. Different in the best way.
  5. aprilm
    Mar 15, 2007
    Great show. Anyone who can relate to the streets and inner city living can relate to this show
  6. DBo
    Apr 2, 2007
    D Bo says this show is great, my sister baby daddy is friends with the show managa. I think it very humorous. Moore people should watch this show, cuz i say so
  7. FawnH.
    May 16, 2007
    Pure comedy! You must have the right sense of humor to appreciate a show like this. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I laugh the entire episode. Sad the season finale is tonight...
  8. jackj
    Mar 24, 2007
    Halfway Home is a character-based show -- and it's great. The characters are vividly drawn and real, probably because their improvising a lot (they say). Halfway Home is excellent. I stumbled onto it and I'm staying. You haters -- why?
  9. LisaM.
    May 16, 2007
    This is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen on television. Unfortunately, since it's humor is the smart/witty kind (ala Arrested Development and Sons and Daughters) which doesn't use a laugh track to explain to the audience when it's supposed to be funny (ala Everybody Loves Raymond and Till Death) it most likely will not find an audience in America. Such a shame - This is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen on television. Unfortunately, since it's humor is the smart/witty kind (ala Arrested Development and Sons and Daughters) which doesn't use a laugh track to explain to the audience when it's supposed to be funny (ala Everybody Loves Raymond and Till Death) it most likely will not find an audience in America. Such a shame - it's easily one of the funniest shows on television. Expand

The show... is juvenile, vulgar, and crude, and yet, I still think it contains more sparks of originality than TV's top-rated comedy, "Two and a Half Men."
    A mildly amusing way to spend a half an hour.
  3. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Josh Wolk
    Like many post-Curb Your Enthusiasm unscripted series, Home has sloppy, lip-service plots with scattered inspired moments, but nothing that makes a satisfying whole. [16 Mar 2007, p.64]