Hannibal : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 4, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.6

1. Aug 28, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nice Tv.All the actors played very well their roles.It's divine,I advise you to browse!Sorry that this series ended so quickly,especially thanks to the main characters they are amazing ! Expand
  2. Apr 12, 2017
    One of the best shows I have ever seen. I understand that it isn't everybody's cup of tea, it is at times difficult to watch and follow, but the plot, combined with the art and the character development, make it more than worth watching. Very sad to find out there wasn't going to be a fourth season, and therefore no implementation of the Silence of The Lambs part of the Hannibal Lecter story.
  3. Nov 27, 2016
    Season 1 was about finding their niche in the already way too crowded market of crime shows.
    They realized in Season 2 that they didn't need to find their niche. They had the niche: Hannibal.
    Once settled, they had the freedom to make every episode in Season 3 like a work of art, visually and lyrically. I started out thinking I'll have to drag myself to finish the full 3 seasons. I

I started out thinking I'll have to drag myself to finish the full 3 seasons. I ended up still hoping and waiting for a Season 4.
  4. Sep 29, 2016
    I love this series from day one. This television series is one of the best of the 21 century. The Hannibal
    character is no doubt one of the best performances in a very long time. NBC lost out big when it canceled
    the show. I hope to see it come back soon.
  5. Apr 17, 2016
    An amazing series, so beautifully written, shot and acted. It's the goriest art film ever made, and something of a miracle that this was on network TV. "Hannibal" doesn't take place in the real world, it's in its own special realm of beauty and madness, so bear that in mind as you're watching. Do certain things not add up? It doesn't matter. This is a fever dream.
  6. Feb 28, 2016
    Awful! Maybe it was over my head, but I love crime/suspense/drama and believable horror. Will could see what happened in prior crime scenes except the ones abigail and hannibal were involved in? Will and his dizzy, headache, anguished, sweaty routine got old after awhile. I didn't get all of the imagery. It was soooo slow at times. I watched the whole first season and read the synopsis ofAwful! Maybe it was over my head, but I love crime/suspense/drama and believable horror. Will could see what happened in prior crime scenes except the ones abigail and hannibal were involved in? Will and his dizzy, headache, anguished, sweaty routine got old after awhile. I didn't get all of the imagery. It was soooo slow at times. I watched the whole first season and read the synopsis of the rest of the seasons up to the series finale. For a cracker jack FBI team unable to put the links or suspect Hannibal early on, was just too much to bear. Its one faux pax after the next. Next. Expand
  7. Jan 11, 2016
    One of the mot beautifully filmed blood baths on television. Every episode is gory, intense and packed with amazing writing. The cinematography makes Hannibal one of the most stunning shows on television.
  8. Dec 26, 2015
    A strong showing, all round, by everyone. The acting and script writing is very good with a few plot holes here and there. Hannibal is one of the most menacing characters I have seen in a TV show, and his actions and interactions made me want to see what will happen next. Like in the original movie, there are times when you actually root for Hannibal because in many ways he is a lesserA strong showing, all round, by everyone. The acting and script writing is very good with a few plot holes here and there. Hannibal is one of the most menacing characters I have seen in a TV show, and his actions and interactions made me want to see what will happen next. Like in the original movie, there are times when you actually root for Hannibal because in many ways he is a lesser evil than the people he eats, but at other times you can only grimace at his actions. The two bad things about this show are that the cops tend to be really dumb, and it gets tiring to see Hannibal get extremely lucky all the time. In many ways, this show reminds me of Dexter, but Dexter added a lot of dark humor while this show tends to stay straight forward. Still, one of my favorite shows on TV and I was very sad when they announced its cancellation. Hopefully someone will pick it up and continue. Expand
  9. Dec 24, 2015
    Great tv show:
    The main cast is perfect,
    Every character add something to the plot, The direction is completely different to every show out there, The murder scenes are explicit and give the show an "extra" that most shows are too afraid to even think. The problem with this show is that sometimes it's too complex for his own good and there are a couple of story details that don't
    Great tv show:
    The main cast is perfect,
    Every character add something to the plot,
    The direction is completely different to every show out there,

The problem with this show is that sometimes it's too complex for his own good and there are a couple of story details that don't add up and end up hurting the show because how intelligently everything else is presented.

One of my favourites show without a doubt.
  10. Oct 10, 2015
    This is a visually stunning and interesting new interpretation of the story. It's creepy in a good way. Hugh Dancy's and Mads Mikkelsen's acting are great.
  11. Oct 6, 2015
    finally saw this show, and man oh man was i pleased. after the initial "silence of the lambs," a groundbreaking thriller and genre masterpiece, anthony hopkins found himself reduced to a catch phrase spewing parody of himself in later iterations (Hannibal (film,) Red Dragon.)
    In Hannibal (tv), Mads Mikkelsen takes a different approach to Thomas Harris' infamous character. The bombastic and theatrical Hopkins is no longer, and now we have an eerily brilliant mask of quiet charm. Hannibal will often speak innocuously while simultaneously revealing himself, as if to wink at his would be captures. He's so charmed them in this season that it begins to extend to the audience, and you'll find yourself struggling to remember that, despite his abundant gentility (or perhaps in congruence with it) he is a monster.
    What's so brilliant is how evocative his Hannibal is of the source material, in spite of his vast disparity from the original Lecter (Hopkins,) who, in Silence of the Lambs, was brilliant in his own right. Perhaps this is because in Hannibal (tv) Lecter hasn't yet been revealed. He's permitted to wear the mask of the normal man, whereas in "Lambs" Lecter has been caught, exposed, and masks are no longer necessary.
    I don't necessarily buy that theory, but I also don't care. Mikkelsen makes Lecter his own, and in it thrives a disgusting, brilliant piece of new age horror that you really don't want to miss.
  12. Aug 6, 2015
    Gripping, gory, great. A TV feast. Psychologically intriguing, aesthetically stunning and mentally rocking. Hannibal is one of the best dramas on TV. Bryan Fuller delivers a fresh presentation of Hannibal Lecter in a world where horror is just a day to day occurrence. This show is so graphic that at times it's hard to believe it is on network television. People meet horrific ends whilstGripping, gory, great. A TV feast. Psychologically intriguing, aesthetically stunning and mentally rocking. Hannibal is one of the best dramas on TV. Bryan Fuller delivers a fresh presentation of Hannibal Lecter in a world where horror is just a day to day occurrence. This show is so graphic that at times it's hard to believe it is on network television. People meet horrific ends whilst the show's true main character Will Graham lives a similarly horrific life, tortured by his own mind and empathy. Characterisation is strong here, be it Hannibal the master manipulator or Graham the tortured profiler. Laurence Fishburne's Jack Crawford even gets to take centre stage as his marriage troubles are very emotionally explored. Hannibal's strongest suit though and it certainly has many, is it's intensity. Entertainment comes easily to thrillers especially one this layered, unique and exciting. It truly hurts me that some people will overlook Hannibal due to reasons such as the network it is on, it's timeslot or it's possible disturbing content. This is drama of the highest order. Incredible depth, cinematography, entertainment and most of all, food. Expand
  13. Jul 26, 2015
    Not a review. Where is the delete option?! Not a review. Where is the delete option?! Not a review. Where is the delete option?! Not a review. Where is the delete option?! Not a review. Where is the delete option?! Not a review. Where is the delete option?! Not a review. Where is the delete option?! Not a review. Where is the delete option?!
  14. Jul 14, 2015
    One of the best series I've ever watched. The cast, the acting, the suspense. Everything is so perfect and scary, with the crime scenes and the murders. Lecter's coldness while Will looses his mind delights me. Well, there isn't any bad to say about it.
  15. Jul 8, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First season, starts very good, at the middle start to fall... To many questions and details that makes you wonder wtf? How is this possible? (the hand that none saw who placed it in the morgue, or the totem of bodies that someone put them so high, dug the holes and not covered, and not any way explained how the bodies build up so high... Second season, first episode starts awesome... second episode and already start the **** Many reasonless fill in, many scenes with no point (graham stands fishing for 2 minutes, glass of hannibal with camera slowly turning 360 degrees). Avoid it at all costs. Expand
  16. Jun 24, 2015
    Both the story, the way it is spun and the visuals (which simply have to be mentioned!) are fresh of the branch. I never thought anyone can outgrow Sir Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal, but Mads Mikkelsen did the impossible. The Devil is in the details!
  17. Jun 22, 2015
    The best show on television. The acting, especially from the two main characters, and their relationship is superb. Never did I ever think someone could play Dr. Lecter better than Anthony Hopkins, but Mads Mikkelson does. Hugh Dancy is also equally as great as the gifted profiler Will Graham. Simply put, you have to watch this show. Collapse
  18. Jun 21, 2015
    Stellar show with amazing beautiful cinematography, and Mads is incredible in his role. Hugh Dancy is solid. What I can't understand is how the hell the government allows this show on free TV? It's possibly the most violent material I've ever seen in any medium - except maybe Dead Alive or Human Centipede.
  19. Jun 7, 2015
    Hannibal is an extremely interesting character. Mads' portrayal of Thomas Harris' creation is intoxicating and draws the viewer into his story with equal parts from that which is said and seen on screen with that which is not. I appreciate the dialogue and think it well written. I am also glad to see the acting awards received by the cast...well deserved.
  20. Jun 4, 2015
    When I first heard about a hannibal tv show I thought it wasn't a good idea - but I was very wrong. Hannibal is such a beautiful show even though the subject of the tv shows seems rather dark, and the acting is also fantastic from the shows lead cast. My only problem with the first season was some of the cases the episode has only because there are so many shows that already do that kind of thing.
  21. May 10, 2015
    The cast is stellar, cinematography is superb. But still, the show often falls flat as a procedural one. The week's killer usually are too unrealistic or not interesting enough. I keep thinking that the show would have been much better if it didn't feel the need to show us the case of the week. Instead, I'd rather see them focusing on the character's development. Or have a big serialThe cast is stellar, cinematography is superb. But still, the show often falls flat as a procedural one. The week's killer usually are too unrealistic or not interesting enough. I keep thinking that the show would have been much better if it didn't feel the need to show us the case of the week. Instead, I'd rather see them focusing on the character's development. Or have a big serial killer per season. Expand
  22. May 4, 2015
    The best tv show of 2013-2014, totally worth watching. Don't listen to the bad reviews/critics, they prob. only watched the pilot. Give it time and chance, its a masterpiece. 10/10
  23. Apr 29, 2015
    Grotesquely gorgeous and an absolute joyride. Each episode features well-crafted dialogue and stunning cinematography, along with the jaw-dropping performances from Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy, Laurence Fishburne, and Caroline Dhavernas, amid a stellar supporting cast with equally amazing guest stars (including the luminous Gillian Anderson stealing the show).
    Mads and Hugh ground the show
    Mads and Hugh ground the show with their chemistry. Whether they are working against each other or (seemingly) with each other, the tension between Mads' Hannibal Lecter and Hugh's Will Graham draws everyone's attention with a single exchanged glance.
    Mads, in particular, delivers a performance that cuts with the subtlety of a scalpel and the elegance of a dancer. From his role as a loathed manipulator in Season 1, his Hannibal earns the audience's sympathy until everything comes to a crescendo in Season 2's finale. Mizumono is one of the finest hours of TV ever crafted; just like the characters, anyone who experiences Mizumono does not walk away unscathed and unchanged.
  24. Apr 28, 2015
    Easily one of the best shows I've seen and my current favorite. Disturbingly beautiful, cinematic quality, and a must-see for anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers. Hugh Dancy is utterly perfect in his role as the unstable profiler Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen's performance as the iconic Hannibal Lecter not only rivals Anthony Hopkins', but also surpasses it in many ways (and IEasily one of the best shows I've seen and my current favorite. Disturbingly beautiful, cinematic quality, and a must-see for anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers. Hugh Dancy is utterly perfect in his role as the unstable profiler Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen's performance as the iconic Hannibal Lecter not only rivals Anthony Hopkins', but also surpasses it in many ways (and I never, ever thought I would say that). Expand
  25. Mar 7, 2015
    Hannibal is a very good show it has great potential. It has great characters like mad Milkkelsen , Laurence Fishburne and Dana Scully. The best cast i have seen in any tv show. I have great hope that this tv show will rise and be as great as breaking bad,game of thrones etc
  26. Feb 7, 2015
    Intelligent people talking about death and murder with intelligent words. Sometimes boring, sometimes very deep and interesting. Only show that really tries to go deep while not losing its audience. I found it enjoyable just as I did the books it was based off of.
  27. Jan 25, 2015
    Попытка показать что-то новое, открыть, раскрыть Ганнибала с другой стороны не увенчалась успехом.
    Сам сериал, сюжет его грешит излишним психологизмом и при этом довольно поверхностен, что не вызывает интереса к нему самому (сюжету) и его главным действующим лицам. Логика его примитивна. Очень много американских сериалов страдают от этого. Их любовь и повальное увлечение психоанализом и бихевиоризмом не добавляют интереса, не делают сюжет напряженнее, глубже, а часто вызывают лишь разочарование и даже раздражение.
    И на это есть причины.
    Подобные фильмы, сериалы часто занимаются навешиванием ярлыков на людей, а последние в подавляющем большинстве своём представлены безумцами, порочными, обязательно страдающими тем или иным психическим недугом или отклонением. Каждый в той или иной мере осознаёт своё безумие и, или гордится им, или страдает, скрывает, но непременно желает поделиться им с психоаналитиком, чтобы лучше понять или избавиться.
    Это довольно навязчивая идея, точка зрения не обходит своим вниманием, присутствием практически каждый фильм или сериал. Данному сериалу, по мнению его создателей, вообще грешно было отходить от этого. Вот он и превратился в кино, где каждый пытается анализировать каждого, плакаться ему и при этом творить свои злодеяния. Длинные разговоры о жизни и смерти с использованием психологических терминов, споры о смысле жизни, о представлениях о ней и т.д., при этом не отличающиеся глубиной, новизной, порядком утомляли.
    Чтобы вызывать дополнительный интерес, сюжет о Ганнибале разбавляли вставкой других маньяков в повествование. И здесь не обошлось без определённых шаблонов вышеописанных. Закрой глаза, плюнь и ты обязательно попадёшь в маньяка. К этому опять толкает сюжет.
    Только все остальные маньяки какие-то мелкие, примитивные. Их легко находит и использует по своему коварному замыслу Ганнибал. Он сильнее, выше их, превосходит во всём. В этой части Ганнибал представлен практически как "санитар леса", как Декстер. Но не совсем. Но явно, чтобы вызвать определённые положительные чувства и эмоции к нему. Ведь он не только убивает хороших людей, но и избавляет от плохих. Он лучше их, он переигрывает их и потому должен заслуживать уважение. Но все это как-то слабо преподнесено, слишком уж открыто и грубо. В итоге в этом направлении тоже провал у сериала вышел. И если Декстер начал утомлять к 6 сезону. То Ганнибал уже к середине 2 сильно утомил, что досматривать приходилось через силу, чтобы посмотреть концовку.

Слабой стороной сериала являются и основные персонажи. Ганнибал данного сериала значительно уступает Ганнибалу Хопкинса по всем параметрам. Он идёт даже в разрез с образом, к которому многие привыкли. Он вызывает раздражение. Хопкинский же вызывал даже восхищение, сочувствие и переживания за него. И каким бы монстром он не был, он нравился зрителю, его любили. Этот Ганнибал больше похож на восковую куклу с неприятно двигающимися губами. Его надменность слишком бросается в глаза. Его деяния, ходы слишком предсказуемы и в большинстве просто омерзительны. И данное обстоятельство никак не способствует даже появлению зачатков каких бы то ни было положительных чувств, эмоций к нему.
    Что еще раздражает в нём в данном сериале, так это умение уворачиваться от пуль (пусть это не показывается в сериале, но явно предполагается, иначе ни как не объяснить некоторые моменты) и чрезмерные выносливость и живучесть. Он умудряется стоять на ногах, быть полным сил и здраво мыслить после серьёзных ударов, потери крови, удушения и т.п. Он просто терминатор какой-то.
    Уилл с одной стороны слишком самоуверенный, самонадеянный, но в тоже время такой наивный. И попытки превратить его в коварного во 2 сезоне выглядят очень не к месту и вызывают еще большее разочарование в нём.
    Джек в исполнении Фишборна с одной стороны сильный, уверенный. Он нравится немного. За пределами работы он именно такой. Но в бюро, на местах преступления он становится в момент глупым. Он не может обойтись без помощи либо Уилла, либо Ганнибала, либо иного специалиста подобного профиля. И это глава поведенческого отдела ФБР. Он как ребёнок с новой игрушкой не для его возраста, вертит её, крутит, а разобраться, понять ничего не может без помощи взрослого. Но при этом его называют "гуру". И это разочаровывает. Это отталкивает от него.
    Рассказывать о других даже нет желания. Ни один из основных героев сериала не вызывает симпатии, сочувствия. Все персонажи, включая описанных очень поверхностны. Те же, кто эту симпатию хоть немного вызывают непременно погибают.

Сериал средним назвать можно с большой натяжкой. Единственным положительным моментом можно назвать отсутствие эротических сцен, которых стало ну очень много в последних фильмах и сериалах. Видимо создатели посчитали, что жестокости будет достаточно. Это им в зачёт.
  28. Jan 5, 2015
    Very good tv series, Mads Mikleson really does an amazing interpretation on our beloved psychopath hannibal, he is very charming and puts a new spin on Hannibal which is hard to describe. Another key character is Will graham, a man with a troubled mind, who throughout most of the first season is unsure whether hannibal is friend or foe. The only reason this show didn't receive a 10, wasVery good tv series, Mads Mikleson really does an amazing interpretation on our beloved psychopath hannibal, he is very charming and puts a new spin on Hannibal which is hard to describe. Another key character is Will graham, a man with a troubled mind, who throughout most of the first season is unsure whether hannibal is friend or foe. The only reason this show didn't receive a 10, was down to the fact that season 1 gets a little bit repetitive, however this is rectified in season 2. Expand
  29. Dec 5, 2014
    This might seem like a typical police procedural tv series with a killer-of-the -week filler episodes at first glance, but this show from its pilot grows onto be much more, the portrayal of psychologically disturbed Will Graham and serial killer Hannibal is excellent and their relationship before Hannibal is discovered to be a serial killer is very interesting. Over the course of theThis might seem like a typical police procedural tv series with a killer-of-the -week filler episodes at first glance, but this show from its pilot grows onto be much more, the portrayal of psychologically disturbed Will Graham and serial killer Hannibal is excellent and their relationship before Hannibal is discovered to be a serial killer is very interesting. Over the course of the series you learn to empathise with both these characters, which is especially surprising when it comes to Hannibal because the show does not hesitate to show us how sadistic he can be. The killers of the week in this show don't compromise of cliches we see in police procedurals, everyone of them is unique, and the show makes sure that the psychology behind the murders they commit is properly and elaborately explained and is the main reason why their extremely sick and twisted nature is believable. This show also has steady momentum, there is no episode that deviates from the main plot significantly enough to call it a filler even with the individual cases presented every week, this also helps maintain suspense throughout the show with every episode significantly contributing to the development of the main characters and main plot. All in all Hannibal is probably the best show there is on television right now and is definitely worth watching. Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2014
    I thought this series was a thrilling mind experience....it is dark and creepy...the irony of the mentally ill detective dealing with the seriel killer...and how they dance back and forth with each other....the entire relationship between them is twisted........it bothers me that the characters continue to engage him with their guard down...they know he is a master manipulator....and myI thought this series was a thrilling mind experience....it is dark and creepy...the irony of the mentally ill detective dealing with the seriel killer...and how they dance back and forth with each other....the entire relationship between them is twisted........it bothers me that the characters continue to engage him with their guard down...they know he is a master manipulator....and my how they are influenced.....my other issue is that it is extremely bloody...Im shocked that the graphics are allowed on prime time. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Chuck Bowen
    Jun 18, 2013
    Hannibal is richer and more ambiguous than prior Harris adaptations; it's an exploration of social decay that's rife with literal and figurative cancers eating everyone alive from the ground up.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Apr 5, 2013
    By the end of the first hour, it has managed to make Dancy, Fishburne and Mikkelsen a formidable trio of characters, and each actor responds in kind with strong, engaging performances. Another sign of a good series is the fact that beyond the main three, the supporting cast is filled with solid actors and--more important--strong, vivid characters.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Apr 4, 2013
    It's anchored by several great performances, and it's among the more distinctive and gorgeously filmed shows on the air right now.... What did turn me off a bit in the first couple episodes of Hannibal was the victims were all young women.