• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 4, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
8.8

1. May 11, 2013
    Mads Mikkelsen serving human organs to classical music. Great!

watch the show; sadly it may not be renewed.. such an intelligent series...
  2. May 12, 2013
    This show is easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. Being a huge gore-fan, this is definitely the show for me, and I don't think I could ever stop watching it! The cast was absolutely perfect. It's one of the most stimulating shows I've ever watched, and this is coming from a die-hard Whovian, and I love Doctor Who, and I thought nothing could top it. I was wrong, Hannibal isThis show is easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. Being a huge gore-fan, this is definitely the show for me, and I don't think I could ever stop watching it! The cast was absolutely perfect. It's one of the most stimulating shows I've ever watched, and this is coming from a die-hard Whovian, and I love Doctor Who, and I thought nothing could top it. I was wrong, Hannibal is literally the best thing I have ever seen. I couldn't have asked for a better show~

I mean, some gore might not be good for others, but people need to learn how to use a remote. It's not that hard.

I checked out the wikia and sadly saw the amount of viewers drop by half and got a tiny bit worried. But! I'm sure those of us who watch it now won't stop watching it~ I've gotten a lot of people into it, and they love it too!

If you haven't seen this show yet, go watch it, it's the best show ever.
  3. May 13, 2013
    This is an amazing show that pulls together every possible element needed for a successful crime thriller. I worry for the show's future based on the viewer numbers, but if it succeeds in not being cancelled it will become a stellar NBC product. In fact, NBC can only blame themselves for not achieving the viewer numbers they expected. They need to position their prime time schedule onThis is an amazing show that pulls together every possible element needed for a successful crime thriller. I worry for the show's future based on the viewer numbers, but if it succeeds in not being cancelled it will become a stellar NBC product. In fact, NBC can only blame themselves for not achieving the viewer numbers they expected. They need to position their prime time schedule on stronger ground, which would preferably give the ax to the saturation of reality shows it airs. Anyway, I love this show, and I hope it's around for many, many years! Expand
  4. May 14, 2013
    Two episodes in and things are promising. Not sure how Hannibal and Graham's relationship will develop but, so far, at least, I am enthralled. Mikkelsen is very good as Hannibal
  5. May 22, 2013
    Brilliant. The atmosphere created here is hypnotic. Sensationally filmed and acted.. visually its very appealing. gimme me more. On late but worth the wait!
  6. May 17, 2013
    Absolutely fantastic, my favourite new show this year! While undoubtably not "fun for the whole family" I would highly recommend this for fans of Dexter and similar shows. Mads Mikkelsen is a gripping Hannibal Lecter with solid performances from Dancy and Fishburne as well as the supporting cast. Aside from brilliant acting, the show really shines through its presentation contrastingAbsolutely fantastic, my favourite new show this year! While undoubtably not "fun for the whole family" I would highly recommend this for fans of Dexter and similar shows. Mads Mikkelsen is a gripping Hannibal Lecter with solid performances from Dancy and Fishburne as well as the supporting cast. Aside from brilliant acting, the show really shines through its presentation contrasting Hannibal's immaculate feasts and some legitimately shocking murders. While drawing criticism the fact that the show doesn't hold back is the show's greatest strength separating it from a miasma of mediocre cop dramas that flood modern television. I must admit the show lacked direction in its early episodes but now each episode is compelling and drives the story forward, leaving me "hungering" for more Hannibal. Expand
  7. May 17, 2013
    I was reading some of those "critic reviews" and wondered what they were watching. Hannibal is a very entertaining series: quite a refresher to the usual monotonous droll that usually airs. Compared to most other crime shows, the graphic imagery presented is mediocre. I actually prefer to see more of Hannibal's techniques, since the show is covering a period in his life when he isI was reading some of those "critic reviews" and wondered what they were watching. Hannibal is a very entertaining series: quite a refresher to the usual monotonous droll that usually airs. Compared to most other crime shows, the graphic imagery presented is mediocre. I actually prefer to see more of Hannibal's techniques, since the show is covering a period in his life when he is virtually unrestrained, and suspicions are elsewhere. Mads Mikkelsen is electrifying, revealing a certain verve that resounds cheerfully in us witnesses. This series is a must watch. Expand
  8. Jul 25, 2013
    The movie plot is interesting but sometimes lack of the thrill we would expected. The movie's idea is complex and rarely found in any other TV series before, and it's too soon to judge this movie, since there's so much more that can be offered.
    Extra credit to Mads Mikkaelsen "He perfectly brings a difference approach of Hannibal Lecter with almost the same level of charisma and characterization as Sr. Anthony Hopkins, which surprisingly nice and magnetic"
  9. Jun 17, 2014
    Well at first i wanna say that i watched all films with Anthony Hopkins. These films are pretty good, but not so catchy and haunting as series are. By the way, interest to this specific movie genre came into my sight after watching Dexter series. And i've tried to watch a lot of films and series about psychopaths. But in most cases it wasn't interesting. What people seek in such kind ofWell at first i wanna say that i watched all films with Anthony Hopkins. These films are pretty good, but not so catchy and haunting as series are. By the way, interest to this specific movie genre came into my sight after watching Dexter series. And i've tried to watch a lot of films and series about psychopaths. But in most cases it wasn't interesting. What people seek in such kind of pictures? A gloat over another's insanity, or an approvement of their own normality? Or maybe they looking for skills - how to diagnose psychopaths? Well i don't think so. In most cases people just wanna see some bloody action or intriguing breathtaking storyline. I, among other things, was interested in the story that reveals social aspects of the origin of madness and also touches philosophical questions about the boundaries of normality. Anyways you'll find all these things in the Hannibal series.
    P.S. already waiting for season 3.
  10. Nov 14, 2013
    The show is in general is a intense though for some slow moving uncensored look at the mind of a narcissistic brilliant sociopath. There is also an atmosphere of viscous madness which the show I think really does well at expressing subtly from episode to episode that is very unique and unseen in most television.

The actors range in their ability but the main cast is really delivering

The actors range in their ability but the main cast is really delivering and very intense in their performances. The performances are also unique in their interpretations of the characters so the show really has its own take on Hannibal though many core elements remain the same.

The show is also difficult to predict given its design. It is not based on Hannibal alone, but a handful of characters orbiting each other including Hannibal working in the realm of serial killer crime and psychology. I like this aspect of the show since I have no idea where it is going given it is not driven completely by Hannibals choices alone.
  11. Oct 9, 2014
    One of the better TV series of the current age, "Hannibal" offers a fresh and effective take on the classical Harris story. NBC has done an amazing job at bringing this universe to life, making it feel real in our day and age. Shot very well, with some creative freedom allowed, this movie upgrades the already introduced formula in the books, and executes everything almost perfectly. LeadOne of the better TV series of the current age, "Hannibal" offers a fresh and effective take on the classical Harris story. NBC has done an amazing job at bringing this universe to life, making it feel real in our day and age. Shot very well, with some creative freedom allowed, this movie upgrades the already introduced formula in the books, and executes everything almost perfectly. Lead actors do a superb job, acting-out a well-written script with a well kept level of quality. Overall, "Hannibal" leaves us craving for more, for all the good reasons. This is one of the best TV series I've ever seen, and I strongly recommend it to anyone with a strong heart. Expand
  12. Mar 10, 2014
    I give this series such a high rating because I enjoy watching Hannibal Lector as a character his elegance and morale stand in what he does makes him just a brilliant character to watch I could not imagine trying to act as Dr Lector hat goes off too Mads (can't not remember his second name) and any actor who had attempted to tap the mind of the Hannibal Lector, Anthony Hopkins is still theI give this series such a high rating because I enjoy watching Hannibal Lector as a character his elegance and morale stand in what he does makes him just a brilliant character to watch I could not imagine trying to act as Dr Lector hat goes off too Mads (can't not remember his second name) and any actor who had attempted to tap the mind of the Hannibal Lector, Anthony Hopkins is still the standard an actor has to reach to become Hannibal, Mads does it so well. Expand
  13. Dec 5, 2014
    This might seem like a typical police procedural tv series with a killer-of-the -week filler episodes at first glance, but this show from its pilot grows onto be much more, the portrayal of psychologically disturbed Will Graham and serial killer Hannibal is excellent and their relationship before Hannibal is discovered to be a serial killer is very interesting. Over the course of theThis might seem like a typical police procedural tv series with a killer-of-the -week filler episodes at first glance, but this show from its pilot grows onto be much more, the portrayal of psychologically disturbed Will Graham and serial killer Hannibal is excellent and their relationship before Hannibal is discovered to be a serial killer is very interesting. Over the course of the series you learn to empathise with both these characters, which is especially surprising when it comes to Hannibal because the show does not hesitate to show us how sadistic he can be. The killers of the week in this show don't compromise of cliches we see in police procedurals, everyone of them is unique, and the show makes sure that the psychology behind the murders they commit is properly and elaborately explained and is the main reason why their extremely sick and twisted nature is believable. This show also has steady momentum, there is no episode that deviates from the main plot significantly enough to call it a filler even with the individual cases presented every week, this also helps maintain suspense throughout the show with every episode significantly contributing to the development of the main characters and main plot. All in all Hannibal is probably the best show there is on television right now and is definitely worth watching. Expand
  14. Jul 10, 2014
    A large part of the population knows about the movie Hannibal, a brilliant psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer. He was first time introduced to us in 2001 with Anthony Hopkins as the main actor. Hannibal Lecter is actually a fictional character in a series of suspense novels by Thomas Harris. Hopkins won the award as the best movie villain (Hannibal Lecter) by the American FilmA large part of the population knows about the movie Hannibal, a brilliant psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer. He was first time introduced to us in 2001 with Anthony Hopkins as the main actor. Hannibal Lecter is actually a fictional character in a series of suspense novels by Thomas Harris. Hopkins won the award as the best movie villain (Hannibal Lecter) by the American Film Institute in June 2010th. Therefore, it was hard to go to watch a series, with such good reviews on movie, when I first heard about the series, I just shook my head … nahh not worth, another trash .. it was a BIG mistake. After I ran out of other series, i began to watch it and I couldn't stop until the end of the season.

Firstly, I'm not a fan of horror and puzzles, mostly because I know the outcome and the actions are predictable. But just because of that i remained intrigued, the cast is excellent. Hannibal character is played by Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen and presents great acting, his face was emotionless he was predator, a joker, a puppeteer, morbid killer who is always one step ahead of everyone. Actually played a quiet but much more lethal than the figure presented by Hopkins. The only person who can keep track of him is Will Graham (Hugh Dancy), he is highly intelligent but often Conflicted man, tormented by his own imagination and has yet to live it each day for the greater good. FBI Inspector Jack Crawford (Laurence Fishburne) calls Graham to be criminal profiler for his ability to empathize with serial killers and there begins a game of cat and mouse.
    The second season continues after Graham went to jail and awaiting trial for murders. For those who have not watched the first season I'll just briefly say that the with various intrigues Will was declared for Hannibal and he is awaiting trial. In total mess of his mind, hi is trying to get to the truth of how he ended up in this place. As series goes on a part of his memories are returning, and he realizes that the sessions, which he had with Hannibal, where used to abuse his mind. The first time we come to the controversial part when Will tries to convince a brutal serial killer to kill Hannibal, killer fails and end up killed, and second time when he presents himself as killer to Hannibal.

The second season, from my impression, is no worse than the first one, moreover, it complements and adds even more twists, strange cases, with more transparency in the relationship between Will and Lectora. Will Graham catch Lectora or will he falter over this monster, remains to be seen in the remaining three episodes that follow.
  15. Jul 5, 2014
    One of the best shows out at the moment. Casting, direction, and photography are all expertly crafted. The atmosphere is dark and the concept intriguing, especially for an already big fan of silence of the lambs. Kudos to the writers for putting together such a wonderful show when it could have easily fallen into the realm of fan service
  16. Jul 30, 2014
    From the first show, I became addicted. Amazing story, great actors, suspense and most of all... psychiatry and the power of the mind. Unique, suspenseful, addicting, stunning show.
  17. Sep 24, 2014
    Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen have an amazin chemistry on screen. This is a MUST _SEE show :) Every episode is a complex art piece that must be appreciated.
  18. Oct 12, 2014
    I have just started watching this show. The creation of this character by Thomas Harris has always fascinated me and Sir Anthony Hopkins had taken it to a new level. I thought Mads Mikkelsen had big shoes to fill and he's done justice to it, bringing the same charm and fear to Lecter. Hugh Dancy as Graham is great with the "at-war-with-himself" look he portrays often. The supporting castI have just started watching this show. The creation of this character by Thomas Harris has always fascinated me and Sir Anthony Hopkins had taken it to a new level. I thought Mads Mikkelsen had big shoes to fill and he's done justice to it, bringing the same charm and fear to Lecter. Hugh Dancy as Graham is great with the "at-war-with-himself" look he portrays often. The supporting cast does its job well and the filming and the soundtrack is an additional treat to savor. Expand
  19. Nov 24, 2014
    I thought this series was a thrilling mind experience....it is dark and creepy...the irony of the mentally ill detective dealing with the seriel killer...and how they dance back and forth with each other....the entire relationship between them is twisted........it bothers me that the characters continue to engage him with their guard down...they know he is a master manipulator....and myI thought this series was a thrilling mind experience....it is dark and creepy...the irony of the mentally ill detective dealing with the seriel killer...and how they dance back and forth with each other....the entire relationship between them is twisted........it bothers me that the characters continue to engage him with their guard down...they know he is a master manipulator....and my how they are influenced.....my other issue is that it is extremely bloody...Im shocked that the graphics are allowed on prime time. Expand
  20. Jan 5, 2015
    Very good tv series, Mads Mikleson really does an amazing interpretation on our beloved psychopath hannibal, he is very charming and puts a new spin on Hannibal which is hard to describe. Another key character is Will graham, a man with a troubled mind, who throughout most of the first season is unsure whether hannibal is friend or foe. The only reason this show didn't receive a 10, wasVery good tv series, Mads Mikleson really does an amazing interpretation on our beloved psychopath hannibal, he is very charming and puts a new spin on Hannibal which is hard to describe. Another key character is Will graham, a man with a troubled mind, who throughout most of the first season is unsure whether hannibal is friend or foe. The only reason this show didn't receive a 10, was down to the fact that season 1 gets a little bit repetitive, however this is rectified in season 2. Expand
  21. Feb 7, 2015
    Intelligent people talking about death and murder with intelligent words. Sometimes boring, sometimes very deep and interesting. Only show that really tries to go deep while not losing its audience. I found it enjoyable just as I did the books it was based off of.
  22. Mar 7, 2015
    Hannibal is a very good show it has great potential. It has great characters like mad Milkkelsen , Laurence Fishburne and Dana Scully. The best cast i have seen in any tv show. I have great hope that this tv show will rise and be as great as breaking bad,game of thrones etc
  23. Apr 28, 2015
    Easily one of the best shows I've seen and my current favorite. Disturbingly beautiful, cinematic quality, and a must-see for anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers. Hugh Dancy is utterly perfect in his role as the unstable profiler Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen's performance as the iconic Hannibal Lecter not only rivals Anthony Hopkins', but also surpasses it in many ways (and IEasily one of the best shows I've seen and my current favorite. Disturbingly beautiful, cinematic quality, and a must-see for anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers. Hugh Dancy is utterly perfect in his role as the unstable profiler Will Graham and Mads Mikkelsen's performance as the iconic Hannibal Lecter not only rivals Anthony Hopkins', but also surpasses it in many ways (and I never, ever thought I would say that). Expand
  24. Apr 29, 2015
    Grotesquely gorgeous and an absolute joyride. Each episode features well-crafted dialogue and stunning cinematography, along with the jaw-dropping performances from Mads Mikkelsen, Hugh Dancy, Laurence Fishburne, and Caroline Dhavernas, amid a stellar supporting cast with equally amazing guest stars (including the luminous Gillian Anderson stealing the show).
    Mads and Hugh ground the show
    Mads and Hugh ground the show with their chemistry. Whether they are working against each other or (seemingly) with each other, the tension between Mads' Hannibal Lecter and Hugh's Will Graham draws everyone's attention with a single exchanged glance.
    Mads, in particular, delivers a performance that cuts with the subtlety of a scalpel and the elegance of a dancer. From his role as a loathed manipulator in Season 1, his Hannibal earns the audience's sympathy until everything comes to a crescendo in Season 2's finale. Mizumono is one of the finest hours of TV ever crafted; just like the characters, anyone who experiences Mizumono does not walk away unscathed and unchanged.

1. Reviewed by: Chuck Bowen
    Jun 18, 2013
    Hannibal is richer and more ambiguous than prior Harris adaptations; it's an exploration of social decay that's rife with literal and figurative cancers eating everyone alive from the ground up.
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Apr 5, 2013
    By the end of the first hour, it has managed to make Dancy, Fishburne and Mikkelsen a formidable trio of characters, and each actor responds in kind with strong, engaging performances. Another sign of a good series is the fact that beyond the main three, the supporting cast is filled with solid actors and--more important--strong, vivid characters.
  3. Reviewed by: Rick Porter
    Apr 4, 2013
    It's anchored by several great performances, and it's among the more distinctive and gorgeously filmed shows on the air right now.... What did turn me off a bit in the first couple episodes of Hannibal was the victims were all young women.