• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 13, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.5

1. Apr 18, 2011
    Funny. Really. Out of all the new "Comedy" shows on TV right now, this has the best fresh and "twenty something" vibe that is close to the era of Friends. It's not as good as How I Met Your Mother, but something to definitely check out. For most people there is probably at least one relate-able character.
  2. JBM
    Apr 17, 2011
    I had high hopes for this show with the promotion and the success of Modern Family. I was badly disappointed. The characters were uninteresting but trying very hard and with no success to be funny. The show had no central sense of "place" and the relationships of the characters hard to figure out. None of the characters were likable. The pilot was muddled with far too many subplots going on all at once. I was at the same time confused and did not care to try to figure it out. Expand
  3. May 19, 2011
    This show could be worse. Production value is high. I don't entirely agree with all of the casting, but I'm impressed with the writing and will continue to watch.
  4. May 25, 2011
    I think this show is the funniest comedy out there right now! Right up there with "how I met your mother." Every episode has at least one scene that you find yourself rewinding to, because you were laughing too hard to see the whole thing. Every character has their own unique and comedic flare to bring to the table. I look forward to it every week and haven't been disappointed yet. Please, check it out! You won't regret it! Expand
  5. Jun 22, 2011
    enjoyed the show ..light fare , a bit thirty something , meets about last night (rob lowe) with current themes slipped in like side dishes at a diner. modern approach to most . The gay character was ..sadly not even close. But loved him just the same. Hugs Adam, you have it going on anyway.
    But his hag (the adorable and zoftdig penny wilson) added enough viggor and zest to overcome adam
    pally's attempts at gay . eliza coupe was intense..love it.. daman wayans jr incredible,funny, unpredictable..why could'nt he be the gay character he has the range ..the next jim carrey meets Daman Sr (very talented and intense man)
    zachary knighton -a delight, gorgeous, funny and you connect with his sense of "what the hell happened back at the alter" . elisha cultbert - wanted to hate her for leaving alex..loved her anyway..she's great and connected well with all the cast. added fun, lively, and a sense of style , not afraid to laugh at herself.
    miss this show..cancelled :(
  6. Jul 5, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. With all the shows that came out this year hoping to capture the magic of "Friends", I think this show came closest. The cast is young, attractive (Of course Elisha Cuthbert, but Casey Wilson, hello!), each character is unique and funny (favorites so far...Casey Wilson's Penny & Adam Pally's Max), and I love the fact they got Damon Wayans to play his son's character's father. And the hipster episode? Hilarious. Can't wait for the second season. Expand
  7. Apr 2, 2012
    Good show with some characters better than others. Some of the jokes are repeated &/or delivered poorly, causing minor annoyances to an overall pleasing experience.
  8. Aug 8, 2011
    Even after only one short season I have fallen for this modern comedy and all of its characters. The humor in this show is both hilarious and just subtle enough to be fully enjoyable. The characters are believable, heart warming, play their roles beautifully. The plot gives you the option to either watch one episode or enjoy the series as a whole which is always a plus. Not to mention the slight romantic tones give this shows an edge over all others of its kind. Expand
  9. Sep 23, 2011
    Here is a show that was surprisingly good. It is difficult to see why at first but a few episodes in and you'll realize that Happy Endings works better than most sitcoms currently airing. And let's be honest, it is a surprise, because the show is far from being revolutionary; it follows the codes of the genre almost like a religion. Until you see how good it can get. Let's hope that, during season 2, Happy Endings stops being a collection of sketches and becomes a real show. Collapse
  10. Sep 29, 2011
    One of the best comedies on TV right now. About as good as HIMYM used to be. Great character's and writing. Very relatable for us 30-somethings. Not too predictable.
  11. Nov 5, 2011
    Initially, I was only pulled to this show because one of the actors (Damon Waynes, Jr.) from the "The New Girl" pilot was on this show. Damon Waynes, Jr. does an excellent job playing the goofy, but lovable husband to the almost OCD wife played by Eliza Coupe. Adam Pally plays the very lovable, atypical gay man who takes underachiever to a whole new level and Zachary Knighton and Elisha Cuthbery play the split couple the show is loosely based around. However, a lot of the show's scenes are stolen by the very talented Casey Wilson, who plays the someone neurotic, Penny. A lot of the themes are pretty relevant to a lot of 20somethings/30somethings, from relationships to professional dreams. All-in-all, one of the greatest new shows that's come out last midseason. Expand
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    I think this is such an underrated show. I will first say that I think that it is unfortunate that people compare this show to others such as Friends, How I Met Your Mother, and Modern Family. To me, these characters are more realistic and relatable than other characters from different shows. Although Max isn't the stereotypical homosexual and Brad isn't a stereotypical African American, the writers of the show still have the comedic insight to acknowledge these differences and offer a world that seems closer to home. Happy Endings' humor can sometimes be missed as it frequently depends on the actors' individual comedic timing and body language when interacting with one another to strike a positive note with the viewers. All in all, this show is awesome because it doesn't always use cheap and obvious humor, and more closely resembles a "modern" world that I see myself in. Expand
  13. Dec 1, 2011
    This is the funniest sitcom on the air in a long time! Season 1's content is very quick and smart....you can watch the episode over and over and find new funny parts. Season 2 is slower, unfortunately, however the characters remain funny. Definitely worth watching!
  14. Dec 31, 2011
    This show is too fast, offbeat, and eccentric/quirky for most people to get and unless it slows down a little this show will never catch on but, it does have one fantastic aspect that doesn't need any tuning because this aspect has found its nitch & this aspect is the character Adam which makes up plenty for this show's flawed nature.
  15. May 18, 2012
    While, "Happy Endings" is amusing and an easy watch, Season 1 never felt like it was desitined to become a classic comedy. This is a rare ensemble where each actor consistently give their all each and every week.
  16. Apr 11, 2013
    Hugely underrated, this show is funny, witty, and feels incredibly fresh among most of the other carbon copy television shows on right now. It can be a little difficult to get into with the way the characters speak and pacing, but one your a few episodes deep, your hooked for sure.
  17. May 5, 2013
    Great well written under rated show with interesting characters. Kind of How I Met Your Mother meets Spaced mets Scrubs. Lots of film references. Not for those who like more serialized shows, though does help to see the first to understand how characters relate to each other.
  18. Jan 6, 2014
    I cannot believe they cancelled this show. I really hope some station will pick it up again sooner or later it's happened to other TV shows too. HAPPY ENDINGS deserves to be brought back to life!

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Apr 14, 2011
    At least Endings has something fresh at it's core....Even better, the well-cast ensemble includes Casey Wilson. [25 Apr 2011, p.44]
  2. Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Apr 13, 2011
    Happy Endings is really no better than any of those other comedies ['Better With You,' 'Traffic Light' and 'Perfect Couples,'], which is to say, it's pretty weak.
  3. Reviewed by: Brent McKnight
    Apr 13, 2011
    As of one episode, it's decently entertaining, though its sharp writing suggests potential. It's earned my interest for at least a couple of more episodes.