• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
7.5

1. Sep 21, 2010
    This show reminds me of all those crappy "action" flicks of the 80s, replete with all the cliiches. Alex O'loughlin is such a stiff he makes Keanu Reeves seem lifelike (okay, almost lifelike). The only interesting thing about this show is Scott Caan. CBS has invested allot in this show so I'm sure it'll be around for a while. This one goes in the same pile as all those crappy CSI spin-offs.
  2. Dec 1, 2010
    Sadly I have to agree with a lot of the negative reviews but I'm going to give it a 6/10 with one green bar just for the fact that we get to see some great Hawaiian scenery. Steve and Danny are great characters - I love their personalities, one being an ex Seal, the other a wiseguy detective from Jersey - great idea. But Chin and Kono? Worthless one dimensional characters in my opinion.Sadly I have to agree with a lot of the negative reviews but I'm going to give it a 6/10 with one green bar just for the fact that we get to see some great Hawaiian scenery. Steve and Danny are great characters - I love their personalities, one being an ex Seal, the other a wiseguy detective from Jersey - great idea. But Chin and Kono? Worthless one dimensional characters in my opinion. The episodes are all stand alone - there's no continuing storyline, apart from the weekly "book him Danno" joke. That won't be too funny for long. It seems that a lot of melodrama is being written into the storylines lately. And true it works! You got some great tear jerking scenes - Hawaiian burials at sea, the corrupt asian dictator turning over a new leaf to turn himself in for his own war crimes for "the greater good" and to make his 12 yr old son proud. Good heart warming bull5hit. But at the end of the day there really isn't anything grabbing the viewer making them want to set their PVR's to record the next episode. Who cares? I don't. It's the kind of show that you're okay to watch or you're okay to miss either way. No biggie - and no biggie if it gets cancelled either Expand
  3. Oct 17, 2010
    too cliched. i did give it a good try. the characters are too predictable and one dimensional. the theme song is great though. memories aaahhhh. the background - hawaii is cool to watch.
  4. Aug 10, 2011
    its ok, nothing special. Pretty standard 'villian of the week' affair with a little (and i mean a little) sub plot in the background.
    the show is clearly designed for people who just happen to flick onto a channel when this is on, mega simple plots, investigation scenes that always happen to stumble on things pretty quickly or just in the nick of time.
    all the cast feel heavily underused -
    all the cast feel heavily underused - grace park an amazing actress has effectively be turned into something to look at whilst the 3 guys run around hawaii, flexing there pecks or complaining at each other in a somewhat tongue in cheek fashion.
  5. Jul 5, 2014
    There's no question that "Hawaii Five-0" has slick action, an attractive cast and a solid premise, but it's largely a headache than excitement. Really disappointing.

While Hawaii Five-0 Mark II has none of its predecessor's cringe factor, the classic theme music retains its blood-rushing quality with a sharp, updated recording. And when McGarrett first utters the infamous line, "Book 'em Danno," we dare you not to let a little grin escape.
    The ingredients for eye-rolling failure are all here: Sample dialogue: "Your superiors say that you're the best they've ever seen"; foreign terrorists for bad guys; one female team member who makes Maggie Q from "Nikita" look like a prissy hack, and, oh, yes--it's an election year. But Hawaii Five-O works, and for one reason: Scott Caan, who is the second coming of cool.
    Hopefully the hyperactive series will mellow into a slightly less frenetic version of itself--out of budget necessity, if nothing else.