Hawaii Five-0 : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 20, 2010
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
7.3

1. Sep 21, 2010
    Great show visually, fun music, and a funny cast that works together well. Although not the most complex or mind-bending show, definitely a fun mix of action and comedy and something exciting for everybody this fall season. Hope it stays as good as the pilot and makes it longer than half a season
  2. Sep 22, 2010
    Hawaii Five-0 is fresh, updated and is well balanced, with all the memorable and intriguing characters, including women in high profile roles, such as brave rookie cop Kono and the state Governor, island culture, beautiful locale, current international crime situations, fantastic and humorous dialogue, action packed and the excellent iconic theme song. My family and I am looking forward toHawaii Five-0 is fresh, updated and is well balanced, with all the memorable and intriguing characters, including women in high profile roles, such as brave rookie cop Kono and the state Governor, island culture, beautiful locale, current international crime situations, fantastic and humorous dialogue, action packed and the excellent iconic theme song. My family and I am looking forward to upcoming new episodes and hopefully more new seasons on this iconic and memorable Hawaii Five-0. This show is unlike the beloved show that my grandparents and parents were devoted fans of, because it has been updated and modernized to reflect 2010. My parents also enjoy watching the new Hawaii Five-0 and are looking forward for more in upcoming weeks on CBS. Expand
  3. Dec 20, 2010
    I don't understand why Alex O'Loughlin gets so much criticism for playing a character who's supposed to be uptight and tense in a way that's uptight and tense. I think he creates that image with just the right amount of subtlety and nuance for the medium of television--I don't want to see someone overacting and hamming it up, which is why I don't watch that much tv. Scott Caan is right onI don't understand why Alex O'Loughlin gets so much criticism for playing a character who's supposed to be uptight and tense in a way that's uptight and tense. I think he creates that image with just the right amount of subtlety and nuance for the medium of television--I don't want to see someone overacting and hamming it up, which is why I don't watch that much tv. Scott Caan is right on the edge of that, but he stays on the funny side most of the time. Grace Park is the weak link, I just can't quite buy her character, but it's peripheral enough that it doesn't really matter. I really enjoy action movies, but I haven't been able to stick with a tv one until now--I really hope it lasts. Expand
  4. Sep 4, 2011
    I am giving this a 10...you might ask why....

I am giving this a 10...you might ask why....

it's was a breath of fresh air into recent cop shows (believe me i watch them like the bible). The Chemistry between the main cast is great (gotta love the banter between Danno and Steve). It is cleverly written too, always keeping the show fresh and fun. The location gives the production a great feeling to the show If season 2 is as good as season 1 i will have no problem with tuning in.....
  5. Apr 9, 2011
    Love this show. What's not to like. There is plenty of action for the guys and great looking men for the ladies. Throw in beautiful Hawaii and a couple references to the former show and tadaaah grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy Monday night.
  6. May 17, 2011
    I just saw the whole season and I just loved it! It is very well scripted and the actors were made for the series.
    The season finale was breathtaking, really good and I just can't wait for season 2. The finale blew my mind away! It was completely unexpected. I congratulate the writers for making one of the best finale i have ever seen.
  7. Jul 23, 2011
    I have just watched the last episode of season 1 and can't wait for the next season to start. It is a thoroughly refreshing cops and robbers story and you know that right will out in the end. Very frustrated by the last episode and can't wait for the next season to start this autumn. Shoes.
  8. Apr 13, 2012
    This show is amazing! It's action packed, has interesting cases and great character chemistry! Love it without a doubt ;) (and that darn theme tune is just too catchy!)
  9. Oct 18, 2012
    Hawaii Five-0 is one of the most interesting shows out there. It does not take itself too seriously, thanks to the witty, back-and-forth banter between the characters. It also has a decent amount of action for a crime show keeping it fast-paced and exciting. Not to mention an awesome backstory.
  10. Apr 14, 2013
    A very good TV programme based on the original Hawaii Five-0. Would reccomend this. A very good show and Hawaii is quite a nice place also the actors are really good.
  11. Oct 10, 2013
    Hawaii Five-0 is a crime drama centered on an elite team of highly trained officers operating out of the beautiful Hawaiian Islands. This is NOT a cop drama. While they may be officers of the law, Hawaii Five-0 feels MUCH more like a James Bond movie than say, Law & Order in Hawaii. The technology the team uses is super hi-tech, and Steve McGarret, the lead man is an Ex-Navy Seal withHawaii Five-0 is a crime drama centered on an elite team of highly trained officers operating out of the beautiful Hawaiian Islands. This is NOT a cop drama. While they may be officers of the law, Hawaii Five-0 feels MUCH more like a James Bond movie than say, Law & Order in Hawaii. The technology the team uses is super hi-tech, and Steve McGarret, the lead man is an Ex-Navy Seal with Combat training that lead him to be a badass, fearless daredevil willing to take the craziest risks. Each episode features movie quality stunts like leaping out of helicopters, jumping off cliffs, faking deaths, and all sorts of well-written suspenseful, action packed plots. The scenery in this series is beautiful, truly breathtaking. Hawaii Five 0 also features a character named Kamakona, who sells Shrimp. He might just be the greatest comic relief character in any show, ever. It also has Masi Oka from Heroes. Watch this show. Trust me. Expand
  12. Oct 11, 2010
    Hawaii Five-0 is the kind of show you can just enjoy which you tend not to get any more! The production quality is great and to be on location rather than backlots for most of the show adds a lot to this kind of series.

To the people that didn't enjoy it: not every tv program has to be clever and/or deep with plot twists which makes users start up wikis to figure it out. If you don't like the show go get yourself examined as sometimes we just need some fun in our lives and Hawaii Five-0 delivers.
  13. Oct 21, 2010
    A solid action show with a lot of unexpected laughs. I had no desire to even watch the show until a friend demanded I check it out. While most of the stories aren't anything new or groundbreaking, the banter between the characters is outstanding. With great popcorn fare to fill in the gaps, it's a welcome addition to the fall line-up.
  14. Aug 15, 2012
    This is an awesome TV series. I bought the first season and it became my favorite series. Almost every episode is just awesome and the characters are badass and funny. The 4 main characters are very different but they are a good team.The action scenes are very cool and gripping. There are everytime a lot of subthemes, not just the murder/kidnapping, which I love. After watching the finaleThis is an awesome TV series. I bought the first season and it became my favorite series. Almost every episode is just awesome and the characters are badass and funny. The 4 main characters are very different but they are a good team.The action scenes are very cool and gripping. There are everytime a lot of subthemes, not just the murder/kidnapping, which I love. After watching the finale I was literally stressing and I just WANTED to see season 2... If you're looking for an awesome TV series, don't look further than this. Expand
  15. Mar 7, 2016
    Not as good as the original Hawaii 5-0 in 70's, but this remake is pretty good. I live in Hawaii so I enjoy all the local hotels and area that are incorporated into the story! Many of the stories are similar to the original, which is nice, I can feel the director has a great respect to the original. Mahalo!
  16. Oct 18, 2016
    Season 7 of the hit tv show “Hawaii 5-0” has recently premiered and it is obvious that the show is getting better and better each year a new season is introduced. The show takes place on the islands of Hawaii, where the 5-0 task force protects the state and ensures the safety of it’s people. Even though the task force has saved countless amounts of lives and prevented possible terroristSeason 7 of the hit tv show “Hawaii 5-0” has recently premiered and it is obvious that the show is getting better and better each year a new season is introduced. The show takes place on the islands of Hawaii, where the 5-0 task force protects the state and ensures the safety of it’s people. Even though the task force has saved countless amounts of lives and prevented possible terrorist attacks, some people believe they are more of a nuisance rather than valuable protection.

Throughout all of their crime-fighting, Steve Mcgarrett and Danny Williams, who are main characters, have to deal with many personal issues during the show. Some issues include the murder of Steve’s father and the mysteries of his mother's past, but for Danny, he is recently out of a divorce trying to raise his little girl, and keep his secretive brother out of trouble, drugs and jail. Not only do the main characters face many separate complications in their lives, but many of the side characters face these same problems that are discovered throughout the show. These “side stories” greatly add to the overall theme of the tv show which gets the audience coming back for more each time wanting to solve a new crime or discover new information about one of the characters.

The characters and even the show itself can be compared to many other crime fighting tv shows including “NCIS”, “NCIS: Los Angeles”, etc, but there will always be something different about this show. “Hawaii 5-0” is based off the original, classic tv show which was created during the 1970’s, and follows the same structure as the original. I feel that “Hawaii 5-0” is a very interesting and unique show to watch for many reasons. The biggest reason would be that many crime fighting shows are simply the same characters solving a different crime each episode with nothing new except for the death of a character or the arrival of a new person. This is not the case in “Hawaii 5-0” due to the fact that almost every single episode reveals a new mystery or answer to one of the main characters’ problems, as well as fighting crime and saving the day by the time the episode is over.

Another reason would have to be that the show is actually up to date giving it a wide variety of people who watch it. Not only is the show up to date, but there is also a different character for everyone to love and somewhat relate to. One of the main characters, Steve McGarrett, was the superstar athlete in high school who had everything going for him until the death/disappearance of his mother. Steve’s father, a police chief, did not want Steve around while his mother’s “death” was being investigated, so he was sent away and eventually became an Marine. Then the death of Steve’s father brought him back to his home state of Hawaii where he could search for his father’s killer and eventually become the leader of the 5-0 task force. Steve is not the only character with a rough, descriptive background, but is easily a favorite character to many.

With a countless sum of favorite characters, “Hawaii 5-0” can easily be categorized as one of the greatest crime-fighting tv shows of all time for numerous reasons. If the show were to be rated on a 5 star-scale I would rate the show a 4.5 / 5 because of how unique and intriguing each new episode is.
  17. Sep 21, 2010
    I was looking forward to Lone Star and Hawaii Five-O as "fun" shows to counterbalance the weight of Mad Men, Rubicon, and Boardwalk Empire. LoneStar didn't quite deliver (though I'm giving it more rope), but Hawaii Five-O truly did. It's fun, and the primary cast of 4 seems like an entertaining combo. They are absolutely watchable. Reminds me a bit of the old Dan Tanna "Vegas" episodes.I was looking forward to Lone Star and Hawaii Five-O as "fun" shows to counterbalance the weight of Mad Men, Rubicon, and Boardwalk Empire. LoneStar didn't quite deliver (though I'm giving it more rope), but Hawaii Five-O truly did. It's fun, and the primary cast of 4 seems like an entertaining combo. They are absolutely watchable. Reminds me a bit of the old Dan Tanna "Vegas" episodes. Just got back from Oahu, and I'm told that Jack Lord is revered over there, as he gave a ton of his not-unsubstantial personal wealth to local causes. I'm glad that they didn't tarnish the legacy of the show with something cheesy or irreverent. It's not close to the best show on TV, but it's not supposed to be. I'll keep watching. Expand
  18. Fox
    Sep 21, 2010
    Show is an amazingly cleaver blend of old and new. 42 years a long time; nothing is the same, including our heroes. But Five-0 keeps alive enough of the original hit to live again for us in 2010.
  19. Oct 5, 2010
    Great Show....I don't like action-shows actually, but this one rocks.
    It has a quite thin storyline, but great actors, action that can be compared with the action found in movies, nice comedy between the two "whitebreads" :D
  20. May 24, 2011
    After watching the whole season Hawaii Five-O has made a very strong debut season. It's a pleasant surprise to see something refreshing brought to TV. It has been superbly well written and given the fact that there was an orignal the transition has been very smooth and well balanced plus the setting is awesome. The focus on each character was well shown but combining it with eachAfter watching the whole season Hawaii Five-O has made a very strong debut season. It's a pleasant surprise to see something refreshing brought to TV. It has been superbly well written and given the fact that there was an orignal the transition has been very smooth and well balanced plus the setting is awesome. The focus on each character was well shown but combining it with each crisis/investigation Five-O faced in each episode was very well done. The characters like I said are tremendous, Steve McGarrett (Alex O'Laughlin) the leader of Five-O and while hes had critisiscm he isn't all that bad. Daniel Dae-Kim is in fine form as an alledgedly disgraced ex-cop Chin, Grace Park was convincing as independant rookie cop Kono but the star of the show and the key to it all is Scott Caan as Danno, Danny Williams, definetly Emmy worthy as McGarrett's charming and sarcastic partner. The main focus of the series is of the death of McGarrett's father who was investigating HPD about his mother's accidental death slowly but surely it becomes clear there was nothing accidental about with ties leading as far as the Yakuza led by Wo-Fat, the series villain. With 24 episodes on offer each brings something different whether it's action packed or the unexpected laughs, you are guarenteed sheer entertainment with plenty of twists and turns along the way leading to a breathtaking and mindblowing season finale which sets things up for an intriguing and unmissable Season 2. While Hawaii Five-O may be nothing ground-breaking its certainly refreshing and a solid update with a bright future. Expand
  21. Feb 17, 2011
    A fun, light, active drama that can often keep a person's attention simply because of good character chemistry, dynamic and colorful scenes and plot that takes little intellect. The perfect show to unwind and relax after a hard day at the office. Sure it's predictable, but it isn't scripted to hold a deep line. One of my surprise show highlights in a field full of dull, cliche dramas.
  22. Apr 15, 2013
    A lot of people ask me which is better? The original Five-O or the reboot. My answer is always the same; you cannot compare the two as one show. The original Five-O is a great old-fashion cop show and the reboot is a unique take.

I like the reboot but not as the remake of the original. It is a good TV show but I really don't think they should have remade it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good show but it should not be compared with the original.

A great TV show that can be watched over and over again. I do not recommend this show if you were a fan of the original. You might be a little offended.
  23. Dec 1, 2010
    Sadly I have to agree with a lot of the negative reviews but I'm going to give it a 6/10 with one green bar just for the fact that we get to see some great Hawaiian scenery. Steve and Danny are great characters - I love their personalities, one being an ex Seal, the other a wiseguy detective from Jersey - great idea. But Chin and Kono? Worthless one dimensional characters in my opinion.Sadly I have to agree with a lot of the negative reviews but I'm going to give it a 6/10 with one green bar just for the fact that we get to see some great Hawaiian scenery. Steve and Danny are great characters - I love their personalities, one being an ex Seal, the other a wiseguy detective from Jersey - great idea. But Chin and Kono? Worthless one dimensional characters in my opinion. The episodes are all stand alone - there's no continuing storyline, apart from the weekly "book him Danno" joke. That won't be too funny for long. It seems that a lot of melodrama is being written into the storylines lately. And true it works! You got some great tear jerking scenes - Hawaiian burials at sea, the corrupt asian dictator turning over a new leaf to turn himself in for his own war crimes for "the greater good" and to make his 12 yr old son proud. Good heart warming bull5hit. But at the end of the day there really isn't anything grabbing the viewer making them want to set their PVR's to record the next episode. Who cares? I don't. It's the kind of show that you're okay to watch or you're okay to miss either way. No biggie - and no biggie if it gets cancelled either Expand
  24. Aug 10, 2011
    its ok, nothing special. Pretty standard 'villian of the week' affair with a little (and i mean a little) sub plot in the background.
    the show is clearly designed for people who just happen to flick onto a channel when this is on, mega simple plots, investigation scenes that always happen to stumble on things pretty quickly or just in the nick of time.
    all the cast feel heavily underused -
    all the cast feel heavily underused - grace park an amazing actress has effectively be turned into something to look at whilst the 3 guys run around hawaii, flexing there pecks or complaining at each other in a somewhat tongue in cheek fashion.
  25. Sep 21, 2010
    This show reminds me of all those crappy "action" flicks of the 80s, replete with all the cliiches. Alex O'loughlin is such a stiff he makes Keanu Reeves seem lifelike (okay, almost lifelike). The only interesting thing about this show is Scott Caan. CBS has invested allot in this show so I'm sure it'll be around for a while. This one goes in the same pile as all those crappy CSI spin-offs.
  26. Oct 17, 2010
    too cliched. i did give it a good try. the characters are too predictable and one dimensional. the theme song is great though. memories aaahhhh. the background - hawaii is cool to watch.
  27. Jul 5, 2014
    There's no question that "Hawaii Five-0" has slick action, an attractive cast and a solid premise, but it's largely a headache than excitement. Really disappointing.
  28. pir
    Oct 12, 2010
    great production values, fabulous location shoots, non-stop action, and the signature theme music can't save this show from being predictable, without depth, and ultimately forgettable. o'loughlin's acting is stiff even when bantering with buddy cop scott caan -- who is a ray of light in this otherwise uninspired show. i give a new show's ensemble several episodes to gel, and daniel daegreat production values, fabulous location shoots, non-stop action, and the signature theme music can't save this show from being predictable, without depth, and ultimately forgettable. o'loughlin's acting is stiff even when bantering with buddy cop scott caan -- who is a ray of light in this otherwise uninspired show. i give a new show's ensemble several episodes to gel, and daniel dae kim and grace park are usually worth watching, but here the premise alone will probably make me stop watching: all-american cop show wish fulfillment -- shoot-to-kill, no holds barred, no questions asked, immunity from oversight (!), the end justifies the means, the bad guys are irredeemably bad. i am sorry, but that just bores me. i noticed myself drifting off even during the action scenes; i just didn't care whether mcgarrett got the evil terrorist who killed his father -- and that's saying something after those strings were pulled. Expand
  29. Oct 14, 2016
    The only thing I can say positive is that some of the cast is attractive and the scenery is good because it's Hawaii. The acting is terrible and stiff, the plot and dialogue is abysmal as well. The original show from the 1960's is so much better ... you can Book That Dano!
  30. Oct 5, 2010
    I watched the first episode because of the hype surrounding it here in Hawaii. I can summarize it with one word: "cliche." The whole relationship between the two cops reminded me of just about every show out there with two detectives trying to catch the "bad guy" (except for the old school show Dragnet, that one was great). The action scenes were very ridiculous. I laughed out loud whenI watched the first episode because of the hype surrounding it here in Hawaii. I can summarize it with one word: "cliche." The whole relationship between the two cops reminded me of just about every show out there with two detectives trying to catch the "bad guy" (except for the old school show Dragnet, that one was great). The action scenes were very ridiculous. I laughed out loud when the one cop had to jump out of the way as a car almost hit him while smashing into a stopped car in a very local road where you wouldn't be going that fast. I know they weren't aiming for a "serious" crime show here, but you've got to add at least some realism so that your audience has some grip to relate to. Something else that threw me off of this show were the racist comments made by the local who was selling shave ice in North Shore. While racism against white people SOMETIMES (very rare in my case - one time in 6+ years) happens, it does happen. I just don't think that CBS should support racism and show locals in this racist light. I have one question about that scene. Why would a local who lives in North Shore (a tourist spot) and makes money off of the tourists be racist against haoles? I think I've found another cliche. According to TV, it's OK to be racist against whites, but it isn't allowed against any other race. I did watch the rest of the first episode, so it must not have been that awful. I will give it two points. One point is earned because the show is putting money into Hawaii's economy. They get another point because I actually did last through the whole show. Expand

While Hawaii Five-0 Mark II has none of its predecessor's cringe factor, the classic theme music retains its blood-rushing quality with a sharp, updated recording. And when McGarrett first utters the infamous line, "Book 'em Danno," we dare you not to let a little grin escape.
    The ingredients for eye-rolling failure are all here: Sample dialogue: "Your superiors say that you're the best they've ever seen"; foreign terrorists for bad guys; one female team member who makes Maggie Q from "Nikita" look like a prissy hack, and, oh, yes--it's an election year. But Hawaii Five-O works, and for one reason: Scott Caan, who is the second coming of cool.
    Hopefully the hyperactive series will mellow into a slightly less frenetic version of itself--out of budget necessity, if nothing else.