Hellcats : Season 1

• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 8, 2010
6.9

1. Sep 13, 2010
    The lead actress brings something new to this very tired genre, and the relationship between the incoming football coach and the cheerleading coordinator might be fun, but overall this lacks that certain something that grabs you and makes you want to watch another episode. Granted, I'm far from the target demographic, but this type of show should have a little something for everyone.
  2. Sep 18, 2010
    Aly Michalka & Ashley Tisdale share a rare chemistry as the main two leads in new cheerleading teen-drama, Hellcats . The acting was okay, it was all kiddy cheery fun . Despite all of that , the show has great promise & I would be one to see just how far this show will go . Overall, it's average at best for my liking .
  3. Sep 10, 2010
    I just watched the show, to be honest I'm not sure yet what I think about it. I'm definitely going to watch next week episode, to see what I really think about the show. So the pilot did his job because I'm curios about next week. I'm afraid the show will be to predictable, first episode sure was. I wonder whether the show will make it through this season, I don't think there will be a lotI just watched the show, to be honest I'm not sure yet what I think about it. I'm definitely going to watch next week episode, to see what I really think about the show. So the pilot did his job because I'm curios about next week. I'm afraid the show will be to predictable, first episode sure was. I wonder whether the show will make it through this season, I don't think there will be a lot of fans. But who knows. Only time will tell. Expand
  4. Feb 28, 2011
    At first i was like like everyone else... ''Dude cheerleaders are so over'' , but i saw Aly Michalka and Ashley Tisdale they are very charismatic so i said, lets go for the pilot couldn't hurt.
    I came surprised because the show has some depth and the stuff with Law School it balanced out the silliness of the cheer-leading. It's not a hit , but if you like it you can watch it , its not bad at all.

1. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    It's not especially fresh material, nor is it all that nuanced, but it's peppy and occasionally clever and it offers ample eye candy for any and all tastes.
  2. People Weekly
    Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    The end product should be called Hellkittens--not bad, but its tiny claws neither grip nor rip. [13 Sep 2010, p.47]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    It takes us to the South and to a class-conscious frame of mind and then introduces a web of complicated relationships that the eye recognizes as cross-racial but the dialogue does not. For now, it seems that this is a tale of collegiate self-discovery and hand-spring liberation that just happens to be set in the post-racial America I keep hearing about it.