• Network: The CW
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 8, 2010
  • Season #: 1
6.1

1. Sep 13, 2010
    The lead actress brings something new to this very tired genre, and the relationship between the incoming football coach and the cheerleading coordinator might be fun, but overall this lacks that certain something that grabs you and makes you want to watch another episode. Granted, I'm far from the target demographic, but this type of show should have a little something for everyone.
  2. Nov 28, 2010
    Vainglorious acting and overused material make this sexy, cheer-leading manifestation a drag at times. The script seems very sophomoric even when the writers give hints that their lead character isn't all that.
  3. Sep 13, 2010
    Not so good. I made it all the way to the first 20 minutes of the pilot until she put a tape of Bring It in the VCR and I thought wow rip off a movie premise and then flaunt it. I'm not a fan of Glee but I can see the people on Glee have some talent to sing and dance, this is a less good copy of a show I don't even watch.
  4. Sep 18, 2010
    Aly Michalka & Ashley Tisdale share a rare chemistry as the main two leads in new cheerleading teen-drama, Hellcats . The acting was okay, it was all kiddy cheery fun . Despite all of that , the show has great promise & I would be one to see just how far this show will go . Overall, it's average at best for my liking .
  5. Sep 9, 2010
    It actually wasn't that bad. Most of the acting was good, and the pilot was fun, and cheerful.
    I can see it getting lots of fans, but I'm waiting for the ratings to tell me if it gets renewed or canceled.
  6. Sep 9, 2010
    I was a bit skeptical about this show. It could be a little bit not a really new show but in fact I don't really know a show which is about cheerleaders. I was really happy about it because it is quite refreshing and it is in the spirit of the CW. It is true that is another teen show but the pilot is quite interesting and I think I will watch the others episodes to really make my mindI was a bit skeptical about this show. It could be a little bit not a really new show but in fact I don't really know a show which is about cheerleaders. I was really happy about it because it is quite refreshing and it is in the spirit of the CW. It is true that is another teen show but the pilot is quite interesting and I think I will watch the others episodes to really make my mind about this new show! It was a nice way to start the 2010 / 2011 season. Ok it is not "the pilot of the year" but it is a nice show and I hope it will be working! Expand
  7. Sep 10, 2010
    I just watched the show, to be honest I'm not sure yet what I think about it. I'm definitely going to watch next week episode, to see what I really think about the show. So the pilot did his job because I'm curios about next week. I'm afraid the show will be to predictable, first episode sure was. I wonder whether the show will make it through this season, I don't think there will be a lotI just watched the show, to be honest I'm not sure yet what I think about it. I'm definitely going to watch next week episode, to see what I really think about the show. So the pilot did his job because I'm curios about next week. I'm afraid the show will be to predictable, first episode sure was. I wonder whether the show will make it through this season, I don't think there will be a lot of fans. But who knows. Only time will tell. Expand
  8. Sep 17, 2010
    Its funny and it gives a diverse site rather than the happy cheerleaders that we usually see today. The show is classic CW mirroring shows like One Tree Hill. The show itself isn't fresh but it will be interesting to see how they develop the characters, as its still very early on. The only problem for me is that it seems very 'Bring it on' as another reviewer suggested but that mightIts funny and it gives a diverse site rather than the happy cheerleaders that we usually see today. The show is classic CW mirroring shows like One Tree Hill. The show itself isn't fresh but it will be interesting to see how they develop the characters, as its still very early on. The only problem for me is that it seems very 'Bring it on' as another reviewer suggested but that might change in episodes to come. Expand
  9. Nov 14, 2010
    The show fails to enchant you. With the exception of Savannah, played by Ashley Tisdale, the characters are unlikable. I'll continue watching only if I have nothing better to do, and judging by this show, I'll have a lot of better things to do.
  10. Mar 2, 2011
    These are some really attractive young people who are athletic and can somewhat act. And then it all falls apart. It reminds me of when I was young and going to the movies and seeing a flick like this and thinking it was stupid. Once I got into my late 20's I realized how screwed up the popular cheerleaders and jocks were. Mainly because I run into them from time to time and I see whatThese are some really attractive young people who are athletic and can somewhat act. And then it all falls apart. It reminds me of when I was young and going to the movies and seeing a flick like this and thinking it was stupid. Once I got into my late 20's I realized how screwed up the popular cheerleaders and jocks were. Mainly because I run into them from time to time and I see what they have become after High School and College and get to know their real stories. So, it is somewhat true to life. Expand
  11. Feb 28, 2011
    At first i was like like everyone else... ''Dude cheerleaders are so over'' , but i saw Aly Michalka and Ashley Tisdale they are very charismatic so i said, lets go for the pilot couldn't hurt.
    I came surprised because the show has some depth and the stuff with Law School it balanced out the silliness of the cheer-leading. It's not a hit , but if you like it you can watch it , its not bad at all.
  12. Feb 19, 2013
    I really liked the episode, but I'm from Russia. I would like it to continue, the second season. At least for 2 million people. Sorry but that will not happen, but I hope that for him who ever undertake.

1. Reviewed by: Dan Fienberg
    It's not especially fresh material, nor is it all that nuanced, but it's peppy and occasionally clever and it offers ample eye candy for any and all tastes.
    The end product should be called Hellkittens--not bad, but its tiny claws neither grip nor rip. [13 Sep 2010, p.47]
  3. Reviewed by: Troy Patterson
    It takes us to the South and to a class-conscious frame of mind and then introduces a web of complicated relationships that the eye recognizes as cross-racial but the dialogue does not. For now, it seems that this is a tale of collegiate self-discovery and hand-spring liberation that just happens to be set in the post-racial America I keep hearing about it.