Hemlock Grove : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Apr 19, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.5

1. Sep 4, 2014
    I loved these two seasons. This one has more action, but the story was a little short of my expectations. Although short was amazing, recommended! Waiting for the third season ...
  2. Aug 14, 2014
    I loved every second of Hemlock grove, never been a fan of these types of things and i think vampire dairies is just pure rubbish.. but my boyfriends persuaded me to watch it, whilst eating our dinner - graphic, but amazing! I've watched it 3 times, so far and i'm definitely falling in love with Famke*!

It's an amazing show, why the low rating on meteoritic?!?!?!? Bring a 3rd series

It's an amazing show, why the low rating on meteoritic?!?!?!?

Bring a 3rd series out soon please!

Sofiee x
  3. Aug 7, 2014
    Season two was way better than season one. I love how it progressed and started showing the characters coming into themselves. Very intense and absolutely loved it!! Please Please Please make a season 3 Netflix!!!!!!!!
  4. Aug 5, 2014
    *Warning spoilers ahead*

I really liked the first season and i immediatly watched season two when it was released. Unfortunately the second season turned out to be very unlike the first and very poorly directed. All the new charecters have very little depth, and often do things that make no sense in order for it to fit into the plot. The character Miranda is a victim of this, she
    *Warning spoilers ahead*

All the new charecters have very little depth, and often do things that make no sense in order for it to fit into the plot. The character Miranda is a victim of this, she continually changes her mind when it fits the plot. The further you go into the season the more obvious it is that Miranda is not actually meant to be a meaningfull character but just a plot device

But even overlooking the fact that all the new characters in the show are very poorly written, the show has no consistency and doesnt expand or explain many of the mysterious things going on. Everything appears to happen randomly, in fact so random that the only meaning that can be applied to the events is that it fits the plot, which is still nonexistant.

The show also does many things that makes it hard to immerse yourself into the universe. For example at one point in the movie the characters need help from an old woman. They need her to help identify someone so they bring her a paper with suspects and numbers below. Instead of merely pointing, or telling them the number she writes it with her own feces on the wall.

Instances like these ruins the universe and makes it hard to take anything in the series at anything but face value.

And dont even get me started on the ending....
  5. Jul 31, 2014
    Wow! I kind of dropped watching this show initially but a friend encouraged me to watch further and I am hooked! One of the best horror series I had seen so far and the plot gets thicker ! A nail biter and a cliff hanger! It's that good!
  6. Jul 23, 2014
    Love this show...if you can be patient through the build up...it's a worthy payoff! Can't wait until season 3. There are many loose ends the show must now clear up, but it should make for a insane 3rd season!
  7. Jul 22, 2014
    I really loved season 1 but season 2 was ultimately that utterly ridiculous and pointless sequel. From the start its very clear that its an entirely new creative team, which by itself is fine but what they create is lame. The mood is gone, the characters are weak caricatures of themselves, and the plot falls apart completely and leads no where. Very disappointing.
  8. Jul 21, 2014
    I love it! it is totally crazy, exciting and I can wait to see season season 1 started off a little slower but season 2 is amazing. really I love it all. i can under stand who the critics are?
  9. Jul 21, 2014
    This season has been an amazing ride. Honestly.

This season has been an amazing ride. Honestly.

The acting is a lot better than in the first season, and a lot more darker. The dialogue is of course as superb as it has always been. What is keeping me from giving this season a 10/10 rating, is because I noticed a little bit of needless gore, the plot spent like 7 episodes to actually start the real plot, But I would totally reccomended, and Hemlock Grove continues to become my favorite series as of now.

Don't listen to the critics, they just like the overrated stuff. Rather listen to the viewers! Hope Netflix renews this show for a third season. :)
  10. Jul 20, 2014
    This is one of the best new shows. Very original not rehashed old ideas. If you a totally new, different, great story that is not predictable give this try
  11. Jul 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. 10/10 if they rewrote the last 15 minutes!!!. The flying stingray guy with human face? Really?!? Not sure if I"m going to watch the next season now... Didn't anyone making the movie interject with that ending - smh. Expand
  12. Jul 17, 2014
    I happen to think the show is awesome. Well written & the characters are all lovable; even the evil ones. Couldn't wait for season 2 & now 3; let's hope it's not as long a wait this time!!! One of the best shows ever made in this genre, streamed or televised; just wish the seasons were longer, more episodes!
  13. Jul 16, 2014
    After completing Hemlock Grove: Season 2 I must say that I have completely wasted 10 hours of my life and I am embarrassed to admit that I stuck it through all 10 episodes. This stable of episodes seemed rushed through with a trail of undeveloped characters stuck smack in the middle of a mindless plot. Netflix stumbled and fell on their faces with this one.
  14. Jul 15, 2014
    I started watching this show a few days ago at a friends house and finished both seasons today. I loved it. The first episode or two in season 1 were a little slow and I wasn't sure it was going to be something I could get into, but then I was hooked. I don't understand why the critics are so hard on it. The acting by Roman, Dr. Pryce, and Peter is phenomenal, and the story line isn't theI started watching this show a few days ago at a friends house and finished both seasons today. I loved it. The first episode or two in season 1 were a little slow and I wasn't sure it was going to be something I could get into, but then I was hooked. I don't understand why the critics are so hard on it. The acting by Roman, Dr. Pryce, and Peter is phenomenal, and the story line isn't the basic struggle from the dark side for love crap that most shows lately center around. What kept me watching was wanting to know the explanations for all the craziness. My only complaint was with Olivia's horrid accent in season. Expand
  15. Jul 14, 2014
    I just finished the second season...and all I can say is WOW. What a mind-blowing finale. I was literally screaming at the screen, begging things to happen/not happen. It is intense, full of mystery until the end, and personally, I found this season to be way better. Season one was awesome, don't get me wrong, but Season two was everything I was hoping for and more. The acting is prettyI just finished the second season...and all I can say is WOW. What a mind-blowing finale. I was literally screaming at the screen, begging things to happen/not happen. It is intense, full of mystery until the end, and personally, I found this season to be way better. Season one was awesome, don't get me wrong, but Season two was everything I was hoping for and more. The acting is pretty great, and I liked how much closer we got to the characters. Also, the focus was not on just werewolves this time but instead, focuses on a broad range of other horrors that surround Hemlock Grove This finale absolutely broke my heart and has me wanting Season 3 to begin much sooner than later. A really, really cool show. Can't wait to see how this story will unfold. Expand
  16. Jul 13, 2014
    To heck with the critics, I started watching last year and couldn't stop. I started the first episode yesterday and it is proceeding the same way. All of the actors are engaging and the storyline is horror filled and intense. What's not to like!
  17. Jul 13, 2014
    To say I am surprised by low score given to the show by the critics is to say nothing. It is one of the most enjoyable shows I have ever watched with interesting characters and, most importantly, a good mystery at the heart of it all. The show started in a way that suggested a cliched YA drama but quickly it steered away from the beaten path into the territory of inventive and deliciousTo say I am surprised by low score given to the show by the critics is to say nothing. It is one of the most enjoyable shows I have ever watched with interesting characters and, most importantly, a good mystery at the heart of it all. The show started in a way that suggested a cliched YA drama but quickly it steered away from the beaten path into the territory of inventive and delicious weirdness.

As was suggested by another reviewer, this is a show in its own category, there is nothing quite like it out there now. Most, if not all, current high-budget dramas Hemlock Grove gets compared to, are tired unimaginative milk cows for the networks. This one I find infinitely more inspired and entertaining.
  18. Jul 13, 2014
    This season (although I loved season 1 as well) is way better, packed full of action . The acting was great , the story was great . The only thing I didn't 100% like was the graphics/cgi wasn't the best but its t.v so I don't really expect it to be the same as movies anyways less budget than a movie so its understandable. 10/10 star
  19. Jul 12, 2014
    This season is MUCH better than S1 in pacing. Its still crazy and entertaining summer fluff. Don't listen to the critics who compare this show to House of Cards or Orange is the New Black. or even True blood. This show is in its own category and if you watch it simply for what it is, you will be entertained with enough WTF moments to make it worthwhile.
  20. Jul 11, 2014
    This is like Anne Rice meets Stephen King . This thriller series is one of the best I have seen in a long time . Sorry True Blood but there is a new show in town . I give the acting and casting a 9 and plot and storyline a 9 and give it a 10 overall for bringing them together . Bill Skarsgård (as Roman Godfrey) and Landon Liboiron ( as Peter Rumancek) have shown there is a future for youngThis is like Anne Rice meets Stephen King . This thriller series is one of the best I have seen in a long time . Sorry True Blood but there is a new show in town . I give the acting and casting a 9 and plot and storyline a 9 and give it a 10 overall for bringing them together . Bill Skarsgård (as Roman Godfrey) and Landon Liboiron ( as Peter Rumancek) have shown there is a future for young Hollywood. The only bad thing I have to say is 10 episodes for season 2 really ? This show leaves you wanting for more and I am already wanting to see season 3 . Expand

1. Reviewed by: Alan Jones
    Jul 10, 2014
    The new episodes are mediocre in terms of plot and character development, but they're also consistently paced, and no longer bogged down by exposition.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Tallerico
    Jul 9, 2014
    It is lurid and heated (which "Extant" could use more of) but it’s also just ridiculous and filled with awful dialogue spouted by characters about whom it is impossible to care.
  3. Reviewed by: Melissa Maerz
    Jul 9, 2014
    The gore is inventive, but after the billionth bloodbath, there are still as many narrative loose ends as ever. When the story doesn't hold, even the jugular geysers feel boring.