• Network: TLC
  • Season #: 1 , 2
1.6

Overwhelming dislike- based on 21 Ratings

1. Jul 25, 2013
    A massacre of intelligence itself, this is a show that you watch to make you feel better about yourself. Let me tell you, you would really have to despise yourself to not feel better about yourself after watching this. Brainless, insanely immature, and glorifies stupidity and ignorance, this show is a pinnacle in horrible reality shows.
  2. Oct 29, 2013
    This is quite possibly some of the worst I've ever seen I'm not laying when I say I've stayed
    three hours on the suicide hotline trying to stay alive.

1. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Aug 7, 2013
    The Honey Boo Boo clan often transcend the narrow condescension of the series’ producers--between-scene interludes include shots of humping dogs and the sound of a toilet flushing--with a deep familial affection and a rousing, Amelia Bedelia-esque esprit de corps.
  2. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Jul 17, 2013
    TLC’s editing, as expected, goes out of its way to make the family appear like idiots.... But the Thompsons don’t care what other people think. They’ve got each other. In that, they’re light-years better adjusted than just about any family on any other reality show.
  3. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    Jul 16, 2013
    Despite the show’s underlying themes extolling a family that loves each other and self-acceptance (such as June referring to her ample frame as “voluptuous”), the series sets up its intrepid heroes to be laughed at, not with.