• Network: TLC
  • Series Premiere Date: Aug 8, 2012
  • Season #: 1 , 2
2.6

1. Aug 8, 2012
    The most disgusting show I've ever viewed in my entire life! As if "Toddlers n' Tiaras" wasn't bad enough...now this! Is this what television has to resort to...people who are of no class, morals or integrity, making big bucks off of their disgraceful language, absolutely no manners, horrible physical presentation, clearly lacking class, amongst other things I choose to refrain from saying here, as I do pride myself on having class. I've said more than this disgusting show is even worthy of...will never watch again! Expand
  2. Sep 12, 2012
    What a joke...it is pure junk! if this is what tv is heading to {including toddler/tiara and the stupid **** dance instructor one}...then cancel cable. Good god...all these stupid reality shows dominating every channel...no wander the IQ of an average american is going to pot.
  3. Aug 26, 2012
    These people are awesome, super entertaining. Allana is a super smart, cheeky, sassy 6 year old and I love watching her. The family don't care what people think about them and it's completely refreshing, no matter what you do someone will criticise you so why care? You'd better redneckognise!
  4. Aug 21, 2012
    Now TLC has done great reality shows in the past 15 years from trauma life in the ER to the little people era, but this show is just truly, truly dreadful, this hapless piece of trash is tied with the weiner's circle as not only the worst reality show ever made, it is also the worst tv show of 2012 to date, tie with the weiner's circle, just truly incredibly dreadful, tasteless and trash.

TLC you have stoop to an all time low with this.
  5. Aug 18, 2012
    I am so disgusted, The mother June is the grossest thing I have ever seen on T.V they all should be ashamed of them self's. Honey Boo Boo is a cute girl but her disgusting ways and her nasty gross mother has got to go.....
  6. Aug 22, 2012
    You have to look past this family's flaws and see them for what they are...a caring and happy family that doesn't have much, but enjoys life anyways.When I first started to watch the show I thought I would be laughing AT them, but instead I have ended up laughing WITH them. What's disgusting is the way America is responding to this family just because they don't live exactly the same way they do. Bottom line is that this family is not evil or mean, they are not criminals, they are not hurting anyone...why all the hatred towards them? Learn to embrace your fellow neighbor instead of judging them...the world would be a MUCH better place. Expand
  7. Sep 27, 2012
    The family on this show has no manners! I am a Southerner, and I love the South and all its traditions, and have nothing against rednecks, however, there is no excuse for the horrible manners that this family dispays and encourages in Honey Boo Boo. My mother taught me that passing gas in front of others, making rude noises, talking back to your elders, being loud in public, etc. were all unacceptable. The mom in this show doesn't care what anyone thinks of her or her daughter, even if they are being disrespectful, they all have an "I don't care" attitude. That is one thing I cannot stand, is that awful attitude of "I don't care so deal with it." Honey Boo Boo's parents don't even make her listen to them! They have raised a little self-centered brat who thinks she is the queen of cuteness. Is humility and respect for others a lost art these days? Expand
  8. Oct 6, 2012
    This is exactly why America is the laughing stock of the rest of the world. The creators knowing exploited a 7 year old girl for profit. It embraces the disgusting habits of a family that is literally destroying their daughter's body and mind. They should be in jail. The fact that they are on The Learning Channel is insulting to humanity. Hope the creator made a decent profit.
  9. Aug 29, 2012
    Horrible. I do not see how this even made it to TV. I watched it in full once to be fair but I was disgusted. The people themselves are hard to look at and the behavior is gross. Please put something worth watching on in that time slot.
  10. Nov 9, 2012
    I watched 10 minutes of this show and it changed my life. I now believe we need to keep abortion safe and legal. I wonder if the family understands viewers are laughing at them, not with them.
  11. Jan 4, 2013
    This show is what is wrong with American television. To watch this show is to glorify ignorance, stupidity, obesity, and just awful actions from a family that needs some genuine help. I've not watched ONE episode of this show, but I know enough about it through previews and occasional peaks when I'm flipping through the channels to know this show's a joke. I wonder if TLC brass remembers when they used to air 'educational' programming? Live surgeries, informative cooking shows, and other educational tools that were useful to our culture. Why sacrifice great taste for ratings, TLC?

Many others have already talked about the low brow humor, the deplorable behavior they carry, and on top of that, you can't even understand what the folks are saying. I'm not alone in feeling this way and feel that I'm in the majority in saying this is the worst show on television and that TLC's brass should look in the mirror and realize that fads like this show will ruin a network's reputation.
  12. Sep 6, 2012
    In LOVE with this family! Being raised southern is something to be proud of!!! Shame on yall for taking a glance at them and automatically have some sort of disgust towards them! They are honest, loving, true southern rednecks who embrace who they are and I respect them for that! I was raised in the sticks I drank from a water hose, ate off the floor, played in mud etc and I turned out fine haha... It's not abuse or neglect or ignorant in any way.. it's just a different way of living. If y'all dont like it... Stay up north! Y'all take everything wayyy to seriously!!! yolo people!!!!!! :) Expand
  13. Sep 21, 2012
    I love this show, this family doesn't care about what other people think about them! Yes, they use inappropriate language, yes, Jane washes here hair in the sink, but WHO GIVES A **** It's their life and even they say it, "You either like us or not.'' They are a happy family, and they are the type of family of old times. They are proud to say they are Red Necks, and if everybody got along just as well as them America could be a better place. So what if they live a different life, and who cares if they don't have as much manners? That doesn't give people the right to judge them differently. What if YOU were them? Would YOU like if people judged you this way, you didn't have the proper education, and you couldn't do anything about it. Honey Boo Boo (Alana), Age 6 - Alana has blue eyes and blond hair. She is the most cutest thing I have ever seen, she is nice, happy, and cheerful. She even reminds me of my friend's daughter, Sophia. Sophia has the same attitude as Alana does. I know Sophia personally, and she is adorable, ''crazy'', and a happy child. Alana competes in beauty pageants, and has never won Ultimate Grand Supreme, but her mom Jane is focusing on it. Their family have nicknames. The Dad is Sugar Bear, Jane is Mama, then the sisters: Chubbs, Chickadee, and Pumpkin. Then there is of course Honey Boo Boo. They don't have much, no IPhones, no HD TV' s, no Macbook's, and no 2 showers. But unlike most of us we want everything, IPhones, HD TV' s , Macbook's, Blackberry's, Computers, EVERYTHING! They don't have much but are happy the way they are, and what they do have they appreciate it! When you buy something you use it, use it, use it, and use it, and then buy another (newer version) and forget about the old one, they don't they have what they have, and they are happy. They are country folks, and they are an example, not in the manners, but in the appreciating, and accepting who they are. They don't worry about what others think about them, and leave the problems behind, they just have fun! I recommend this show, it is so funny! You end up not laughing at them, but with them! Expand
  14. Jul 30, 2013
    A very dumb/idiotic tv show.. Believe it or, this is why america is so messed up right now... I do not find this to be the slightest bit funny, no one in my family finds it funny either.. The creators of this show should be ashamed and feel bad for broadcasting this. It's making television look bad.
  15. Nov 22, 2012
    This is an absolute joke. Everything on TLC is a joke. Does TLC even know what their channel means? It means "The Learning Channel". If learning how to be an incest obnoxious redneck family provides value to the majority of Americans, I am deeply depressed.
  16. Jan 1, 2013
    Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is nothing but trash, it is totally the most borning show in all of TV. All that it's about is Alana the former child beauty pageant contestant who since she couldn't make it in pageants decides to make her own reality show with her totally redneck family. All of it show basically a family that is totally out of whack, where has TV gone to these days. This show should be cancelled. Society has seen enough of Alana and her over the top redneck family. Why did the TV networks pick her up in the first place, there are so many betters shows out there A dog with a Blog on Disney Channel Makes Here comes Honey Boo Boo look like a show meant for the trash can. Expand
  17. Jan 2, 2013
    I've seen reviews that say, "Look past these family's flaws..." Well I tried, and I couldn't, they are a family just made and built on flaws. Whenever I watch this show I just can never finish it, because of its stupidity.
  18. Jan 5, 2013
    jesus.. easy to understand. the mother is a FAT disgusting cow that most men wouldn't **** if they were paid.. congrats.... you are now the most back-ass country white trash family on the planet...
  19. Jan 16, 2013
    I'm so disgusted that TLC has allowed such a trashy program as Honey Boo Boo. Promoting obesity, passing gas and burping.This is not humerus at all,in fact it's down right gross.What are you thinking TLC? Please take it off the air and put something on people can actually enjoy.
  20. Jan 22, 2013
    This is a perfect example of how to make sure your kids are prime candidates for Diabetes, Heart disease,
    ect, what a bunch of disgusting bunch of white trash, these people are frekin gross. did any of these people even have a job. OMG frekin have some respect for yourselves. i could only stomach like 15 min of this complete garbage. What do we really have to learn from a family PIGS,
    who probably never had a real job. Well at leatsd my tax dollars are not paying for their welfare checks anymore. Expand
  21. Oct 29, 2013
    Very bad show I tried to kill myself after watching the first 2 seasons. This is a very very very very very very very very very very very very very bad show.
  22. Dec 28, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. such a horrible show because they are obese and why is TLC allowing these horrible obese people be on TV show I understand that they are rednecks however my father is an extreme redneck and doesn't do anything like that to be a true redneck you must read the official redneck hand book or you wont ever be a redneck watching obese people (P.S honey boo boo and her family aren't rednecks they are just obese TLC stands for The Learning Channel and does any one want their kids or any one in their family learning this if I could rate this show I would rate it 100,000,000,000 below zero NOT A LEARNING TV SHOW. Expand
  23. Oct 1, 2012
    I Love Honey Boo Boo. Say what you want you haters, but Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is the new Jersey Shore of TLC. Probably one of the best shows since the ever-controversial Toddlers & Tiaras. Nice job, TLC. Add more seasons.
  24. Sep 27, 2012
    I love this show! everyone says its so disgusting but thats why its so much fun to watch!
    I love Alana she is one bright funny captivating little girl,who is pretty,and it is so much fun to see her,
    she makes me laugh, I think its beautiful to watch the family is so neat.I think the reality and the pure madness behind the show is its real.I think if it were like the waltons it would be
    completely
    boring.I think the producers are right on track to continue the show because inlove watching it!
  25. Sep 29, 2012
    Even though most parts are very stupid, ignorant, and disgusting, it contributes to the humor. But I think the disgust almost towers over the humor. I think it might be child exploitation....but in a humorous way.
  26. Jun 22, 2013
    The family lives like they want, and don't care about anyone's opinions of them. The show's outrageous moments and vocabulary manage to pull out laugh after laugh, no matter how trashy you think it is...it's funny.
  27. Jun 22, 2013
    I have to admit this show is indeed the top guilty pleasure of mine. Though the show may be quite revolting at times (eg. mayonnaise mess & snot), they are actually hilarious (with all their quirky conversations and actions). They even gave back to the community a couple of times with their toy and can drives, and Christmas in July. Don't fall victim to word of mouth, because you might actually end up loving this show. Expand
  28. Jul 17, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I don't care if the Thompson's are from the south. They are very entertaining and funny. I love how they get along well and they always do everything as a whole. Expand
  29. Jul 25, 2013
    this show is absolutely amazing the family doesn't change to make people happy. yes they may not be the most polite family and are a little weird but they are themselves! not many people are like that any more alot of people now days care what people think they dress a certain way act a certain way eat, talk, anything that will make other people happy and we shouldnt be that way. we should do what needs to be done to make ourselves happy. i very much like this show because of the way they all act they dont give a crap what any of you think they really dont care what anybody thinks. here comes honey boo boo is a great show! Expand
  30. Feb 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is an insult to the American public. I don't like most shows but this one is about the worst show on television because it portrays the lowest possible score for any intelligent show. This is not humorous but it is absolutely nauseating and disgusting. It will place this country on the bottom of any other civilized country in the world. Children who watch this will learn to act and live like lower forms of life, even animals have more manners than this family portrays. Expand
  31. Apr 19, 2014
    I never saw her show . but not that big of fan . Honey Boo boo's show is gross , and her family is disgusting
    her show is a pain in the ass . Face it honey boo is stupid , gay , and a pain in my ass .
    Grade for show F-

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Aug 17, 2012
    Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Child is one miserable half-hour. [27 Aug 2012, p.44]
  2. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Aug 9, 2012
    As with many of these series, Honey Boo Boo wobbles along that strange line of being at once an exploitative mess, and not just an exploitative mess.
  3. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Aug 9, 2012
    While I was creeped out by the way Honey Boo Boo was framing the family and presenting them to us, I couldn't help loving the Thompsons themselves.