Heroes : Season 1

• Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.8

1. Oct 3, 2010
    The first series of Heroes was the best television I have ever seen. So inventive and so clever it really did eclipse anything I had ever seen before. I think its that idea of aspiring to achieve your goals whether you can time travel or are just a normal human being that really shines through. Shame that the writers strike killed the rest though.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    An absolutely captivating genre-beding show. It is nearly flawless.
  3. ColdH
    Jul 20, 2007
    Incredible show... Nothing else to say...
  4. SorryNospam
    Nov 30, 2006
    Excellent Character Development. Good development of overall universal mythology.
  5. LKnight
    Oct 17, 2006
    The plot and cliff hangers keep the viewer's attention on the show, rather than making it wander off to what one did at the office that day. When I watch this show, I hardly know that an hour has gone by! That is a quality I rarely ever find in a television show.
  6. Briankk
    Dec 4, 2006
    Great show! Always leaves you longing for the next new twist. Keeps you guessing who is good and bad or both. Great writing! Story and presentaion!
  7. MikeT
    Dec 7, 2006
    While the premise is not original. The cast pulls out the stops to execute a beautiful show.
  8. EdS
    Oct 28, 2006
    Mediocre writing and acting are overcome by good special effects and a very tightly plotted premise. Extra points awarded for the "oh my god, I remember wishing I had super powers when I was a kid" emotions it stirs up.
  9. Kenji
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the characters, then why would they care what happens to them? Expand
  10. L4
    Oct 4, 2006
    Great show. I'm excited about the actors they casted for this show. THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!!
  11. ac1983fan
    Oct 5, 2006
    Awesome series! It's one of the best series on TV.
  12. jamest
    Feb 6, 2007
    I have been waiting for a show like hereos to hit television for a long time, it's up there with lost!
  13. PaulR
    Feb 8, 2007
    What a remarkable show. The only reason I didn't give it 10 was the fact that in the rare event a quesion is answered, it just raises another 3 questions which we have to wait for an answer for... but what a show!
  14. KuyaP
    Apr 22, 2007
    When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect of the show also which is a plus. Also, the acting is not bad at all. The story line is addicting, and the whole show is solid, concise, and non-repetitive. There's a reason to watch every episode, and every episode makes a whole; missing one throws everything out of perspective. I've stayed away from super heroe shows ever since I was 16 because they become very repetitive and boring. This show is a super hero kind of show that appeals to kids and more mature young adults as well because it mixes a solid story line as well as the appeal of "super heroes." Expand
  15. PinoyA
    Apr 22, 2007
    This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in the show are: not bad acting, interracial actors and actresses, unique powers (someone had compared the powers to X-Men which is not true at all; the powers each character has has a purpose into this complex, solid, well-thought story line). The graphics are simple but flawless. I've stopped watching superhero shows since I was a teen, but watching this show is different. It's not repetitive like the other superhero shows. Expand
  16. AL.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Absolutely thrilling to watch and excellent!
  17. MichaelS
    Jan 12, 2010
    When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly could; although its the writers' efforts that give your imagination room to move with this series. Watch the episodes all at once rather than waiting week by week though because the series really drags on at times. Expand
  18. Kj
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. Good writing. I agree with the reviewer that said it's like a movie.
  19. Heroes#1Fan
    Oct 10, 2006
    One of the best shows I've seen all year!! Plot is suspenseful & thrilling! Keeps you guessing on whats next. Wish NBC would air 2 episodes a week... the suspense is killing me!! I LOVE IT!
  20. Chris
    Oct 10, 2006
    Excellent Show! First new show in awhile I can't wait to see. I record all other shows with my DVR but Heroes I have to see during its time slot!!! I think the show is only getting better over time.
  21. LauraF
    Oct 17, 2006
    Love it. It's the best of the season.
  22. jacobr
    Oct 2, 2006
    it's awesome! although i have no idea what power nikki has.
  23. CharlesV
    Oct 2, 2006
    Awesome show. Too SHORT!!! These first two episodes leave me daydreaming about what comes next. One suggestion though, don't give the mysteries all away too fast!! The mystery of everything that's going on is half the reason I'm so hooked.
  24. bobq
    Oct 23, 2006
    This is the first TV show in years that has grabbed ahold of my attention and imagination in such a powerful way! Heroes will be the biggest smash hit..its will spawn movies, books, comic and otherwise. A legend in the making like the twilight zone or star trek...be there NOW!!!
  25. StevenS
    Oct 24, 2006
    I hate giving shows a perfect score, bu the way I look at it is that a show deserves a perfect score if it becomes the best show of the season. That's exactly what Heroes is, the best show I've seen yet this year. Although, you can't count out Lost and Grey's Anatomy which are all very to close to me.
  26. MartyP
    Oct 20, 2006
    My new favorite show!!
  27. JoyceK
    Oct 20, 2006
    This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a cliff hanger so I am not only surprised the hour is over but anxious for the week to go by so I can see what happens next. This will deffinately be the next series I add to my DVD collection. Expand
  28. RonnieRTD
    Oct 3, 2006
    finaly NBC has a great show - hope they don't inject politics into it like law & order and ER
  29. CarnieM
    Oct 4, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show and I hate Gory creepy things. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  30. meme
    Oct 5, 2006
    Those so-called 'experts' that gave this show a low rating should be fired. They are oblivious to what the American public likes. It

The show is too diffuse, hokey and self-consciously portentous to suggest suspenseful possibility.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The writing is uneven... but the idea is audacious enough to keep you following the loose threads.
  3. "Heroes" is one of TV's most imaginative creations and might, with luck, become this year's "Lost."