• Network: NBC
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 25, 2006
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4
8.7

1. Oct 3, 2010
    The first series of Heroes was the best television I have ever seen. So inventive and so clever it really did eclipse anything I had ever seen before. I think its that idea of aspiring to achieve your goals whether you can time travel or are just a normal human being that really shines through. Shame that the writers strike killed the rest though.
  2. Nov 9, 2012
    An absolutely captivating genre-beding show. It is nearly flawless.
  3. MartinG
    Oct 29, 2006
    Guys I know my vote will be mostly ignored cause of the low rating
  4. chiefn
    Oct 11, 2006
    If you enjoy mainstream drivel like LOST, this is your cup of tea. If you want a thinking-man's show like The Wire, you'll get very, very bored by this very quickly. Better casting is needed.
  5. MattM
    Nov 2, 2006
    This show is lazily writen. Every superpower and detiny reference has been done countless times in the sci-fi genre. Character develop is lacking with most being completely one dimensional. Not to mention time travel is a KEY part of this show. How any intelligent person can enjoy a show with time travel the way this show uses it is mind boggling. I prefer shows with non-gaping plot This show is lazily writen. Every superpower and detiny reference has been done countless times in the sci-fi genre. Character develop is lacking with most being completely one dimensional. Not to mention time travel is a KEY part of this show. How any intelligent person can enjoy a show with time travel the way this show uses it is mind boggling. I prefer shows with non-gaping plot holes. Also, the characters for all of their powers and experience discover things way later than the viewer does. Just another one of the many problems with this show. If you want a superhero or sci-fi show that is actually good try Smallville or Battlestar Galactica. Aside from Lost (the best show on TV) those two are actually worth watching. Expand
  6. JackR
    Feb 29, 2008
    The effects in the show make it fun to watch some times. The problem is that it takes itself way too seriously and because the dialog is so poor, it comes off as one of the cheesiest shows on TV. If it had more of a sense of humor I could probably watch it without gagging every 5 minutes.
  7. markhr
    Jul 6, 2008
    Blows huge putrid chunks. Bad acting bad script writing, bad SFX, bad cinematography, bad direction, bad, bad, bad. Heroes is so bad it even makes the original Star Trek TV show, which I frikkin hate, look good.
  8. OrenI.
    Aug 3, 2008
    A lot of people are obsessed with this show. Way too overrated IMO. The plot line is good and all, but you never see any action. Even though these people have superpowers, they rarely use it. It is like a soup opera about "heroes". The only interesting plot line to follow is Peter's and Hiro's. Anything else is just...boring.
  9. CadineL
    Nov 1, 2006
    I understand that in order to build a climax, the first 2 or 3 episodes should be viewed and interpreted as an introduction to the serie itself and what its about - not so much a comic book serie! Nevertheless, it shows loose threads but at the same time, an important lack of suspense right now. We can easily foresee what is about to happen and since it is so previsible and missing I understand that in order to build a climax, the first 2 or 3 episodes should be viewed and interpreted as an introduction to the serie itself and what its about - not so much a comic book serie! Nevertheless, it shows loose threads but at the same time, an important lack of suspense right now. We can easily foresee what is about to happen and since it is so previsible and missing action, it makes it kind of dull to watch. Frankly (and mostly unfortunately), I don't think we will be presented with a second season unless the first serie find a way to evolve with more suspense and... action. Expand
  10. Natalie0
    Oct 8, 2007
    This show tries too hard. The acting is bad, and the characters lack depth.
  11. JT
    Dec 1, 2009
    I think I gave this show an honest shot (watching about half of the first season). And true, it does have some great potential, but the episodes are too long and drawn out and the acting is only so-so. This show has found a niche with its fans, sadly, it just doesn't work for me.
  12. BenM
    May 22, 2007
    I cannot believe I actually sat through an entire season of this show. The dialogue and acting was so painfully bad that I nearly walked out on the finale only to realize that I already wasted 20 hours of my life and then deciding that there was no harm in losing another 40 minutes. Poor character development, special effects lifted from the annals of a C movie showing on the Sci-fi I cannot believe I actually sat through an entire season of this show. The dialogue and acting was so painfully bad that I nearly walked out on the finale only to realize that I already wasted 20 hours of my life and then deciding that there was no harm in losing another 40 minutes. Poor character development, special effects lifted from the annals of a C movie showing on the Sci-fi channel at 2:00 AM, and many unsatisfying plot aspects that were introduced and then never addressed by the writers. The only redeeming qualities I can come up for the series are Sylar's make-up (hilarious, he looks like dipped his face in powdered sugar), the green screen background scenery (a weather person's back drop is more convincing), and the sword fight between Hiro and his father that looks like a scene lifted from my neighbor's basement when I was 7 years old. The only things missing were plastic baseball bats in place of their Samuri swords. I honestly do not know what to say to anyone who likes this show when they are sober... Expand
  13. ColdH
    Jul 20, 2007
    Incredible show... Nothing else to say...
  14. SorryNospam
    Nov 30, 2006
    Excellent Character Development. Good development of overall universal mythology.
  15. LKnight
    Oct 17, 2006
    The plot and cliff hangers keep the viewer's attention on the show, rather than making it wander off to what one did at the office that day. When I watch this show, I hardly know that an hour has gone by! That is a quality I rarely ever find in a television show.
  16. Briankk
    Dec 4, 2006
    Great show! Always leaves you longing for the next new twist. Keeps you guessing who is good and bad or both. Great writing! Story and presentaion!
  17. MikeT
    Dec 7, 2006
    While the premise is not original. The cast pulls out the stops to execute a beautiful show.
  18. EdS
    Oct 28, 2006
    Mediocre writing and acting are overcome by good special effects and a very tightly plotted premise. Extra points awarded for the "oh my god, I remember wishing I had super powers when I was a kid" emotions it stirs up.
  19. Kenji
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the Heroes is very captivating and will most likely become my favorite show this season. While some people may find the show moving at a slow pace, I think the creator and writers are justified. They are obviously placing importance on making the characters more dynamic than the rather static characters in many TV shows today. If the viewers are not allowed to develop an interest in the characters, then why would they care what happens to them? Collapse
  20. Lucas
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is the "Johnny come lately" of the genre; we've seen this before and considering the time slot, this show is way too violent!
  21. L4
    Oct 4, 2006
    Great show. I'm excited about the actors they casted for this show. THIS IS A GREAT SHOW!!
  22. AdamL
    Oct 4, 2006
    I have to agree with the Johnny Come Lately statement. This show is uninteresting, boring and has been done before. Yawn.
  23. ac1983fan
    Oct 5, 2006
    Awesome series! It's one of the best series on TV.
  24. jamest
    Feb 6, 2007
    I have been waiting for a show like hereos to hit television for a long time, it's up there with lost!
  25. PaulR
    Feb 8, 2007
    What a remarkable show. The only reason I didn't give it 10 was the fact that in the rare event a quesion is answered, it just raises another 3 questions which we have to wait for an answer for... but what a show!
  26. KuyaP
    Apr 22, 2007
    When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect When I first heard of the title Heroes I had thought it to be similar to knock and bash bad new super enemies one after another kind of show. The show's twists and turns that leads to a larger plot obviously provides a more compelling reason to watch it in that it is a show in which the creators definitely had put a lot of thought into making this show. I like the interracial aspect of the show also which is a plus. Also, the acting is not bad at all. The story line is addicting, and the whole show is solid, concise, and non-repetitive. There's a reason to watch every episode, and every episode makes a whole; missing one throws everything out of perspective. I've stayed away from super heroe shows ever since I was 16 because they become very repetitive and boring. This show is a super hero kind of show that appeals to kids and more mature young adults as well because it mixes a solid story line as well as the appeal of "super heroes." Expand
  27. PinoyA
    Apr 22, 2007
    This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in This show is amazing. This is not the kind of repetitive show where superheroes constantly meets a new super enemy for every episode. Instead every episode leads to suspense after another that answers questions after another. This show is a thriller, mix comedy, mix drama, mix everything else. Every episode depends on each other that eventually leads to a surprising ending. The pluses in the show are: not bad acting, interracial actors and actresses, unique powers (someone had compared the powers to X-Men which is not true at all; the powers each character has has a purpose into this complex, solid, well-thought story line). The graphics are simple but flawless. I've stopped watching superhero shows since I was a teen, but watching this show is different. It's not repetitive like the other superhero shows. Expand
  28. AL.
    Jun 7, 2007
    Absolutely thrilling to watch and excellent!
  29. MichaelS
    Jan 12, 2010
    When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly When are they going to name a character 'Wolverine'? Its the only thing seperating this series from X-Men. I don't know if there was a series before X-Men that perhaps marvel ripped off, you'd have to assume there was. Regardless, the concept makes for a good story. The imagination of the viewer and what "could be" contributes more than anything the writers possibly could; although its the writers' efforts that give your imagination room to move with this series. Watch the episodes all at once rather than waiting week by week though because the series really drags on at times. Expand
  30. Kj
    Oct 11, 2006
    Great show. Good writing. I agree with the reviewer that said it's like a movie.
  31. Heroes#1Fan
    Oct 10, 2006
    One of the best shows I've seen all year!! Plot is suspenseful & thrilling! Keeps you guessing on whats next. Wish NBC would air 2 episodes a week... the suspense is killing me!! I LOVE IT!
  32. Chris
    Oct 10, 2006
    Excellent Show! First new show in awhile I can't wait to see. I record all other shows with my DVR but Heroes I have to see during its time slot!!! I think the show is only getting better over time.
  33. LauraF
    Oct 17, 2006
    Love it. It's the best of the season.
  34. jacobr
    Oct 2, 2006
    it's awesome! although i have no idea what power nikki has.
  35. CharlesV
    Oct 2, 2006
    Awesome show. Too SHORT!!! These first two episodes leave me daydreaming about what comes next. One suggestion though, don't give the mysteries all away too fast!! The mystery of everything that's going on is half the reason I'm so hooked.
  36. bobq
    Oct 23, 2006
    This is the first TV show in years that has grabbed ahold of my attention and imagination in such a powerful way! Heroes will be the biggest smash hit..its will spawn movies, books, comic and otherwise. A legend in the making like the twilight zone or star trek...be there NOW!!!
  37. StevenS
    Oct 24, 2006
    I hate giving shows a perfect score, bu the way I look at it is that a show deserves a perfect score if it becomes the best show of the season. That's exactly what Heroes is, the best show I've seen yet this year. Although, you can't count out Lost and Grey's Anatomy which are all very to close to me.
  38. MoR
    Oct 25, 2006
    Even if it certainly hits a catchy hook, with a cast of extra talented youngster, they might also be the superheroes of cliché personalities. Every character is polished, easily understable & undeveloped, all of it very well hidden by its unatural powers. This could watchable only if on top of it, dialogs and situations weren't that predictable. I think the worst moment Even if it certainly hits a catchy hook, with a cast of extra talented youngster, they might also be the superheroes of cliché personalities. Every character is polished, easily understable & undeveloped, all of it very well hidden by its unatural powers. This could watchable only if on top of it, dialogs and situations weren't that predictable. I think the worst moment I've seen is claire's boyfriend, who just seen her back from the dead, playing it cool, unshocked, hitting on someone else right in front of her, like nothing happened. How believable is this? Expand
  39. MartyP
    Oct 20, 2006
    My new favorite show!!
  40. JoyceK
    Oct 20, 2006
    This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a This is the best new show of a surprisingly strong fall season. It combines drama with a thriller plotline over a sci-fi back story interlaced with humor and somehow does all effectively. this is a testament to the writers and creators. It is extreamly well cast with characters you immediatly care about (unlike the disappointing "The Nine"). The pace is fast and each show ends with a cliff hanger so I am not only surprised the hour is over but anxious for the week to go by so I can see what happens next. This will deffinately be the next series I add to my DVD collection. Expand
  41. RonnieRTD
    Oct 3, 2006
    finaly NBC has a great show - hope they don't inject politics into it like law & order and ER
  42. CarnieM
    Oct 4, 2006
    I really enjoyed this show and I hate Gory creepy things. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  43. meme
    Oct 5, 2006
    Those so-called 'experts' that gave this show a low rating should be fired. They are oblivious to what the American public likes. It
  44. DawnTreader
    Oct 6, 2006
    This show looks to have a great start on a long running epic story. i hope that this show ends up being a combination, babylon 5, CSI, west wing, in terms of its ability to do real drama with mystery and science fiction concepts all roled in one!
  45. Jnorman
    Oct 7, 2006
    For the whole family. We all loved it!!!
  46. AnonymousMC
    Oct 9, 2006
    The best show on TV! Smallville has taken a close 2nd to Heroes.
  47. jayc.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Pretty good show. I am eager to see what is going to happen next. I really like the japanese time/space bending character but could do without the dual personality chic.
  48. GeorgeM
    Sep 24, 2006
    I watched the pilot episode earlier this week (online) and i really enjoyed it. It nicely switched back and forth between the characters and slowly showed their powers starting to take the forefront. For a first episode it also included some nice twists and set up a great conflict for the season. I'll be sure not to miss an episode of this!
  49. AnonymousD
    Sep 25, 2006
    Heroes just may have made NBC the television station to watch on monday night.
  50. NettleB
    Sep 26, 2006
    Excellent and entertaining - not a slow or boring second! Brilliant acting, and wonderfully compelling characters. I am so excited to see how this show plays out!
  51. ErikaDC
    Great ! ! !
  52. ZachH
    Sep 26, 2006
    just amazing! brilliant writing, filming, acting...it is so exciting, i cannot wait to see how this story unfolds!
  53. JeffM
    Sep 30, 2006
    Very promising. I almost passed on watching it, but I'm very glad I did.
  54. amandae.
    Feb 5, 2007
    amazing! i am hooked. i think the finale of this show should be a movie in a theater--like x-men. tv is not a big enough medium for where this show seems to be going ultimately. i actually never watch TV and i've been buying the episodes on i-tunes, that's how awesome this show is.
  55. battosaiiiii
    Apr 28, 2007
    Simply excellent.
  56. SteveS
    Aug 17, 2007
    It's the best super-hero show they've done.
  57. Calvin
    Sep 1, 2007
    This is the best tv series I've seen ever
  58. KyleA.
    Jan 20, 2008
    Good but quite unoriginal. Feel like I have seen it all before and while each episode is enjoyable, the ongoing plot isn't too strong.
  59. KevaughnH.
    Oct 27, 2008
    Amazing show that gives a different perspective on superheroes; a more realistic view of how a superhero really acts, unlike the comic heroes we normally get. It lets us see a different side of a hero and what they go through. The show isn't about high flying constant action, its actually about the hero and his/her experiences in a world without many others like themselves.
  60. DrewT
    Feb 15, 2008
    The professional critics are fools! this show is great on a number of levels.
  61. SusanL.
    Mar 1, 2008
    Save the cheerleader indeed. A cross between Fantastic 4 and Highlander with all sorts of reflections about diversity and mutation.
  62. Trent
    Nov 1, 2006
    Better than some superhero movies, seriously.
  63. michaelb
    Oct 11, 2006
    I asolutely love this show its a big distraction from Smallville on Thursday, two great shows about seemingly ordinary people and super powers.
  64. dc
    Oct 10, 2006
    This is the best tv show i have seen since....well transformers back in the late 80's! I hope it sticks around for a long time, im tired of all these other stupid shows!
  65. Jeff
    Oct 10, 2006
    I would have given the show a 5 if all I had seen was the pilot. The show seemed to fall back on clichés, and the characters aren
  66. KariP
    Oct 12, 2006
    Wow this HAS to be the best tv show there is.
  67. RakoA
    Oct 14, 2006
    I love the new show. I only have time to watch a few shows a week and this is #2 on my list right after #1 Survivor. A must see for anyone with any imagination.
  68. AliciaG
    Nov 4, 2006
    I am so excited about this show. Finally, a show comes along that I cannot wait to see each week. That hasn't happened to me since Nip/Tuck. Heroes is my new favorite!
  69. yeahright
    Oct 16, 2006
    rocks
  70. AbbyB
    Oct 17, 2006
    I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! This is one of the only real series kind of show on primetime TV I actually make an effort to watch.
  71. jfab
    Oct 18, 2006
    Great Writing and great overall show, Would be a Gr8 movie, you can;t wait until mondays !
  72. aldo
    Dec 10, 2006
    is great thats all i have to say
  73. BThompson
    Oct 23, 2006
    It is not a suprise that those of you who use words like diffuse to describe this show would not find it fun. Get over yourself and use words we "regular" folks use every day. Maybe then you will see what a fun comic book ride this show is.
  74. joeym
    Oct 23, 2006
    addictive, sometimes stupid, but always entertaining
  75. JoshuaF
    Dec 3, 2006
    This show is great fun. With so many characters, the show does a good job of developing them. There are no "flat" characters. I haven't come upon a character that I like or dislike all the time. There aren't any completely "bad" guys or "good" guys.
  76. EmyS
    Oct 24, 2006
    There are 2 things on primetime that I will make a real effort to watch. The first is LOST, the second is Heroes. It is a GREAT new show.
  77. michaelg
    Dec 4, 2006
    Best new show on TV. Can't wait until Monday night to see what is happening next. As good as 24.
  78. ashleym
    Oct 24, 2006
    i'm not a comic book fanatic and i think its a great show, just pure fun to watch, easy to get addicted to
  79. DavidB
    Oct 24, 2006
    As a big fan of sci-fi and comic books, I would definitely have to say this is the best show I have seen that combines the elements of both in quite some time. I must say I really look forward to TV on Monday nights now thanks to NBC. Heroes is awesome!!
  80. sandyf
    Oct 3, 2006
    I loved the first show. The second had so many long commercials in it; I felt ripped off. I couldn't even get into the scene when again we cut to another commercial. I think they doubled up on them because they didn't show many last week. That's cheating.
  81. JeremyL
    Oct 3, 2006
    One of the better pilots and follow ons. The key to the success seems to be in what 'Lost' did in the entire first season, just give you enough information to wet you appetite, but not enough to satisfy, therefore, making you come back for more. Example, the likeability of Hiro's character, and Mrs. Hyde's 'power' still being unknown (but you get the sense One of the better pilots and follow ons. The key to the success seems to be in what 'Lost' did in the entire first season, just give you enough information to wet you appetite, but not enough to satisfy, therefore, making you come back for more. Example, the likeability of Hiro's character, and Mrs. Hyde's 'power' still being unknown (but you get the sense that it is something sinister and forboding). I disagree with those who say that character development is lacking, there isn't space for War and Peace in the time frame allotted, and the writers did a considerable job of giving you insight on the number of characters that they did in the Monday night time slot given. A very fresh approach... please quit with the X-men comparisons. Just because it involves super powers and mutations.. the similarity ends pretty much there and the writers are doing a good job of keeping us guessing. Expand
  82. V.Girl
    Oct 3, 2006
    Heroes is refreshing. It's going to be big. Better than lost
  83. johnc
    Oct 31, 2006
    Is anything ever going to happen? I quit watching too dull!
  84. MatthewC
    Oct 3, 2006
    Currently heroes is (in my view), the best show on tv. From the subtle incline in revelations to the general quality of the production. The tv series has movie sensibilities, but somehow manages to surpass all similar movies. This is actually better than the xmen series of movies, because it tackles and deals with more real, more taxing, darker, superior, subjects. And does so stylishly, Currently heroes is (in my view), the best show on tv. From the subtle incline in revelations to the general quality of the production. The tv series has movie sensibilities, but somehow manages to surpass all similar movies. This is actually better than the xmen series of movies, because it tackles and deals with more real, more taxing, darker, superior, subjects. And does so stylishly, with flair, and fantastic storyline potential. Expand
  85. RickyBobby
    Oct 4, 2006
    Some of the acting and dialogue is sub-par. The actually story is what keeps me watching.
  86. TH
    Phenomenal new show!
  87. Lestatboi13
    Oct 7, 2006
    The show needs to be two hours long instead of one!!!
  88. LelandK
    Sep 26, 2006
    Excellent. Destined to be a classic.
  89. C.Cotton
    Sep 26, 2006
    The show does take itself too seriously, but.... It was fun and the characters were for the most part likeable. When the show ended I did find myself wanting to see what happended next.
  90. Rico
    Sep 26, 2006
    This was a welcome surprise. The show is very similar to by J. Michael Straczynski's Rising Stars series of graphic novels. I think the series has promise. The negative critics aren't giving it a chance to mature. I look forward to new episodes. Also Ali Larter is hot.
  91. BrandenS
    Sep 26, 2006
    I can just tell this is going to be one of those addicting shows. I already can't wait to see the next episode!
  92. Asrugan
    Sep 26, 2006
    This show has great potential, let's hope it lasts!
  93. L.S.C
    Sep 27, 2006
    Kept me riveted for the entire hour! Too bad it wasn't a two-hour premiere - they packed so much into it! Can't wait for the next episode.
  94. MattL
    Sep 27, 2006
    Let's see where this goes but it looks fun for the moment.
  95. alxrod
    Sep 27, 2006
    Brilliant! The best pilot of the season. I loved it. Sort of Unbreakable mix with Xmen. Really good. I hope they'll be able to keep the excitement. Can't hardly wait to see what's next. Cheers!
  96. AzraelA
    Sep 28, 2006
    This show suffers from the worst writing I've seen on television in a while. Far too talky and lacking any of the punch of better sci-fi thrillers like Lost (which it is inexplicably being compared to). The first episode is a slow, clunking, misshapen hulk which interrupts its shallow character developments every 20 minutes with dull special effects. For those who haven't This show suffers from the worst writing I've seen on television in a while. Far too talky and lacking any of the punch of better sci-fi thrillers like Lost (which it is inexplicably being compared to). The first episode is a slow, clunking, misshapen hulk which interrupts its shallow character developments every 20 minutes with dull special effects. For those who haven't figured it out yet, the writers have taken a cliche of a stereotype of a character and matched it with a superpower stolen directly from an X-Men character in order to create each of the protagonists. So much for originality...and copyright infringement. Expand
  97. MichelleE
    Sep 28, 2006
    This show was utterly amazing to watch, and discuss afterwards. The possibilities are endless for the characters and Milo Ventimiglia is just brilliant as Peter.
  98. dub
    Sep 29, 2006
    The cast was fantastic but the script was glaringly amateurish; it made the show just barely entertaining in spite of itself. It's not enough that it's about powers, it needs to actually be more thoughtful and less thuddingly cliche.
  99. bigking
    Sep 29, 2006
    A yawnfest. I was so badly wanting something to happen that would justify 10% of the hype this thing is getting. It didn't happen. Basically, it's one of those shows that will probably be cancelled soon, and some people will whine about it. I won't be one of them.
  100. ZoroCG
    Nov 30, 2007
    If you just ignore the silly voiceovers at the beginning and end of each show, the pretentiousness factor (which some of the more negative professional reviews above seem to refer to) drops down about tenfold.

The show is too diffuse, hokey and self-consciously portentous to suggest suspenseful possibility.
  2. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    The writing is uneven... but the idea is audacious enough to keep you following the loose threads.
  3. "Heroes" is one of TV's most imaginative creations and might, with luck, become this year's "Lost."