High School Musical 2

6.2

1. May 28, 2013
    Awesome movie! very much worth watching! all the music and dancing is nice too!
    Feb 22, 2008
    This was okay. I didn't like the first, but they definitely fixed this movie.
  3. MarkW.
    Aug 13, 2008
    I am a mature adult of 39 years and this has to be the best film ever! I have even bought pom-pom's and even have my own dance routine! WILD CATS!!!
  4. Aug 26, 2010
    High School Musical is great, but this sequel to it is way more better - funny moments and singing are it's best, along with the actors - that makes it eye-candy for all.
  5. georgeh.
    Oct 1, 2007
    We're getting used to less than mediocre television! The HSM craze is raking in the bucks but it's horribly written stuff. You can put glitter on a turd but it will still smell like!
  6. jessnotgonnahappen
    Sep 1, 2007
    this movie was the better of the 2 i love zac efron! he is so flippin hot!!!
  7. WilliamT
    Jul 2, 2008
    I may be a little harsh here, but I do believe that the public needs to learn the truth. High School Musical 2 is shockingly mediocre. The whole teeny bopper cast sings and dances it's way through the whole 120 predictable, boring minutes. Just so you don't realise how rubbish it actually is. The plot is predictable and unoriginal and the music does nothing to help it along. The I may be a little harsh here, but I do believe that the public needs to learn the truth. High School Musical 2 is shockingly mediocre. The whole teeny bopper cast sings and dances it's way through the whole 120 predictable, boring minutes. Just so you don't realise how rubbish it actually is. The plot is predictable and unoriginal and the music does nothing to help it along. The reason this movie is so popular is thanks to all the tween girls that paid money to see Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens on the screen because they are visually appealing. Avoid watching this and watch something else that will interest you and not infest your mind with corny, friendship inspired songs that will invade your poor brain for days. Expand
  8. RicardoD.
    This is a great movie
  9. MaryseG.
    Aug 27, 2007
    The best i have never seen !!!
  10. JavierS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    I think that it's a sequel. The first one suprised us all with that combination of addictive songs and good-looking dancing with the whole high school scene. This one focuses on a summer club, and I don't think that's such a good scenario. But the essence of the first one is still here, in the songs. New rhythms and lyrics but the same style and the same composition. I think that it's a sequel. The first one suprised us all with that combination of addictive songs and good-looking dancing with the whole high school scene. This one focuses on a summer club, and I don't think that's such a good scenario. But the essence of the first one is still here, in the songs. New rhythms and lyrics but the same style and the same composition. Everyday, You are the music in me, Gotta go my own way and What's the time? will do for every High School Musical fan. They're not Breaking free, but they're good. The best, of course, is the kiss scene, which we are waiting during all the film. In a few words: it's what you always get in a sequel, not as good as the first, but even so, good. Expand
  11. megalomaniac
    Oct 12, 2007
    Aside from the sappy tunes and the almost repetitive dance moves and the not so brand new tunes, the sequel to HSM is totally forgettable. It still features the cheesy and overly "cutesy" acting of Vanessa Hudgens and the Zac Efron (whose dance steps in "Bet on It" makes him like a totally hot gay dude). But I have to give credit for the attempt to fuse various kinds of music genres to Aside from the sappy tunes and the almost repetitive dance moves and the not so brand new tunes, the sequel to HSM is totally forgettable. It still features the cheesy and overly "cutesy" acting of Vanessa Hudgens and the Zac Efron (whose dance steps in "Bet on It" makes him like a totally hot gay dude). But I have to give credit for the attempt to fuse various kinds of music genres to one show, though the attempt was in futility. After the scandal of Vanessa Hudgens, i doubt there will be a HSM3 in the works. (i seriously hope not.) Expand
  12. Md
    Aug 18, 2007
    it was great. lucas grabeel got his break out role in my opinion, and zac showed off his talent. Corbin, Ashley, monique, and Vanessa proved there's in the 1st one and corbin had his musical movie.
  13. marks.
    Aug 18, 2007
    what made 1 watchable for anyone above the age of 14 was that is was campy, and fun with catchy music. The writing was cliched, the acting off and the plot stupid, just like in a real high school musical. But it got it's point across without shoving it down your throat. This one tried too hard to be a good movie, with a plot for a much older audience than is going to be watching it, what made 1 watchable for anyone above the age of 14 was that is was campy, and fun with catchy music. The writing was cliched, the acting off and the plot stupid, just like in a real high school musical. But it got it's point across without shoving it down your throat. This one tried too hard to be a good movie, with a plot for a much older audience than is going to be watching it, with way too much production to the songs and oh god the dancing.......The only good laugh I had the whole movie was the "angry dance" Troy does. I didn't know west side story was still in style....But all in all the movie just wasn't fun. When the best part comes in the first five minutes you know you are in for a long ride. But i'm sure Disney will ride it all the way to the bank anyway. Expand
  14. JAmieS.
    Aug 18, 2007
    It just surpasses the original and has some great catchy tunes!
  15. AR.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Perfect for its target audience. Catchy music, cute kids and good Clean fun for once.
  16. HarlinN.
    Aug 21, 2007
    The over hype of this movie made people like me think HSM2 wouldn't be a great film...but it turned out to be excellent. A great and original plot, catchy songs, and good acting make this movie one to remember. Disney has a great series on its hands that may compete with some of the best movies series of all time...don't ruin it with a bad HSM 3 in '08.
  17. AmandaS
    Aug 21, 2007
    My daughters ages 7 and 9 loved this movie. It is very age appropriate and a great way for kids to get into musicals. I reccomend for all kids to watch.
  18. StevenS
    Nov 15, 2007
    The entire HSM franchise is not only a disgrace to television but a disgrace to film, musicals, acting, writing, music and any other imaginable art form that has any integrity left. The story falls as flat as the songwriting, and that's saying something. I was convinced that during the short period I watched this that my intelligence was decreasing. It's no surprise that this is The entire HSM franchise is not only a disgrace to television but a disgrace to film, musicals, acting, writing, music and any other imaginable art form that has any integrity left. The story falls as flat as the songwriting, and that's saying something. I was convinced that during the short period I watched this that my intelligence was decreasing. It's no surprise that this is one of the most popular things to have come out of this decade because the market is being controlled by braindead tweeny boppers who care more about looks than talent. This movie has a lot of looks and an embrassing production budget for featuring no real or raw talent. This project is completely devoid of emotion, originality, creativity and passion. Avoid it at all costs. Try watching Pushing Daisies or The Wire instead. Please Expand
  19. michelled.
    Oct 2, 2007
    High school musical was the best ever since the first one came out i just can't stop singing everytime it comes on.
  20. MaganY.
    Aug 18, 2007
    I just saw it and i give it a thumbs up, it's mature than the first, not in a dark sense, The kids are preparing for the summer and they get jobs at Sharpay's country club Humor and trouble ensues, Go check it out, it's good, clean fun.
  21. ChantalG.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Very cute,, great message, good for family viewing
  22. idontknowiunno
    Totally Amazing
  23. JaredC.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Not any better than the first, it sucks. The lyrics for the songs are corny. And the movie doesn't do any better in its story.
  24. JonC
    Aug 21, 2007
    High School Musical 2 was a pleasant surprise. Even through all the hype and the mega success created by its predecessor, it is able to shine with improvements in all areas. The acting is better, the plot is more complex and organized, the dances were lively, and the music and lyrics are better this time around as well. The movie picks up where the last movie left off, except this time High School Musical 2 was a pleasant surprise. Even through all the hype and the mega success created by its predecessor, it is able to shine with improvements in all areas. The acting is better, the plot is more complex and organized, the dances were lively, and the music and lyrics are better this time around as well. The movie picks up where the last movie left off, except this time school's just ended. The kids of East High are off to find summer jobs and Sharpay invites Troy Bolton to work at her parents' country club. Troy, however, brings all of his friends from East High with him, and the plot unfolds. One of the major things that stand out in HSM2 is that the characters are deeper and more thoughtful; as Troy gets ready to enter his senior year, he becomes faced with real dilemmas and is forced to choose between his friends or his future; Sharpay is even more conniving as she uses her power at the country club to toy with Troy's future, throwing promotions and scholarships at his feet to lead him away from his friends, all in the efforts of ensuring that they become East High's star couple; in one instance, a country club manager, under orders of Sharpay, gives Troy a suit and tie, reminding Troy that the tie goes around his neck, "like a dog collar"; Meanwhile, Ryan begins to question Sharpay's authority as he discovers his own independence. Although the movie is still targeted towards children, the acting has definitely improved and most of the more serious moments actually don't feel too silly. Although the movie retains its late 90's pop music vibe, The tunes remain catchier than ever and the lyrics are less cheesy, with the exception of one or two songs. Nonetheless, the songs are clearly relevant to how the characters think and feel, unlike the painfully obvious lyrics and the musical-within-a-musical approach used in the first movie, which I thought made the lyrics of the songs less meaningful given the context. The audio quality, however, sounded muffled and digitized everytime they started singing. Overall, High School Musical 2 was a fun movie to watch. Although it cannot be reviewed on the same standards as you would for the musicals on Broadway (keep in mind the target audience is kids who watch the Disney channel) it was perhaps the most exciting, and energetic Made-for-TV movies I've ever seen and a reminder to Disney that we want more musicals! Expand
  25. nathany
    Aug 20, 2007
    i loved it. i hope this could be the beginning of more family shows on the big four networks. after the ratings of this show.
  26. Petew
    Aug 20, 2007
    The movie was awful, it was worse than Hairspray, The idea of musicals is for Broadway NOT T.V.!
  27. AlyA.
    Aug 22, 2007
    I thought that it was alright, but my niece loved it. I do love musicals so its nice that they are coming back. I was also glad that Zac Efron was allowed to sing in this movie since he was not allowed to do a lot of the singing in the last movie due to the part being written for someone with a slightly higher voice before he was even cast. I thought it was worth watching and I may buy I thought that it was alright, but my niece loved it. I do love musicals so its nice that they are coming back. I was also glad that Zac Efron was allowed to sing in this movie since he was not allowed to do a lot of the singing in the last movie due to the part being written for someone with a slightly higher voice before he was even cast. I thought it was worth watching and I may buy the DVD once its one sale for around 10 bucks but they shouldn't ruin it with a third movie. Expand
  28. gerjoe
    Sep 22, 2007
    I don't dance.
  29. AimanZiaZia
    Mar 4, 2008
    From my perspective the movie was very cheesy to be realistic and East High Wildcats are no where near a realistic portrayl of high school kids but i guess it was meant to be fun and I would atleast respect that.
  30. RyanA.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This is a slap in the face to musicals everywhere.
  31. AllenT.
    Jun 19, 2008
    It is more bleh than bravo.
  32. JoeAverage
    Jun 19, 2008
    Nothing more than a heartless, charmless musical made to take advantage of the horrible post MTV generation.
  33. ChrisK.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Batman & Robin or High School Musical? Which is worse in the gayest way possible? Lets just hope the makers of High School Musical don't direct a Batman movie but then if that happened all the heat Joel Schumacher took would be long forgotten.
  34. KatieJ.
    Jul 21, 2008
    I think that the fact that Troy and Gabriella are so devoted is disgusting! I mean there's no strain in the relationship except for one point. I thought the baseball scene lacked a lot. Overall, I would watch it ONLY IF it was the only thing in the world to watch.
  35. JacobS.
    Aug 18, 2007
    I was highly entertained. I enjoyed the music. That's enough for me :)
  36. NalaniJ.
    Aug 18, 2007
    great movie, Disney did it again
  37. Joel
    Aug 19, 2007
    An all-out, fun-filled musical that's perfectly successful in everything it attempts--putting a smile on your face and a song in your head.
  38. AlbertM.
    Aug 21, 2007
    My daughters and I enjoyed this high powered show better than the first.
  39. jacobr
    Aug 22, 2007
    Is High School Musical 2 better than the original? Good god no. But it provides simple fun for every eleven year old kid. and in the end that's all that really matters
  40. GaryP
    Aug 22, 2007
    Great movie. Good songs and some good acting. Ashley Tisdale's character of Sharpay is the stand out character, but Chad & Ryan are also very good.
  41. JakeE.
    Aug 22, 2007
    Fantastic! I loved every minute of this movie. From the bitchy scenes to the lovey dovey scenes, every minute of this movie shines. Ashley Tisdale proves she is destined for big things, as did performance as Sharpay has to be the show-stealing performance. Ultimately, the bitchy paris-hilton alike, turns good when she realises the error of her ways. The chemistry between Zac Efron and Fantastic! I loved every minute of this movie. From the bitchy scenes to the lovey dovey scenes, every minute of this movie shines. Ashley Tisdale proves she is destined for big things, as did performance as Sharpay has to be the show-stealing performance. Ultimately, the bitchy paris-hilton alike, turns good when she realises the error of her ways. The chemistry between Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens is good, however there acting is much worse then they are alone. Vanessa was massively under used in this movie, whlst Zac's 'Bet On It' was laughable. Corbin Bleu was good, nothing exciting but not bad either. Lucas Grabeel proves that he is great actor with his fantastic performance of Ryan Evans, who proves that he is not his sister's shadow when he becomes friends with the wildcats? Disappointments?- Just one. Monique Coleman was MASSIVEY underused, and when she was used- she was excellent. Expand
  42. Anonymous
    Aug 23, 2007
    PROS! Very good movie, good story, and VERY good cast. The songs are very catchy, maybe even driving you to looking up the lyrics on the internet! All in all, very good movie, must see! CONS:( Not AS good as the 1st one, but very good. Some songs are not as good as the good ones. In the middle, it loses some of it's interest.
  43. nickl
    Aug 23, 2007
    honestly this movie sucked. the songs were terrible and it had the most awful plot line. the first movie was great, and it seemed like they were trying way too hard in this one. they ruined the high school musical experience with stupid drama that shouldn't have happened the way it did.
  44. SaraA.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Horrible. No where close the 1st one. The songs were not catchy. And yea, they were trying way to hard. And the plot was horrible. SPOILER I would ditch my friends for a few days too if it meant a full scholarship to some nice college. What's the big deal?!
  45. JamesC.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Movies this bad show that when this current gerneration becomes adults, our society will become that of what Idiocracy predicted.
  46. SpencerW.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Remember when Disney had crap movies in the 80's, with The Little Mermaid being the only exception? Well, with stuff like this, the Pirates sequels, and Camp Rock, we are seeing a comeback, with both Narnia's being the good ones.
  47. Dec 20, 2010
    This is not even bad - this is an insult to anyone's intelligence. High school musical 2 is the WORST PIECE OF crap I have ever seen in my life. This does not compare to anything.. I am just speechless. It is just horrid and I cannot believe that they make this type of thing for children - no wonder they're getting more stupid! Should be banned from TV.
  48. Feb 16, 2011
    A chant. A chant about summer break (See above). Yes, these were the first lines of several (If not many) bored and maybe tired students. They wanted a nice break from all the hard work they've been doing in school lately. And at last, they get it. And what do? I mean the first thing they do? Sing! Dance! Yes, you heard right! The students of East High are now thrilled. They're onA chant. A chant about summer break (See above). Yes, these were the first lines of several (If not many) bored and maybe tired students. They wanted a nice break from all the hard work they've been doing in school lately. And at last, they get it. And what do? I mean the first thing they do? Sing! Dance! Yes, you heard right! The students of East High are now thrilled. They're on vacation...At least for now anyway...Hello again, everyone! I, Drama Storm am back to give you the one-up on the High School Musical sequel. What did I think of it? It was very good, but they could have done just a little better. Nonetheless, it gets a passing grade. And Gabriella and Troy are still in love. Now if only they could catch a moment alone to be together... Expand
  49. Apr 26, 2012
    Although way worst than the first film, and featuring a nails on the chalkboard performance from Ashley Tisdale; it has some great music to make it entertaining.
  50. Jan 11, 2012
    In a weird way it is better than the first one. But just for a little. The story is almost the same. Mustly of the film sounds stupid. Anyway it is better, but it gives me headaches.
  51. Dec 29, 2012
    Four years ago, I was the High School Musical biggest fan. I remember I didn't like the 2nd movie as the 1st and the 3rd, but it is great. It was THE film of my childhood.
  52. Sep 2, 2013
    De casualidad alguien se dio cuenta de que parece una parodia de GREASE. Esta película es tan mala que me dan pesar con las personas que gastan su tiempo y dinero en este fiasco de película.
  53. Mar 15, 2014
    the fact that another high school musical sequel is still gay like the first one but the there resorted place it is okay but still sucks .................

1. When they're genuinely goofy, they make you grin--but too much of it feels forced.
  2. High School Musical 2 s zippier, bouncier, prettier, more soulful and even more musical than its predecessor, and that's saying something.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Disney's HSM2 delivers precisely what's required. And America is all ears.