High School Musical 2

6.3

1. georgeh.
    Oct 1, 2007
    We're getting used to less than mediocre television! The HSM craze is raking in the bucks but it's horribly written stuff. You can put glitter on a turd but it will still smell like!
  2. WilliamT
    Jul 2, 2008
    I may be a little harsh here, but I do believe that the public needs to learn the truth. High School Musical 2 is shockingly mediocre. The whole teeny bopper cast sings and dances it's way through the whole 120 predictable, boring minutes. Just so you don't realise how rubbish it actually is. The plot is predictable and unoriginal and the music does nothing to help it along. The I may be a little harsh here, but I do believe that the public needs to learn the truth. High School Musical 2 is shockingly mediocre. The whole teeny bopper cast sings and dances it's way through the whole 120 predictable, boring minutes. Just so you don't realise how rubbish it actually is. The plot is predictable and unoriginal and the music does nothing to help it along. The reason this movie is so popular is thanks to all the tween girls that paid money to see Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens on the screen because they are visually appealing. Avoid watching this and watch something else that will interest you and not infest your mind with corny, friendship inspired songs that will invade your poor brain for days. Expand
  3. megalomaniac
    Oct 12, 2007
    Aside from the sappy tunes and the almost repetitive dance moves and the not so brand new tunes, the sequel to HSM is totally forgettable. It still features the cheesy and overly "cutesy" acting of Vanessa Hudgens and the Zac Efron (whose dance steps in "Bet on It" makes him like a totally hot gay dude). But I have to give credit for the attempt to fuse various kinds of music genres to Aside from the sappy tunes and the almost repetitive dance moves and the not so brand new tunes, the sequel to HSM is totally forgettable. It still features the cheesy and overly "cutesy" acting of Vanessa Hudgens and the Zac Efron (whose dance steps in "Bet on It" makes him like a totally hot gay dude). But I have to give credit for the attempt to fuse various kinds of music genres to one show, though the attempt was in futility. After the scandal of Vanessa Hudgens, i doubt there will be a HSM3 in the works. (i seriously hope not.) Expand
  4. marks.
    Aug 18, 2007
    what made 1 watchable for anyone above the age of 14 was that is was campy, and fun with catchy music. The writing was cliched, the acting off and the plot stupid, just like in a real high school musical. But it got it's point across without shoving it down your throat. This one tried too hard to be a good movie, with a plot for a much older audience than is going to be watching it, what made 1 watchable for anyone above the age of 14 was that is was campy, and fun with catchy music. The writing was cliched, the acting off and the plot stupid, just like in a real high school musical. But it got it's point across without shoving it down your throat. This one tried too hard to be a good movie, with a plot for a much older audience than is going to be watching it, with way too much production to the songs and oh god the dancing.......The only good laugh I had the whole movie was the "angry dance" Troy does. I didn't know west side story was still in style....But all in all the movie just wasn't fun. When the best part comes in the first five minutes you know you are in for a long ride. But i'm sure Disney will ride it all the way to the bank anyway. Expand
  5. StevenS
    Nov 15, 2007
    The entire HSM franchise is not only a disgrace to television but a disgrace to film, musicals, acting, writing, music and any other imaginable art form that has any integrity left. The story falls as flat as the songwriting, and that's saying something. I was convinced that during the short period I watched this that my intelligence was decreasing. It's no surprise that this is The entire HSM franchise is not only a disgrace to television but a disgrace to film, musicals, acting, writing, music and any other imaginable art form that has any integrity left. The story falls as flat as the songwriting, and that's saying something. I was convinced that during the short period I watched this that my intelligence was decreasing. It's no surprise that this is one of the most popular things to have come out of this decade because the market is being controlled by braindead tweeny boppers who care more about looks than talent. This movie has a lot of looks and an embrassing production budget for featuring no real or raw talent. This project is completely devoid of emotion, originality, creativity and passion. Avoid it at all costs. Try watching Pushing Daisies or The Wire instead. Please Expand
  6. JaredC.
    Aug 19, 2007
    Not any better than the first, it sucks. The lyrics for the songs are corny. And the movie doesn't do any better in its story.
  7. Petew
    Aug 20, 2007
    The movie was awful, it was worse than Hairspray, The idea of musicals is for Broadway NOT T.V.!
  8. AimanZiaZia
    Mar 4, 2008
    From my perspective the movie was very cheesy to be realistic and East High Wildcats are no where near a realistic portrayl of high school kids but i guess it was meant to be fun and I would atleast respect that.
  9. RyanA.
    Jun 19, 2008
    This is a slap in the face to musicals everywhere.
  10. AllenT.
    Jun 19, 2008
    It is more bleh than bravo.
  11. JoeAverage
    Jun 19, 2008
    Nothing more than a heartless, charmless musical made to take advantage of the horrible post MTV generation.
  12. ChrisK.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Batman & Robin or High School Musical? Which is worse in the gayest way possible? Lets just hope the makers of High School Musical don't direct a Batman movie but then if that happened all the heat Joel Schumacher took would be long forgotten.
  13. nickl
    Aug 23, 2007
    honestly this movie sucked. the songs were terrible and it had the most awful plot line. the first movie was great, and it seemed like they were trying way too hard in this one. they ruined the high school musical experience with stupid drama that shouldn't have happened the way it did.
  14. SaraA.
    Sep 19, 2007
    Horrible. No where close the 1st one. The songs were not catchy. And yea, they were trying way to hard. And the plot was horrible. SPOILER I would ditch my friends for a few days too if it meant a full scholarship to some nice college. What's the big deal?!
  15. JamesC.
    Jun 19, 2008
    Movies this bad show that when this current gerneration becomes adults, our society will become that of what Idiocracy predicted.
  16. SpencerW.
    Jul 12, 2008
    Remember when Disney had crap movies in the 80's, with The Little Mermaid being the only exception? Well, with stuff like this, the Pirates sequels, and Camp Rock, we are seeing a comeback, with both Narnia's being the good ones.
  17. Dec 20, 2010
    This is not even bad - this is an insult to anyone's intelligence. High school musical 2 is the WORST PIECE OF crap I have ever seen in my life. This does not compare to anything.. I am just speechless. It is just horrid and I cannot believe that they make this type of thing for children - no wonder they're getting more stupid! Should be banned from TV.
  18. Sep 2, 2013
    De casualidad alguien se dio cuenta de que parece una parodia de GREASE. Esta película es tan mala que me dan pesar con las personas que gastan su tiempo y dinero en este fiasco de película.
  19. Mar 15, 2014
    the fact that another high school musical sequel is still gay like the first one but the there resorted place it is okay but still sucks .................

1. When they're genuinely goofy, they make you grin--but too much of it feels forced.
  2. High School Musical 2 s zippier, bouncier, prettier, more soulful and even more musical than its predecessor, and that's saying something.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Disney's HSM2 delivers precisely what's required. And America is all ears.