4.4

1. Aug 13, 2014
    A brainless plot combined with some satisfying, for what it promises, music. Pretty much more for kids than young adults, although it is doubtful if there is a meaning or a lesson in all this. The actors are quite passionate for such a flick. Watchable, if you are out of films to watch.
  2. Apr 6, 2014
    High School Musical is a light, banal musical movie that never moves beyond average. Even the dance numbers scream yawn. They also scream cheesy, kid-friendly entertainment, which might not be so bad for that age group.
  3. Mar 15, 2014
    sometimes disney films can be gay . why would they add zac efron and Vanessa Hugends . take my advice do not see it . sometimes for musical movies they add a lot of gay crap .
  4. Apr 26, 2012
    With some great music and exposing new talents, you can't help feel and see the many cliches that it took to put this film together. That being said it is great fun.
  5. Jan 11, 2012
    This musical could be better if the acting weren't bad, but it is, I must admit that the choreography was colourful and had rhythm, but the story didn't convinced me. It tries to be funny sometimes. A typical teenager film.
  6. Sep 25, 2011
    I can't believe this overrated, unoriginal, soulless, badly-acted, poorly-written crap has become the new face of Disney! The songs are bland and unmemorable, the characters are stuck-up and deplorable, and the movie itself has no heart or charm whatsoever.Whatever happened the Disney Princesses? Little girls would rather look up to shallow, arrogant brats like Sharpay (or however you spell her name) and Hannah Montana! Talk about sad! Expand
  7. Feb 28, 2011
    The World's Most Uncreative Movie Of 2006! The "Movie" Was Cute For About A Second, Because Of The Popularity Of The Movie! When You Hear A Song 1 Million 7 Thousand 2 Hundred And 77 Times You Dont Want To Hear It Again!!!!
    The Music Is Very Poor, With Uncreative Lyrics. The Acting Is Really Bad, Because None Of The Cast Has Been In Any Thing Good.
    I Think I Am Being Pretty Nice To Give
    This Movie A 2! Expand
  8. Feb 16, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the story of a guy and a girl, who met and fell in love in high school. The students were having a disco party at a club somewhere. The guy loved basketball, while the girl had yet to find herself. Then, everyone in the clubhouse couldn't believe it! The guy and the girl! They started singing! They sang together; captivating the audience. Once their song was over, everyone was talking about them! They could not believe how talented Troy Bolton was! He was sporty and he could sing?...Hello, everyone! As you can see, High School Musical (The first) is one of the best musicals I had ever seen. There is another one I have yet to review, but right now, High School Musical has the spotlight. This movie is a perfect example of a love story. Want to know more? Check out High School Musical's Official Site online. Thank you. Expand
  9. Dec 20, 2010
    This is one of the most atrocious things American TV has done to their kids. Dumbing millions of children, and not just in the US, it has managed to destroy the work of millions of parents at teaching their kids how to think. Wow. Good work, HSM!

There are no critic reviews yet.