High School of the Dead : Season 1

• Network: AT-X
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 5, 2010
7.7

1. Sep 8, 2013
    This anime is terrible. I don't consider myself an expert in the matters of what is and isn't good anime, but this show was just obnoxious from beginning to end, and I'm totally ignoring the over-the-top sexual innuendo. That's presented pretty quickly just from the cover art, so if you're not expecting it, you're just dumb. My main problems are with the fact that the situations they findThis anime is terrible. I don't consider myself an expert in the matters of what is and isn't good anime, but this show was just obnoxious from beginning to end, and I'm totally ignoring the over-the-top sexual innuendo. That's presented pretty quickly just from the cover art, so if you're not expecting it, you're just dumb. My main problems are with the fact that the situations they find themselves in are pretty ridiculous and the characters are just annoying. I know people praise this show for "deep" characters, but I honestly don't see it. A few sentences about how you were picked on as a kid, miss your parents, or will protect someone no matter what do not make for deep characters.

I would highly suggest avoiding this one. The animation is pretty darn good, I'll give it that, but pretty wrapping on a crap in a box... well you've heard that metaphor before.
  2. Oct 10, 2016
    I wanted to watch good hentai-style anime with good story. I was recommended with this title. Well, this certainly isn't hentai and whats even more disappointing there's no good "story". I would be more than satisfied with the amount of erotic content on this if the whole plot wasnt so bland and uninspired. Characters of these show react unnaturaly to the situations theyre in, overallI wanted to watch good hentai-style anime with good story. I was recommended with this title. Well, this certainly isn't hentai and whats even more disappointing there's no good "story". I would be more than satisfied with the amount of erotic content on this if the whole plot wasnt so bland and uninspired. Characters of these show react unnaturaly to the situations theyre in, overall making a really bad impresion. After playing Steins;Gate I was devastated by how dumb HSOTD is. 3 in the score is for awesome graphic. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.