High School USA! : Season 1

• Network: FOX
  • Series Premiere Date: Jul 21, 2013
4.5

1. Jul 29, 2013
    Basically, this is a badly animated and badly written spoof of Archie comics. It has parodies of the main character, like a closet gay Archie, slutty and "awkwaaaaard" Betty and Veronica, and a bully Moose. To make it (ironically?) P.C., "Veronica" is Asian, and there is a Afro-American nerd thrown in the mix. Yes, this is Highschool USA...

Unlike the very tame and lame Archie, this

Unlike the very tame and lame Archie, this show handles many subject that are very 2013, such as bullying and homosexuality. However, this is done very crass and poorly, and it just reminds you of how GOOD a show like South Park actually is.

Maybe the writing will improve, but I'm afraid the atrocious animation will be kept the same. It's probably done to be ironic or something like that, but it's just horribly done. Cheap is the word that springs to mind. Again, check South Park on how GOOD simple animation can be.
  2. Aug 1, 2013
    The humor isn't dark...It's dumb.

I expected more...An Asian Veronica and African American nerd makes me bored and sad....It's just lame.
    Shark jumped on first episode. I really don't get the point of view...It seems like boring clueless people trying to be edgy. What happened to Mr. Stamapopolous?
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    Utterly terrible story-line, they tried using dark humor but they just came off as being insulting rather than witty. The conflicts in the show are mediocre and the resolutions are not much better. save yourself some time and watch anything else.
  4. Sep 24, 2015
    This was one of the worst animated shows that fox has ever put out. It was unfunny, the characters are either forgettable, as uninteresting as unbuttered toast with the unbuttered toast being more interesting, or just plain unlikable.The stories just bored me or in the case of the episode about career day, just plain pissed me off! and the animation style as a whole wasThis was one of the worst animated shows that fox has ever put out. It was unfunny, the characters are either forgettable, as uninteresting as unbuttered toast with the unbuttered toast being more interesting, or just plain unlikable.The stories just bored me or in the case of the episode about career day, just plain pissed me off! and the animation style as a whole was just.....blah.People at school can be stupid but i rather deal with my own school than watch this garbage. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Willa Paskin
    Jul 19, 2013
    Any way you look at it, it doesn’t quite scan--which is the point, probably. The show’s not meant to be dissected; it’s meant to be watched as the makers intended: more than half-blazed.
  2. Reviewed by: Mike Hale
    Jul 19, 2013
    A broad and dull spoof of the Archie gang, slides down the wall quickly.
  3. Reviewed by: Pete Ski
    Jul 19, 2013
    Most viewers will recognize the South Park-like humor, critiquing the problem by critiquing the mainstream response to it. But unlike South Park, which usually offers something like “hope”(however sarcastically rendered), High School USA! is mostly just bleak.