• Network: Chiba TV
  • Series Premiere Date: Apr 4, 2006
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.0

1. Jul 8, 2012
    Very Confusing but fantastic when it all comes together it is something
  2. Sep 7, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If you say Higurashi is nothing but bloody, get off here. Now. Sure, the characters in Higurashi die every few episodes.
    Sure, they die bloody deaths, even though they're so cute.
    But it's not just bloody. It's confusing.
    When you first start watching, most of it probably won't make sense. Every arc starts off normally, then they get killed.
    Brutal murders. Then when it repeats itself and everyone's magically alive again, you'll be sitting there wondering what just happened.
    The power of Higurashi. It's not only bloody, not only confusing. It bears a message of friendship. That even at your lowest times, your friends will be there.
    To support you.
    Even though you say you don't need the help.
    Even though you think no one can help you. Your friends will always be there. Always. Lots of messages on friendships.
    All the misconceptions we have about friendship. "Friends. Those companions you speak of are only friends during those fun, yet unimportant times. When painful times come, they won't be your ally." Keiichi proved you wrong, Rena.
    Because your friends will always be there. No matter what happens. "I know everyone has their stories of pain and sadness, or things that they don't want to bring up. But if you can't be a good friend without telling that, then I don't need any friends at all!"
    If Mion hadn't said that, I don't know what'd happen to my life.
    You know how people say friends can't keep secrets from each other? Well, I don't agree, and Mion doesn't agree either. 'Coz friendship's not just about secrets.
    It's about who you are. It's about being a friend. It bears a message of hope. A message of always hanging on, always trying.
    "Are you watching, Nii-nii? Satoko has become this much stronger!" Always hanging on, trying to survive, trying to be strong.
    Even after repeatedly getting killed. Even after repeatedly suffering the same horrible end. "Next time, I won't make the same mistake...I promise."
    To realized the mistakes you've been making, like Shion realized what she'd done. "I will live past June 1983, and then I am going to grow much taller, my breasts are going to get bigger. I'm not going to stay in a child's body for the rest of my life!"
    To be determined, like Rika was. "I'm prepared for anything! Up until now... I have been running away from every fight, afraid of losing. But running away is even worse than losing. Unless one continues to fight without succumbing to the pain of defeat it is impossible to achieve victory. That is what people I love taught me." To, like Hanyuu, face your fears. To still get up, and believe that fate can be changed. "We will break this so called "fate", together."
    Keiichi, you don't know how true your words are.
    See how powerful Higurashi is? See how meaningful it is, beyond all the blood? Because it's not just about the blood. Sure, people watch it for the blood.
    But that's not the most important.
    Besides, the blood isn't really that much after a few arcs.
    Because Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is just that anime that no one understands, but once you do understand it, it'll mean everything to you. Because it's just that meaningful.
  3. Aug 28, 2013
    Absolutely amazing anime that will suck you in from the first episode to the last. The characters are fantastic and the story is dramatic with many twists and memorable scenes.

There are no critic reviews yet.