• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Feb 15, 2013
  • Season #: 1
5.5

1. Mar 29, 2013
    Interesting. Its a good watch I guess, but unfortunate in that it basically chronicles the downfall of the music industry leading to current day goings ons. In the end, all they care about is money, not music, not friendships, not fans... which is pretty pathetic. Personally, I find the arrogance of Don and Glen (who's egos the movie is basically all about) ridiculous, especiallyInteresting. Its a good watch I guess, but unfortunate in that it basically chronicles the downfall of the music industry leading to current day goings ons. In the end, all they care about is money, not music, not friendships, not fans... which is pretty pathetic. Personally, I find the arrogance of Don and Glen (who's egos the movie is basically all about) ridiculous, especially considering that they didn't even write many, if not most of the biggest 'Eagles hits. The way they treated/treat and talk about band members really gets on my nerves. Without those three original members which they seemingly so easily discarded and to this day do not give proper accolades, they would never have reached such success they see today. Talented musicians and great band, yes, but give credit where credit is due. Some of the music and rare footage is cool. The late 70's were an amazing time in American music... but those days are LONG gone. Funny how they downplay the hidden messages in their art/music, yet later go on to say they put our own messages into everything, but will never share what those are with anyone.

It is worth watching, but if you know anything about music, bands, that period of time or perhaps were there, most likely you'll be happy, sad and pissed off all at the same time as I was. Also, the brief, but graphic nudity in the film makes this unwatchable for children, which is again unfortunate.
  2. Feb 19, 2013
    It seemed like the whole show was on the reunion in '94. What about how they first got together Recording their first album Their first big tour ps Don Henley is an ****

Mostly it was great for fans of that era of rock music...but I hope part 2 is more about the early days.

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Feb 19, 2013
    It does fine when it sticks to the music and the basic story, then stutter-steps a little when it starts to suggest that, say, the Eagles defined a memorable era.
  2. Reviewed by: Sarah Rodman
    Feb 14, 2013
    Plenty of ground goes unplowed, both personal (there is almost no discussion of wives or family), and business (including the era of exorbitant ticket pricing they helped to usher in), but there’s enough here to give Eagles fans a captivating History lesson.
  3. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Feb 14, 2013
    There's a lot of good footage early on of '70s L.A., the folk-rock singer-songwriter scene, and how Don Henley, Glenn Frey, and the rest created a hit sound.