• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
8.2

1. Oct 3, 2012
    Breaking bad and this show are way above anything else currently on television. Amazing everything. Do yourself a favor and check out the show. The critics are dead on.
  2. Oct 19, 2012
    Possibly the best show I've seen in my life. There is constant suspense, you never know what will happen next, and, unlike a lot of shows, it tries to maintain a certain level of believability.
  3. Oct 1, 2012
    The best show on Tv is back and is better than ever, New tist and turns that you would have never expected. Homeland Season 2 is definitely going to win Oscars at the next year's emmy.
  4. Oct 27, 2012
    Claiming that this is top tier TV is just wrong. The acting is very good, particularly Danes, Patinkin and Lewis, but this season is a classic example of the "how do we flog this for another hit" when the first one so obviously wrote itself into a corner. I would give Breaking Bad, The Wire, Deadwood all 10s, but everyone seems to be putting this in the same sphere, which is farcical. The plot is just stupid and patronising (why would Abu Nazir be an ally to Hezbollah?!!). Even under extreme pressure, we have to believe that a US soldier would convert to islam because he witnessed an event every soldier knows his government is complicit in - having then returned and had an epiphany about his family, he decides to remain allied to the same set of arguably worse innocent civilian killers. I don't mind 24, silly stuff like that, but this presents itself as serious political drama. It's getting boring as well.... Expand
  5. Oct 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has become completely unrealistic and absurd. You can't be a CIA agent and have bi-polar disorder, but if you do have it evidently you can go to the Middle East on the CIA's behalf to get intelligence for them from one of your former contacts. Revealing Carrie's disorder to her bosses killed the show after just one season. Also, what about the classified documents she had in her personal possession? She should be in prison for season 2. What a waste this show turned out to be. I watched the 1st season right after hearing about the Emmy wins. I thought if it can beat Breaking Bad, Mad Men, AND Boardwalk Empire it must be good, but I thought wrong. It WAS a very good show (not close to the 3 I just mentioned) but they turned it into the same unrealistic story 24 was. The writers & creators just play the audience for idiots while they count their money. How anyone could give this show a positive score is beyond me. I would give this show a negative score if I could. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time even getting started with it. Expand
  6. Dec 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Homeland Season 2 is awful.
    Even if you can get over the huge plot holes and awfullness (I can't) (The CIA mole, is a double agent, for another organization, to assassinate a congressman, but then not, why?, A nutjob Schizo is not only on the case for the CIA, but solves EVERYTHING and everyone else is worthless). And Brody, good one second, bad another, all while ditching his family? Why? The show is officially awful.
  7. Dec 17, 2012
    This season was complete crap, Brody should have died in season 1 and the characters should have moved now the show has become a forced and horrible love story instead of a spy story
  8. Oct 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. While the acting is as sublime as season one, I am having a hard time suspending disbelief with some of the action in season 2 through episode 2. This is not to say I hate the show but I wonder why nobody else seems to be bothered by these crazy plot holes.

Just a few of my questions below.

I know they try to explain away Brody's access to classified information because he may be a VP candidate, but come on. A first term representative is watching live feeds of the US attempting to kill the most wanted man in the world?

Even getting past that we are supposed to believe that all of our best targets are kept on a one page list that is kept in a 4 button combination safe. Also, said list is accessible if you can be alone in an office for two minutes. If I is that easy why not just pay off a janitor rather than risk a deep cover terrorist that is a congressman? Even if we get past that, we are to believe that Brody could really save Nazir with a text from the situation room. One would think that international texts during top secret missions might be blocked or at least tracked. Domestic texts for that matter too.

Finally, I am dreading how they get around Brody being exposed by the video Sal finds at the end of episode 2. If the beginning of this season is any indication it will be beyond belief!
  9. Dec 30, 2012
    This is a shockingly overrated series. The plot is utterly, ridiculously beyond any shadow of credibility, with the shifts in character loyalties and incessant hints at hidden agendas a never-ending bore, and an absolutely hilarious, shockingly shallow take on the secret-service and analyst work (and I am saying this as one who, apparently, happens to know a lot more about it than the screenwriters). I should conclude that not in this world, nor in any alternative universe, would a whack-job such as the Claire Danes character pass the tests and clearances to land a secret service field job (this has nothing to do with the actress being horribly miscast, rather with how the part is written), and that on any sane planet, this show would be dropped by the audiences after Season 1 at the latest. I was hoping it would improve with time, or that the critics were right this time, but had to drop it after four episodes as a complete waste of time. Expand
  10. Oct 12, 2012
    Best show on tv right now in my opinion. Each episode just takes things way off my expectation (In a good way) , absolutely brilliant! Can't wait to see where they go with this. If you haven't watched this show yet please do! You will not be disappointed.
  11. Nov 3, 2012
    Homeland is simply the best on television at the current moment. The excellent written plot that comes with a twist, makes you simply addicted and forces you to watch 1 episode after the other. Great cast, and once again the best there is. People who give negative reviews, i struggle to understand what the hell popped up in your brain.
  12. Jan 13, 2013
    Comparing this to Breaking bad is a travesty. The acting is just too over the top from Claire Danes. The story is terribly unbelievable. I'm still not really sure what her role in the CIA is was, because the characters all over the map. Besides the fact that there is no way she would be even IN the CIA. There is way too much incorrect information in the show for me. I LOVE THE PREMISE. But the execution is awful, with far too many holes. I'd like to think the US government isn't this stupid, otherwise we'd all be dead by now. Expand
  13. Dec 25, 2012
    The people writing negative reviews are either upset Breaking Bad fans or they have no idea what real television is. Homeland is one of the best written and acted TV shows in history. Every character, every episode, it is as near flawless as you could ever expect. Damien is a master actor and so is Claire. I saw someone writing a review giving this a ZERO and trying to say that Damien should have died in season 1. This is absolutely insane because the show revolves around him. That is like saying Bryan Cranston should have been killed off of Breaking Bad. It is nonsense. Do not believe the haters, this show is amazing. Expand
  14. Oct 3, 2012
    The first season of Homeland began with an interesting premise, and ended on a fantastic note. The second season builds upon the successful elements of the first season, chiefly the suspense and a strong cast of characters, both leading and supporting. It was truly a work of art. Claire Danes affirms my belief that she is one of Hollywood's most dedicated actresses. She portrays an individual suffering from bipolar disorder with laudable accuracy and pure realism. With a riveting start, I am positive that the season will continue to feed my fascination and appetite for excitement. I do not expect for there to be a dull moment. Collapse
  15. Dec 17, 2012
    Still a good show but its all getting a bit silly ...and Claire Danes character is waay to over - emotional and weepy...especially for a so-called CIA agent. The romance that is on and off again between the 2 main protagonists makes little sense also.
  16. Nov 26, 2012
    This show gets better and better with each episode. I was a bit skeptical at first on how far they could take a story line about an American Hero turned traitor, but they continue to amaze me on the direction they are taking. Great acting, great story, great suspense, great characters.
  17. Oct 12, 2012
    Every episode is like watching a four-star Hollywood thriller, it's that good. The plot twists are insane. Brilliant acting all around- Claire Danes will be a legend for her performance.
  18. Oct 29, 2012
    This show is really above and beyond everything on television, breaking bad and homeland probably have the best writing and acting out of any show ever created.
  19. Oct 26, 2012
    People had been telling me since last season I had to watch Homeland. Sick one weekend a couple of months back I added Showtime and watched all of the first season back to back in one sitting. Couldn't stop watching. Season 2 hasn't disappointed and I can't wait to see each episode every Sunday night. This has made it into my top five and is probably my number 1 drama now. Great acting, writing and stories. It's like 24 with a bi-polar, female Jack Bauer. Expand
  20. Dec 13, 2012
    At first I was pretty skeptical to watch this series, I thought it was still a series that dealt with terrorism again, the American house superhero who will save the world against the evil Arabs, but I was surprised by the quality of the acting in particular Claire Daines & Damian Lewis and especially the originality of the script
  21. Mar 17, 2013
    Season One was great, but Season Two was just plain awful. Almost all good shows jump the shark at some point, but this one went bad in a hurry. So sorry to see this show get all sorts of "24" stupid (circa Seasons 5 thru 8) so quickly.
  22. Oct 3, 2012
    I like this first episode of the new season a lot. We know the characters well now so the pacing has picked up. Not only that but the premise looks like it will be just as intense and interesting as last season's (if not more so). Co-developer, writer Howard Gordon (24) knows what he's doing.
  23. Dec 19, 2012
    Just like last season, Homeland delivers those tense moments that have you on edge. I thought this season's plot was again well done and the actors did a great job. The finale left me with anticipation for next season with a major question unanswered.
  24. Dec 18, 2012
    I was a bit skeptical about Season 2 of Homeland. Frankly, my skepticism grew even bigger after watching central episodes (5,6,7), but the series regained momentum in the last four shows. Its biggest positive aspects are the bond that the viewer creates with every character, the constant suspense as to what their true intentions are, the unexpected plot turnrounds, and overall spy-movie atmosphere. Its biggest flaw? Sometimes it seems worthless to watch the whole episode, as the real plot-twisters come always at the end of each episode. Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2012
    This weeks show used a silly daughter to just fill time. Clair Danes always seems to be running around for no real purpose. Is she an agent or not. The entire hit and run made no sense except, that the poor girl got to throw Brody's daughter out of her house!!!
  26. Oct 25, 2012
    Homeland is one of the best shows on television right now. This and Breaking Bad are the only really great dramas on TV. The difference between the two is that Breaking Bad moves at a slow pace, wheres Homeland moves and develops are 100 miles an hour. Things are constantly being revealed, and just when you think the writers have cornered themselves, they easily write there way out of it. Claire Danes is the best actress on television and Damian Lewis is a fantastic actor. The entire cast can really act (besides the guy who plays Brody's friend Mike) and the writing is terrific. A great all around show. Expand
  27. Dec 28, 2012
    Aside from maybe one so-so episode this season of Homeland is just as good as the first. I didn't think it was possible but Claire Danes & Damien Lewis topped what they both showed in the debut season. Season two allowed more of the main cast to showcase what they could do, most notably Morgan Saylor & Morena Baccarin who both have moments of brilliance this year. This is the kind of show that comes around maybe twice a decade at best. Believe what you've heard when it comes to the massive praise this show has attained. Best show of 2012! Expand
  28. Dec 20, 2012
    Homeland is still one of the best series on television. In this season, the acting was even better, the Carrie-Brody moments were downright beautiful. There were a lot of twists and turns and they were handled properly. I must say that the writers of the show are so daring and great at what they do. Of course there were a few plotholes in this season especially in the finale but I refrain myself from calling them plotholes as they'd be explained in next season properly (hopefully!). So much happened in this season and I only hope for more in the next season and I really want it to be even better than the first season. Expand
  29. Oct 3, 2012
    This is a show that knows what it's doing. The writing is crisp, as is the directing. The acting is amazing, especially Danes, Lewis, and Patinkin.
  30. Dec 17, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The wait for Season 2 was at an all time high. Waiting for September 30th, 2012 was nearly impossible. Finally Season 2 started and we were excited..... that was until they realized that Carrie was telling the truth. Discovering the hidden tape that showed Brody's confession to bombing the Vice President and other political figures just minutes after Tom Walker killed congresswoman in Season 1. Obviously that suicide bombing failed, and the tape was discovered by Saul and brought to the attention of CIA head David Estes. Nick Brody was suddenly a confessed enemy of the state and after 4 maybe 5 episodes suddenly the premise of the show..... no longer existed. Brody was in love with Carrie, he was also part time CIA member as well as a Congressman and being nominated for Vice President, and still also a part-time terrorist working with Abu Nazir, who later came to the US..... only to be murdered. From episode 5 till episode 11 and 30 minutes into episode 12 it felt as if the show was ending for good even though the show was quickly renewed for Season 3. The weird and somewhat forbidden love that was Carrie and Brody was incredibly dull and made no story progression until the season finale. It was just sort of there with more sneaking off and sex. Only this time it was under surveillance of the CIA. The show saw the debut of a new character, Quinn, who was responsible for stabbing Brody in the hand when he wouldn't answer Quinn's interrogation questions honestly. You wondered where the show would travel after the death of Abu Nazir. Would Brody take over as the new worlds biggest terrorist? Would Brody die, and a new terrorist would come to light? And then, at a memorial for the Vice President, a terrorist attack took place killing David Estes and many others. And suddenly, the reasoning for the lackluster season and the shows premise being destroyed suddenly made sense. Carrie and Brody, both attending the Vice President's memorial, left the room, mid-memorial to go have an afternoon sex session mainly so Carrie could tell Brody that she would choose him over a potential CIA job promotion, actively taking Saul's old spot once Este's got rid of Saul for reasons that didn't make sense. Brody suddenly realized his car in front of the building where the memorial was being held and thus the shocking moment that made the crap season suck. The terrorist attack, the the attack that Congressman Brody will now be blamed for. Did he do it? If he didn't do it, then who did? Regardless, Carrie helped Brody create a new identity and helped him leave the country. The season ends with Brody headed to Canada, essentially a domestic enemy on the run, and Carrie returning to DC, to the shock of Saul, show that she survived the explosion. The Season 2 finale quite possibly saved the season and maybe the show as a whole. I can't wait for Season 3 now, despite the premise of the show kind of being destroyed. How long can Brody's run from the law last? Super excited. It'll sort of be a whole new show kind of when Season 3 debuts. Expand
  31. Oct 27, 2012
    The first episode was full of nonsense and predictable patterns, but if you accept that inconsistency then the show grows episode after episode, maybe there is hope for a good finale of season after all.
    Claire Danes is yet very very good and intense in her play, a bit less Lewis but still decent. The main plot is finally a bit intriguing even though the show offer too much about
    sidekicks and non interesting stories (like the daughter and her friends) Expand
  32. Oct 28, 2012
    This is one of my favorite shows ever. The writing makes the story line so real. The actors are all exceptional but Claire Danes's performance is good beyond words.
  33. Nov 3, 2012
    A little bit slow at times we try to explore the depths of the characters faults and physcological issues but nonetheless just enough suspense to hook you all over again..Ok we know she is bipolar already!
  34. Nov 10, 2012
    Fabulous acting. Story line has me completely hooked. Very much look forward to each new episode. Best show ever for me! I was a 24 fan, but this is much better.
  35. Nov 18, 2012
    One of the best TV series I've seen! The acting is exceptional, the script is well paced and has meaningful plots. The characters are some of the best rounded characters you can see in a series. Can't wait to see how it ends !
  36. Dec 3, 2012
    Season Two has some of the best acting I've seen on television in years. The episodes are very well directed and, for the most part, production values are strong, although the lower television budgets can be visible at times with motorcades, crowds, etc. The locations are sometimes obviously not metro Washington DC -- sometimes characters are supposed to be in DC yet 25-story buildings are all around them (the city limits buildings to about 14 stories).

The big letdown for me in Season Two is that the writing is not as strong as in the first season. The dialog and characters are still strong, but the plot at times seems implausible. It seems a bit too much like 24 on occasion, which is no surprised, considering some of the writers came from that show. On the whole, I hope the writing in Season Three is stronger -- the writers need to leave the 24 template behind and seek to create their own.
  37. Dec 14, 2012
    Season 2 definitely loses no time in getting back into the thick of things, and it is definitely at the same level of season 1. There are only two detractors to be mentioned, first there is a notable decrease in plot twists compared to the first season, which took a lot of the suspense out, and second, I always felt this trouble emotionally connecting with the main characters. Still, wonderful season. Expand
  38. Dec 24, 2012
    I don't understand how this show can keep receiving positive reviews and have it placed on the top with shows like breaking bad! what moron-ology review method was used??....it is all wrong and fails on key real world drama aspects, if you are or know someone who is a CIA / FBI agent or if you are or know someone who is an arab/ muslim can feel completely alienated and frustrated as the show got the high majority of the facts wrong..what does hezbollah (shia) and a bin-laden-like terrorist cell have in common...NOTHING! they are completely opposite and would wage wars against each other.

The show is unreal, How can a helicopter carrying armed group fly undetected?a swat-like terrorist group can shoot and kill do as it please with no police or security to track them?Bin-laden (AN) could have entered the US by simply shaving his beard? mobile tracking seems to work on an episde basis?a person can run around the VP house with no cameras or security personnel to question him?a high ranking arabic political jouranlist goes unoticed? a homeland security personnel is sick (when the director wants) and that's Okay... why would homeland security use a private company to do their spy stuff? and why in the world such a dedicated jihadist Brody drink, masturb..., commit adultary? and why in the world are arabs countries and towns looks medieval, I flew from Dubai to Beirut to watch
  39. Jan 12, 2013
    As a very dedicated Emmys fan, I really like to go all out, insanity wise, and watch every episode of the current season of every show up for the comedy and drama awards. I did so last year, with this show, season one, and sure, I was impressed. Definitely more so than my personal all-time fav Breaking Bad's fourth season (which seems camp compared to its fifth), and I'm glad it won in Sept. But this season is all but impressive, especially in terms of the standards that it set for itself last year. I really hope in its already confirmed third season the bar the raised. More than hope even, but I suppose some things aren't really meant for anything more than two or three cheap tricks and three months of fun. A one hit wonder, if you will. Anyways, I will be disappointed to tears if this season is nominated for anything, even something as trivial as a meaningless technical award and wins. Was last season worth all the awards? Sure. This season? Absolutely not. Calling it anything over a one or two would be an outright lie. Expand
  40. Jan 17, 2013
    I don't like agreeing with the comments about Clare Danes bad acting as I've only seen her in this role, and the character she plays is very difficult which doesn't really help her. The other brilliant characters and acting of the other members of the cast, mixed with a storyline full of suspense and originality, makes this show one of the best on TV right now. One of the best things about this show for me, is the fact that you are never left on a cliffhanger you can foresee, the show takes you past the point where you think its going to leave you and dumps you off further down the road with 5 more questions and an extra 20BPM tacked onto your pulse. Expand
  41. Feb 1, 2013
    Homeland is the best show I've ever seen.Just when you think it couldn't get any better, it does! And the acting on this show (especially Q&A)proves they deserve all the awards.
  42. Feb 10, 2013
    It's sad to watch a bold show in a free decline like Homeland.
    After a great debut season (that had its flaws when somebody comes back from death without explanation), the second it's a huge disaster, with comical plot turns that are so predictable and useless that you could watch just 5 episodes to have a full appreciation of the entire season.
  43. Mar 1, 2013
    Homeland season 2 is just as jingoistic and far fetched as season 1. The female lead (Carrie)'s increasingly unbalanced shrieking about a cartoon villain named "abu nazir" (yes, he's got brown skin and a beard must be a terr'ist) might seem normal to those fed on a daily diet of American government fearmongering and propaganda but to anybody else it's obviously hysterical and absurd. Virtually nothing comes as a surprise when you realise that Carrie is never wrong about anything it's just a matter of time before anyone who doubts her is proved a fool, and the point is driven home hard that we should spend a lot more time and money on blowing people up and sacrificing liberty in the name of security. Like so many other series these days, the lazy writers can't be bothered to think of a way to engineer any believable moments of tension so they rely almost entirely on people behaving like complete idiots to move the plot forward. In this respect it's about one step up from the Walking Dead. Having said all that, the painfully awkward and unrealistic romance sections are at least vaguely watchable on a human level, and the part of Brody, the male lead, is generally well acted, at least in comparison with the rest of these 1-dimensional caricatures. Expand
  44. Feb 24, 2013
    This show is increasingly implausible with the most ridiculous plot contrivances I had to give up halfway through episode two as it had just got too silly for words. Honestly I cannot believe the positive reviews this is getting. Two great leads are totally wasted.
  45. Mar 22, 2013
    These critics are insane. Homeland Season 2 was a parody of Season 1, which lost a huge amount of credibility in the finale as it is. It insults the viewer's intelligence. And this ridiculous, over-wrought romance? Danes is intolerable with her twitches, tics and overdone moues. And really, I never thought anyone could make the amazing Damian Lewis overact, but this show has achieved that dubious distinction. Season 1 led us to believe that this was a show with credibility & depth. Now we know it was a con. Expand
  46. Aug 31, 2013
    Carrie Mathison is my bro. Honestly, the strongest and balls-to-the-wall most well-acted and realised female character in the history of television. This show constantly plays cat-and -mouse with sense and plausibility but it always finds a way to reset the game higher, even while it loops back to plot points we thought were resolved for once and for all. I don't know how many seasons they can realistically get out of this, but season one and two are dynamite, urm make that C-4... barrels of it. I'm not quite done s2 but hey.... Stay with it, doubters, it'll take you places! I rarely give out 10's, this gets a 10. Expand
  47. Dec 22, 2013
    Just watched the whole season and have to say booooo. The majority of the 12 episodes is about the teenage daughter that whines and complains. Dont understand why the writers made this 13 year old such a part of this particular season. And a brain tarted cia agent is just ridicolous script writing Proves that only the great shows have great second seasons. Anyone can write and make a great first season because you have all the time in the world but a second season has to be made in 12 months, its a stress test for the show writers/creators and they are no good and blew it as shown in this season. Come on people, if you think this is 96/100 television you are bored and easily impressed. I loved season one but this one was hard for me to complete with all the other shows and movies being released. But for this particular show and season to score 96/100 blows my mind. NO GOOD Expand
  48. Dec 25, 2012
    I love me some Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Dexter, and Game of Thrones. But none of those show leave me with such anticipation for the next episode as Homeland does. Homeland is a true masterpiece in terms of writing, narrative, and plot. Can't wait for Season 3.
  49. Dec 27, 2012
    I'm still not quite sure how they pulled something so awesome. This is a masterpiece on the level, that I haven't enjoyed in many years. Right now, on television, I can count things really worth seeing on just one hand and this show is finger number one.
  50. Dec 31, 2012
    More interesting, a best screenplay and much more adrenaline turns Homeland return in the most expected show of 2012. Claire Danes gives us a lesson of acting. This show is growing constantly.
  51. Dec 31, 2012
    Homeland is one of the stronger shows on TV at the moment. The second season takes a few episodes to finds its groove again and suffers throughout from instances of Carrie's hotheadedness and inability to follow orders. I really struggle to believe that such a liability would be employed by the CIA, but hey it's just TV.

The events of the first episode The Smile are just about as
    contrived as possible to bring Carrie, who finished the previous season having electroshock therapy, back into the fold at the Langley. Once Carrie is back, the momentum of the show shifts hugely, one of two shifts in this season, as evidence comes to light that Brody is a terrorist and more importantly that Carrie's theories were correct. Considering the events of the first season and also Carrie's flirtation with suicide in State of Independence, this is a pretty major change in direction for the show as Carrie is no longer alone and frustrated and receives the support (and apologies) of Saul and Estes. The second change in momentum is perhaps even greater and brings Brody into the CIA operation to target Abu Nazir. These shifts keep the show fresh and intriguing and both are delivered in true dramatic Homeland style. The episode Q&A features some great scenes between Carrie and Brody, delivered with great intensity by Claire Danes and Damien Lewis. Even following Brody's switch, the writers manage to retain a sense of distrust and ambiguity over Brody's actions to drive the show forward. He clearly gets away with one act of terrorism during the final episodes but is he responsible for another?

Carrie's health demons play less of a role this time around, instead her relationship with Brody picks up a few gears and there are certainly shades of Romeo and Juliet, as two star crossed lovers who can never truly be together. Mandy Patinkin's understated Saul is one of my most favourite characters on TV.

Steering into 24 territory (unsurprising considering the show's writers), the season ends with a big bang in the fantastic finale The Choice with major consequences for all the major characters.
  52. Jun 19, 2013
    This season was good but no where near as good as season 1. You have the same ingredients as season 1 but this year went a bit overboard. Good but hoping season 3 is as good as season 1, but the way season 2 ended, not sure if it will be able to do it.
  53. Jan 14, 2013
    Excellent First half of the season, the second part is strong, but adapts cliche's, weak plot points with a conclusion that's filled with unsatisfactory results .
  54. Jan 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If I could I'd give this 7.5, but I can't, so an 8 it is.

Homeland is good, the acting very good. However, there have been a lot of weak points in both seasons. In season 2, the weak points include cheap, soapy plot points like the car crash, unbelievable developments, like Carrie conveniently being effectively back in the CIA in episode 1 and Brody texting to Nazir in the middle of a top secret operation, and just a general lack of the excellence that can put it into the top tier.
  55. Mar 25, 2013
    Convoluted, far fetched and frankly boring. Pleased to see the user score is lower than that for Walking Dead, but the critics' rating is ludicrously generous.
  56. Jan 17, 2013
    Season 2 delivers at times to much obvious plot twists which ruins the experience slightly. The acting is still good. Some parts of the show needs to be developed more. It feel like it takes leaps at times that aren't congruent. The show is still that good though. Watch it.
  57. Feb 10, 2013
    Overall, homeland is a great series to watch, the acting can't be better and the thrill makes you want to watch the next episode after the other.
    But, lots of propaganda though throughout the movie, lots of bad image to the Arabs. For instance, first episode, half of it shot in Beirut, Lebanon is totally false. I have been to the country many times, through their airports, and it has
    nothing to do with how it was portrayed in the episode. Their airport is very modern, their city, Beirut, is one of the top 10 most expensive cities in the world, and it's because it is very developed. Expand
  58. Apr 5, 2013
    Solid season.First half was excellent with incredibly orchestrated tension and uncertainty.The second half fell flat on the other hand with illogical,unrealisitic plot points and ridiculous situations.Still a very good show and an enjoyable season with good acting,directing,and solid writing.Season 1 was superior but season 2 is still worth checking out. I give it a 7.7/10 overall.
  59. Jun 24, 2014
    The show is still great, but it begins to fall apart in this season. Way too much romance and no enough plot development to get this show going, but it is still good
  60. Jan 4, 2014
    It deserves an 8 as an averaging result of a 10 of the first half of this season and a 6 of the second half. The first half is as effective as the Season 1 as a character study and as a thriller. But the second half is a mess, it doesn't keep you very engaged, the story unfolds without showing anything new nor very interesting.
  61. May 12, 2013
    It's not about what you people like, dislike, or want for the show. It is about what the critics want to see, what the writers want to write, and what will make money. And that is why many of you people aren't and will never write for the critics side. And who in their right mind compares this show to Breaking Bad? Different network, story, actors, and goal. If ratings were based on all you trolls, no tv series would survive. Move on. Expand
  62. Aug 15, 2013
    When I first started watching Homeland, I was inclined to believe it was overhyped...I was dead wrong in that presumption by the time I got to season 2, which beat out an impossible standard by such a far distance I'm ashamed to say I judged it so harshly from the very beginning.
    I'll cut this review very short, for fear of giving something away, and just state that the second season of
    Homeland takes the most jaw dropping turn in events I've ever seen from a television show, just when you begin to think it's all over. Expand
  63. Sep 16, 2013
    Cómo la web me pide un mínimo de 150 caracteres, y necesito hacer el review para poder tenerla archivada en mi perfil, pues suelto este rollo y mi votación es de 8. Un saludo.
  64. Nov 17, 2013
    Many people were definitely frustrated during the whole first season and so was I. Constantly. And this season offers the best storyline anyone could've hoped for knowing how high the expectations have been since the show first premiered. Season 2 deals with more complicated matters, especially Brody's political career. I know many smart-ass out there fell that the show is nothing like real intelligence, but last time I checked, I watch (fictional) TV shows for the sake of entertainment. If I wanted to learn something real, I'd go watch a documentary or read a book or go teach myself. And the season finale! Totally didn't see it coming! Expand
  65. Jan 4, 2014
    Just watched this for the 1st time. What a crock. Complete nonsense. If it was a Disney show I could buy it, but this is what passes for drama these days????
    Utter nonsensical garbage.

1. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 4, 2012
    The show hasn't lost its clever agility at building pressure-cooker suspense and then lobbing in a surprise. [8 Oct 2012, p.55]
  2. Reviewed by: Tim Goodman
    Oct 1, 2012
    Homeland is as riveting and addictive as when we last saw it, kicking off with no lull in the pulse-pounding action.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Sep 28, 2012
    Given the extravagances of the plot and the characters, that it feels plausibly seated in the real world is a testament to everyone involved in its production. But it is especially due to the actors.