• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
7.0

1. Oct 31, 2013
    This show has already proven to be epic; but Episodes 4 and 5 of Season 3 have really made it shine. Plot is steadily progressing on every direction, which makes the show even more interesting.
  2. Nov 7, 2013
    Disappointing to see that so many gave this season a low review after only a few episodes. They needed to create a transition, it has proved worth the wait. The focus is now less on Brody and more on a new story with the CIA, which has become as intense and interesting.
  3. Oct 1, 2013
    A strong start to new season. Now with Saul is chef, we see and more likely will see more CIA workers and that's a good thing for making the show real. Carrie, just kills it as always. We couldn't see Brody in episode 1 but I reckon he will stay as a mystery and reveal himself slowly. I love how the producers use the characters. I want to mention that there are lots of references to CIA. If you liked season 2, you're gonna like this, too. If you don't, Homeland is still the best you can find on TV. Expand
  4. Oct 3, 2013
    Even thought there wasn't as much action or intensity in this episode, it was a very strong season opener with wonderful performances and moving scenes, which allows the season to grow. Also, when Damian Lewis' character (Brody) returns, the season will just get better.
  5. Oct 9, 2013
    I honestly don't think the overall quality (which is excellent) of the show is any worse than in the first two seasons. I can see why people are making a fuss about this season. However, nothing has really unfolded yet, people are assuming the reasons behind actions of some of the characters and down-rating it based on that. Furthermore I think Quinn's character development has been great and we haven't even seen Brody yet. I am not sure if the show is going to deserve a 10/10 by the end of the season but I am certain it is too early, with a show like this to make a good assessment/critique of the show. Let it play out before condemning it. Expand
  6. Sep 29, 2013
    Not enough TV shows are almost perfect in their entire first two seasons.One of this few series is Homeland.This new season keeps up the tension and encourages us to discover new aspects of Carrie Saul and Dana.
  7. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Homeland is back! Following the events of the season 2 finale, the show feels different, but it is still great. Claire Danes will win another Emmy and Golden Globe award for her performance in this season. I am interested to see how the Brody storyline will play out once he is back. Expand
  8. Sep 29, 2013
    This show just keeps getting better. Season 3 doesn't disappoint at all. Dramatic, surprising and amazing actors and actresses. It's even better than season 1 and season 2.
  9. Oct 13, 2013
    Season 3 takes it's time to deal with the emotional fallout from the devastating ending of season 2. Despite the slower pace and more interpersonal bend, this represents a show attempting to confront the atrocities of aftermath (other shows do it better, such as Top of the Lake, and Rectify) instead of continually denying the pains and repercussions of war. So far, my hats off to an action show who shows a little humanity.

(This review might display extreme bias, I really like this show.)
  10. Nov 6, 2013
    Wow! Don't write this season off too early. Just finished the 6th episode and the last three episodes were some of the best of the series so far. The only snag has been the Dana storyline. I have never cared for that character. I hope it keeps up this pacing until the end of the season.

1. Reviewed by: Robert Rorke
    Oct 3, 2013
    The third-season premiere [of] Homeland delivers a strong episode that repairs much of the damage done last season to this excellent show.
  2. Reviewed by: Jeff Jensen
    Oct 2, 2013
    The business of powerful men demonizing a strong, if suffering, heroic woman makes for layered drama. As usual, Danes throws mind, heart, and jittery chin into making Carrie feel real.... For now, Homeland sans Brody feels too safe, too conventional.
  3. Reviewed by: David Zurawik
    Sep 28, 2013
    Nowhere in the media has the moral question of such [government-ordered] kills been explored with the texture and depth that Homeland brings to [just] one little scene Sunday.