• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.2

1. Dec 2, 2011
    While I think season 1 may have started off a little slow it has definitely picked up within the last couple episodes and is shaping up to be a great addition to this seasons lineup.
  2. Dec 8, 2011
    I'm hooked. Such a refreshing mix of non-cliches, not done-time-and-time-again outcomes, flawed heroes, high emotion, great acting and serious topic(s). A series that really, for once, makes me look forward to what next week's episode might bring. The beginning was a little slow, with just enough of the interesting stuff to keep me tuning in ... and so glad I did, as almost every episode since has left me shaking my head, yet satisfied, yet still wanting more. This is great TV. Expand
  3. Dec 14, 2011
    It may be slow moving, but Homeland is probably the best new show this year. I'd say give it around two episodes, though it isn't till later that it gets really good. If you don't like it after a couple of episodes, it probably isn't something you'll enjoy. Clair Danes is amazing as is most of the cast. With so many misses this season, Homeland is a definite HIT!
  4. Dec 15, 2011
    This show is great, but a bit overrated. What I love about the show is the acting by Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin, which is stellar. The scenes between them are wonderful. And sometimes surprisingly moving. However, what I don't love about this show is the Captain Brody storyline. The back-story for why he has turned is ultimately so disappointing that it discredits the whole show. However, the strengths of this show far outweigh the bad and it is worth your time. Expand
  5. Dec 19, 2011
    What an incredible series!!! I hated that i had to wait a week for a new episode and now i have to wait almost a year for the new season. It is pretty easy to see that the few negative comments had to have come from people who don't enjoy great television. This is a must see and needs to be renewed for at least 10 more seasons!!!
  6. Dec 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think it's natural to want to like something that is critically acclaimed, but try as I might I can't get into Homeland. The season certainly has its moments, specifically Claire Danes raw portrayal of a CIA agent on the edge; and it was fascinating to see how the writers managed to create a plausible scenario that could turn a loyal soldier into a terrorist (although more time could/should have been spent to evolve this from plausible to completely believable). But the series invested so much energy around the "Is Brody a terrorist or not" theme, that I never really felt any connection to the characters. Brody's family were essentially card board cutouts for the majority of the season. Possibly a second viewing of the season, after reflection, could change my opinion. Expand
  7. Dec 21, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I enjoy this show, but many of the technical errors really bug me. What I really do not understand is why on earth did the producers of this show not consult any actual marines or intelligence experts?! Here are a few examples of some errors regarding the military.

SGT Brody's rank changes episode to episode. Watch his shoulder --- sometimes he is a sergeant (E-5) and sometimes he is a gunnery sergeant (E-7) or master sergeant (E-8). The writers could have figured this out with a simple web search.

Secondly, marine NCOs are addressed by their exact rank. If Brody is (as I suspect based upon his years of experience and apparent intelligence) an E-7, he would be addressed as "Gunnery Sergeant" or , more casually, "Gunny." Unlike the army or air force, marines use their full rank, in both spoken and written communication. In this show he is always addressed as just "Sergeant Brody," or simply "Brody." A senior NCO would never be just addressed by his last name; that would be very disrespectful.

Thirdly, what is his unit's job and why is he in DC? I get the feeling that the only reason he is in DC is to be close to the CIA and the action of the show. His actual position in the Marine Corps and his unit's job should be spelled out. Furthermore, it seems highly unlikely that his former boss, the captain who had the affair with Brody's wife, would still be in the same location in the same unit some 8 years after Brody's original capture. Most military officers transfer every 2 to 3 years.

Finally, an actively serving service member cannot run for Congress without first resigning from the military. Military members are not allowed to use their rank or position to gain elected office.

That said, I love the role of Carrie and the use of her mental instability. It really makes me think that perhaps the so-called "crazy" people in society are really the ones who should be trusted!
  8. Apr 13, 2014
    From the creators of 24, comes the thriller Homeland, a show that is much edgier than 24, but lacks the action we've come to expect from this team of writers. What this show lacks in action, it more than makes up for with an intriguing look inside the mysterious CIA.

It's no secret that the CIA is the spy agency in America, that seems to have a hand in everything, but what exactly do
    they do and how do they do it? Can they arrest people? Do they carry guns? Are they really spies? These are all questions answered by the show Homeland, an edge of your seat thriller, that takes you deep inside the inner workings of the most mysterious government organization the world has ever known.

Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) is a CIA analyst, working in Iraq, when one of her contacts tells her that an American prisoner of war has been turned by Al-Qaeda. 6 months later, an American POW is discovered during a raid on an Al-Qaeda compound. The Marine discovered, Sgt. Nicholas Brody (Damien Lewis) comes home to his family, after 8 years, to a heroes welcome, and everyone sees him as such, everyone except for Carrie.

Mathison is immediately suspicious of Brody and puts her career on the line by deciding to stick to the man like glue, she even goes so far as to start a sexual relationship with him, in order to stay close to him. Brody is suffering from a severe case of post traumatic stress disorder, which leads him to do some very strange things. The big question is, whether he's acting this way because he's a terrorist or because he's been damaged by his time in captivity.

I've never been a big Claire Danes fan, because she has a habit of being eccentric and way over the top, but quite ingeniously, the writers use her weaknesses as an actress as a strength for Carrie. Mathison is eccentric, over the top, and unconventional, it's what makes her a terrific agent and very entertaining to watch.

Danes is paired with Damien Lewis who is just out of this world, leading to multiple awards and nominations. I've only seen Lewis playing bit parts in movies, but similar to Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad, he's one of these guys, who comes out of nowhere to land the perfect role. Nicholas Brody is one of the most complicated and intriguing characters I've ever seen and it's his chemistry with Danes that really makes this show as good as it is.

It's rare for me to give a perfect rating, especially to a TV show, but the creators have taken the action and excitement of 24 and put it into a cable show, where they can get away with anything. It's edgier and extremely hard hitting, even though the action has been scaled back. 24 was about an impulsive man, who would do anything to stop terrorism, but Homeland, takes that same storyline and shows you what goes into discovering these acts of violence before they become a down to the second event, requiring the intervention of a Jack Bauer. It is smart, emotional, and will have you craving more. I literally watched the first two seasons in a week an a half, you'd think I'd have gotten sick of it by now, but all I want is for season three to be released, because this show really is that good.
  9. Jan 5, 2012
    Finally, a great show with the best actors yet on TV. This is an example of taking an intriguing story to the highest level possible. I am hooked and wish that is was on more often. Cudos to the producers, directors, writers, actors and Showtime for creating such a masterpiece.
  10. Sep 28, 2012
    If there were and 8.9 I would give it that, I can't give it a 9 because of reasons that I don't want to say because if I do i will ruin the first season for people. Regardless, Claire Danes is the best actress on TV and Damian Lewis is extremely good as well. I say it is the second best drama on TV behind only "Breaking Bad," but it was only the first season. "Homeland" may be able to get on "Breaking Bad's" level eventually. An excellent hour of TV. Expand
  11. Jan 20, 2012
    With strong performances all around, this series is one of the best dramas on TV right now. Great story telling and really engaging shots. Its only fault is the lacking special effects that only occur a couple of times. Other than this....excellent.
  12. Jan 22, 2012
    Set in modern day, and focusing on events that are very relevant to the modern-day American. Gives a different perspective on the terrorist situation. One of the few "thrillers" I have seen that are actually interesting. Usually thrillers are boring to me the whole way through and interesting at the end. This one had some good plot points throughout. Damian Lewis is a favorite actor of mine and he plays his role very well. Expand
  13. Jan 22, 2012
    Is it the best show of the year? No, that would be Breaking Bad. Is it the best new show of the year? Still no, that would be Game of Thrones. Is it a great show? Yes. The writing of the show is iffy for me, but it won't put you to sleep. The season finale was disappointing though. The acting is good for the most part. Claire Danes is great. It's hard not to feel bad for her character.
  14. Feb 12, 2012
    While it does take a few episodes to get interesting but the show is really good. The plot is a little predictable at times though, A huge flaw imo. However there is a lot of action through out the season and the acting is great. A must watch show imo.
  15. Apr 2, 2012
    I was truly speechless when i saw this show. Claire Danes is terrific, her performance just compelling and magnificent and should get the Emmy this year. It is quite atmospheric, subtle and one of a kind. Epic. One of the best shows ever, the best show of 2011. Period!
  16. Feb 8, 2012
    Alas, with the start of the new year, brought with it a season finale with a cliffhanger. Homeland, the hit new TV series has intrigued me from before the airing of the first episode. Much anticipated, the hype surrounding this show has certainly been fulfilled with the intriguing story of Sargent Brody. This is certainly a series to watch. The plot for this show is one unlike I have seen for some time, the adventure that we are taken on through each episode left me quite exhausted, yet at the same time exhilarated. What would they have install for us next week. Would we finally find out where Brody's and Tom Walker (Brody's Marine friend) true allegiances lie. Are they American soldiers undercover, or have they really been turned. I will not ruin the story for those that have not yet seen this show, as I know how I hate it when people do the same to me. So if you do not want to know any details, look away now.

There was however a few things with this show that I didn't feel were necessary to the overall plot. Carrie Mathison the lead role in this show, has some sort of Bi-polar mental disease. Which is somewhat useful in her OCD freak-out in which she maps out Abu Nazir's timeline. I feel that the whole relapse into psychosis is rather unnecessary, as the main character is in essence shut out of helping the CIA in any capacity what so ever. However, the fact that she had a job at the CIA, without them knowing about her situation, is a little unbelievable, considering the employer. Similarly her involvement with Brody seems a little odd, and again how the worlds most intelligent, intelligence agency, did not know she was illegally surveying Brody's house, is quite beyond me. Clearly Carrie Mathison is one character that does bug me, however if this is the only problem I have with this show, then that is okay with me. The season finale is by far my favourite episode, although when is a season finale not good, everything comes together here and any problems I thought I had with the show were dispelled. The finale itself has you wondering about allegiances once again, and just when you think you have it figured, something quite unexpected happens and you are left baffled once again. I cannot wait for season 2, supposedly airing in October. I have a feeling as to what might happen yet in typical Homeland style, chances are I've got it all wrong. I will let you know if my theory is fulfilled come the end of Season 2. Lets hope Carrie can shake her illness and be back to bring down Nazir.
  17. Feb 11, 2012
    Authentic, intense, engaging drama. A class of its own in this genre. Great actors. In fact, very giving, and generous actors. The acting alone deserve our time. Clare Danes is simply fearless. Damian Lewis is a dark horse, a pleasant surprise. David Harewood is a genius of subtlety. Morena Baccarin immense talent is still being under-utilized. Engaging, well-paced, complex, REFRESHING writing /directing style. As long as the show don't descend into over-compressed pacing and cheapening of females with excessive shock-value nudity and taboo sex, more please. Expand
  18. Feb 13, 2012
    Great show. Well acted and unpredictable. You will care about the characters. Best show all year. I can't wait for the second season. Give it a chance, you'll be rewarded.
  19. Feb 15, 2012
    Wow. This show was exactly what I expected and not what I expected at the same time. The cast is so on it. The storytelling is inspired. That's hard to do with the number of shows that have tackled this genre. Love it.
  20. Feb 25, 2012
    An absolutely spectacular show which keeps you hooked. Definitely one of my favourite series. Each episode was very engaging. Watch this if you like Dexter and Breaking Bad.
  21. Feb 28, 2012
    Claire Danes as a bi-polar CIA agent with intelligence regarding a possible terrorist plot and Mandy Patinkin as her boss. Her legitimacy falls apart when she develops romantic feelings for the soldier she believes to have been "turned."
  22. Mar 7, 2012
    Uau você perde o fôlego com essa grande série merecido o globo de ouro e forte candidata a desbancar mad men.Claire Danes está soberba nesta personagem.Grandes atuações, personagens e roteiro.Perfeito.
  23. Mar 9, 2012
    I have enjoyed every episode thus far and hope it gets even better. The plot is great and the twists are even better. The acting is very impressive and the whole cast fits perfectly in their roles. I don't know if another show could ever top the level of intensity and suspense that this show brings to the tube. Very well written and a plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Well done. Can't wait to see more Expand
  24. Mar 16, 2012
    Not your typical suspense thriller type of TV shows, the cast of this show is almost impeccable, especially Claire Danes and Damian Lewis! WOW!!
  25. Mar 17, 2012
    Note: This review is based on a week-long viewing of whole series 1 of "Homeland". Here is my very personal view on the program. As depicted in the series, the CIA is incapable of making correct (logical) deductions from the information they collect. Politicians see war as campaign tactics. Soldiers are either killing machines or gormless pawns. "Homeland" is either the most vivid and topical description of America at war or the least captivating series about the American war machine ever made. The characters are all against fiction. By that I mean, they all lack the extraordinary yarn within the fabric of who they are that makes the audience want to spend 44 minutes with them. I won't even mention the caricature of Middle Easterners who are either sex-addict oil-princes or omnipotent brainwashing terrorists! This is of course if you view the story of a POW Marine turned terrorist as a poor depiction of American war (paranoid) machine.

However, if you view this as a study of America at war (with all its implications), then the characters are not only credible: they are flesh-and-bone bores just like you and I. The CIA's inefficiency in the show becomes a plausible reflection of the the intelligence services' shortcomings. The politicians are no longer ambitious liars but mirrors of all candidates to a public office.

The series asks the audience to choose between those two conflicting views. And I, for one, think that is the real raison d'etre of this overhyped show. Hence no score. It's not a series, it's a conceptual juggle.
  26. Oct 29, 2012
    It's the worst tv-show I ve seen by far. The characters are cliche, over reacted performances, the scenario is full of stereotypes. Same **** again and again for classic Americans. The whole thing is annoying, you cannot stand to like anyone even the little kids of Brody. The plot seems a bit predictable (1st season) and nothing really happens... I admit I did watch the whole season though... But it felt very problematic. Disappointed. Expand
  27. May 7, 2012
    The debut season of Homeland is an enjoyable and suspenseful ride through the modern post 9/11 world of American domestic espionage.
    It stars Claire Danes as the paranoid spy doing just that on newly-returned war hero Damien Lewis, in an above average 'is he or isn't he" thriller.

The introduction to Brody, for the first few episodes, is largely provided through footage from illegally
    installed surveillance cameras planted in his house by Carrie (Danes), this provides an interesting viewpoint which serves to heighten the suspicion on his strange behaviour in settling back into his much-changed family life.

As the action progresses, Carrie, not without her own personal struggles, finds it difficult to foster support for her theories within the CIA and risks everything by going it alone to investigate Brody up close and personal. Having kept the lead characters apart for the first half of the series, with Carrie always watching from afar, I was unsure about how the show would develop once the two grew close but I was not to be concerned as their relationship falls apart once Brody learns of Carrie's suspicions.

The show deals with some uncomfortable themes that are unlikely to go down well with too many loyal Americans, namely that the US is largely responsible for the terrorist threat it faces on its own soil, and I strongly doubt that many American viewers will be too sympathetic to Brody's cause, be it as it is based on Islamic ideals. The writers try to Americanise Brody's adopted ideals by having him use an American civil war last stand at Gettysburg to explain to his children that you should always fight for what you believe in.

The action is tense in places and strong performances are delivered by Danes, Lewis and Mandy Patinkin as Carrie's supervisor and mentor Saul. Once Brody's intentions are finally apparent, the final episode makes for tense viewing and features some superb acting from both Lewis and Morgan Saylor (Brody's daughter) at the moment of truth.

A second series is confirmed and the events of the final episode suggest that the action will switch from that of violent retribution to silent political influence, however with Carrie still on the trail.
  28. Mar 27, 2012
    I'm not usually interested in American gung-ho crime drama, but I somehow got hooked by this one! I do love Damien Lewis, and he's excellent in this. It's probably the quality of the acting that makes this more palatable than other, similar shows. The mid-season twist is perhaps predictable, but you feel all the more satisfied for working it out a few episodes in advance. Planning to finish the season soon! Expand
  29. Mar 29, 2012
    Not bed but after the 5th episode it gets a bit flat but i still enjoy it. Could be a bit more inspiring but the plot is just outstanding it really keeps the story running .
  30. Mar 29, 2012
    To put it simply, this show is American television for American viewers. It targets the market for post-9/11 paranoia and a revamped patriotism, but falls flat due to a tired storyline and acting that is not believable. Claire Danes winning the Golden Globe for best actress was an atrocity in my opinion. I find myself cringing (seriously) during some of her key performances in the show. The scene when she has been drinking with Brody, stumbling into the parking lot, made me almost change the channel. I continued to watch the entire season, and plan on giving next season a chance, but there is not much character substance nor is there much to the plot. You can continuously add twists and turns but if you don't invoke a person to think about human experience or trigger emotions other than "Wow, and explosion!" then there is no payout for the viewer. Expand
  31. Jul 1, 2013
    Although Season 3 is yet to release (3 more months!) I can say for sure after catching up on Season 1 & 2 that show is one of the greatest TV shows to date. The first episode starts with a bang and really reels you in, I'd compare it to the addictivity of Breaking Bad. The whole first and second season carve deep and memorable stories in your head that will last a long time. Some parts of the show make you almost feel connected to the characters and their struggle, the characters are so believable. I loved this show to its core and cannot wait for Season 3 to air, you should catch up on this show as well, you won't regret it! Expand
  32. Jun 17, 2012
    An Incredible show that will have you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire season. The Lead performances are Emmy worthy. Without question this is the best new show on television. There really is no reason not to like it.
  33. Nov 15, 2012
    Smart, action packed, well written. Every episode is another twist and turn into the depths of the underground world of espionage, deceit, and terrorism. The characters are well developed, and coupled with great story telling make this show my number one favorite on television right now.
  34. May 31, 2012
    Let me just say this, any negative review given by a user, I believe, must have been by either an adolescent boy, or an action junkie, because after looking for a series to watch after I have finished Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, almost finished Dexter and Game of Thrones, Homeland rates up there with all of them. This is television at it's riveting best. Honestly, Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are an acting spectacle to behold. And throw Mandy Patinkin into to mix.....well you just cannot take your eyes off this drama. I started at episode 1 and marathoned it all the way to episode 7 in the first day. There may not be very much blowing up and shooting up of things, but I challenge you, watch until the end of episode 3 and you just cannot stop. So damn compelling! Expand
  35. Jun 6, 2012
    I just finished watching Season 1. Not bad, not great. I'm not a big Damien Lewis fan, and he did nothing in this series to change my opinion. The CIA cast is great. The final episode was a real let down. Kind of epitomized the whole season. A lot of potential, just comes up short.
  36. Aug 20, 2012
    The word "Masterpiece" does Homeland and Claire Danes no justice. Homeland is one of the best dramas ever made, delivering amazing writing, stellar acting, and the right amount of suspense and intrigue to keep you hooked.
  37. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Growing tension keeps you focused on every single detail, plus very convincing performances of the two main characters. This is an excellent TV series, one of those that makes people go to bed with something to think about. Expand
  38. Dec 4, 2012
    Homeland is my ultimate TV program ever. I think it incorporates lots of different issues all rolled into one, whilst gripping and intriguing viewers. Series one was flabbergasting. I thoroughly enjoyed every single episode in that series... now we get onto the subject of series two. Do I like it? Do I not? I'm kind of in the middle at the moment. I guess the story line gets farfetched most of the time, after the writers had to make an "all american" script for series two (which isn't the original. Series one is the original series) and I think they have Americanized it too much. As an English person watching this series, I don't believe half the things that have already cracked off on Homeland series two, and it confuses me watching it. However, I am being optimistic and hoping for better story lines throughout the series, but I hope it doesn't get too farfetched. Another reason is why I am giving it an 8 is because I believe that if the show is commissioned for another series after this one, it's going to end up being similar to lost (which we don't want to happen). Damian Lewis. What an amazing actor. I won't go into too much detail about him, but wow, can that man act. I am also amazed with Clare Danes because she plays a psychopath and makes it believable-obviously that is their job, but can you imagine you being believable as a psychopath?? Expand
  39. Sep 10, 2012
    The best new show of 2011-2012. Fantastic! Claire Danes and Damian Lewis have amazing acting abilities and the teenage daughter actress is really good. Will tune in for season 2.
  40. Sep 22, 2012
    Instantly hooks you to the TV. The whole first season delivered amazing acting and an incredibly interesting story. Shows like this are really rare, the concept is really promising and you'll just love Claire Danes' performance. Definitely worth checking out.
    Although the middles of each episode tend to get kind of boring, it all connects well as the story develops and the ends of the
    episodes are fun to watch. Expand
  41. MGG
    Oct 16, 2012
    I liked the show but they really need to do some research on military security protocols. In the real world it would be impossible to simply walk into a top secret meeting room with no asking for security credentials, much less bring in a cell phone and start sending text messages while watching a classified video stream of intelligence operatives in action.
  42. Oct 27, 2012
    To say that "Homeland" Is Epic Is simply an understatement. Unexpected plot twist, Intense Scenes and a Great Story!! To say the least, Brilliant and Compelling!
  43. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers. Really liking this show, but something is missing for me. I have always liked the performances of Lewis, Danes, Baccarin, and Patinkin, and they play their roles here just as well as anything else I have seem them do, but something of their characters just misses the mark for me. I find it hard to believe that someone could hide all out bipolar disorder from the CIA. The romance seems just to improbable to me. That said I keep on watching it. Collapse
  44. Nov 28, 2012
    There's a reason this show has won so many Emmy awards. The topic of terrorists and attacks on countries is a sensitive topic since 9/11 happened. The way this show describes terrorists is a way that has never been created before. Great TV show with nothing negative to it.
  45. Dec 3, 2012
    One of the best shows on tv currently. The actors and the plot are so well written, the actors are incredibly talented, and the storyline always keeps you on your toes.
  46. Dec 14, 2012
    This first season is remarkably well done, with amazing acting, great dialogue, and a interesting plot that is very original. Though slow at times, there was a constant stream of plot twists, and the season finale had my heart beating with all the suspense. Watch it.
  47. Dec 20, 2012
    Unbelievable! I can't count on one hand tv series that I've followed. Homeland is near the top of that small list with Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. I thought this show might have a similar feel to The West Wing. Remember how damn clever and witty the dialogue was. I felt Homeland would try to show-off, dazzle us with clever banter, make us feel like we are in the exclusive club of the people who "get it". I assumed wrong. The show is Impressive because it's authenticity. Character development is amazing. I feel like I know them. I love that Homeland isn't biased or one sided. Good and evil, right or wrong are so clear cut right? It depends from your vantage point. Expand
  48. Dec 23, 2012
    Simply amazing. Best show in years, not just because of it's complexity and subtlety that is demanded for any show to reach it's whole potential, but also because of the great actors that make it come true. Homeland is an astounding success and everyone should be watching it!
  49. Dec 24, 2012
    Americans like me who lived/worked in an arab/muslim world would find it very hard to relate to this show. The Drama Homeland took an extremely delicate, serious and fundemantel problem facing the American/Arab/Islamic world, and transformed it into a silly and sad cowboys and indians circus show.

There are over 1.6 Billion! muslim in the world and for those like me who actually know
    arabs and muslims can share the frustration on how such an incredibely real world issue is sadly portrayed through the show's cast and crew. We have a lot to tell the muslims and they have a lot to tell us and they don't all speak in bombs language...

On the other hand, what in the world is wrong with our homeland security...?? honestly!? are we really that silly and incapable?
  50. Jan 21, 2013
    I love the plot of the show and most of all the roles played by great actors who deserve all the glory for roles. I don't think that the story is out there and can show a real visual of how the government is capable of catching terrorist with this great action packed thriller
  51. Jan 31, 2013
    Claire Danes se mostra uma atriz perfeita durante essa temporada e o enredo todo tão envolvente que impossível tirar os olhos da tela, todo o drama politico e o poder envolvente da força da Carrie roubam a cena
  52. Mar 5, 2013
    This show is one of the best I have ever seen. Its absolutely thrilling from the first to the last second, there are almost no weak episodes, and you just can't stop watching it. I strongly recommend to watch this show if you are interested in good and thrilling entertainment. This show needs no explosions and so on. It just needs the actors it has. That's it. 10 out of 10
  53. Jun 24, 2014
    An amazing first season and it should have been the final season. It would have been the best one season show ever, but it still ended great. Best new show in a while
  54. Aug 30, 2013
    Mature, ingenious and thrilling show that makes you think about an actual subject. It is also a great and really emotional study of character (Carrie and Brody) that makes you feel sympathy for the "bad" guy and also to want him down when you are in Carrie's shoes. One of the best shows in actual TV and probably the best of the year along with "Breaking Bad".
  55. May 23, 2014
    This is undoubtedly one of the best dramas ever put to television. There are no 'bit-players' in terms of characters, everyone is equally important even if they don't have as much screen time as the leads. This balance means that you will remember each character, no matter how insignificant they might seem. The show will reward you for paying attention. This is not a propaganda piece, there are no 'good guys' as both sides play dirty. A fantastic dramatisation of post 9/11 paranoia and the people at the centre of it. Expand
  56. Aug 9, 2013
    Yes, I know it's fiction but it doesn't seem remotely realistic. I hope we really don't have emotionally challenged nymphomaniacs in the upper ranks of US security.
  57. Aug 15, 2013
    Within the first few episodes of Homeland, I wasn't particularly impressed. Considering this show dethroned Mad Men after a four year run while simultaneously beating out Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, and Breaking Bad at the Primetime Emmys last year, I was expecting quite a bit. Once I got toward the second half of the first season I was not disappointed.
    This is a smart, heart
    poundingly tense, ingenious spy thriller featuring an outstanding performance from Claire Danes as an obsessive, brilliant, bi-polar CIA agent vetting out a seemingly perfect war hero whom she believe to be a terrorist. The drama is high, the performances are brilliant, and the surprises are many. Season 1 of Homeland is an excellent start to an exciting series. Expand
  58. Oct 4, 2013
    Intoxicating television eclipsed only by Breaking Bad in how well each character is drawn and acted. The situations are just believable enough to keep us on the edge our seats for the next episode. I do think choosing to blow up Langley came very close to jumping the shark. Excited for season 3.
  59. Oct 10, 2013
    Homeland is an original and intelligent CIA drama with a twist. The show doesn't focus on a new case each episode like the standard CIA drama, but rather focuses on one single case that involves a serious terrorist threat to America. Carrie Mathison, played by the wonderful Clare Danes is an Bi-polar, manic CIA agent who somehow gets the idea that recently rescued after 8 years Prison of War Nicholas Brody, is actually a terrorist. We as the viewer know she is correct, but nobody else does, and she has to prove it. The show has a unique premise and it is done well. It's intelligent, and original. Some negative aspects are, the worlds longest opening sequence, and the occasional boring episode where nothing happens. Expand
  60. Dec 9, 2013
    Very interesting and exciting start of the series, but the show has become boring and tedious. You don't know what the purpose of the story is anymore.
  61. Oct 22, 2013
    I was worried that the new season was a little bit boring, but after a couple of great reveals, it is heating up to be just as explosive as previous seasons. Well done Carrie, you are enthralling
  62. Nov 15, 2013
    The third season is a major letdown compared to the first ones. Too much Dana, not enough Brody. Enough already with the irrelevant teenagers antics. The first two seasons were worth a 10 in my book. Get your act together, writers.
  63. Nov 17, 2013
    Despite all the inaccuracies a lot of people have tried to point out, I still feel that the first season of Homeland was one of the best inaugural season on TV in years. Claire Danes' portrayal of the bipolar CIA agent is exceptional and all I can think of right now is "how the hell is she not a bigger star???" Because she should be. As long as the writers and producers keep the story tight and smart (don't mind the haters), Homeland will definitely be a classic! Expand
  64. Dec 12, 2013
    It's really too bad there is so much profit motivation in continuing a series that it runs off the rails. The acting on this show is pretty good. But it is also too bad that the writer's didn't just do a modicum of research into what real covert agents actually do. Actually, Carrie's character is some kind of hybrid between an analyst and a covert operative. They are two entirely different branches of the CIA. And her boss. He's so stupid, the CIA would have tossed his application for employment in the nearest round file. But she is far more believable than Brody. He started out unbelievable and has only become more so as the series has worn on. Drama is all about the willing suspension of disbelief. The only way you could do that is to have swallowed those two bottles of pill that Carrie did in her half-hearted (not nearly enough for lethality) suicide attempt on the episode I watched (Season 2, Ep. 3). I have really wanted to like this, (I'm a great fan of REALISTIC spy stories) but it is becoming more difficult to watch each time. Clare Danes is a fine actress and Damian Lewis is a good actor as well and likewise Mandy Patinkin. They deserve better material (Maybe not the boss!) Expand
  65. Dec 14, 2013
    the first episode iwasn't sur if i will complete the season but now i cant imagine myself witout homeland really a great TV show i can say one of the best Great Job Showtime also Dexter :D
  66. Sep 7, 2014
    Série muito bem escrita e conduzida, não fiquei surpresa quando vi que passava originalmente na Showtime, que tem emitido séries de altíssima qualidade.
  67. Jan 25, 2014
    What started as your usual 9/11-related story about good guys vs bad guys, quickly evolved into one of the most realistic TV shows about intelligence world. Packed with a dynamic story and wonderful actors it goes into right direction so far (3rd season).
  68. Jul 21, 2014
    Somehow i came a bit late to this because of the CIA / homeland security / american patriotism - angle, but especially the first season is just brilliant with some very chilling moments and none of the **** i somehow expected. Must watch for everyone really.
  69. Jul 27, 2014
    A great, suspenseful espionage thriller. Homeland will leave you wondering at every turn what happens next? Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are quite simply amazing, Damian in particular is spectacular playing a U.S Marine returning from Iraq who is suspected to have turned against his country. It's an unforgettable ride that will leave you hooked from start to finish.
  70. Oct 12, 2014
    Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1

Brody.

1. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 3, 2011
    What seems like a straightforward question--Is Nick a traitor to his country?--might be the most devilishly complicated thing to answer, and definitely worth pursuing in this complex show.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Oct 3, 2011
    Homeland is an absolutely riveting immersion in the paranoia and burnout of America after a decade of the war on terrorism.
  3. Reviewed by: Jonathan Storm
    Oct 3, 2011
    It's no lie to say you don't get this sort of stylish and challenging stuff very frequently on TV, adult subject matter treated maturely in a series that makes you squirm and think.