• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 2, 2011
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4
8.2

1. Dec 22, 2014
    Carrie Mathison isn't bipolar- Homeland is. The last two episodes of this season should have been one or not at all. If i wanted to watch a soapy family drama- this wouldn't be it. Like mother like daughter: one woman's fear of commitment sends another woman back into the arms of her beloved- alas, too late. I see no reason to return next season- unless Carrie is hired by Hollywood toCarrie Mathison isn't bipolar- Homeland is. The last two episodes of this season should have been one or not at all. If i wanted to watch a soapy family drama- this wouldn't be it. Like mother like daughter: one woman's fear of commitment sends another woman back into the arms of her beloved- alas, too late. I see no reason to return next season- unless Carrie is hired by Hollywood to fight against cyber attacks which threaten Showtime to take Homeland off the air. It took half a season to win me back- and a snoozer of a finale to lose me, again. Expand
  2. Dec 22, 2014
    Homeland morphed into an atrocious tv show where there's nothing at stake, when something interesting happens and it's immediately solved and now the show revolves in only drama and not into that frenetic pace of the start of the show were you had, drama, action and actually consequences.

The show lost it's way and you shouldn't watch it, I know the last episode made me quit. Season

Season 1 Fantastic
    Season 2 Nice
    Season 3 Bad
    Season 4 Atrocius
  3. Oct 12, 2014
    Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1 Need moar Danaz!!1

Brody.
  4. Sep 7, 2014
    Série muito bem escrita e conduzida, não fiquei surpresa quando vi que passava originalmente na Showtime, que tem emitido séries de altíssima qualidade.
  5. Jul 27, 2014
    A great, suspenseful espionage thriller. Homeland will leave you wondering at every turn what happens next? Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are quite simply amazing, Damian in particular is spectacular playing a U.S Marine returning from Iraq who is suspected to have turned against his country. It's an unforgettable ride that will leave you hooked from start to finish.
  6. Jul 21, 2014
    Somehow i came a bit late to this because of the CIA / homeland security / american patriotism - angle, but especially the first season is just brilliant with some very chilling moments and none of the **** i somehow expected. Must watch for everyone really.
  7. Jun 24, 2014
    An amazing first season and it should have been the final season. It would have been the best one season show ever, but it still ended great. Best new show in a while
  8. May 23, 2014
    This is undoubtedly one of the best dramas ever put to television. There are no 'bit-players' in terms of characters, everyone is equally important even if they don't have as much screen time as the leads. This balance means that you will remember each character, no matter how insignificant they might seem. The show will reward you for paying attention. This is not a propaganda piece,This is undoubtedly one of the best dramas ever put to television. There are no 'bit-players' in terms of characters, everyone is equally important even if they don't have as much screen time as the leads. This balance means that you will remember each character, no matter how insignificant they might seem. The show will reward you for paying attention. This is not a propaganda piece, there are no 'good guys' as both sides play dirty. A fantastic dramatisation of post 9/11 paranoia and the people at the centre of it. Expand
  9. Apr 13, 2014
    From the creators of 24, comes the thriller Homeland, a show that is much edgier than 24, but lacks the action we've come to expect from this team of writers. What this show lacks in action, it more than makes up for with an intriguing look inside the mysterious CIA.

It's no secret that the CIA is the spy agency in America, that seems to have a hand in everything, but what exactly do they do and how do they do it? Can they arrest people? Do they carry guns? Are they really spies? These are all questions answered by the show Homeland, an edge of your seat thriller, that takes you deep inside the inner workings of the most mysterious government organization the world has ever known.

Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) is a CIA analyst, working in Iraq, when one of her contacts tells her that an American prisoner of war has been turned by Al-Qaeda. 6 months later, an American POW is discovered during a raid on an Al-Qaeda compound. The Marine discovered, Sgt. Nicholas Brody (Damien Lewis) comes home to his family, after 8 years, to a heroes welcome, and everyone sees him as such, everyone except for Carrie.

Mathison is immediately suspicious of Brody and puts her career on the line by deciding to stick to the man like glue, she even goes so far as to start a sexual relationship with him, in order to stay close to him. Brody is suffering from a severe case of post traumatic stress disorder, which leads him to do some very strange things. The big question is, whether he's acting this way because he's a terrorist or because he's been damaged by his time in captivity.

I've never been a big Claire Danes fan, because she has a habit of being eccentric and way over the top, but quite ingeniously, the writers use her weaknesses as an actress as a strength for Carrie. Mathison is eccentric, over the top, and unconventional, it's what makes her a terrific agent and very entertaining to watch.

Danes is paired with Damien Lewis who is just out of this world, leading to multiple awards and nominations. I've only seen Lewis playing bit parts in movies, but similar to Bryan Cranston in Breaking Bad, he's one of these guys, who comes out of nowhere to land the perfect role. Nicholas Brody is one of the most complicated and intriguing characters I've ever seen and it's his chemistry with Danes that really makes this show as good as it is.

It's rare for me to give a perfect rating, especially to a TV show, but the creators have taken the action and excitement of 24 and put it into a cable show, where they can get away with anything. It's edgier and extremely hard hitting, even though the action has been scaled back. 24 was about an impulsive man, who would do anything to stop terrorism, but Homeland, takes that same storyline and shows you what goes into discovering these acts of violence before they become a down to the second event, requiring the intervention of a Jack Bauer. It is smart, emotional, and will have you craving more. I literally watched the first two seasons in a week an a half, you'd think I'd have gotten sick of it by now, but all I want is for season three to be released, because this show really is that good.
  10. Jan 25, 2014
    What started as your usual 9/11-related story about good guys vs bad guys, quickly evolved into one of the most realistic TV shows about intelligence world. Packed with a dynamic story and wonderful actors it goes into right direction so far (3rd season).
  11. Dec 14, 2013
    the first episode iwasn't sur if i will complete the season but now i cant imagine myself witout homeland really a great TV show i can say one of the best Great Job Showtime also Dexter :D
  12. Dec 12, 2013
    It's really too bad there is so much profit motivation in continuing a series that it runs off the rails. The acting on this show is pretty good. But it is also too bad that the writer's didn't just do a modicum of research into what real covert agents actually do. Actually, Carrie's character is some kind of hybrid between an analyst and a covert operative. They are two entirelyIt's really too bad there is so much profit motivation in continuing a series that it runs off the rails. The acting on this show is pretty good. But it is also too bad that the writer's didn't just do a modicum of research into what real covert agents actually do. Actually, Carrie's character is some kind of hybrid between an analyst and a covert operative. They are two entirely different branches of the CIA. And her boss. He's so stupid, the CIA would have tossed his application for employment in the nearest round file. But she is far more believable than Brody. He started out unbelievable and has only become more so as the series has worn on. Drama is all about the willing suspension of disbelief. The only way you could do that is to have swallowed those two bottles of pill that Carrie did in her half-hearted (not nearly enough for lethality) suicide attempt on the episode I watched (Season 2, Ep. 3). I have really wanted to like this, (I'm a great fan of REALISTIC spy stories) but it is becoming more difficult to watch each time. Clare Danes is a fine actress and Damian Lewis is a good actor as well and likewise Mandy Patinkin. They deserve better material (Maybe not the boss!) Expand
  13. Dec 11, 2013
    Really lame show. The material in the show is so far off from the truth and shameful on how they depict certain situation instead of showing something close to being real. The shows story line is boring. I recommend watching a better show. There are so many amazing shows out there.
  14. Dec 9, 2013
    Very interesting and exciting start of the series, but the show has become boring and tedious. You don't know what the purpose of the story is anymore.
  15. Nov 17, 2013
    Despite all the inaccuracies a lot of people have tried to point out, I still feel that the first season of Homeland was one of the best inaugural season on TV in years. Claire Danes' portrayal of the bipolar CIA agent is exceptional and all I can think of right now is "how the hell is she not a bigger star???" Because she should be. As long as the writers and producers keep the storyDespite all the inaccuracies a lot of people have tried to point out, I still feel that the first season of Homeland was one of the best inaugural season on TV in years. Claire Danes' portrayal of the bipolar CIA agent is exceptional and all I can think of right now is "how the hell is she not a bigger star???" Because she should be. As long as the writers and producers keep the story tight and smart (don't mind the haters), Homeland will definitely be a classic! Expand
  16. Nov 15, 2013
    The third season is a major letdown compared to the first ones. Too much Dana, not enough Brody. Enough already with the irrelevant teenagers antics. The first two seasons were worth a 10 in my book. Get your act together, writers.
  17. Nov 9, 2013
    The overacting is enough to have you rip your hair out. The fact that a CIA agent sobs like a baby at every scene, laughable. The best scene ever was Carrie screaming, "It's not him, its not the sandman, WE DON'T HAVE THE SANDMAN!" *bursts into tears* In saying this, I am still watching it as its the best laugh I have had in ages. The sad thing is, I use to think ol' Claire was aThe overacting is enough to have you rip your hair out. The fact that a CIA agent sobs like a baby at every scene, laughable. The best scene ever was Carrie screaming, "It's not him, its not the sandman, WE DON'T HAVE THE SANDMAN!" *bursts into tears* In saying this, I am still watching it as its the best laugh I have had in ages. The sad thing is, I use to think ol' Claire was a great actress, now.... not so much. Expand
  18. Oct 22, 2013
    I was worried that the new season was a little bit boring, but after a couple of great reveals, it is heating up to be just as explosive as previous seasons. Well done Carrie, you are enthralling
  19. Oct 10, 2013
    Homeland is an original and intelligent CIA drama with a twist. The show doesn't focus on a new case each episode like the standard CIA drama, but rather focuses on one single case that involves a serious terrorist threat to America. Carrie Mathison, played by the wonderful Clare Danes is an Bi-polar, manic CIA agent who somehow gets the idea that recently rescued after 8 years Prison ofHomeland is an original and intelligent CIA drama with a twist. The show doesn't focus on a new case each episode like the standard CIA drama, but rather focuses on one single case that involves a serious terrorist threat to America. Carrie Mathison, played by the wonderful Clare Danes is an Bi-polar, manic CIA agent who somehow gets the idea that recently rescued after 8 years Prison of War Nicholas Brody, is actually a terrorist. We as the viewer know she is correct, but nobody else does, and she has to prove it. The show has a unique premise and it is done well. It's intelligent, and original. Some negative aspects are, the worlds longest opening sequence, and the occasional boring episode where nothing happens. Expand
  20. Oct 4, 2013
    Intoxicating television eclipsed only by Breaking Bad in how well each character is drawn and acted. The situations are just believable enough to keep us on the edge our seats for the next episode. I do think choosing to blow up Langley came very close to jumping the shark. Excited for season 3.
  21. Sep 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. If it wasn't for the main character/protagonist, this show would be wonderful. Unfortunately, because half of the episode always focuses on her, I can't recommend this show in good conscience. The lead character ("Carrie Mathison") has actions that are so poorly thought out that she wouldn't last 5 seconds in an actual CIA environment, and I know this without even working in government.

You know it's a bad sign when you root for the main character to get machine-gunned.
  22. Sep 23, 2013
    First of all, I will admit that this show is great in many ways. In fact, it is great in most ways and for most of the first season I was obsessed with it. However, I absolutely refuse to support a show that essentially tricks me into thinking that it is, for the most part, non partisan. Soon enough I found that not only does the show lean to the left, it practically could not be anymoreFirst of all, I will admit that this show is great in many ways. In fact, it is great in most ways and for most of the first season I was obsessed with it. However, I absolutely refuse to support a show that essentially tricks me into thinking that it is, for the most part, non partisan. Soon enough I found that not only does the show lean to the left, it practically could not be anymore offensive than it currently is. The entire shows message is that radical Islamic terrorists are not truly villains and that the reason America is attacked is because of the "war-mongers" in political power. I am sure that this sort of thing does happen in reality, but the way "Homeland" portrays the whole scenario is inexplicably offensive. It is a vile tactic that makes the viewer want to sympathize with some of the worst scum on this planet. It truly is shameful that this show is even on television. I honestly wonder if the creators of this show actually are empathetic to the 9/11 bombers. One day, when your plane goes into a building or a bomb goes off on your bus, you aren't going to be pitying the poor suicide bomber. I could rant more about "Homeland" and its flaws but I think the message alone should be enough to deter most decent viewers. Expand
  23. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really liking this show, but something is missing for me. I have always liked the performances of Lewis, Danes, Baccarin, and Patinkin, and they play their roles here just as well as anything else I have seem them do, but something of their characters just misses the mark for me. I find it hard to believe that someone could hide all out bipolar disorder from the CIA. The romance seems just to improbable to me. That said I keep on watching it. Expand
  24. Sep 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Growing tension keeps you focused on every single detail, plus very convincing performances of the two main characters. This is an excellent TV series, one of those that makes people go to bed with something to think about. Expand
  25. Aug 30, 2013
    Mature, ingenious and thrilling show that makes you think about an actual subject. It is also a great and really emotional study of character (Carrie and Brody) that makes you feel sympathy for the "bad" guy and also to want him down when you are in Carrie's shoes. One of the best shows in actual TV and probably the best of the year along with "Breaking Bad".
  26. Aug 15, 2013
    Within the first few episodes of Homeland, I wasn't particularly impressed. Considering this show dethroned Mad Men after a four year run while simultaneously beating out Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, and Breaking Bad at the Primetime Emmys last year, I was expecting quite a bit. Once I got toward the second half of the first season I was not disappointed.
    This is a smart, heart
    This is a smart, heart poundingly tense, ingenious spy thriller featuring an outstanding performance from Claire Danes as an obsessive, brilliant, bi-polar CIA agent vetting out a seemingly perfect war hero whom she believe to be a terrorist. The drama is high, the performances are brilliant, and the surprises are many. Season 1 of Homeland is an excellent start to an exciting series.
  27. Aug 9, 2013
    Yes, I know it's fiction but it doesn't seem remotely realistic. I hope we really don't have emotionally challenged nymphomaniacs in the upper ranks of US security.
  28. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a rollercoaster ride. This show reminds me (in a good way) of 24. Carrie does some things that defy belief. Of course the reason she is so good and so bad relates to her mental illness. Expand
  29. Jul 26, 2013
    Holy terrible show, seriously, it's BAD, the story tries to be complex, but it's stupid. This show takes itself way too seriously, I'd rather watch 24, at least that show had a stupid plot, but it didn't take itself too seriously...
    I don't get this show, I really don't.....
  30. Jul 20, 2013
    The show is slow and predictable. It relies too much on Claire Danes character unrealistic crazy moments. I have a relative with Bi-Polar disorder (which Claire Danes character has) and it is unbelievably over exaggerated. I was also in the military and the military part of the show is also VERY unrealistic. If you like quality television don't watch this.
  31. Jul 11, 2013
    I don't really like it. It's unrealistic and predictable. I don't find it addicting. This does not deserve the awards it has won, Claire Danes portrayal of a bi-polar person is very unpredictable, I have a brother who is bi-polar and he acts nothing like that
  32. Jul 1, 2013
    Although Season 3 is yet to release (3 more months!) I can say for sure after catching up on Season 1 & 2 that show is one of the greatest TV shows to date. The first episode starts with a bang and really reels you in, I'd compare it to the addictivity of Breaking Bad. The whole first and second season carve deep and memorable stories in your head that will last a long time. Some parts ofAlthough Season 3 is yet to release (3 more months!) I can say for sure after catching up on Season 1 & 2 that show is one of the greatest TV shows to date. The first episode starts with a bang and really reels you in, I'd compare it to the addictivity of Breaking Bad. The whole first and second season carve deep and memorable stories in your head that will last a long time. Some parts of the show make you almost feel connected to the characters and their struggle, the characters are so believable. I loved this show to its core and cannot wait for Season 3 to air, you should catch up on this show as well, you won't regret it! Expand
  33. Jun 19, 2013
    This was a great show and great season, Homeland Season 1. This, Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire are easliy the best shows on TV. Wondeful and a must watch. Keep you on th edge of your seat.
  34. Apr 3, 2013
    I couldn't get into this show. Way too many cliches in the subplots. It would have made a great miniseries though. Once I saw the wife was sleeping with the best friend, the troubled daughter and the drug addicted agent I bailed after four episodes.
  35. Mar 5, 2013
    This show is one of the best I have ever seen. Its absolutely thrilling from the first to the last second, there are almost no weak episodes, and you just can't stop watching it. I strongly recommend to watch this show if you are interested in good and thrilling entertainment. This show needs no explosions and so on. It just needs the actors it has. That's it. 10 out of 10
  36. Feb 15, 2013
    Horrible. Watched 8 episodes. This show is beyond boring. There's nothing that gets me coming back to it ever. The only good thing about it is all the hot women.
  37. Feb 6, 2013
    Love the fictional story line, however, I'd classify this as porn with the graphic bedroom scenes. Also, I guess the writer's are linguistically challenged in that the best descriptive word they seem to be able to come up with is the "F" word. Although I enjoyed the plot, I won't be purchasing season 2.
  38. Jan 31, 2013
    Claire Danes se mostra uma atriz perfeita durante essa temporada e o enredo todo tão envolvente que impossível tirar os olhos da tela, todo o drama politico e o poder envolvente da força da Carrie roubam a cena
  39. Jan 21, 2013
    I love the plot of the show and most of all the roles played by great actors who deserve all the glory for roles. I don't think that the story is out there and can show a real visual of how the government is capable of catching terrorist with this great action packed thriller
  40. Jan 18, 2013
    So many unbelievable elements mostly revolving around Carrie Mathison's character (bi-polar CIA agent who leaves windows WIDE OPEN in her house with SURVEILLANCE monitors and documents photos in PLAIN VIEW from any would be passer by). She continually goes rogue, gets caught only to have superiors ultimately look the other way. As a protagonist, good luck feeling sympathetic for her!So many unbelievable elements mostly revolving around Carrie Mathison's character (bi-polar CIA agent who leaves windows WIDE OPEN in her house with SURVEILLANCE monitors and documents photos in PLAIN VIEW from any would be passer by). She continually goes rogue, gets caught only to have superiors ultimately look the other way. As a protagonist, good luck feeling sympathetic for her!

Too bad HBO doesn't have a Terrorism show!
  41. Jan 17, 2013
    I was apprehensive about Homeland before watching it as there are a lot of similar shows that try to tackle the 'Homeland Security' plot and fail miserably. However, after forcing myself to watch it didn't take long before I was hooked - Homeland does a very good job at building the suspense from a very early point and hasn't eased up since. The characters personal story lines are a bitI was apprehensive about Homeland before watching it as there are a lot of similar shows that try to tackle the 'Homeland Security' plot and fail miserably. However, after forcing myself to watch it didn't take long before I was hooked - Homeland does a very good job at building the suspense from a very early point and hasn't eased up since. The characters personal story lines are a bit disappointing to me, but the general originality and 'pressure cooker' atmosphere of the main plot more than make up. Expand
  42. Jan 9, 2013
    Just finished the first season (Jan 2013) and can finally comment. It's a classy, engrossing, silly show. The fact that it's well scripted (even if the plot is ludicrous) and that the actors are great helps overcome the fact that this is a rehash of Condon's "Manchurian Candidate," a novel that had a great conspiratorial brainwashing plot that worked in the 50/60's but one that wouldn'tJust finished the first season (Jan 2013) and can finally comment. It's a classy, engrossing, silly show. The fact that it's well scripted (even if the plot is ludicrous) and that the actors are great helps overcome the fact that this is a rehash of Condon's "Manchurian Candidate," a novel that had a great conspiratorial brainwashing plot that worked in the 50/60's but one that wouldn't stand up today. Yet here we go again! I liked the twist of making Carrie lose her marbles just as she's uncovering the truth, and undergoing ECT at the end so that she has to (?) start from scratch next season (I know it's over and you guys know what I don't know), yet we all knew Brody was not going to be a suicide bomber so it was just a question of guessing why not, and we all know he can't phone Nazir without the NSA knowing and telling the FBI, and Brody is just to put together to have been a POW for so long, turned, taken on Arabic culture and show so little culture shock! Danes is great, and I love Brody's wife from "V." Yummy. Expand
  43. Dec 31, 2012
    The First Season of Homeland provided us a good dose of drama and political thriller. With and excellent performance of Claire Danes, who plays a CIA agent with bipolar problems, Homeland is the most interesting show of 2011. Although it may seem for moments very slow, it never lost its direction.
  44. Dec 24, 2012
    Americans like me who lived/worked in an arab/muslim world would find it very hard to relate to this show. The Drama Homeland took an extremely delicate, serious and fundemantel problem facing the American/Arab/Islamic world, and transformed it into a silly and sad cowboys and indians circus show.

There are over 1.6 Billion! muslim in the world and for those like me who actually know arabs and muslims can share the frustration on how such an incredibely real world issue is sadly portrayed through the show's cast and crew. We have a lot to tell the muslims and they have a lot to tell us and they don't all speak in bombs language...

On the other hand, what in the world is wrong with our homeland security...?? honestly!? are we really that silly and incapable?
  45. Dec 23, 2012
    Simply amazing. Best show in years, not just because of it's complexity and subtlety that is demanded for any show to reach it's whole potential, but also because of the great actors that make it come true. Homeland is an astounding success and everyone should be watching it!
  46. Dec 22, 2012
    The reason this show is bad is that it is completely unrealistically full of plot holes and giant unrealistic mistakes. Oh I'll just send a text message to a terrorist half way around the world from the room where they are running the operation to kill him, he'll get the text message 1 second before we pull the trigger, which is enough time for him to get into a vehicle and then we won'tThe reason this show is bad is that it is completely unrealistically full of plot holes and giant unrealistic mistakes. Oh I'll just send a text message to a terrorist half way around the world from the room where they are running the operation to kill him, he'll get the text message 1 second before we pull the trigger, which is enough time for him to get into a vehicle and then we won't be able to locate him. Yep, completely believable. The terrorists also have an assault team that can take down 7 armed agents in a small store except no one hears the gun fight or calls the police - totally unbelievable. I really have no idea how this show is getting such great reviews. They just throw in all sorts of other unlikely problems like the 2 kids running over a lady in their car, or an alcoholic disabled veteran who is figuring the entire secret terrorist plot out faster than the CIA. Your IQ must be below 70 if you find this show in anyway plausible or enjoyable. There are some interesting moments, but the improbability of the crap that they expect the viewer to buy into is too much. You just sit there the whole time thinking, "this would never happen." It might be ok, but they're trying to pass this show off as realistic. It is not. Expand
  47. Dec 20, 2012
    Unbelievable! I can't count on one hand tv series that I've followed. Homeland is near the top of that small list with Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. I thought this show might have a similar feel to The West Wing. Remember how damn clever and witty the dialogue was. I felt Homeland would try to show-off, dazzle us with clever banter, make us feel like we are in the exclusive club ofUnbelievable! I can't count on one hand tv series that I've followed. Homeland is near the top of that small list with Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. I thought this show might have a similar feel to The West Wing. Remember how damn clever and witty the dialogue was. I felt Homeland would try to show-off, dazzle us with clever banter, make us feel like we are in the exclusive club of the people who "get it". I assumed wrong. The show is Impressive because it's authenticity. Character development is amazing. I feel like I know them. I love that Homeland isn't biased or one sided. Good and evil, right or wrong are so clear cut right? It depends from your vantage point. Expand
  48. Dec 20, 2012
    FLAWLESS! It was easily one of the best series of 2011. It had a very strong direction, over the top performances, great writing and brilliant twists and turns.
  49. Dec 14, 2012
    This first season is remarkably well done, with amazing acting, great dialogue, and a interesting plot that is very original. Though slow at times, there was a constant stream of plot twists, and the season finale had my heart beating with all the suspense. Watch it.
  50. Dec 13, 2012
    At first I was pretty skeptical to watch this series, I thought it was still a series that dealt with terrorism again, the American house superhero who will save the world against the evil Arabs, but I was surprised by the quality of the acting in particular Claire Daines & Damian Lewis and especially the originality of the script
  51. Dec 4, 2012
    A tense, dramatic and impressively acted first season of a wonderful series. The plot moves slow and yet you don't really care because Homeland manages to keep things interesting. There are some chapters, when Carrie and Brody "meet" that are a little bit weird (I find hard to see a relaxed, talkative Carrie something normal or natural), but the ending of the season is so good that youA tense, dramatic and impressively acted first season of a wonderful series. The plot moves slow and yet you don't really care because Homeland manages to keep things interesting. There are some chapters, when Carrie and Brody "meet" that are a little bit weird (I find hard to see a relaxed, talkative Carrie something normal or natural), but the ending of the season is so good that you forget about it. In both 1x11 and 1x12 Claire Danes gives a performance out of this world and Brody becomes more and more human. 1x12 is simply unbelievable. The best thing I've seen in a very long time. Expand
  52. Dec 4, 2012
    Homeland is my ultimate TV program ever. I think it incorporates lots of different issues all rolled into one, whilst gripping and intriguing viewers. Series one was flabbergasting. I thoroughly enjoyed every single episode in that series... now we get onto the subject of series two. Do I like it? Do I not? I'm kind of in the middle at the moment. I guess the story line gets farfetchedHomeland is my ultimate TV program ever. I think it incorporates lots of different issues all rolled into one, whilst gripping and intriguing viewers. Series one was flabbergasting. I thoroughly enjoyed every single episode in that series... now we get onto the subject of series two. Do I like it? Do I not? I'm kind of in the middle at the moment. I guess the story line gets farfetched most of the time, after the writers had to make an "all american" script for series two (which isn't the original. Series one is the original series) and I think they have Americanized it too much. As an English person watching this series, I don't believe half the things that have already cracked off on Homeland series two, and it confuses me watching it. However, I am being optimistic and hoping for better story lines throughout the series, but I hope it doesn't get too farfetched. Another reason is why I am giving it an 8 is because I believe that if the show is commissioned for another series after this one, it's going to end up being similar to lost (which we don't want to happen). Damian Lewis. What an amazing actor. I won't go into too much detail about him, but wow, can that man act. I am also amazed with Clare Danes because she plays a psychopath and makes it believable-obviously that is their job, but can you imagine you being believable as a psychopath?? Expand
  53. Dec 3, 2012
    One of the best shows on tv currently. The actors and the plot are so well written, the actors are incredibly talented, and the storyline always keeps you on your toes.
  54. Nov 28, 2012
    My dad got me into this show and its so good brody gets the babes and there are so many twists this season not gonna spoil it but ya watch this show its awesome
  55. Nov 28, 2012
    There's a reason this show has won so many Emmy awards. The topic of terrorists and attacks on countries is a sensitive topic since 9/11 happened. The way this show describes terrorists is a way that has never been created before. Great TV show with nothing negative to it.
  56. Nov 19, 2012
    I hate shows like this. Characters are well-acted, and it's an adequate portrayal of how messed up home lives can be, but the whole show makes me angry. The "good guys" are all bumbling idiots, who mess up every single thing they touch through lack of interdepartmental communication, secrets being held by those in power, and moles inside the agencies. The "bad guys," however, are perfectlyI hate shows like this. Characters are well-acted, and it's an adequate portrayal of how messed up home lives can be, but the whole show makes me angry. The "good guys" are all bumbling idiots, who mess up every single thing they touch through lack of interdepartmental communication, secrets being held by those in power, and moles inside the agencies. The "bad guys," however, are perfectly synchronized, all-powerful, and able to get away with everything. Claire Danes' character is seemingly sabotaged at every single turn by almost everyone (including herself). Every time she gets close, it gets taken away, over and over and over and over and over. It's the TV equivalent of that person you knew who used to drive their car 5 feet forward every time you reached for the door handle. The first few times can be forgiven, but enough is enough. This may be the perfect example of how government agencies really work, but it makes for insanely aggravating and frustrating television. I don't watch TV to be annoyed. I will not be tuning in for any further seasons. Expand
  57. Nov 15, 2012
    Smart, action packed, well written. Every episode is another twist and turn into the depths of the underground world of espionage, deceit, and terrorism. The characters are well developed, and coupled with great story telling make this show my number one favorite on television right now.
  58. Nov 9, 2012
    This is good stuff. Homeland is grounded, but knows how to throw in a twist. We also have some very good acting going on here.
  59. Oct 29, 2012
    It's the worst tv-show I ve seen by far. The characters are cliche, over reacted performances, the scenario is full of stereotypes. Same **** again and again for classic Americans. The whole thing is annoying, you cannot stand to like anyone even the little kids of Brody. The plot seems a bit predictable (1st season) and nothing really happens... I admit I did watch the whole seasonIt's the worst tv-show I ve seen by far. The characters are cliche, over reacted performances, the scenario is full of stereotypes. Same **** again and again for classic Americans. The whole thing is annoying, you cannot stand to like anyone even the little kids of Brody. The plot seems a bit predictable (1st season) and nothing really happens... I admit I did watch the whole season though... But it felt very problematic. Disappointed. Expand
  60. Oct 27, 2012
    To say that "Homeland" Is Epic Is simply an understatement. Unexpected plot twist, Intense Scenes and a Great Story!! To say the least, Brilliant and Compelling!
  61. MGG
    Oct 16, 2012
    I liked the show but they really need to do some research on military security protocols. In the real world it would be impossible to simply walk into a top secret meeting room with no asking for security credentials, much less bring in a cell phone and start sending text messages while watching a classified video stream of intelligence operatives in action.
  62. Oct 13, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show has become completely unrealistic and absurd. You can't be a CIA agent and have bi-polar disorder, but if you do have it evidently you can go to the Middle East on the CIA's behalf to get intelligence for them from one of your former contacts. Revealing Carrie's disorder to her bosses killed the show after just one season. Also, what about the classified documents she had in her personal possession? She should be in prison for season 2. What a waste this show turned out to be. I watched the 1st season right after hearing about the Emmy wins. I thought if it can beat Breaking Bad, Mad Men, AND Boardwalk Empire it must be good, but I thought wrong. It WAS a very good show (not close to the 3 I just mentioned) but they turned it into the same unrealistic story 24 was. The writers & creators just play the audience for idiots while they count their money. How anyone could give this show a positive score is beyond me. I would give this show a negative score if I could. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time even getting started with it. Expand
  63. Oct 5, 2012
    The Pros: Suspenseful, after some lenghts in the Pilot also fast paced writing, stellar performance by Claire Danes and very good performances by the rest of the cast.
    The Cons: Theres not much depth here if youre interested in the real inner workings of the CIA. On the contrary, the "unorthodox" way Danes' character is working and her relationship with the other main character demands quite some suspension-of-disbelief willingness from the viewer. Thats why i will stop watching it, cause realism is the one thing that cannot be absent from a show like this.
  64. Oct 4, 2012
    So, I hear that this little show is critically acclaimed--Wow, I think. It's won an Emmy AND a Golden Globe for best drama series, during it's FIRST season! So, I think--this show is a MUST see. Well, over the course of 4 days, I plow through all 12 episodes of the first season, and I NEVER want to revisit this show again. The storytelling was slow and sloppy to the point at which it neverSo, I hear that this little show is critically acclaimed--Wow, I think. It's won an Emmy AND a Golden Globe for best drama series, during it's FIRST season! So, I think--this show is a MUST see. Well, over the course of 4 days, I plow through all 12 episodes of the first season, and I NEVER want to revisit this show again. The storytelling was slow and sloppy to the point at which it never really hooked me--and I seriously look for these things in a TV show. There's no real plausibility in what happens throughout the show. I find it very difficult to believe that people love this show and would award it over what Breaking Bad did in the 4th season. I just don't get it. Expand
  65. Oct 3, 2012
    Somewhat interesting, but the main character is not believable. An American prisoner of war turned terrorist and then back again, and then back again ... No thank you. Damian Lewis is great, though, Claire Dnaes not so much.
  66. Sep 28, 2012
    If there were and 8.9 I would give it that, I can't give it a 9 because of reasons that I don't want to say because if I do i will ruin the first season for people. Regardless, Claire Danes is the best actress on TV and Damian Lewis is extremely good as well. I say it is the second best drama on TV behind only "Breaking Bad," but it was only the first season. "Homeland" may be able to getIf there were and 8.9 I would give it that, I can't give it a 9 because of reasons that I don't want to say because if I do i will ruin the first season for people. Regardless, Claire Danes is the best actress on TV and Damian Lewis is extremely good as well. I say it is the second best drama on TV behind only "Breaking Bad," but it was only the first season. "Homeland" may be able to get on "Breaking Bad's" level eventually. An excellent hour of TV. Expand
  67. Sep 22, 2012
    Instantly hooks you to the TV. The whole first season delivered amazing acting and an incredibly interesting story. Shows like this are really rare, the concept is really promising and you'll just love Claire Danes' performance. Definitely worth checking out.
    Although the middles of each episode tend to get kind of boring, it all connects well as the story develops and the ends of the episodes are fun to watch.
  68. Sep 18, 2012
    Good show. Worth a watch. Good show. Worth a watch. Good show. Worth a watch. Good show. Worth a watch. Good show. Worth a watch. Good show. Worth a watch.
  69. Sep 17, 2012
    What started out as a very, very good thriller has morphed into a brilliant character study between the show's two leads. The most refreshing aspect is that it's not afraid to criticize where criticism is due with depth and complexity, and of course Claire Danes is just phenomenal. Certainly one of the best series on television today.
  70. Sep 10, 2012
    The best new show of 2011-2012. Fantastic! Claire Danes and Damian Lewis have amazing acting abilities and the teenage daughter actress is really good. Will tune in for season 2.
  71. Aug 20, 2012
    The word "Masterpiece" does Homeland and Claire Danes no justice. Homeland is one of the best dramas ever made, delivering amazing writing, stellar acting, and the right amount of suspense and intrigue to keep you hooked.
  72. Jun 17, 2012
    An Incredible show that will have you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire season. The Lead performances are Emmy worthy. Without question this is the best new show on television. There really is no reason not to like it.
  73. Jun 6, 2012
    I just finished watching Season 1. Not bad, not great. I'm not a big Damien Lewis fan, and he did nothing in this series to change my opinion. The CIA cast is great. The final episode was a real let down. Kind of epitomized the whole season. A lot of potential, just comes up short.
  74. May 31, 2012
    Let me just say this, any negative review given by a user, I believe, must have been by either an adolescent boy, or an action junkie, because after looking for a series to watch after I have finished Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, almost finished Dexter and Game of Thrones, Homeland rates up there with all of them. This is television at it's riveting best. Honestly, Claire Danes andLet me just say this, any negative review given by a user, I believe, must have been by either an adolescent boy, or an action junkie, because after looking for a series to watch after I have finished Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, almost finished Dexter and Game of Thrones, Homeland rates up there with all of them. This is television at it's riveting best. Honestly, Claire Danes and Damian Lewis are an acting spectacle to behold. And throw Mandy Patinkin into to mix.....well you just cannot take your eyes off this drama. I started at episode 1 and marathoned it all the way to episode 7 in the first day. There may not be very much blowing up and shooting up of things, but I challenge you, watch until the end of episode 3 and you just cannot stop. So damn compelling! Expand
  75. May 26, 2012
    An excellent show which exemplifies suspense and thriller from real life problems and situations in our real world...................
  76. May 14, 2012
    I once heard somebody describe this program as "a televised serial of 'The Manchurian Candidate in present time". Provided they were referring to the first-rate 1962 film; not the awful 2004 remake, I would be inclined to agree with their assessment. To put it simply 'Homeland' is a thrill ride of a show and the places it takes you (the viewer) knows no bounds. It isn't perfect and I foundI once heard somebody describe this program as "a televised serial of 'The Manchurian Candidate in present time". Provided they were referring to the first-rate 1962 film; not the awful 2004 remake, I would be inclined to agree with their assessment. To put it simply 'Homeland' is a thrill ride of a show and the places it takes you (the viewer) knows no bounds. It isn't perfect and I found multiple plot holes throughout the first season but for the most part it delivers on its tag line and provides the thrills and spills of a decent espionage series. Expand
  77. May 7, 2012
    The debut season of Homeland is an enjoyable and suspenseful ride through the modern post 9/11 world of American domestic espionage.
    It stars Claire Danes as the paranoid spy doing just that on newly-returned war hero Damien Lewis, in an above average 'is he or isn't he" thriller.

The introduction to Brody, for the first few episodes, is largely provided through footage from illegally installed surveillance cameras planted in his house by Carrie (Danes), this provides an interesting viewpoint which serves to heighten the suspicion on his strange behaviour in settling back into his much-changed family life.

As the action progresses, Carrie, not without her own personal struggles, finds it difficult to foster support for her theories within the CIA and risks everything by going it alone to investigate Brody up close and personal. Having kept the lead characters apart for the first half of the series, with Carrie always watching from afar, I was unsure about how the show would develop once the two grew close but I was not to be concerned as their relationship falls apart once Brody learns of Carrie's suspicions.

The show deals with some uncomfortable themes that are unlikely to go down well with too many loyal Americans, namely that the US is largely responsible for the terrorist threat it faces on its own soil, and I strongly doubt that many American viewers will be too sympathetic to Brody's cause, be it as it is based on Islamic ideals. The writers try to Americanise Brody's adopted ideals by having him use an American civil war last stand at Gettysburg to explain to his children that you should always fight for what you believe in.

The action is tense in places and strong performances are delivered by Danes, Lewis and Mandy Patinkin as Carrie's supervisor and mentor Saul. Once Brody's intentions are finally apparent, the final episode makes for tense viewing and features some superb acting from both Lewis and Morgan Saylor (Brody's daughter) at the moment of truth.

A second series is confirmed and the events of the final episode suggest that the action will switch from that of violent retribution to silent political influence, however with Carrie still on the trail.
  78. Apr 2, 2012
    I was truly speechless when i saw this show. Claire Danes is terrific, her performance just compelling and magnificent and should get the Emmy this year. It is quite atmospheric, subtle and one of a kind. Epic. One of the best shows ever, the best show of 2011. Period!
  79. Apr 2, 2012
    Had I reviewed Homeland after an Episode or two, I might have rated Hoemland with a 10 out of the gate. I really thought it muddled along quite a bit at the midpoint and would likely have dropped to a 6, but having seen all but the finale to Season 1, I'll settle @ 8. In many ways Homeland is "24" with a brain, but at times it gets as loopy and unrealistic as "24" and as much as IHad I reviewed Homeland after an Episode or two, I might have rated Hoemland with a 10 out of the gate. I really thought it muddled along quite a bit at the midpoint and would likely have dropped to a 6, but having seen all but the finale to Season 1, I'll settle @ 8. In many ways Homeland is "24" with a brain, but at times it gets as loopy and unrealistic as "24" and as much as I ordinariliy enjoy Clare Danes, her character (or perhaps just her acting) was far too whiney and melodramatic. Good show, but I think the critics have been a tad too generous with their critiques. Expand
  80. Mar 29, 2012
    Really, no critic thought this was even a mediocre show? It shows how flawed an aggregate system like metacritic can be when this is the highest rated TV show. This is at best a middling network drama. At worst a pretty deplorable ensemble of unbelievable characters and ridiculous storylines. For some reason I watched the entire season, and not once did I even consider the whodunnitReally, no critic thought this was even a mediocre show? It shows how flawed an aggregate system like metacritic can be when this is the highest rated TV show. This is at best a middling network drama. At worst a pretty deplorable ensemble of unbelievable characters and ridiculous storylines. For some reason I watched the entire season, and not once did I even consider the whodunnit elements of the plot. I was totally uninterested. I'm a sucker for the cliche bi-polar hard drinking protagonist but even that wasn't enough for me to care about Claire Danes' character by the end. The whole soldier coming home dynamic also made no sense and was carried out so poorly. pretty awful show. Expand
  81. Mar 29, 2012
    To put it simply, this show is American television for American viewers. It targets the market for post-9/11 paranoia and a revamped patriotism, but falls flat due to a tired storyline and acting that is not believable. Claire Danes winning the Golden Globe for best actress was an atrocity in my opinion. I find myself cringing (seriously) during some of her key performances in the show.To put it simply, this show is American television for American viewers. It targets the market for post-9/11 paranoia and a revamped patriotism, but falls flat due to a tired storyline and acting that is not believable. Claire Danes winning the Golden Globe for best actress was an atrocity in my opinion. I find myself cringing (seriously) during some of her key performances in the show. The scene when she has been drinking with Brody, stumbling into the parking lot, made me almost change the channel. I continued to watch the entire season, and plan on giving next season a chance, but there is not much character substance nor is there much to the plot. You can continuously add twists and turns but if you don't invoke a person to think about human experience or trigger emotions other than "Wow, and explosion!" then there is no payout for the viewer. Expand
  82. Mar 29, 2012
    Not bed but after the 5th episode it gets a bit flat but i still enjoy it. Could be a bit more inspiring but the plot is just outstanding it really keeps the story running .
  83. Mar 27, 2012
    I'm not usually interested in American gung-ho crime drama, but I somehow got hooked by this one! I do love Damien Lewis, and he's excellent in this. It's probably the quality of the acting that makes this more palatable than other, similar shows. The mid-season twist is perhaps predictable, but you feel all the more satisfied for working it out a few episodes in advance. Planning toI'm not usually interested in American gung-ho crime drama, but I somehow got hooked by this one! I do love Damien Lewis, and he's excellent in this. It's probably the quality of the acting that makes this more palatable than other, similar shows. The mid-season twist is perhaps predictable, but you feel all the more satisfied for working it out a few episodes in advance. Planning to finish the season soon! Expand
  84. Mar 26, 2012
    A really great show, spectacularly acted by Danes and Lewis, with the supporting cast nailing it all around them as well, and the writing is terrific as well. Character development is crucially made poignant for the two leads as they are pulled by forces they cannot control, and all these wonderful qualities lead to an excellent conclusion. My only complaint is that the road the finaleA really great show, spectacularly acted by Danes and Lewis, with the supporting cast nailing it all around them as well, and the writing is terrific as well. Character development is crucially made poignant for the two leads as they are pulled by forces they cannot control, and all these wonderful qualities lead to an excellent conclusion. My only complaint is that the road the finale took could easily lead to a pattern of maintaining the status quo, which is an unfortunate turn taken by its network-mate Dexter in its sixth season, but my hope is the writers won't let that happen. Expand
  85. Mar 17, 2012
    Note: This review is based on a week-long viewing of whole series 1 of "Homeland". Here is my very personal view on the program. As depicted in the series, the CIA is incapable of making correct (logical) deductions from the information they collect. Politicians see war as campaign tactics. Soldiers are either killing machines or gormless pawns. "Homeland" is either the most vivid andNote: This review is based on a week-long viewing of whole series 1 of "Homeland". Here is my very personal view on the program. As depicted in the series, the CIA is incapable of making correct (logical) deductions from the information they collect. Politicians see war as campaign tactics. Soldiers are either killing machines or gormless pawns. "Homeland" is either the most vivid and topical description of America at war or the least captivating series about the American war machine ever made. The characters are all against fiction. By that I mean, they all lack the extraordinary yarn within the fabric of who they are that makes the audience want to spend 44 minutes with them. I won't even mention the caricature of Middle Easterners who are either sex-addict oil-princes or omnipotent brainwashing terrorists! This is of course if you view the story of a POW Marine turned terrorist as a poor depiction of American war (paranoid) machine.

However, if you view this as a study of America at war (with all its implications), then the characters are not only credible: they are flesh-and-bone bores just like you and I. The CIA's inefficiency in the show becomes a plausible reflection of the the intelligence services' shortcomings. The politicians are no longer ambitious liars but mirrors of all candidates to a public office.

The series asks the audience to choose between those two conflicting views. And I, for one, think that is the real raison d'etre of this overhyped show. Hence no score. It's not a series, it's a conceptual juggle.
  86. Mar 16, 2012
    Not your typical suspense thriller type of TV shows, the cast of this show is almost impeccable, especially Claire Danes and Damian Lewis! WOW!!
  87. Mar 9, 2012
    Great, suspenseful, and realistic show.
  88. Mar 9, 2012
    I have enjoyed every episode thus far and hope it gets even better. The plot is great and the twists are even better. The acting is very impressive and the whole cast fits perfectly in their roles. I don't know if another show could ever top the level of intensity and suspense that this show brings to the tube. Very well written and a plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat. WellI have enjoyed every episode thus far and hope it gets even better. The plot is great and the twists are even better. The acting is very impressive and the whole cast fits perfectly in their roles. I don't know if another show could ever top the level of intensity and suspense that this show brings to the tube. Very well written and a plot that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Well done. Can't wait to see more Expand
  89. Mar 9, 2012
    Far more fascinating than I would have expected, the writing and acting here is really incredible and the show does a great job of building atmosphere in the small moments while also painting a fairly complicated big picture: we're constantly left in doubt as to whether Carrie's hunch about Damien is correct, even as an audience we (or at least I) tend to become less sure as the show goesFar more fascinating than I would have expected, the writing and acting here is really incredible and the show does a great job of building atmosphere in the small moments while also painting a fairly complicated big picture: we're constantly left in doubt as to whether Carrie's hunch about Damien is correct, even as an audience we (or at least I) tend to become less sure as the show goes on. And then further doubt is cast that we're correct in going in the "not terrorist" direction. Watching the penultimate episode now, I'm not unsure, and that's quite a feat for a show to pull off for so many episodes. He seems like a very decent guy, yet I could also imagine him blowing up Congress: how messed up is that? Expand
  90. Mar 7, 2012
    Uau você perde o fôlego com essa grande série merecido o globo de ouro e forte candidata a desbancar mad men.Claire Danes está soberba nesta personagem.Grandes atuações, personagens e roteiro.Perfeito.
  91. Mar 1, 2012
    First of all, i believe if a show gets on Showtime, It must be good, example A, Dexter. This is no exception. the premise is an American POW is found and freed. The CIA is noticing that threats are rising and an agent assumes its the POW. I dont want to get anymore in detail but the story is excellent and never really stops leaving you at the end of each episode wanting more. The onlyFirst of all, i believe if a show gets on Showtime, It must be good, example A, Dexter. This is no exception. the premise is an American POW is found and freed. The CIA is noticing that threats are rising and an agent assumes its the POW. I dont want to get anymore in detail but the story is excellent and never really stops leaving you at the end of each episode wanting more. The only other shows that had me this way are; Dexter, 24, The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad (I watch a lot of TV, don't judge me). This has become one of my favorite new shows and I say you must watch the first episode, after that you'll be hooked. Expand
  92. Feb 28, 2012
    Claire Danes as a bi-polar CIA agent with intelligence regarding a possible terrorist plot and Mandy Patinkin as her boss. Her legitimacy falls apart when she develops romantic feelings for the soldier she believes to have been "turned."
  93. Feb 25, 2012
    An absolutely spectacular show which keeps you hooked. Definitely one of my favourite series. Each episode was very engaging. Watch this if you like Dexter and Breaking Bad.
  94. Feb 21, 2012
    The premise of the show may not appeal to everyone on paper, but it's hard not to get hooked after watching the first episode (regardless of your taste preference), which is exactly what happened to me. This is probably the best TV series I've watched since the first season of "Damages". The writing is absolutely brilliant, the plot moves at a fast pace and the cast is terrific (ClaireThe premise of the show may not appeal to everyone on paper, but it's hard not to get hooked after watching the first episode (regardless of your taste preference), which is exactly what happened to me. This is probably the best TV series I've watched since the first season of "Damages". The writing is absolutely brilliant, the plot moves at a fast pace and the cast is terrific (Claire Danes was the biggest surprise!). Most of the characters are flawed in some way. However, the writers tell the story from so many different perspective, that it's almost impossible to describe anyone as "good" or "bad". The actors really did an amazing job of depicting these very complex characters. I'm wondering how they'll ever be able to top the first season! Expand
  95. Feb 18, 2012
    An intriguing and engaging drama that is striking in its realism. The dilemma at the core of the story will no doubt keep many viewers hooked and the show does a good job of maintaining it throughout the season. The two leads are excellent, especially Claire Danes who plays an obsessive and tenacious CIA agent. The supporting cast are all given depth and contribute to the overall story.An intriguing and engaging drama that is striking in its realism. The dilemma at the core of the story will no doubt keep many viewers hooked and the show does a good job of maintaining it throughout the season. The two leads are excellent, especially Claire Danes who plays an obsessive and tenacious CIA agent. The supporting cast are all given depth and contribute to the overall story. Each episode is paced well so that the story seldom sags and holds viewer interest. However, I can't help but feel that Homeland is missing something that would take it from 'great TV show' to 'classic TV show'. I haven't been able to pinpoint just what this is but regardless, Homeland is still one of the best new series of 2011. Expand
  96. Feb 15, 2012
    Wow. This show was exactly what I expected and not what I expected at the same time. The cast is so on it. The storytelling is inspired. That's hard to do with the number of shows that have tackled this genre. Love it.
  97. Feb 13, 2012
    Great show. Well acted and unpredictable. You will care about the characters. Best show all year. I can't wait for the second season. Give it a chance, you'll be rewarded.
  98. Feb 12, 2012
    While it does take a few episodes to get interesting but the show is really good. The plot is a little predictable at times though, A huge flaw imo. However there is a lot of action through out the season and the acting is great. A must watch show imo.
  99. Feb 12, 2012
    A dazzling debut for what was unquestionably the breakthrough show of 2011. Clare Danes is superb in a leading role as Carrie Mathison, a CIA operative who suspects that a returning american prisoner of war, portrayed by Damian Lewis, has been turned and is part of a plan to unleash a terrorist attack on America. Lewis is great but Danes is the star of the show. Mandy Patinkin is alsoA dazzling debut for what was unquestionably the breakthrough show of 2011. Clare Danes is superb in a leading role as Carrie Mathison, a CIA operative who suspects that a returning american prisoner of war, portrayed by Damian Lewis, has been turned and is part of a plan to unleash a terrorist attack on America. Lewis is great but Danes is the star of the show. Mandy Patinkin is also fantastic as Saul Berenson. The story was an interesting one to say the least and I wondered how this series would play out because the issue of National Security is one which has ranged from complex to perplexed! 24 challenged it head on and soared to almighty heights so it comes as no surprise that head-honcho Howard Gordon was part of the set-up of Homeland. The writing is tremendous and you can't under-estimate how much detail has gone into every little inch of the show. Each episode is a stand-alone however they all play crucial parts in unraveling the overall theme of the show. The acting is of the highest quality but Clare Danes steals the show entirely, she just oozed class! The pilot episode is exhilarating and will easily have you hooked, eagerly anticipating the next episode. Most episodes are excellent and executed perfectly particularly the Pilot, The Weekend, Crossfire and Marine One. These all lead to a spectacular season finale which brings this dynamite drama to a memorable close leaving things perfectly poised for the much anticipated second season. Expand
  100. Feb 11, 2012
    Authentic, intense, engaging drama. A class of its own in this genre. Great actors. In fact, very giving, and generous actors. The acting alone deserve our time. Clare Danes is simply fearless. Damian Lewis is a dark horse, a pleasant surprise. David Harewood is a genius of subtlety. Morena Baccarin immense talent is still being under-utilized. Engaging, well-paced, complex, REFRESHINGAuthentic, intense, engaging drama. A class of its own in this genre. Great actors. In fact, very giving, and generous actors. The acting alone deserve our time. Clare Danes is simply fearless. Damian Lewis is a dark horse, a pleasant surprise. David Harewood is a genius of subtlety. Morena Baccarin immense talent is still being under-utilized. Engaging, well-paced, complex, REFRESHING writing /directing style. As long as the show don't descend into over-compressed pacing and cheapening of females with excessive shock-value nudity and taboo sex, more please. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Mark A. Perigard
    Oct 3, 2011
    What seems like a straightforward question--Is Nick a traitor to his country?--might be the most devilishly complicated thing to answer, and definitely worth pursuing in this complex show.
  2. Reviewed by: Glenn Garvin
    Oct 3, 2011
    Homeland is an absolutely riveting immersion in the paranoia and burnout of America after a decade of the war on terrorism.
  3. Reviewed by: Jonathan Storm
    Oct 3, 2011
    It's no lie to say you don't get this sort of stylish and challenging stuff very frequently on TV, adult subject matter treated maturely in a series that makes you squirm and think.