• Network: ABC
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 26, 2008
8.4

1. BrianP.
    Jul 3, 2008
    The raw feeling of health care. Relationships, real life trials and virtues, without the overly-dramatized script.
  2. PennyB.
    Jul 7, 2008
    A fascinating and poignant look at the lives of the doctors and patients in and out of the hospital. The real drama of the show, not scripted makes it all the more addictive.
  3. RandallS.
    Jul 10, 2008
    I never give a show such a high rating, but the proliferation of reality TV is making us all stupid, and its only getting worse. This is a fantastic show that uses Cinema Verite (TRUE reality TV) to tell stories. This is how TV should be, educational and telling a great story.
  4. bethg
    Jul 10, 2008
    As a long time Hopkins nurse it is interesting to see my workplace put 'out there' for the world to see. The drama is real, but you would need to multiply it by 1000 to know what really goes on a place like Hopkins on a daily basis. That said, I think the show does a good job of representing things from the doctor's point of view. Now, when will the nurses get a shot?? Then As a long time Hopkins nurse it is interesting to see my workplace put 'out there' for the world to see. The drama is real, but you would need to multiply it by 1000 to know what really goes on a place like Hopkins on a daily basis. That said, I think the show does a good job of representing things from the doctor's point of view. Now, when will the nurses get a shot?? Then you will REALLY see what it is all about! Collapse
  5. SharK.
    Jul 5, 2008
    As we all deal with and/or debate health care issues, it is good to see what 'goes on behind the scenes to remind us that we ALL are human beings... how difficult to 'choose' who receives health care and who doesn't. So far the most memorable footage for me was seeing the lungs expand after the transplant :) But, oh, the training that hospital staff must have -- I As we all deal with and/or debate health care issues, it is good to see what 'goes on behind the scenes to remind us that we ALL are human beings... how difficult to 'choose' who receives health care and who doesn't. So far the most memorable footage for me was seeing the lungs expand after the transplant :) But, oh, the training that hospital staff must have -- I think I'd take a doctor with a bit of arrogance (i.e., confidence) if he is very capable of 'easily' drilling and removing a brain tumor. Expand
  6. PattiS.
    Aug 14, 2008
    Show was great!
  7. SamM.
    Aug 25, 2008
    Best new show on ABC. I wonder how long it will last? ABC needs to keep this winner.
  8. JohnK
    Jul 18, 2008
    This may be one of the best shows I have seen in a long time. Great look into the best hospital in the world. You can be cynical about doctors all you want but when a life is on the line very few of us could do what they do. I am very fortunate that my daughter starts her studies at Johns Hopkins University this fall.
  9. DominiM.
    Jul 31, 2008
    I Had open heart surgery and my experience in the hospital was much like at HOPKINS. real life is so much more dramatic,sad,funny,stressful and demanding just like the show HOPKINS portrays the real patients,the real staff and the real life and death situations. i hope it comes back in the fall. all my friends just love it.
  10. LindaE.
    Sep 1, 2008
    Love it! love everything about it. doctors, patients, stories, music. It's all great!
  11. GaryG.
    Jun 27, 2008
    Engaging, fascinating, compelling, poignant. Great show!
  12. AnnetteD.
    Jul 23, 2008
    I am mesmerized by the series. I'm an RN and have worked in the ER before and see this as depicting hospital life in the most realistic manner I've seen. I enjoy getting to know the backgrounds of the staff and find it most educational as well as entertaining.
  13. J.D.
    Aug 31, 2008
    You can't bring it back soon enough for me. It's an awesome show and I'm disappointed that it isn't on anymore. It is inspiring and exhilarating. Please bring it back there are so many that miss it!!

The deeper bow to the dictates of prime-time storytelling in this return to Hopkins by executive producer Terence Wrong and his ABC News documentary team isn't a bad thing. In fact, the choices made by Wrong and his digitally armed filmmaking troops result in a faster-paced, more engaging series.
  2. As a follow-up to the groundbreaking summer series "Hopkins 24/7" that ran nearly eight years ago, this revisit to the medical center is, if anything, even more grounded in authenticity and honesty, even if it sometimes feels compelled to pile on the soapy elements.
  3. The new version bears less of a resemblance to “ER”-styled medical drama of the 2000 “Hopkins” than it does to “The Hills,” the MTV sensation that introduced a whole new visual vocabulary to unscripted TV. The stories still involve people being treated at Hopkins, of course, but what’s striking is how much time is spent outside the hospital with the docs and their families.