• Network: TV LAND
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 16, 2010
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 5
6.4

1. Aug 29, 2010
    Sitcoms like these deservedly died in the 80s, but after the decade of reality shows and cringecoms, I would categorise this show as comfort TV. If nothing else, Betty White gets the best snide lines and keeps the trio of Cleveland cougars under control.
  2. Aug 15, 2010
    A witty, funny middle aged woman comedy. Four different women are at four different stages in their lives. Betty White brings comic relief to this cast. Valerie Bertinelli's neuroticism falls somewhere between painfully annoying and endearing. The chick with the British accent is almost dismissable, and the soap opera actress and her over the top acting bring laughs.
  3. Aug 24, 2010
    This show reminds me of the old sitcoms of the 70s: the kind Betty White and Valerie Bertinelli made there bones starring in. Luckily there are enough funny one liners to keep the show interesting.
  4. Sep 2, 2010
    I'm digging on this show. It's good innocent fun. Love the actresses. I'm hoping it doesn't get cancelled. I'm sick and tired of all the reality TV shows out there. I choose to unwind to TV because I want to laugh, if I wanted reality I'd keep the TV off. In a media saturated with unfunny, this show provides some funny. Makes me smile and laugh.
  5. Jun 24, 2011
    On network TV, this show would never survive. It's entirely too "old school" in its approach to characters and plot, with a very deliberate setup --> punchline --> repeat format to its jokes. Characters ham up their performances, and the use of laughter from a live studio audience becomes a little over-the-top at times.

But you know what? On TV Land, it absolutely works, and I look
    forward to watching this show week after week. Betty White may have lost a touch of her comedic timing over the years, but she's still able to keep up and steal just about any scene she's in. White, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendy Malick clearly adore and respect each other, and they act like they have a blast working on a comedy that relishes in its old school sensibilities. Some episodes are a little weaker than others, but a recent episode where the characters (in a very contrived circumstance, as is the norm for this type of sitcom) had to fake British and American (in Leeves' case) accents had me giggling in uncontrollable fits. If you have any love at all for the sitcoms of the 70s and early 80s, when laugh tracks, the occasional physical comedy and live studio audiences were the norm and not the exception, then this show might be worth a watch! Expand
  6. Oct 14, 2010
    This show had so much hype and promise of a great new comedy of the year. I kept watching and waiting for it to get funny and sadly it just never really did. It just felt flat.
  7. Feb 6, 2011
    Some of the jokes do fall flat, especially for the younger veiwers, but the amount of fun the actors and actresses are having makes this a nice escape from shallow, well, shallower reality tv on right now. It is a nice appetizer, and worth a casual look.
  8. Feb 1, 2011
    Betty White, at 89, has lost a little of her comedic timing, but is still the gem of this sitcom and delivers the funniest lines each week. Wendy Malick is, well, Wendy, yet again, but works here. Valerie is, well, Valerie again, but works here. The surprise is Jane Leeves....a far cry from her Daphne fame on "Frasier". With all the character predictability, this sitcom still works...and works well. It seems the chemistry has a lot to do with that. Expand
  9. Feb 24, 2011
    I am of this age group and I cannot stand this show. I have always loved these actress's and looked forward to them in this show but the characters are bad! I do not like any of them. Its just to stupid. I loved Golden girls. What I hate about this show is they repeat to much of the previous show with each following show. So you get little time to see anything interesting. It does not move along well or have any point to the story lines. I cannot stand seething any of them act like total idiots. I Hate this show! To me, it is not funny at all. Just idiotic. Expand
  10. May 29, 2011
    I love this show!!!!!!! the people who wrote negative comments probably watch way too much jersey shore and glee. I LOVE THE ACTING, THE WRITING, AND ALSO THE PEOPLE. THIS SHOW IS AMAZING AND I WILL WATCH THE NEW EPISODES ON JUNE 15!!!!!
  11. Jun 11, 2011
    This is old new comedy. It is brilliantly acted and Betty White is 89 and still going strong. I have never connected with characters on a T.V. show quicker than I have with these characters. Brilliant show.
  12. Jun 18, 2011
    I have to apologize for being hyperbolic, but this is easily the worst show I have ever seen on television. I cannot think of one redeeming quality. Sure, the cast and writer work hard at trying to be funny and making it look like there is some kind of chemistry, but that only makes it more annoying. And that laugh track! Turn it down and use it less often... let jokes and characters develop, please. There doesn't need to be a laugh every 5 seconds. Expand
  13. Sep 2, 2011
    I love that show! Every single episode is really funny and amazing!
  14. May 17, 2012
    I started watching all the Hot in Cleveland episodes a few weeks ago. I'd seen it before, but thought nothing of it. Now, I'm hooked. The characters are very interesting and very funny. It's one of the best shows i'm watching right now. It's strange that a 16 year old male would be interested in a show of menopausal woman who act like hookers, but I do indeed find the show clever and very funny.
  15. Nov 29, 2011
    Enjoyed watching Betty White on Golden Girls and still enjoy the reruns every night but now she looks like a washed up pro athlete who doesn't know when to stop playing. She should have left while on top and would have been remembered for her great shows instead of this dud.
  16. Feb 9, 2012
    Amazing show! I love Wendie Malick (Victoria Chase) , Betty White (Elka Ostrovsky) and Jane Leeves (Joy Scroggs)! Every single episode is really funny and amazing!
  17. May 29, 2012
    The 1st episode was decent but after that's its just terrible. The 'jokes' are just stupid comments that aren't funny. Also, going off on one, but what the hell happened to Jane Leeves' voice? Sometimes it's normal like in Frasier but others it goes all croaky and posh and over exaggerates her accent. She sounds like an American doing a really bad British accent even though she is actually British and its just awkward and annoying to hear. Expand
  18. Jul 26, 2013
    This is my wife's favorite show. I have grown to like it also. It is silly but fun. Betty White is a blast and it is good to see some of our favorites like Tim Conway and Carol Burnett.

Hot in Cleveland is formulaic, but has tremendous good will on its side.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Add Betty White, good as the wisecracking caretaker of a house Bertinelli leases, and you've got a 1980s sitcom transplanted to 2012, which I don't intend as a recommendation.
  3. If the premise is somewhat forced, it sets up a situation with enough comic potential to sustain Hot in Cleveland indefinitely.