House of Cards (2013) : Season 2

• Series Premiere Date: Feb 1, 2013
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
8.7

1. Oct 18, 2016
    A power play in which everyone plays to win and nobody wants to lose, with an antihero machiavellian and cynic who came through the door that no one should.
  2. Sep 1, 2016
    Not as sharp as the first season but still good !
    The Underwoods continue their rise with higher stakes and more people trying to bring them down.The smartness and stylishness of the storytelling is a bit down and the protagonist is given to much weight and importance when others could have amped up.
  3. Jun 26, 2016
    The highly original drama show from Netflix shines with even more character depth. The cleverness of the complex politics is fascinating to watch – sure it can be draggy and too complex for its own good yes, but it’s still one of the show’s “wow-aspects”. The character development is extraordinary and it never fails to bring new storylines to the screen. It might have lost some of theThe highly original drama show from Netflix shines with even more character depth. The cleverness of the complex politics is fascinating to watch – sure it can be draggy and too complex for its own good yes, but it’s still one of the show’s “wow-aspects”. The character development is extraordinary and it never fails to bring new storylines to the screen. It might have lost some of the clever writing of S01, but wow it’s good.

Overall personal rating for each episode: 75.5/100

Personal rating: 80/100
    Critical rating: 90/100
  4. Jan 9, 2016
    This is one of my absolutely favourite seasons of all times since I'm interestedin politics and shows that is about the reality. What I love most is that there's so much happening at once and nothing being dragged out on. And the cast are amazing!
  5. Oct 20, 2015
    I loved this season. The opening theme scene with Congress viewed in the background is very beautiful. . This is totally character driven. Frank Underwood is brilliantly played and I root for and identify with him inexplicably. Claire (Robin Wright..amazing) is one of the most despicable female characters of all time. I am so hoping she comes to a horrible end. Zoe Barnes I also foundI loved this season. The opening theme scene with Congress viewed in the background is very beautiful. . This is totally character driven. Frank Underwood is brilliantly played and I root for and identify with him inexplicably. Claire (Robin Wright..amazing) is one of the most despicable female characters of all time. I am so hoping she comes to a horrible end. Zoe Barnes I also found pretty repulsive personality wise, And she is supposed to be on the side of the angels so to speak. Nobody is innocent in this, all have grubbiness smeared somewhere. There a few gaps..but overall....Brilliant TV...especially for those who like politics. Expand
  6. Sep 13, 2015
    Brilliant TV series from start to finish. You have to wonder which president they are taking inspiration from - they do seem to remind me of an ex-President and first lady that we have seen before......
  7. Aug 6, 2015
    The second season of House of Cards solidifies the show as being one of recognisable class. Frank Underwood's climb to the top continues and his position as the vice-president makes for more interesting watching. We see him in close quarters with the president due to his promotion which makes for a more significant season. Rather than whipping votes like he did in season 1, Frank isThe second season of House of Cards solidifies the show as being one of recognisable class. Frank Underwood's climb to the top continues and his position as the vice-president makes for more interesting watching. We see him in close quarters with the president due to his promotion which makes for a more significant season. Rather than whipping votes like he did in season 1, Frank is whipping the president, of course not to his knowledge. After a cautious debut season that was lauded by critics, House of Cards is able to be a bit more bold in it's second season. This makes for more interesting character developments. In summary, season 2 has a more significant structure, more developed characters and more classic and daring, Frank Underwood. Netflix has produced a drama series that is creative, relatable and compelling. Expand
  8. Jul 20, 2015
    The first season is slow to the point, yet still good. That is until the very end when it suddenly all becomes downright brilliant! Machiavellian, diabolical, and deliciously fun. Kevin Spacey in the perfect epitome of his substantial powers role. No doubt of many great roles, he will be most remembered for this one.
  9. Mar 6, 2015
    I give this season a 10 because it overcame one of the greatest challenges of a popular first season, an even better second season. The show from the first episode hits you and keeps the punches coming, it is must see television.
  10. Feb 28, 2015
    The opening scene is disgusting. Desecrating a a grave is purely childish and tasteless. We get it Frank Underwood is a creep, but do we need to see ever degrading sadistic act up close? This show could be great with just the talented crew of actors employed, instead we are treated to a constant barraged predictable shock TV.
    It's a shame... great cast, great plot and poor execution...wasted
  11. Feb 27, 2015
    I loved season 1 of HOC, I thought it was well acted and directed. And while I loved the first couple episodes of season 2, I was left a bit disappointed. The problem I now have with House of Cards is that it thinks it is smarter than it actually is. I feel like the show acts like it is one of the great TV dramas up there with The Sopranos and The Wire. And if you look at it from aI loved season 1 of HOC, I thought it was well acted and directed. And while I loved the first couple episodes of season 2, I was left a bit disappointed. The problem I now have with House of Cards is that it thinks it is smarter than it actually is. I feel like the show acts like it is one of the great TV dramas up there with The Sopranos and The Wire. And if you look at it from a critical standpoint, its not even one of the best dramas on TV. Most people are surprised that House of Cards is not a critical darling with its big budget and the two well respected leads. Spacey is wasting his talents here, because while Frank Underwood is an interesting character he never gets anything to do. Wright was one of the positive things I had to say about this season, she probably did some of the best acting of her whole career. Other than the acting, the directing remains great, while the writing remains a bit dry. The backlash the show received during the second half of season two, makes me hope that the writers learn from their mistakes, but I don't know if I can be that optimistic. Expand
  12. Sep 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I just binge watched both seasons.I had been avoiding it; being afraid that it would be a grim political screed like The Newsroom.(Watching The Newsroom is like being beaten about the head with a roiled-up copy of the Sunday New York Times, all the while being told it is good for you - wait - is it even possible to roll up the Sunday Times?) What a pleasant surprise. It is fundamentally unrealistic, other than in the general sense of finding politics to be a dirty business. But it is also great fun, seeing Kevin Spacey tear off large chunks of scenery and chew them with delight. What a character he has created!

If there is one problem with the show, it is the fact that, in the second season, the narrative has often wandered off into the realm of utter fantasy. Watching Frank throw Zoe in front of the train was certainly a surprise, but it ( and subsequent plot twists) unmoored the show from any connection with reality. Good satire must have that link, even if tenuous. A Richard III who does evil things even if outrageous, is entertaining. A Richard who performs act that are simply not credible - even in the context of satire - is only a cartoon.
  13. Aug 8, 2014
    It has the cast that would make a great show. It has the look of an amazing show. But what the viewers get is a plastic, heartless "drama." The writing/dialogue is incredibly ridiculous and unintentionally funny, and I'm sorry, but Kevin Spacy's acting is cringe worthy. He gives one of my favorite performances of all time in "American Beauty" and I considered him one of the greatest livingIt has the cast that would make a great show. It has the look of an amazing show. But what the viewers get is a plastic, heartless "drama." The writing/dialogue is incredibly ridiculous and unintentionally funny, and I'm sorry, but Kevin Spacy's acting is cringe worthy. He gives one of my favorite performances of all time in "American Beauty" and I considered him one of the greatest living actors, but this character is starting cloud that idea. I do have to say Robin Wright gives a great performance unlike her counterpart. Expand
  14. Aug 3, 2014
    And Frank just got away with it again! House of Cards is great. Love Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. Frank and Claire are one of my favorite TV couples; really strong characters. And that threesome... I still can't recover from that scene.
  15. Jul 8, 2014
    I am not a big fan of political drama, especially about US politics. I thought Spacey is a good actor and worth the bother to follow the intricate, byzantine, slow-paced and at times plainly boring, absurd plot. Unfortunately, while the first season had its moments and some interesting characters (Adam the photographer, Peter the drunkard, the nosy journalist played by Mara, etc...), thisI am not a big fan of political drama, especially about US politics. I thought Spacey is a good actor and worth the bother to follow the intricate, byzantine, slow-paced and at times plainly boring, absurd plot. Unfortunately, while the first season had its moments and some interesting characters (Adam the photographer, Peter the drunkard, the nosy journalist played by Mara, etc...), this season focus mainly on how mean and nasty Frank and Claire are. Also, how Frank ALWAYS succeed in manipulating people into doing what he wants.

Even for a master puppeteer a 100% success rate is excessive. Some people are unpredictable and won't do what Frank wants, not necessarily because they understand his very complex plot, but simply because nobody can be manipulated so completely. And the Rachel/Doug side plot is a huge, super tedious waste of time.

Finally, is Clare even wearing anything that is not sprayed on, tightly fitted and (hopefully for her) Spandex contained? Also, is she color blind? She is wearing only black, white and gray (perhaps some dark blue).

Soporific, not looking forward to series 3.
  16. Jun 27, 2014
    It's always tough to top such a great first season but season 2 has simply not only topped it but blow it out of the freaking water. Fantastic from start to finish with events you never see coming. Can't wait for season 3.
  17. May 28, 2014
    Francis and Claire Underwood really show their teeth in season two of the Netflix drama. The quality writing defines bold and interesting characters entangled in blindsided plot twists. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are excellent as cutthroat politicos and morally depraved human beings. If one has experienced the first season, episode one of the second season has instant shock valueFrancis and Claire Underwood really show their teeth in season two of the Netflix drama. The quality writing defines bold and interesting characters entangled in blindsided plot twists. Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright are excellent as cutthroat politicos and morally depraved human beings. If one has experienced the first season, episode one of the second season has instant shock value which steam rolls throughout the season. It's one of my favorite indulgences on Netflix. Expand
  18. Apr 18, 2014
    I completely understand people who say that this show is boring and difficult to follow. Personally, I find myself a little detached throughout each season. That being said, I still watch every episode, and I watch them closely. Despite all of the political jargon and moving and shaking up on Capitol Hill (which doesn't grab me) House of Cards has won me twice over by way of it's dark,I completely understand people who say that this show is boring and difficult to follow. Personally, I find myself a little detached throughout each season. That being said, I still watch every episode, and I watch them closely. Despite all of the political jargon and moving and shaking up on Capitol Hill (which doesn't grab me) House of Cards has won me twice over by way of it's dark, mysterious atmosphere that pervades all happenings within the story and the deliciously evil wrongness that is Frank Underwood. Expand
  19. Apr 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Riveting TV drama, the chess game of DC politics is palpable, Characters are strong well drawn but sometimes
    too strong. Frank Underwood is a cunning and ruthless negotiator but the character jumps the shark when he becomes a murderer. That's where the sense of realism is compromised and drama becomes melodrama - and caricature.
  20. Apr 6, 2014
    Starts very dark and with a shocker into the new season. It seems to be even better than season 1. Up to now there has been only one episode in season 2 that hasn't delivered to what we have come to expect from this series but it was the scene setter for a new direction.
  21. Apr 4, 2014
    This season had high points that were very grand, and even some that were shocking twists; better than season 1's high points. However, the majority of the connections between those grand moments was less interesting than season 1's connecting material. So I guess that means that it rates the same 8/10 that I gave season 1.
  22. Mar 29, 2014
    Where do I start? OMG... I have had my fair share of shows both good and bad. But for a show to be this good non-stop for two seasons is beyond incredible. I won't try and dive deep and examine this show in this review, but I will say this- Only a handful of shows have made my jaw drop and/or created some sort of emotional response in me. This show boldly and proudly stands amongst thatWhere do I start? OMG... I have had my fair share of shows both good and bad. But for a show to be this good non-stop for two seasons is beyond incredible. I won't try and dive deep and examine this show in this review, but I will say this- Only a handful of shows have made my jaw drop and/or created some sort of emotional response in me. This show boldly and proudly stands amongst that handful. Even more incredible is that I began watching this show half-heartedly thinking it was some boring political drivel but wanting to understand why I kept hearing about it. That, I must say, was the best decision I ever made. Expand
  23. Mar 29, 2014
    If you thought season 1 was fast moving, wait for the thrill ride of season 2. Revenge is the byword. Francis Underwood may be the anti-villain to rival Breaking Bad's Mr White. Each of the 13 episodes will carry you on a joyride that you pray will not end. You will be shocked, as you sit on the edge of your seat. Do not miss it.
  24. Mar 24, 2014
    I rated season one a nine, so I'll give season two a ten. I loved it. My heart stopped three quarters through the first episode of season two, I had to pause it, and I laughed. I felt shocked and actually surprised by what I was watching for the first time in a long time. So surprised, after my jaw came off the floor, I laughed! Well done House of Cards. I watched the entire second seasonI rated season one a nine, so I'll give season two a ten. I loved it. My heart stopped three quarters through the first episode of season two, I had to pause it, and I laughed. I felt shocked and actually surprised by what I was watching for the first time in a long time. So surprised, after my jaw came off the floor, I laughed! Well done House of Cards. I watched the entire second season in about 48 hours, and I was left wanting more. What else can I say? The acting is great, It's amazing how some shows make you capable of rooting for the typical bad guy, or I should say, bad person. We all knew from the first episode what Francis was planning, and to see such ruthless and exciting execution really made the show became something you could get behind. Expand
  25. Mar 15, 2014
    A neear falwless follow-up to the first season. My only complaint (and a minor one at that) is that the new episodes focused purely on the Underwood's personal agendas more than general politics happening around DC as the first one did. Less West Wing, more Silence of the Lambs in it's scope. With that said it was still an energetic ride from start to finish, even knowing for the mostA neear falwless follow-up to the first season. My only complaint (and a minor one at that) is that the new episodes focused purely on the Underwood's personal agendas more than general politics happening around DC as the first one did. Less West Wing, more Silence of the Lambs in it's scope. With that said it was still an energetic ride from start to finish, even knowing for the most part where things are going and often what is coming next, it did not dull at all the sinful flavor of what's happening on screen. Expand
  26. Mar 13, 2014
    Another solid season, but I will admit it did not capture me as much as the first season did. Yes the first episode of the 2nd season is a wtf omg moment and one of the best episodes in the whole series, but it slowed down way too much for me and didn't pick up at all until the very last episode which honestly wasn't as interesting and suspenseful as the very first episode of season 2.Another solid season, but I will admit it did not capture me as much as the first season did. Yes the first episode of the 2nd season is a wtf omg moment and one of the best episodes in the whole series, but it slowed down way too much for me and didn't pick up at all until the very last episode which honestly wasn't as interesting and suspenseful as the very first episode of season 2. Still love the show though and cannot wait for season 3. Expand
  27. Mar 2, 2014
    An improvement of last seasons masterpiece, Spacey gives Underwood an even stronger edge but strikes fear and power into whatever opponent comes to his way. Robin Wright gives a powerful performance possibly better than season 1. The Netflix Masterpiece is threatening cable TV's shows for best show.
  28. Mar 1, 2014
    The 2nd season of House of Cards is in many ways superior to the already impressive 1st season. Featuring strong performances, crisp photography and intricate storytelling House of Cards is a joy to watch. There are some minor issues such as pacing and logical inconsistencies, but other than that this is strong,intelligent television which has alot to offer patient viewer. The seasonThe 2nd season of House of Cards is in many ways superior to the already impressive 1st season. Featuring strong performances, crisp photography and intricate storytelling House of Cards is a joy to watch. There are some minor issues such as pacing and logical inconsistencies, but other than that this is strong,intelligent television which has alot to offer patient viewer. The season builds up to a spectacular,game-changing finale which helps set the stage for the inevitable 3rd season of this hit Netflix series. Cant wait for next year. Expand
  29. Feb 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Or 0870621345 I could simply write another review breaking each and every single scene down for you? What do actors, directors, scriptwriters get paid for? If not to take watchers into their world through outstanding performance. Which by logic alone should captivate all attention when drawing to their creations. Not because they can play dress up when pretending that what they are selling is real enough to drag along for the ride. When making such said entertainment. Although amounting to nothing more then an educated punch and judy act. Please go and Google. Historically a clown act which often defaced government through puppets. This portrayal must get you hallucinating to make it through this attempted show.

I finally got to episode 9 cursing every episode previously. Why did I bother, I must be a masochist who like to be battered with stupidity. Yey! Finally what I had thought was a better episode of this season. Being partially coherently scripted playing better on the workings of scenario's shown to some sense of reality. What happens? Tusk a billionaire threatens a reporter. Like waving a red flag to a bull. America is no different to Tehran nobody is safe. Freddy's son after being told dump the gun pulls it out on a reporter in that typical stereotype. HD pictures in the shower are censored like Japanese porn seriously photo shopped. In fairness some later episode had improved on the first few which were so overly ridiculously introduced with the only thought being of how can we get this pile of feces to work easily. Any game should have changed intelligently when holding that pinnacle of power, instead of so overly dumbing down for the masses, who like the above poster are so drawn into these noxious fumes. Because their hate at any powers shown feeds them with every desire to lap up this concoction without questioning pictures displayed. Who cares if any attempt doesn't run on a partially realistic course. There ain't nothing real on the TV it is just entertainment. A clown act, to make you laugh cry or whatever other emotions you find from viewing. Although therefore truly it doesn't have to make any sense at all right?

No it is not the actors fault some of whom are outstanding to get most viewers returning after episode 1. I count 5 who are quite outstanding, Frank, Claire, Remmy, Franks chief of staff and aide, the rest are mostly painful to watch. Although any problem with this season was in development which ran on different courses, instead of smarting up it went to the opposite extremes. But hey I suppose that must make it really easy for the above to follow

Anybody, everybody can write good reviews when praising that sheep gods idolisations bleating away like any other grazer..
  30. Feb 23, 2014
    This season of house of cards has given me pause. What is the point of this creation?

I cannot fathom how this season has gotten the reviews it has? I understand people hate politics and politicians, okay! Fine, understood! But come on now! Barely has there been even a single coherent scene, within degrees of perception to probable reality. What has been shown is a clown act, dressed up to educate or much rather not at all. The plot lines can often be seen a mile away, obviously that almost any child could say what would happen next. Dialogue for the most part has been, tit for tat. Sounding effectively, the F'word you, NO! The F'word you, but shall we have sex now, or kill, destroy, you. Characterizations mostly of whom are cardboard cutouts, lacking in degrees to a sense of realism, importantly, how characters within given positions react to scenarios shown. Much of it has been happenstance within this absurdity, leading to solutions which are obvious. Quite painfully making through a single episode without questioning these pictures displayed, shown so largely unrealistic. However when making more sense watching that Punch and Judy show, because at least they don't have to pretend.

Where is the line drawn, on what is great, and what is awful? If any portrayal within a probable reality created is fictionally assumed mostly as an opposite?

I conclude so many of whom are angry at government when making entertainment in such high regards, rating without any exception.
  31. Feb 22, 2014
    I thought that the original British series could not be surpassed: Season 2 has proven me wrong. This 2nd season of HoC has completely captivated me and brought the original concept to a new level of mastery. Foreshadowing, intrigues and character development offers the viewer a real treat in plot pacing, with surprises lurking behind every turn. Even the settings are rich with symbolismI thought that the original British series could not be surpassed: Season 2 has proven me wrong. This 2nd season of HoC has completely captivated me and brought the original concept to a new level of mastery. Foreshadowing, intrigues and character development offers the viewer a real treat in plot pacing, with surprises lurking behind every turn. Even the settings are rich with symbolism and irony. Hats off of to the entire production team and cast. Expand
  32. Feb 21, 2014
    Simply... sublime.

Kevin Spacey once again knocks it out of the park with his charming portrayal of pure evil in the form of Francis Underwood.

This season truly ramps up the stakes to incredible heights and has every character fighting for their very survival, some politically, some literally.

Simply one of the finest seasons of any TV show ever.
  33. Feb 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Really? Frank's so evil and debaucherous that he's gay? Wasn't a fan of that or the ending really (the last few episodes dragged). But that might be 'cause I don't like gay things being thrown in my face... HEY-OOOHH! I wish they would've drug out him becoming president too... WHIP to president in two years (technically more like one)? But oh well. It get's compared against its competition, so, the season get's 8.5 from me, though I have to round that up or down for here... sooo... Expand
  34. Feb 21, 2014
    It's palpable; I've seen two episodes of season two and the writing has moved from Drama to Melodrama. I'm reminded more than anything of Archer [ which is awesome ].

Without the British source material that the first season had the writing in the second series has lost any motivation for the characters. The plots are so clearly visible, it's such a shame! It's feeling like Dallas

It's feeling like Dallas but in Washington, in a way that the first series, while very highly amped, never descended to cheap thrills. The murder in the first episode stinks of lack of direction and a little fear.

oh well. amazing series 1.
  35. Feb 20, 2014
    Realistic, not realistic, it plays on the perception many have on politicians. The back door deals, the deception, lies and favors many owe is how many see Washington. Kevin Spacey's old-school, sleaze-bag, cold-hearted politician is a sad representation of what perception is like.

Whether those in Washington feel this isn't accurate or true, they know as well as anyone, perception is always stronger than reality.

Best drama and acting all around, haven't felt this compelled to watch a show about politics, since hanging chads.
  36. Feb 17, 2014
    Excellent series, enjoyed it more than the first season. Don't bother with Bo33y's review, it will make your brain hurt, lay off the meth bro. Really looking forward to Season 3.
  37. Feb 16, 2014
    I have mixed feelings about Season 2 of House of Cards. For reasons that I can't quite explain or put my finger on, this season failed to captivate and hook me the way Season 1 did. When I started watching Season 1, I literally watched 9 episodes in a row and then finished the season about 6 hours later. I could not stop watching. The story drove forward with a powerful pace, and I wasI have mixed feelings about Season 2 of House of Cards. For reasons that I can't quite explain or put my finger on, this season failed to captivate and hook me the way Season 1 did. When I started watching Season 1, I literally watched 9 episodes in a row and then finished the season about 6 hours later. I could not stop watching. The story drove forward with a powerful pace, and I was beside myself with anticipation about what was going to happen next.

Season 2 did not deliver in the same way. Although the acting was exceptional, the cinematography was great, and the musical score was once again good, throughout a lot of Season 2 I was just...bored. A lot happened, but maybe TOO MUCH happened. It went in a few too many directions, and I didn't have the same concern for the characters as I did in Season 1. There are too many characters who are introduced (or re-introduced) who get far too little time on-screen for the viewer to really get involved in their stories. Too many of the originals from Season 1 show up, have some relatively trivial interactions, and then are dismissed again. It lends a bit of continuity, but adds little to the overall story.

Season 2 also lacks a good counterpoint for Frank Underwood. I won't say too much, but Raymond Tusk just isn't that interesting. I feel as though the rivalry between Tusk and Underwood received WAY too much attention and just wasn't that exciting. Along those lines, there are too many scenes where Underwood encounters "straw-man" opposition to his plans. It feels like Season 2 is a grueling marathon of tiny hurdles rather than being a challenging obstacle course. It feels tedious at points despite the excellent characterization.

Despite the aforementioned issues that Season 2 suffers from, it still delivers excellent performances by great actors, spins an epic power-struggle, and has exciting back-stabbings and double-crosses between characters that feel genuine. There are plenty of moments that my mouth dropped open in surprise or I found myself laughing and clapping at the sheer audacity of the characters. My primary letdown was that Season 2 felt diluted and weak in many places, instead of the powerful train-ride delivered in Season 1. I still would watch Season 2 again, however, and would suggest that you watch it if you enjoyed the first season.
  38. Feb 16, 2014
    I'll start off by saying I know nothing about politics so I can't make any claims specifically to the story. I enjoyed it. The acting is beautiful, the cinematography is awe inspiring, and most of all the suspense holds you through the whole series. Everything is part of an elaborate scheme that Frank and Claire have masterfully executed and putting the pieces together is more excitingI'll start off by saying I know nothing about politics so I can't make any claims specifically to the story. I enjoyed it. The acting is beautiful, the cinematography is awe inspiring, and most of all the suspense holds you through the whole series. Everything is part of an elaborate scheme that Frank and Claire have masterfully executed and putting the pieces together is more exciting than the first season. This series paints a very scary picture of how politics work in the modern world, and one that is reinforced by the believability that this series has established. House of Cards in my mind might not yet live up TV legends like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, or The Sopranos, but anyone can see why this is the best show not on television. Expand
  39. Feb 15, 2014
    After finishing season 1, i was eager to get more of this fantastic tv series. But i was also fearing that it would be hard for another season to keep up with the first one, since the series lived from the surprises in every new episode, and that gets harder the longer a series gets...

But I've just finished finished watching season 2 minutes ago, and it seems my concerns were completely unfounded. From the very first episode on, season 2 was even more thrilling than the first one, and every turn catched me completely by surprise.

I can't find any reason at all not to like this season. It's one of the best I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot.
  40. Feb 15, 2014
    The very best TV Show I have ever seen, keeps you in suspense, and takes sudden twists and turns, its unbelievable.
    I like how its filmed, and how it keeps you guessing.
    Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright, amongst the great cast, are doing a awesome job on screen.
  41. Feb 14, 2014
    I thought it could not get better than season one. I was incorrect. Spacey and Robin Wright are phenomenal as expected, but the show has seemingly come into its own as we are invested in every horrible deed Francis is apart of and find ourselves completely rooting for him to get away with it. The constant twists and turns leave you guessing and honestly, I have no idea how this one will wind up.
  42. Feb 14, 2014
    Something truly remarkable - building on an excellent setting of sensational season 1, House of Cards just gets more unpredictable, more intense and sophisticated. I've watched all 13 episodes in one sitting and it never let me down - I've never seen such an amount of masterfully executed plots, double-talk and lying to everyone around and yet getting away with it. The path of FrancisSomething truly remarkable - building on an excellent setting of sensational season 1, House of Cards just gets more unpredictable, more intense and sophisticated. I've watched all 13 episodes in one sitting and it never let me down - I've never seen such an amount of masterfully executed plots, double-talk and lying to everyone around and yet getting away with it. The path of Francis Underwood through political world is something you don't want to miss. Expand
  43. Feb 14, 2014
    My new favourite tv series. I don't get the criticism. this season is incredible . From the first episode you know that it's going to be more surprising than the first season.
    Best valentine's day gift ever .
  44. Iar
    Feb 14, 2014
    Jesus Christ. The first episode was awesome. Much better than some episodes of the first season. House of Cards is the sophisticated and ambitious Scandal!

1. Reviewed by: Matt Roush
    Feb 28, 2014
    Everyone's ruthlessly cynical machinations can take on a wearying predictability if devoured hour after hour without a break.
  2. Reviewed by: Alan Jones
    Feb 18, 2014
    Even if House of Cards is a cartoonish depiction of American politics, it's also a juicy, pulpy, entertaining thriller, and can easily be enjoyed on that level.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd VanDerWerff
    Feb 18, 2014
    Sure, the show’s “politics” feel ripped from a Politico comment section, and yes, the show’s plot doesn’t really go anywhere until the final handful of episodes. But the season also tosses an incredible number of balls in the air and manages to keep juggling them, which is impressive in and of itself.