House : Season 6

• Series Premiere Date: Nov 16, 2004
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
7.5

1. Mar 2, 2011
    I will watch every so often when I can't find anything else on. Vomit, faint, convulse, get rash, bleed from every orifice. Fight, back stab, nearly kill the patient, grumble, oops. Once the first team broke up it never seemed to get its momentum back. I did like the season where House was choosing his next team but the two male doctors are pretty boring. Now there are others on theI will watch every so often when I can't find anything else on. Vomit, faint, convulse, get rash, bleed from every orifice. Fight, back stab, nearly kill the patient, grumble, oops. Once the first team broke up it never seemed to get its momentum back. I did like the season where House was choosing his next team but the two male doctors are pretty boring. Now there are others on the team and I am not crazy about them. If you are doing the same basic medical scenario every week, you need interesting characters. Expand
  2. MikeN
    Sep 21, 2009
    Writing a story about recovering from mental illness is probably very tough and the premier episode does a decent job thanks to some clever writing and a good job by Laurie.... however..... the end is BAD. Healing a catatonic by means of a music box? Please. And the final message the episode exits on--- "Take your meds" is horrible. Awful. Repulsive.
  3. TomM.
    Sep 24, 2009
    I'm a little surprised at the ratings being given for this episode. I'm a fan of House and have all the seasons on dvd but this was, imo, dangerously close to a "jump the shark" episode. I expect better writing than this.
  4. LeoS
    Oct 4, 2009
    Actually i thought this was an EXCELLENT episode. but it was excellent in such a way that it would have made a perfect series finale. the show cannot continue after the developments in the hospital. as the following episode clued in on, the "character" of House is now crippled, not just his leg.

1. A trite, untrue mental-illness mystery insults the show's high IQ, but doesn't diminish the opener's capture-the-imagination thesis: that a redeemed House can be just as compelling as a rude House.
  2. The episode has a few sentimentality issues (any plot point involving a music box walks a very fine line), but it doesn't matter much because the characters are so vivid they even outshine House at times, which can only be good for him.
  3. Other complications arise as well, and Laurie is superb in this episode, carrying scenes so strongly that for long stretches the viewer will forget the absence of his regular colleagues entirely.