• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
7.3

1. Sep 15, 2011
    I never knew about this show until very recently and I accidentally watched an episode and after that I was hooked, since then i have watched every single episode ever made of the TV Show and it is absolutely amazing
  2. Jun 4, 2011
    This is nothing like friends, just people do not want to move on.....and they don't have to, but they also don't have to bring down every other show because this is a refreshing new show and is really funny! It has a great cast and once you start watching it.....you have to go buying every other series, it is just this AWESOME fire deep within you, a LEGENDARY watch!
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    This show is back to its roots,its clever comedy combined, hilarious storylines and heartwarming moments have all seemingly returned. You can't ask for much more.
  4. Dec 14, 2010
    Best show, ever. Still original,still awesome as they say, i love the show and even though they haven't told us who ted married yet i still love it.
  5. Jan 13, 2011
    Best comedy series, that's it. it should be rewarded with multiple golden globes and many other rewards, i mean, its the best comedy show i have ever seen, it is very unpredictable, very funny, very varied, and most of the things that happen int that show has happen to me and many other people, it is very highly well structured every episode and it just doesn't bore u at all unlike two andBest comedy series, that's it. it should be rewarded with multiple golden globes and many other rewards, i mean, its the best comedy show i have ever seen, it is very unpredictable, very funny, very varied, and most of the things that happen int that show has happen to me and many other people, it is very highly well structured every episode and it just doesn't bore u at all unlike two and a half men which i also like but its very repetitive same jokes same people, same house. i could see 10 episodes of how i met your mother in a row and not get bored at all... its always different and very well structured with unpredictable endings but at the same time they are all connected, its just beautiful. Expand
  6. Jan 20, 2011
    Season 6 has come back strong after season 5,which I believe was its weakest.Six seasons in and this show is still fresh,still funny and can still pull on some heart strings.I cant stand CBS,but this is the only show on that I like.
  7. Jun 4, 2011
    This show has a great cast , brilliant story lines , funny one-liners , believable plot and a huge amount of suspense as America , Europe and the rest of the world wait to find out who is the mother of , what has seem to become, our own.
  8. Jun 4, 2011
    An amazing show, NPH is outstanding and the others are irresistible! It is a knock-out, as NPH would say, it's LEGEN.....wait for it.......DARY! So funny and has it's deep moments! Incredible, beware though, you might get hooked on fun!
  9. Jun 9, 2011
    This is an amazing series! I love it an I am totally hooked on it! I am one of the thousands upon thousands of people that really want to know who is the mother and how we meet her! I love it, it is funny, and has a lot of suspense!
  10. Jul 5, 2011
    This series is H....O.....T !

And the madness continues! This series is amazing! This show is so exciting, refreshing and laugh-out-loud funny! SO MUCH BETTER THAN F.R.I.E.N.D.S. ! !
  11. Jul 2, 2012
    Being a long-term, big-time HIMYM fan, I can honestly say that Season 7 was quite mediocre. The season had its amazing episodes which retained the charm exerted in previous seasons, but there were too many episodes with boring script and dialogue, too less of the central gang 'hanging out' at the signature McLarens Bar, the painful and gradual downfall of Marshall as an exciting characterBeing a long-term, big-time HIMYM fan, I can honestly say that Season 7 was quite mediocre. The season had its amazing episodes which retained the charm exerted in previous seasons, but there were too many episodes with boring script and dialogue, too less of the central gang 'hanging out' at the signature McLarens Bar, the painful and gradual downfall of Marshall as an exciting character and SO much more. The lowest point in the series was definitely "The Burning Beekeeper" - featuring terrible, unfunny script, lack of the HIMYM charm and the annoying characters of Marshall's boss and Lily's father appearing more and more. "46 Minutes" was disastrous as well when the writers tried to move us by showing the evolution of the group, but only annoyed people that they were going to see less of McLarens Bar. Also, the creators tried to take a break from Ted, which I think is the main reason why everything fell apart in this season. It went from Ted to Barney to Robin to Barney again and then Lily and Marshall, giving the show's first few episodes amazing depth to the script, while some episodes were fillers and extremely annoying to watch. The most disappointing, however, was the finale. Not only did it lack the drama that was present in previous finales, it also lacked the core group's chemistry and showed Marshall as a plain lame character who apparently doesn't have a sense of humour. Lily used to be amazing - her sluttiness, loyalty, kindness and pure fun was all loved. These features of her came on-and-off the show in this season - and especially shows how the writers are kind of forcing the characters to grow up. For example, her biggest sexual moment in that season was when she 'sleep cheated' on Marshall. Now that, I find, is pathetic. So, I prove my point that Lily and Marshall have become boring, dull and lame characters.
    Now onto Barney. For many years, Barney has been the point-blanc source of comedy from the show, with his memorable quotes, strong personality and pure hilarity. He has also faded away - he has 'matured' into someone better, but this new Barney is simply not funny. His jokes are less funny and it really is awkward when he acts like the stereotypical adult. The writers might as well remove his signature suit - they've already removed his womanising skill! Also, throughout the season, Robin as a character faltered - she was either depressed, cut-down or split from the gang (from Ted Mosby at least).
    So as you can see, in this season the characters all went downhill, BIG time. All because they tried to focus on different characters instead of only Ted, forced the characters to mature, attempted to force a touching 'evolution' of the group, removed the hilarity of Robin's pathetic career and removed Barney's womanising traits. There were many things that went wrong in this season.
    Though there weren't only bad things about the season. When Robin found out that she couldn't have babies, the series hit a new high-note in terms of emotional depth, beating Marshall's dad's death in the previous season. This led the surrounding episodes to be depressing as well, burning out any elements of comedy - there were some consequences to this happening. Also, the season premiere was fantastic, as well as "Trilogy Time", "Karma", "The Drunk Train" and "Ducky Tie" bringing back the hilarity and charm of HIMYM. Overall, I hope that the writers focus on Ted and in general improve the comedy and laughs produced, while maintaining the emotional depth that HIMYM is capable of as well as letting characters grow naturally instead of awkwardly maturing into lame characters. And with that, I pray that Season 8 of HIMYM is a jaw-dropping season that stuns fans and brings back the same feeling you get with classic HIMYM episodes!
    Amen.

There are no critic reviews yet.