• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2005
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
6.9

1. Oct 4, 2011
    Being my favorite sitcom (show in general, even) on television these days, it's always enjoyable to see an episode on that I've either never seen, or haven't seen in a while. Season 7 is only four episodes in and it is already off to a great start. The style of storytelling is familiar without being overdone. The continuity is flawless, and the characters are enjoyable as always. I'mBeing my favorite sitcom (show in general, even) on television these days, it's always enjoyable to see an episode on that I've either never seen, or haven't seen in a while. Season 7 is only four episodes in and it is already off to a great start. The style of storytelling is familiar without being overdone. The continuity is flawless, and the characters are enjoyable as always. I'm excited that they're getting to the parts of the story where we start to figure out how everything gets tied together. All in all, Season 7 has started off great and I expect it to keep utilizing everything that made the show popular while unleashing new stories and hilarious situations. Collapse
  2. Oct 25, 2011
    This season of How I Met Your Mother continues the upwards trend it has displayed since its arguable low in season five with witty dialogue and an amazing cast. In quality, HIMYM and The Big Bang Theory clearly distance themselves from the otherwise redundant CBS comedies, and retain both humour and niveau.
  3. Jun 23, 2012
    Still has good jokes and good stories. It is more about the other characters than Ted these days but the Barney and Robin story is still good as long as they don't do too much Ross and Racheling.
  4. Jul 2, 2012
    Being a long-term, big-time HIMYM fan, I can honestly say that Season 7 was quite mediocre. The season had its amazing episodes which retained the charm exerted in previous seasons, but there were too many episodes with boring script and dialogue, too less of the central gang 'hanging out' at the signature McLarens Bar, the painful and gradual downfall of Marshall as an exciting characterBeing a long-term, big-time HIMYM fan, I can honestly say that Season 7 was quite mediocre. The season had its amazing episodes which retained the charm exerted in previous seasons, but there were too many episodes with boring script and dialogue, too less of the central gang 'hanging out' at the signature McLarens Bar, the painful and gradual downfall of Marshall as an exciting character and SO much more. The lowest point in the series was definitely "The Burning Beekeeper" - featuring terrible, unfunny script, lack of the HIMYM charm and the annoying characters of Marshall's boss and Lily's father appearing more and more. "46 Minutes" was disastrous as well when the writers tried to move us by showing the evolution of the group, but only annoyed people that they were going to see less of McLarens Bar. Also, the creators tried to take a break from Ted, which I think is the main reason why everything fell apart in this season. It went from Ted to Barney to Robin to Barney again and then Lily and Marshall, giving the show's first few episodes amazing depth to the script, while some episodes were fillers and extremely annoying to watch. The most disappointing, however, was the finale. Not only did it lack the drama that was present in previous finales, it also lacked the core group's chemistry and showed Marshall as a plain lame character who apparently doesn't have a sense of humour. Lily used to be amazing - her sluttiness, loyalty, kindness and pure fun was all loved. These features of her came on-and-off the show in this season - and especially shows how the writers are kind of forcing the characters to grow up. For example, her biggest sexual moment in that season was when she 'sleep cheated' on Marshall. Now that, I find, is pathetic. So, I prove my point that Lily and Marshall have become boring, dull and lame characters.
    Now onto Barney. For many years, Barney has been the point-blanc source of comedy from the show, with his memorable quotes, strong personality and pure hilarity. He has also faded away - he has 'matured' into someone better, but this new Barney is simply not funny. His jokes are less funny and it really is awkward when he acts like the stereotypical adult. The writers might as well remove his signature suit - they've already removed his womanising skill! Also, throughout the season, Robin as a character faltered - she was either depressed, cut-down or split from the gang (from Ted Mosby at least).
    So as you can see, in this season the characters all went downhill, BIG time. All because they tried to focus on different characters instead of only Ted, forced the characters to mature, attempted to force a touching 'evolution' of the group, removed the hilarity of Robin's pathetic career and removed Barney's womanising traits. There were many things that went wrong in this season.
    Though there weren't only bad things about the season. When Robin found out that she couldn't have babies, the series hit a new high-note in terms of emotional depth, beating Marshall's dad's death in the previous season. This led the surrounding episodes to be depressing as well, burning out any elements of comedy - there were some consequences to this happening. Also, the season premiere was fantastic, as well as "Trilogy Time", "Karma", "The Drunk Train" and "Ducky Tie" bringing back the hilarity and charm of HIMYM. Overall, I hope that the writers focus on Ted and in general improve the comedy and laughs produced, while maintaining the emotional depth that HIMYM is capable of as well as letting characters grow naturally instead of awkwardly maturing into lame characters. And with that, I pray that Season 8 of HIMYM is a jaw-dropping season that stuns fans and brings back the same feeling you get with classic HIMYM episodes!
    Amen.
  5. PHJ
    Mar 7, 2014
    Avatar is one of the few movies that I give 10 of 10, the movie has a great focus in the scenarios and in the graphics, witch makes your tecnologic experience with the movie outstanding. The actors and the performance is just perfect, they chosed the right actors for the right type of movie, just perfect. The history besides is intresting, how the movies organizes the humans and theAvatar is one of the few movies that I give 10 of 10, the movie has a great focus in the scenarios and in the graphics, witch makes your tecnologic experience with the movie outstanding. The actors and the performance is just perfect, they chosed the right actors for the right type of movie, just perfect. The history besides is intresting, how the movies organizes the humans and the Avatars is just great. And as a real fan of Avatar I need to say, WHAT A END! This movie is outstanding in all aspects. Expand

There are no critic reviews yet.