How I Met Your Mother : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
8.5

1. AdamA
    Sep 23, 2008
    The characters aren't the best (save for Barney), but their interplay makes up for it. I love it, but it may not be for everyone.
  2. RyanD
    Dec 13, 2009
    This is one of the best shows on TV. It is funny, well crafted and entertaining. 10/10 for Sure !
  3. CLeung
    Jan 25, 2009
    So many different opinions about this show. I love it, and I hated Friends, dislike pretty much every romantic comedy I've ever seen. Yet i follow this show religiously. I guess the writing is really witty and the characters really connect with the viewer.
  4. MattM
    Oct 26, 2009
    This show was recommended to me by a friend. At that point, I was anxious for something good to watch, as I had just finished with Arrested Development on DVD, and was waiting for Dollhouse to come back. On the whole, I found this show to be extremely well written and acted, but less funny than it should have been. The humor reminds me a lot of Friends, with a group of hip 20-somethings This show was recommended to me by a friend. At that point, I was anxious for something good to watch, as I had just finished with Arrested Development on DVD, and was waiting for Dollhouse to come back. On the whole, I found this show to be extremely well written and acted, but less funny than it should have been. The humor reminds me a lot of Friends, with a group of hip 20-somethings joking about sex and relationships, among many other things, but for some reason, I don't find myself laughing as hard as I would expect. Perhaps without the laugh track it would feel more natural, but as it is, the show feels very much like a dramedy trapped as a sitcom. Overall, very much worth it (Neil Patrick Harris, as the one unequivocally hilarious part of the show, is by himself enough to carry the humor), but nevertheless, expect to be entertained by smart writing and clever catchphrases, as opposed to the jokes themselves, which are generally good but not great. Expand
  5. DanielleD
    Apr 26, 2009
    Every week I eagerly await the newest episode of How I Met Your Mother... isn't that what great TV is? Not just whatever is on when you finally have time to watch... but actively seeking a show and watching every single episode!! To the reviewer that said the cast have no chemistry, I really would like to know what show you were actually watching? Cause it wasn't this one.
  6. JohnS
    May 28, 2009
    This is an amazingly funny and addicting show. Highly recommended.
  7. GuilhermeM
    Sep 19, 2009
    This show is awesome.
  8. Unagiboy
    Nov 29, 2005
    I had very looooow expectations when I heard the title of this show. But it has really grown on me. Both funny and sweet, it has some good writing and performances. In the short time it has been on the air, I've grown to like the characters. My only fear....how long can they write good stories before he meets his wife?
  9. ChristinaY
    Dec 13, 2005
    I like the show very much. In the episode 10, I feel a little sad when Robin asked Ted " Then why do you hide her for me?", and the music goes on... I feel eager to see the next episode.
  10. AlexanderO
    Nov 23, 2009
    This show is just legen- wait for it.... - dary! I can't remember the last time I watched a show this good. It's not only hillarious, but also heartwarming and cute. I simply love it, and hope it will continue to air for years to come!
  11. NoraH.
    Dec 21, 2009
    This is a great show . I never thought I`d say this, but it might even be better than friends! 10/10
  12. RachaelJ
    Dec 29, 2009
    This is one of the best shows on TV! In fact it's the only show I make sure I'm home to watch anything else I can miss...
  13. Nov 3, 2010
    This is, perhaps, the most fantastically written prime-time comedy in years. The actors and characters are absolutely irresistible. The show has strayed from its original concept, and many critics who are not regular viewers or fans of the show seem to focus on that as a negative aspect, but it's not. The show continues to provide funny, heart-warming, and interesting plots. You kind ofThis is, perhaps, the most fantastically written prime-time comedy in years. The actors and characters are absolutely irresistible. The show has strayed from its original concept, and many critics who are not regular viewers or fans of the show seem to focus on that as a negative aspect, but it's not. The show continues to provide funny, heart-warming, and interesting plots. You kind of have to be a regular viewer to enjoy this show, since it incorporates more references to earlier seasons and episodes than any show since Friends. Great show, 10/10 for sure. Expand
  14. Jun 13, 2011
    The show is witty, it has some great jokes stored in and I enjoy the show.
  15. Jan 13, 2011
    Time to laugh. One of the cutest TV series around. Imagine a group of friends, one of whom loves love to much, he is on an never ending search for the one. The story is set in the future and is about the tale a dad (Ted Mosby) tells his kids, about the journey made, to meet their mother. The episodes are filled with humor and tales of friendship. A must see for the whole family.
  16. Jan 13, 2011
    Best comedy series, that's it. it should be rewarded with multiple golden globes and many other rewards, i mean, its the best comedy show i have ever seen, it is very unpredictable, very funny, very varied, and most of the things that happen int that show has happen to me and many other people, it is very highly well structured every episode and it just doesn't bore u at all unlike two andBest comedy series, that's it. it should be rewarded with multiple golden globes and many other rewards, i mean, its the best comedy show i have ever seen, it is very unpredictable, very funny, very varied, and most of the things that happen int that show has happen to me and many other people, it is very highly well structured every episode and it just doesn't bore u at all unlike two and a half men which i also like but its very repetitive same jokes same people, same house. i could see 10 episodes of how i met your mother in a row and not get bored at all... its always different and very well structured with unpredictable endings but at the same time they are all connected, its just beautiful. Expand
  17. Apr 1, 2013
    I wasn't initially expecting to like How I Met Your Mother but, seeing as even the best comedies take time to find their stride, I decided to stick with it and as this first season progressed I certainly began to see its appeal. I found only the odd episode consistently funny throughout but each it was able to raise a smile, as well as a few laughs.

Importantly however, unlike a number

Importantly however, unlike a number of generic sitcoms, How I Met Your Mother it is often willing to experiment with the structure of episodes and the main cast also undoubtedly bring a certain charm to their roles making it easy to care about the characters ensuring the show is never less than watchable.
    How I Met Your Mother may not have instantly become essential viewing for me but I will certainly continue watching into the shows second season and beyond and we have certainly seen far worse sit-coms make their way to us from across the pond.

To anyone reading this review I would say this is definitely a show worth trying for yourself.
  18. May 31, 2011
    A very good sitcom, which has a great combination of comedy and romance. I think Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan play their roles incredibly well, and whilst some may understandably find Neil Patrick Harris' character a tad annoying, I think he does his job well. Overall, a great show
  19. Jun 23, 2011
    Compelling in that each character is so purely individual- and hilarious even when their personalities reach ridiculously absurd heights. The comedy is consistently present, and the cast is lovable. I can rewatch every episode many times over.
  20. Jul 5, 2011
    This show is the only thing that makes me laugh these days! Amazing! :D

MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE! :) We need a new few charachters! This so is like the best thing to watch! IF YOU DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW YOU HAVE TO! YOU ARE MISSING OUT!
  21. Jul 7, 2011
    barney's presence makes this show a must watch...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  22. Aug 2, 2011
    HIMYM is a gem. Solid acting, not always as funny as it should be, but never the less thrives on the presence of Neil Patrick Harris and Josh Radnor. However i hope i speak from everyone when i say CAN WE JUST MEET THE MOTHER ALREADY!
  23. Sep 8, 2011
    How I Met Your Mother, in my opinion, is the best american comedy since Friends, stellar cast, the best of whom has to be Neil Patrick Harris who play's a womaniser by the name of Barney Stinson. I came here assuming mostly good reviews but there seem to be a lot of people who do not rate this show at all, I can't understand why. I love it!
  24. Sep 11, 2011
    This is one of those show you shouldn't miss. It is so funny that I can't just stop laughing. NPH is just way too awesome in the role of "Barney Stinson". I wasn't so sure before trying out the first season. After I gave it a chance, I got addicted to that show right away. This show is going to be LEGEN - wait for it ... DARY !
  25. Nov 12, 2011
    I never knew about this show until very recently and I accidentally watched an episode and after that I was hooked, since then i have watched every single episode ever made of the TV Show and it is absolutely amazing
  26. Jan 31, 2012
    Every character is so irresistible, and although this is probably one of the weaker seasons for jokes, the story is really interesting enough to carry you through.
  27. Dec 30, 2011
    This show is very funny and creative, perfect for those who are just looking to have a good time. The plot is somewhat monotonous and it does not evolve with time, but its central element of random hilarious situations is very strong and unique. The script is well written and interesting, it never bores you and it manages to make you laugh with simple ideas. The trama includes a romanticThis show is very funny and creative, perfect for those who are just looking to have a good time. The plot is somewhat monotonous and it does not evolve with time, but its central element of random hilarious situations is very strong and unique. The script is well written and interesting, it never bores you and it manages to make you laugh with simple ideas. The trama includes a romantic story that involves all characters that is as much funny and touching that reflects happiness and love. We also have the reflective facet that proves to be a big contribution with its emotional and clever discourses, all connected to each episode's main theme. Filled with memorable moments and a friendly cast, How I Met Your Mother is a very entertaining and chill-out series that is truly a delight to watch. Expand
  28. Jul 10, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Good show. I wish I could say more. You won't find incredibly witty dialogue here, or well written humour. However, you will find good characters who act their parts well, and an intriguing storyline. The thing I really don't like about this show is how it's really dragged on over the years. They should've stopped this show when it wasn't stale and boring; however, they kept it going well past season 5 (which was the last season that was actually funny) due to the show's high ratings. The creators added to many unnecessary cliff hangers, and have added so many plot twists to the point that I just cringe whenever I see a bad one. Barney proposes to Quinn, and what happens? They flash forward to his wedding showing that the bride is Robin. This show is becoming a tedious affair to watch, and they should've finished the story long ago. Expand
  29. Jan 18, 2012
    I loved this show! I watch it all the time. However, I think the addition of Kal Penn could have been a bonus. However, his role in the show seems pushed. It is clearly not a permanent one ...
  30. Feb 6, 2012
    HIMYM has been one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a long time after falling in love with Friends. The inside jokes and even outside references (they make fun of Friends in one of the episodes) is hilarious. Like the fore-mentioned Friends, it does have it's flaws in that you can't readily pick up the show anywhere, you have to start from the beginning to really get the mostHIMYM has been one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a long time after falling in love with Friends. The inside jokes and even outside references (they make fun of Friends in one of the episodes) is hilarious. Like the fore-mentioned Friends, it does have it's flaws in that you can't readily pick up the show anywhere, you have to start from the beginning to really get the most out of it otherwise you'll lose out on the hilarity of the show and it's genius. HIMYM is a must watch and if you were a fan of Friends, you'll instantly fall in love with this show. Expand
  31. Nov 23, 2012
    I love this show, I really do, Is it perfect? No, there are times when jokes misfire but that's easy to overlook. This is a comedy that makes you laugh because of it's extremely clever writing and of course the hilarious characters played by some very talented actors with Neil Patrick Harris arguably being the highlight. But it's not all about comedy, there is genuine drama here and notI love this show, I really do, Is it perfect? No, there are times when jokes misfire but that's easy to overlook. This is a comedy that makes you laugh because of it's extremely clever writing and of course the hilarious characters played by some very talented actors with Neil Patrick Harris arguably being the highlight. But it's not all about comedy, there is genuine drama here and not the cheesy tact on kind of drama that you would expect, I genuinely did care about these characters and the chemistry they all share together on screen makes it even more engaging. While it's not the funniest comedy I've ever seen, I instantly fell for this show after I saw the first episode and I cannot wait to see how the story of how Ted meets the mother finally comes to an end. Expand
  32. Apr 4, 2012
    Although, the "Friends" resemblances are unmistakably similar (thanks Pamela), "How I Met Your Mother" is a different approach for different audience. The episodes themselves are edited confusingly for general TV viewings, but the show gives a homey and cozy atmosphere.

The characters in the show are somehow uncharismatic. I find the character "Ted" way too similar to Friend's "Ross", and "Marshall" to "Chandler", "Barney" to "Joey" (but the idiot part was removed), and "Robin" to "Rachel", and "Lily" to "Phoebe" and Monica".

My point is that the show is clearly similar to "Friends" in a good way. I truly enjoy the weird episodes of the show and frankly, quite random, but simply put, the show is quite joyful.
  33. May 6, 2012
    A completely brilliant show, starring Neil Patrick Harris who plays a hilarious role as a lady killer, joker called Barney. It's all about the story of how Ted (Josh Radnor) went through so much before he met his wife, every episode is just another hilarious story of his, he is telling the whole story to his kids hence 'How I Met Your Mother"

Who ever rated this '0' has no taste in pure

Who ever rated this '0' has no taste in pure hilarious American comedy and should go home.
  34. Jun 13, 2012
    This show is, wait for it.... LEGENDARY! This show has running gags that don't get old. There is great chemistry between the characters. There's is a perfect mix between drama and comedy. This show gave me hope for the future of sitcoms.
  35. Sep 4, 2012
    "How I met your mother" is a great TV show, believe me. Maybe the greatest one, but It doesn't top "Friends". However, It's funny, more because of Barney Stinson (the funniest character of the show). And the other actors are great too. And the story, well, It's good, but not fantastic. Still, "How I met your mother" is superb.
  36. Dec 30, 2012
    Great script and hilarious.
  37. Jun 12, 2013
    I've been watching this show from the start, since it aired to be accurate. And I love it, Barney's jokes with the playbook and his other books are fantastic. Ted being a little baby about not finding his love can be very touching at stages. but sometimes funny, because one time he gets a tramp stamp.
    Robin is a buzz kill, whenever Marshall has fun, 85% of the time she buzz kills the fun... Sometimes that is boring, but sometimes funny.
    Lily and Marshall, the lovely couple. They have been together for sooo long, and now they share something that they can't just erase from their lives.

They've added some fun things that I've never heard before. The slapbet for example, I had never heard anything about this until HIMYM.
  38. Dec 10, 2012
    This is one of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen in my life, especially because of the well-known actors. They are all great put together and they go through lots of adventures every time. I've gone through half of it, but in one week or two, I'll probably reach the last episode. (Hope not).
    If you are seeing this review and you have never seen "How I met your mother", I beg you to do so. Whether you watch it on the internet or buy it.
  39. Dec 26, 2012
    It is a comedy and it is funny, what else can there actually be for this genre. it does have some inconsistency in delivring the humor but 8 season in I still enjoy their company on screen.
  40. Mar 30, 2013
    This show is so amazing and it will be sad to see it go after season 9, the acting is amazing and I like the fact that it isn't a crappy sitcom with dumb jokes, its shows a lot of smarts and doesn't take itself too seriously
  41. Jan 16, 2013
    I have a habit of hearing about a show and immediately deciding whether I'd like it or not. For years I neglected to watch this show because I figured I wouldn't like it. Well, after watching The Office from beginning to end 4 times, I figured I'd try a different show. I put on How I Met Your Mother and was immediately hooked. I love it!

The show is hilarious, the cast is great and the

The show is hilarious, the cast is great and the actual lessons they teach are something you can learn from. The flashbacks and how Ted tells the stories bring you more into the story than it just playing out. I've already finished Season 7 and desperately waiting for Season 8 to come out on Netflix. I started watching it from the beginning again to kill time until it does.

If you love comedy with a twist, this is the perfect show for you.
  42. Feb 18, 2013
    The characters are best ones since "Friends". Unfortunately during the last few seasons writers obviously start to run out of ideas and we see episodes with singing and dancing, celebrity guests, very odd scripts and... you know the drill. But still it tells something about the series that you will keep watching to know the answer to the title of the show.
  43. Apr 10, 2013
    It is the modern day 'Friends', but more 'out there' and adult. I quickly got hooked and find it a fantastic show to watch whilst doing other things or to give me a guaranteed laugh. Within weeks I had watched the first seven series' so it is most certainly addictive. The show is quite simply legend wait for it dary!
    Warning you need to be able to handle canned laughter, potentially be
    Warning you need to be able to handle canned laughter, potentially be under 40 and like American culture otherwise I expect you won't like this series.
  44. Aug 10, 2013
    I immediately got hooked on the very first episode, when I watched it last year in June. I finished watching the entire series within a month. A year later, I find my self rewatching it for the second time. Almost done with season 1 and not going to stop watching until I finish it off again, and then season 9 will be on TV :D
  45. Jun 1, 2013
    A truly wonderful sitcom that manages to strike a brilliant balance between comic moments and impressive character development. HIMYM's characters seem realistic and draw the audience in making them truly feel emotions towards the characters of the show.

The way in which the story is told through a series of flashbacks is also very impressive and a great deal of credit must go to the writers as this cannot have been an easy way to write the show but simply it works.
  46. Jun 12, 2013
    I didn't bother to watch "How I Met Your Mother" the title didn't sound to convincing. Then one day I didn't have nothing to do. So I finally decided to watch it. I regret not watching it when the first episode aired. I absolutely love this show! It's so funny. Every episode is funny. Especially the womanizer Barney. The show also show and tells you positive messages throughout the series.I didn't bother to watch "How I Met Your Mother" the title didn't sound to convincing. Then one day I didn't have nothing to do. So I finally decided to watch it. I regret not watching it when the first episode aired. I absolutely love this show! It's so funny. Every episode is funny. Especially the womanizer Barney. The show also show and tells you positive messages throughout the series. Like don't give up on friends and that they will always be there for you. Another great one is that do something and realize if its a mistake or not if it is don't do it again. And last one is don't give up keep trying. Overall this is a funny romantic positive show. That in every episode it keeps you entertained not bored. I absolutely love this show. It's a most see tv show! I give it a 10 out of 10 Expand
  47. Jun 18, 2013
    NEVER END PLEASE Because this is Legen-Wait for it DARY Such a good show Big Bang is so over rated, and this show with such depth and no continuous 'fillers' (pointless episodes made to fill up spaces) like honestly one episode penny says she loves Leonard well yeah it just leave that chuck Lorre go back to two and a half men which you have left for dead R.I.P TWO AND A HALF MEM
  48. Jun 16, 2013
    simply one of the best American series of all time
    the story is very good
    the flashbacks and the flash-forwards are very well organised
    and the actors are very funny
  49. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When first hearing this show I was skeptical that it would be any good. However on watching it, I came to realize that is was a very good show indeed. The jokes are generally funny on the show (which is important for a comedy) and it is easy to like and relate to the characters. Exploring the past of Ted Mosby through his future perspective gives it an unique element that other comedies most certainly lack. The season ends well, and certainly encourages you to want to start watching season 2. Expand
  50. Aug 7, 2013
    this show literally makes me laugh every episode. I can see how people wouldnt find it funny though, its one of those shows that u either love or hate.
  51. Sep 19, 2013
    HIMYM is a great show, there have been a lot of complaints about the story line but in all fairness, its a funny show and super entertaining. I for one never got bored from watching it.
  52. Nov 7, 2013
    How I Met Your Mother is one of those sitcoms where you sit down to have a good laugh and it turns out to have heart warming stories and a bunch of amazing personalities. Season One kicks off the show extraordinarily well, its filled with a bunch of memorable moments like when Ted steels the blue french horn for Robin, when Ted meets Victoria, new years, and a whole bunch more. HonestlyHow I Met Your Mother is one of those sitcoms where you sit down to have a good laugh and it turns out to have heart warming stories and a bunch of amazing personalities. Season One kicks off the show extraordinarily well, its filled with a bunch of memorable moments like when Ted steels the blue french horn for Robin, when Ted meets Victoria, new years, and a whole bunch more. Honestly when i started watching this show i did not expect it to become one of my top 5 favorite TV Shows. Its gonna be Legen- wait for it, and i hope your not lactose an tolerant because the second part of that word is dary. Expand
  53. Nov 9, 2013
    This was my favorite show for a long time however I think this final season concept is terrible and is dreadful to watch. I feel like in 8 episode so far this season, the show has not gone anywhere. All it is this season is a bunch of jokes that are not even funny. I miss the lighthearted moments that made it more of comedy drama.
  54. Nov 17, 2013
    This show is downright fantastic and very entertaining. I grew up watching this show and It's been a part of my life since it began in 2005. Performances from Harris and Smulders are phenomenal. Keep up the good work!!!!

Grade: 98%
  55. Feb 2, 2017
    How I Met Your Mother’s pilot season moves at a quick pace and provides plenty of laughs, although it is derivative of other sitcoms and can’t help feel inferior to ‘Friends’.
  56. Nov 28, 2013
    Yes, the show can be cheesy sometimes, but that's its' appeal. It's a light-hearted comedy which is pretty funny the characters are likeable and the show is entertaining.
  57. PHJ
    Mar 7, 2014
    Great starturn! The show sems like some kind of Friends and Big Bang Theory, but the idea is great and the shows follows it nicely, the characters are outstanding, the actors are great as well the performance, just great!

It's a starturn for this show really, but somes jokes sems to be repetitives, isn't something that spoilers the show at all, but is a little awkward detail.
  58. Dec 31, 2013
    A good start to a promising show. The show is very very smart, it keeps track of every single detail and remembers them to use in the future. The characters feel like real friends because of the way they have little jokes between them, very good start indeed. Although would make a better drama than comedy.
  59. Sep 14, 2015
    How I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) is a bit of a roller coaster when it comes to quality, especially in the later seasons, but overall it was still a worth while and funny show. This review is going to be tinged with disappointment because of how it all ended, but I loved the show, which is why I still rate and regard it highly. The jokes were funny, the plot was interesting, and the acting wasHow I Met Your Mother (HIMYM) is a bit of a roller coaster when it comes to quality, especially in the later seasons, but overall it was still a worth while and funny show. This review is going to be tinged with disappointment because of how it all ended, but I loved the show, which is why I still rate and regard it highly. The jokes were funny, the plot was interesting, and the acting was fantastic. I came to really care about the characters and I became really invested in finding out who would be the mother. However, I wasn't a fan of the S9 series finale and I wasn't a fan of how long the show remained on the air. The longer it went on the more it felt like the writers had lost the plot. By the end it was almost painful to watch. HIMYM just didn't stick the landing. Expand
  60. Apr 6, 2014
    It's like Pulp Fiction in a way. The story is jumbled in confusing ways which eventually lead up to It's grand point. How I Met Your Mother does this well. It's entertaining in comedy, but that just might be It's only entertaining point.
  61. Jul 15, 2014
    HILARIOUS, but not just that. It is so much in itself. I love it, its so funny, but at the same time, I cried at times, it's story is amazing, it just rocks.
  62. Sep 8, 2015
    Funny and creatively written how i met your mother is a great tv series with a great blend of comedy romance and drama. It's one of the better shows out there!

7.8/10
  63. Oct 1, 2014
    How I Met your mother may be the greatest show of all time. I have watched it many times and even though the ended annoyed me the first time i watched I came to learn how the planning of the show was so precise that it could not have ended any other way.
  64. Oct 22, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This show is amazing! I know a lot of people are slating the show saying it isn't funny and whatever and I can see that if you just watch the odd episode then you might be somewhat justified in that opinion. But seriously, watch it from the beginning and I assure you that you will love it! It truly is one of the cleverest sitcoms ever made and to anyone who thinks it isn't well written...you are just wrong! All I'd say is that even if you don't like it at first and don't think it's as funny as some others out there, stick with it and you will grow to love it and see that sitcoms don't just have to be about laughs all the time. The best show ever! Expand
  65. Dec 18, 2015
    Season 1 of How I Met Your Mother is incredible. It has a great story line and is really funny. The characters are unique and funny. This season is original and creative.
  66. Jan 13, 2016
    A romantic comedy with a simple plot. The Show has a different style of narration and the amazing chemistry between the actors make it so appeaing. All the Characters and the script make these series such a huge hit.
  67. May 8, 2016
    Es muy tarde para reseñar esta serie pero el cariño por éste grupo amerita el tiempo empleado, "How I Met Your Mother" es una comedia romántica donde nos presenta a Ted Mosby, un padre que quiere contarle la historia a sus hijos de como conoció a su madre, narrando así su vida en New York con su grupo de amigos.
    La serie es es muy entretenida en estos 22 primeros episodios donde cada
    La serie es es muy entretenida en estos 22 primeros episodios donde cada personaje recibe su cuota en pantalla para ganarse el afecto de la audiencia, la trama nos muestra como Ted conoce a Robin Scherbatsky, una periodista más casada con su carrera que con el amor, y las hazañas que Ted y el grupo viven para verlos a éstos dos juntos, teniendo sus altas y bajas en el proceso.
    Mi recomendación es si les interesa esta serie disfruten cada uno de éstos episodios, el humor es fresco, la cuota romántica esta presente ya sea por Ted o Marshall y Lilly y todo se balancea a la perfección.
  68. May 7, 2016
    This show is great. Comical, deep, and emotional, HIMYM is the perfect blend of it all as each character brings a very unique, relatable (except Barney for most of us), and likeable presence to the set. At times they go a little overboard with the emotional sound bites and it just sounds bad, but overall the story is incredible and very well developed.
  69. May 27, 2016
    100/10. This is my favorite serie ever! I've watched this more than 5 times for sure. But stop in the last ep. and imagine the rest because the last 10 min are sh*t!
  70. Jun 6, 2016
    One of my favorite sitcoms so far. Being extremely hilarious, it's like another version of Friends. Perhaps, friends with better lives. However, the ending did put it off a little bit. The build up to the ending was amazing, but the ending didn't live up to my expectations.

1. Boston Globe
    Reviewed by: Matthew Gilbert
    Like ''Friends," this is not a big-themed series so much as a bunch of little character jokes and relationship confusions getting batted around by an able cast.
    The script is just poor.
  3. Chicago Tribune
    Reviewed by: Maureen Ryan
    Manages to get the balance of cuddliness and snark just right.