• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 19, 2005
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9
8.4

1. Jun 4, 2011
    This is nothing like friends, just people do not want to move on.....and they don't have to, but they also don't have to bring down every other show because this is a refreshing new show and is really funny! It has a great cast and once you start watching it.....you have to go buying every other series, it is just this AWESOME fire deep within you, a LEGENDARY watch!
  2. Sep 14, 2011
    Although it has some ideas stolen from "Friends" it still has a catchy storyline and five characters that have a consistent personality. The show has funny jokes to spend a good time and laugh a lot.
  3. Apr 3, 2013
    One of my favourite shows and one of the best TV has to offer... Although you can tell it got most of its ideas from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. the storyline is unique funny and you get attached to the characters from the first episode. In addition to that the way they show us the mother in the episodes is genius and you just cant wait to find out who she is... The only reason its not getting a 10/10 is that some episodes can get a bit boring... Expand
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    This show has a great cast , brilliant story lines , funny one-liners , believable plot and a huge amount of suspense as America , Europe and the rest of the world wait to find out who is the mother of , what has seem to become, our own.
  5. Jun 9, 2011
    This is an amazing series! I love it an I am totally hooked on it! I am one of the thousands upon thousands of people that really want to know who is the mother and how we meet her! I love it, it is funny, and has a lot of suspense!
  6. Jun 4, 2011
    An amazing show, NPH is outstanding and the others are irresistible! It is a knock-out, as NPH would say, it's LEGEN.....wait for it.......DARY! So funny and has it's deep moments! Incredible, beware though, you might get hooked on fun!
  7. Oct 28, 2012
    In my opinion How I Met Your Mother is one of the best TV shows ever. Especially Barney Stinson makes it very funny for the viewer, because his art is very cool. The story is most times good, but there are some lows, too. Some people say that it's boring, however this show is amazing and should never end.
  8. Nov 3, 2010
    This is, perhaps, the most fantastically written prime-time comedy in years. The actors and characters are absolutely irresistible. The show has strayed from its original concept, and many critics who are not regular viewers or fans of the show seem to focus on that as a negative aspect, but it's not. The show continues to provide funny, heart-warming, and interesting plots. You kind of have to be a regular viewer to enjoy this show, since it incorporates more references to earlier seasons and episodes than any show since Friends. Great show, 10/10 for sure. Expand
  9. Jan 13, 2011
    Time to laugh. One of the cutest TV series around. Imagine a group of friends, one of whom loves love to much, he is on an never ending search for the one. The story is set in the future and is about the tale a dad (Ted Mosby) tells his kids, about the journey made, to meet their mother. The episodes are filled with humor and tales of friendship. A must see for the whole family.
  10. Jan 13, 2011
    Best comedy series, that's it. it should be rewarded with multiple golden globes and many other rewards, i mean, its the best comedy show i have ever seen, it is very unpredictable, very funny, very varied, and most of the things that happen int that show has happen to me and many other people, it is very highly well structured every episode and it just doesn't bore u at all unlike two and a half men which i also like but its very repetitive same jokes same people, same house. i could see 10 episodes of how i met your mother in a row and not get bored at all... its always different and very well structured with unpredictable endings but at the same time they are all connected, its just beautiful. Expand
  11. Jun 23, 2011
    Compelling in that each character is so purely individual- and hilarious even when their personalities reach ridiculously absurd heights. The comedy is consistently present, and the cast is lovable. I can rewatch every episode many times over.
  12. Jul 5, 2011
    This show is the only thing that makes me laugh these days! Amazing! :D

MOVIE MOVIE MOVIE! :) We need a new few charachters! This so is like the best thing to watch! IF YOU DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW YOU HAVE TO! YOU ARE MISSING OUT!
  13. Jul 7, 2011
    barney's presence makes this show a must watch...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  14. Sep 8, 2011
    How I Met Your Mother, in my opinion, is the best american comedy since Friends, stellar cast, the best of whom has to be Neil Patrick Harris who play's a womaniser by the name of Barney Stinson. I came here assuming mostly good reviews but there seem to be a lot of people who do not rate this show at all, I can't understand why. I love it!
  15. Sep 11, 2011
    This is one of those show you shouldn't miss. It is so funny that I can't just stop laughing. NPH is just way too awesome in the role of "Barney Stinson". I wasn't so sure before trying out the first season. After I gave it a chance, I got addicted to that show right away. This show is going to be LEGEN - wait for it ... DARY !
  16. Nov 12, 2011
    I never knew about this show until very recently and I accidentally watched an episode and after that I was hooked, since then i have watched every single episode ever made of the TV Show and it is absolutely amazing
  17. Feb 6, 2012
    HIMYM has been one of the most entertaining shows I've watched in a long time after falling in love with Friends. The inside jokes and even outside references (they make fun of Friends in one of the episodes) is hilarious. Like the fore-mentioned Friends, it does have it's flaws in that you can't readily pick up the show anywhere, you have to start from the beginning to really get the most out of it otherwise you'll lose out on the hilarity of the show and it's genius. HIMYM is a must watch and if you were a fan of Friends, you'll instantly fall in love with this show. Expand
  18. Nov 23, 2012
    I love this show, I really do, Is it perfect? No, there are times when jokes misfire but that's easy to overlook. This is a comedy that makes you laugh because of it's extremely clever writing and of course the hilarious characters played by some very talented actors with Neil Patrick Harris arguably being the highlight. But it's not all about comedy, there is genuine drama here and not the cheesy tact on kind of drama that you would expect, I genuinely did care about these characters and the chemistry they all share together on screen makes it even more engaging. While it's not the funniest comedy I've ever seen, I instantly fell for this show after I saw the first episode and I cannot wait to see how the story of how Ted meets the mother finally comes to an end. Expand
  19. Apr 4, 2012
    Although, the "Friends" resemblances are unmistakably similar (thanks Pamela), "How I Met Your Mother" is a different approach for different audience. The episodes themselves are edited confusingly for general TV viewings, but the show gives a homey and cozy atmosphere.

The characters in the show are somehow uncharismatic. I find the character "Ted" way too similar to Friend's "Ross", and
    "Marshall" to "Chandler", "Barney" to "Joey" (but the idiot part was removed), and "Robin" to "Rachel", and "Lily" to "Phoebe" and Monica".

My point is that the show is clearly similar to "Friends" in a good way. I truly enjoy the weird episodes of the show and frankly, quite random, but simply put, the show is quite joyful.
  20. May 6, 2012
    A completely brilliant show, starring Neil Patrick Harris who plays a hilarious role as a lady killer, joker called Barney. It's all about the story of how Ted (Josh Radnor) went through so much before he met his wife, every episode is just another hilarious story of his, he is telling the whole story to his kids hence 'How I Met Your Mother"

Who ever rated this '0' has no taste in pure
    hilarious American comedy and should go home. Expand
  21. Jun 13, 2012
    This show is, wait for it.... LEGENDARY! This show has running gags that don't get old. There is great chemistry between the characters. There's is a perfect mix between drama and comedy. This show gave me hope for the future of sitcoms.
  22. rah
    Nov 3, 2012
    I love this show. Every week it makes me laugh hysterically and gives me a reason to come back. All the actors are great, but what really makes me laugh is Barney Stinson played by Neil Patrick Harris. I highly recommend this show.
  23. Dec 30, 2012
    Great script and hilarious.
  24. Jun 12, 2013
    I've been watching this show from the start, since it aired to be accurate. And I love it, Barney's jokes with the playbook and his other books are fantastic. Ted being a little baby about not finding his love can be very touching at stages. but sometimes funny, because one time he gets a tramp stamp.
    Robin is a buzz kill, whenever Marshall has fun, 85% of the time she buzz kills the
    fun... Sometimes that is boring, but sometimes funny.
    Lily and Marshall, the lovely couple. They have been together for sooo long, and now they share something that they can't just erase from their lives.

They've added some fun things that I've never heard before. The slapbet for example, I had never heard anything about this until HIMYM.
  25. Dec 10, 2012
    This is one of the best romantic comedies I've ever seen in my life, especially because of the well-known actors. They are all great put together and they go through lots of adventures every time. I've gone through half of it, but in one week or two, I'll probably reach the last episode. (Hope not).
    If you are seeing this review and you have never seen "How I met your mother", I beg you
    to do so. Whether you watch it on the internet or buy it. Expand
  26. Mar 30, 2013
    This show is so amazing and it will be sad to see it go after season 9, the acting is amazing and I like the fact that it isn't a crappy sitcom with dumb jokes, its shows a lot of smarts and doesn't take itself too seriously
  27. Jan 16, 2013
    I have a habit of hearing about a show and immediately deciding whether I'd like it or not. For years I neglected to watch this show because I figured I wouldn't like it. Well, after watching The Office from beginning to end 4 times, I figured I'd try a different show. I put on How I Met Your Mother and was immediately hooked. I love it!

The show is hilarious, the cast is great and the
    actual lessons they teach are something you can learn from. The flashbacks and how Ted tells the stories bring you more into the story than it just playing out. I've already finished Season 7 and desperately waiting for Season 8 to come out on Netflix. I started watching it from the beginning again to kill time until it does.

If you love comedy with a twist, this is the perfect show for you.
  28. Apr 10, 2013
    It is the modern day 'Friends', but more 'out there' and adult. I quickly got hooked and find it a fantastic show to watch whilst doing other things or to give me a guaranteed laugh. Within weeks I had watched the first seven series' so it is most certainly addictive. The show is quite simply legend wait for it dary!
    Warning you need to be able to handle canned laughter, potentially be
    under 40 and like American culture otherwise I expect you won't like this series. Expand
  29. Aug 10, 2013
    I immediately got hooked on the very first episode, when I watched it last year in June. I finished watching the entire series within a month. A year later, I find my self rewatching it for the second time. Almost done with season 1 and not going to stop watching until I finish it off again, and then season 9 will be on TV :D
  30. Jun 1, 2013
    A truly wonderful sitcom that manages to strike a brilliant balance between comic moments and impressive character development. HIMYM's characters seem realistic and draw the audience in making them truly feel emotions towards the characters of the show.

The way in which the story is told through a series of flashbacks is also very impressive and a great deal of credit must go to the
    writers as this cannot have been an easy way to write the show but simply it works. Expand
  31. Jun 12, 2013
    I didn't bother to watch "How I Met Your Mother" the title didn't sound to convincing. Then one day I didn't have nothing to do. So I finally decided to watch it. I regret not watching it when the first episode aired. I absolutely love this show! It's so funny. Every episode is funny. Especially the womanizer Barney. The show also show and tells you positive messages throughout the series. Like don't give up on friends and that they will always be there for you. Another great one is that do something and realize if its a mistake or not if it is don't do it again. And last one is don't give up keep trying. Overall this is a funny romantic positive show. That in every episode it keeps you entertained not bored. I absolutely love this show. It's a most see tv show! I give it a 10 out of 10 Expand
  32. Jun 18, 2013
    NEVER END PLEASE Because this is Legen-Wait for it DARY Such a good show Big Bang is so over rated, and this show with such depth and no continuous 'fillers' (pointless episodes made to fill up spaces) like honestly one episode penny says she loves Leonard well yeah it just leave that chuck Lorre go back to two and a half men which you have left for dead R.I.P TWO AND A HALF MEM
  33. Jun 16, 2013
    simply one of the best American series of all time
    the story is very good
    the flashbacks and the flash-forwards are very well organised
    and the actors are very funny
  34. Jul 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When first hearing this show I was skeptical that it would be any good. However on watching it, I came to realize that is was a very good show indeed. The jokes are generally funny on the show (which is important for a comedy) and it is easy to like and relate to the characters. Exploring the past of Ted Mosby through his future perspective gives it an unique element that other comedies most certainly lack. The season ends well, and certainly encourages you to want to start watching season 2. Expand
  35. Aug 7, 2013
    this show literally makes me laugh every episode. I can see how people wouldnt find it funny though, its one of those shows that u either love or hate.
  36. Sep 19, 2013
    HIMYM is a great show, there have been a lot of complaints about the story line but in all fairness, its a funny show and super entertaining. I for one never got bored from watching it.
  37. Sep 17, 2013
    My favorite show. It takes humor, wit, and some romance and blend it in a pleasant show with appealing actors and an original storyline. Also, the way they present the mother and use symbolism throughout the show is genius.
  38. Nov 7, 2013
    How I Met Your Mother is one of those sitcoms where you sit down to have a good laugh and it turns out to have heart warming stories and a bunch of amazing personalities. Season One kicks off the show extraordinarily well, its filled with a bunch of memorable moments like when Ted steels the blue french horn for Robin, when Ted meets Victoria, new years, and a whole bunch more. Honestly when i started watching this show i did not expect it to become one of my top 5 favorite TV Shows. Its gonna be Legen- wait for it, and i hope your not lactose an tolerant because the second part of that word is dary. Expand
  39. Nov 17, 2013
    This show is downright fantastic and very entertaining. I grew up watching this show and It's been a part of my life since it began in 2005. Performances from Harris and Smulders are phenomenal. Keep up the good work!!!!

Grade: 98%
  40. PHJ
    Mar 7, 2014
    Great starturn! The show sems like some kind of Friends and Big Bang Theory, but the idea is great and the shows follows it nicely, the characters are outstanding, the actors are great as well the performance, just great!

It's a starturn for this show really, but somes jokes sems to be repetitives, isn't something that spoilers the show at all, but is a little awkward detail.
  41. Jul 15, 2014
    HILARIOUS, but not just that. It is so much in itself. I love it, its so funny, but at the same time, I cried at times, it's story is amazing, it just rocks.
  42. Oct 1, 2014
    How I Met your mother may be the greatest show of all time. I have watched it many times and even though the ended annoyed me the first time i watched I came to learn how the planning of the show was so precise that it could not have ended any other way.

Like ''Friends," this is not a big-themed series so much as a bunch of little character jokes and relationship confusions getting batted around by an able cast.
    The script is just poor.
    Manages to get the balance of cuddliness and snark just right.