• Network: CBS
  • Series Premiere Date: Sep 29, 2011
  • Season #: 1
2.9

1. Nov 18, 2011
    What a piece of garbage this turned out to be and its reallly dissapointing as I love Kevin Dillon. CBS really outdone themselves with this show, who even alowed it to air. The person responsible for this show should be fired and jailed.
  2. TGB
    Oct 27, 2011
    Highly unfunny. I couldn't find anything in the pilot to laugh at. Overacted, forced plot, and a script without any humor. Also rather insulting to those of us who are good guys, that we have anything to learn from a meathead jerk. Bad, bad, bad. Good riddance.
  3. Oct 18, 2011
    DIE DIE DIE this show sucked it wasn't funny kevin dillen was better on entourage he made a mistake with thus show it wasn't written well it wasn't funny.
  4. Oct 14, 2011
    The thought this series was funny and had great potential. And it most definitely had an excellent cast that deserved a chance to smooth out the kinks and find there audience.
    It's been a sad state of comedy affairs this season.
  5. Oct 12, 2011
    Kevin Dillon deserved a better vehicle. He's brilliant as Johnny Drama and should have been in a program that showcased his talents. The producers gave the HTBG stupid and obvious scripts, and annoying caricatures instead of characters. No one expected it to be as tight and entertaining as Entourage, but this is ridiculous. Advice to networks - get your act together and get this actor into the right show. Kevin Dillon was NOT the problem here. Expand
  6. Oct 6, 2011
    This show is horrifyingly terrible. I can't believe my beloved Johnny Drama stepped down to this level. It is literally the worst thing on television right now, just slightly edging out The X Factor.
  7. Oct 3, 2011
    Behold! The worst thing to ever be on television! I can't believe Johnny Drama agreed to do this. It sucks immensely. This should and hopefully will be the first show to be cancelled.
  8. Oct 3, 2011
    Absolute, utter crap. I can't believe I missed the best episode yet of Parks and Recreation to watch the awful pilot to this awful excuse for a show. You would have to be high to give this a positive review. I can't wait to see the announcement of its cancellation.
  9. Oct 3, 2011
    An insult to the comedy genre. Not at all funny, horribly acted and generally just a terrible show. The writing is weak and the setting is ridiculous. The characters have no area for growth and are bug stereotypes. Johnny Drama is so much better than this and should be doing something so much better than this. I honestly can't believe that any fool has given this show a positive review. Words cannot express how much I hated this. Collapse
  10. Oct 2, 2011
    I thought the show was hilarious and am stoked to see Rhys Darby and Dave Foley back on the box with Cricket and Johnny Drama. I love Parks and Recreation but I'll be with these guys.
  11. Oct 2, 2011
    I LOVED THIS SHOW! Great acting! Great cast! Dave Foley and Rhys Darby are hilarious and Dillon and Hornsby have great chemistry together. I can't wait to see where it goes next week!
  12. Oct 1, 2011
    The only thing that I hate more than the pilot episode to How To Be a Gentleman is federal taxes. Kevin Dillon is not in the right post-Entourage role. The writing is weak. The characters are flat.
  13. Sep 30, 2011
    Not funny. Terrible acting. Terrible writing. Terrible jokes. Terrible show. CBS needs to step it up with their comedies. This and Mike and Molly are two of the worst comedies on TV.
  14. Sep 30, 2011
    Is CBS out of their minds? This is the worst show on TV since Glee. I didn't laugh for one second during the premiere. This needs to be cancelled. Watch Parks and Recreation at 8:30 on NBC instead.
  15. Sep 30, 2011
    The only positive thing I can say about this sludge is that it cured my constipation.
    Is Johnny Drama really this talentless? Apparently. The writing made me cringe, the acting made me think I (or anyone for that matter) could act, and the concept
    was, well, deull and lack any imagination. Really, who would pay to air this crap?
    Oh, right.
  16. Sep 30, 2011
    Kevin Dillon is a hoot. The rest of the cast is okay. But this was only the pilot and hows always improve on the pilot. So this should only get better. I give it a thumbs up and look forward to next weeks episode.
  17. Sep 29, 2011
    At a benchmark of less than 10 minutes into the pilot episode, this gentleman fails to keep a balance of proper etiquette and proper humor. HOW TO BE A GENTLEMAN is not a good show.

1. Reviewed by: David Hinckley
    Sep 30, 2011
    There's nothing to really dislike about CBS' new sitcom How to Be a Gentleman. There's just not that much there at all.
  2. Reviewed by: Robert Lloyd
    Sep 29, 2011
    I've watched the pilot possibly too many times not to notice how the parts have been glued together and the jokes teed up, but the performances are good.
  3. Reviewed by: Jonathan Storm
    Sep 29, 2011
    It seems to have an awful lot in common with a group of shows that never [found themselves], the generic and unfunny fodder that NBC threw up between its popular comedies back when it ruled Thursday nights with Friends, Seinfeld, Frasier, and Will and Grace.