• Network: Showtime
  • Series Premiere Date: Nov 1, 2004
Season #: 1, 2
8.1

Apr 4, 2006
    I am stunned to see these reviews. I thought the premiere was fantastic. With acclaimed shit like "Grey's Anatomy" on TV, you would think that a quality drama would be welcomed by the critics. Aside from the Sopranos, I havent seen a single more riveting premiere so far this season. The performances alone just blow away most every other show at the moment. Even Sharon Stone wasnt I am stunned to see these reviews. I thought the premiere was fantastic. With acclaimed shit like "Grey's Anatomy" on TV, you would think that a quality drama would be welcomed by the critics. Aside from the Sopranos, I havent seen a single more riveting premiere so far this season. The performances alone just blow away most every other show at the moment. Even Sharon Stone wasnt terrible. HOW DARE YOU! elitist jackasses.... Expand
  2. DonM
    Jun 25, 2006
    What are these reviewers smoking? This series is unparalelled! Brilliantly scripted, UN-predictable, imaginative, bold, compelling. But the one word that describes Huff best is HEART. Sopranos is TV at it's finest and Deadwood takes it to an even higher plateau. But only Huff truly takes drama beyond all boundries which has heretofor limited this entertainment medium.
  3. DanaB
    Jul 8, 2006
    One of my favorite series - I'm bewildered by all the bad reviews. Drama is compelling and Oliver Platt makes me laugh till I cry. Blythe Danner... the whole cast, really... are impossible to take my eyes off of. Well, I imagine that critics give "America's Got Talent" good reviews - so what do you expect? Watch it and decide for yourself -it's a total joy.
  4. hippiechik
    Apr 6, 2006
    Agree w/ previous post but then again look sources of the negative reviews... If you're a TV guide reader, Huff is probably not for you ~ but you can watch Deal or No Deal night after night after night.... what a joke.
  5. VicM
    Oct 8, 2006
    Thoroughly enjoyable, with a fantastic cast! It combines humor and tragedy with flair and wit, a commentary on life as we so often experience it. I am frustrated that there are not more episodes, but I guess like life, things come to an end.
  6. Amber
    Apr 6, 2006
    this show is NOT predictable in any way. these critics cannot even comprehend the truth of the series. and i agree with anonymous. it has shocking twists and turns, with magnificent acting. kudos to the show and anyone invloved.
  7. JoeyM
    Apr 6, 2006
    Wonderful - in every way - the writing, casting ( great vehicle for Azaria ) - love it all !!!!! I have to say that Oliver Platt is just amazing in his role - the charm and sensitivity that he's able to bring to such a character as dysfunctional as Russell is a big part of what hooked me - and Blythe Danner - perfect for the very intriguing Izzy EVERYONE - Perfect ! A breath of fresh Wonderful - in every way - the writing, casting ( great vehicle for Azaria ) - love it all !!!!! I have to say that Oliver Platt is just amazing in his role - the charm and sensitivity that he's able to bring to such a character as dysfunctional as Russell is a big part of what hooked me - and Blythe Danner - perfect for the very intriguing Izzy EVERYONE - Perfect ! A breath of fresh air to cable entertainment - Expand
  8. Juan
    Jan 28, 2007
    Splendid.
  9. lynnw
    Feb 23, 2007
    Extremely entertaining.
  10. katie
    May 14, 2007
    Best show! I have all my friends hooked on it after I bought the 1st season DVD. This show was cancelled due to not enough/the right advertising and NOT because of the content. Better than HOUSE.
  11. TedM
    Apr 26, 2006
    These poor reviewers are deaf to life. They are so brainwashed by watching stuff that would never happen in real life that they think that's what a show should be about. Huff is great. Nothing like it on TV. Of course they don't know what to say.
  12. AnnNonymous
    May 17, 2006
    Overrated drama if ever there was one. Arty camera work can't hide the fact that none of these characters is truly interesting. And didn't we just have 10 years of Raymond? Do we really need to see another show where they live next to the overbearing mother-in-law? And a psychologist that smokes...he's got issues yet he's helping people with issues...we get it already. Overrated drama if ever there was one. Arty camera work can't hide the fact that none of these characters is truly interesting. And didn't we just have 10 years of Raymond? Do we really need to see another show where they live next to the overbearing mother-in-law? And a psychologist that smokes...he's got issues yet he's helping people with issues...we get it already. Plus sex scenes that scream "hey, we're on cable, we can get away with this" - they don't add to the stories and are unnecessary. Expand
  13. CarlaT
    Jun 19, 2006
    The best series ever! So much happens in each episode that I am nearly exhausted when it's over and can't get my mind off it the next day. And, yes, I do have a life.

[It is] a mess of unconvincing drama, and the acting veers from magnificent to quite poor.
    "Huff" is one of the best dramas on TV and easily the best one airing currently on pay cable.
  3. Reviewed by: Diane Werts
    Despite the storylines' incessant emotional and psychological delvings, the result is an inert if not annoying muddle among unpleasantly profane people whose prospective salvation isn't worth wading toward.