• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jun 28, 2009
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3
7.3

1. Aug 6, 2010
    Flipping through the channels, I assumed Hung was the second coming of a new Westerns age. I was mildly unsatisfied with the outcome; however, the show about a male escort is original and funny in its own quaint way. Some may feel the short length a bit lacking, but for this show, any longer would make things repetitive and dull.
  2. Nov 3, 2010
    Very well done comedy. This show is funny and smart in a pretty crazy way. Who could imagine a show about a male prostitute could be funny and smart? only HBO could pull this off.
  3. Dec 27, 2010
    Jane Adams' character is supposed to be the good one but you cannot help but hate her because she plays it in such a way that annoys the piss out of you. The writing is average. The story itself is a bit stupid but draws you in at first, until it ultimately lets you down when nothing happens in the show. Very average show that I would tell others not to bother with.
  4. Feb 27, 2011
    I find this show funny and fascinating. The scenario also seems pretty realistic to me. I love how it portrays and explores a variety of types of relationship and the characters negotiating and navigating around/through individual boundaries (their own and each others). And I love watching Tanya and Ray, in all their naivety, trying to figure out the world of professional prostitution.I find this show funny and fascinating. The scenario also seems pretty realistic to me. I love how it portrays and explores a variety of types of relationship and the characters negotiating and navigating around/through individual boundaries (their own and each others). And I love watching Tanya and Ray, in all their naivety, trying to figure out the world of professional prostitution. It's oddly sweet. Expand

Hung, despite some droll humor and the occasional dry insight, is even more of a disappointment.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Thomas Jane, though, is a revelation--he plays hopeless haplessness without coming off wimpy, and his initial uncomfortableness as a pro gigolo is charming. But Hung's awkward tone becomes frustrating.
  3. Reviewed by: Randee Dawn
    The show is pretty darned funny, especially once you get past the 45-minute pilot and into the half-hour regular episodes (smaller is better, actually).