Hung : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2, 3
7.2

1. KittyC
    Aug 23, 2009
    I love this show. Thomas Jane is humble and likeable. Jane Adams is excellent and quirky It has kind of a coming of age sort of quality. Im a fan and hope they continue to air this series.
  2. pat
    Jun 29, 2009
    Transformers 2 to scores 37% and earns $200million. This starts Thomas Jane & Jane Adams and is produced by Alexander Payne and it only gets 67%? Can I please go back to the real world because I'm tired of living on Bizarro Earth.
  3. ChrisL
    Jul 20, 2009
    It has a weeds quality to it. It is a show that has legs.
  4. KristinaM.
    Jun 29, 2009
    There's something very sexy about this show.
  5. MandyG.
    Jul 19, 2009
    I think this show is fabulous. The characters are great and the humor is just what people need to have a good laugh. All the actors are perfect in their roles ...I love Ray he is perfect for this part!!! Hurray once again to HBO. You seem to never disappoint us.
  6. ZackW
    Aug 1, 2009
    The show is genuine and engrossing. It starts slow but the show picks up steam when Ray begins embracing his new role in life and he realizes that is a race against time to save his home and his children. By the 4th episode, he has grown into his role and calls himself "a professional." I also enjoy the use of Detroit as a character in the story, much as HBO harnesses the flavor of LA in The show is genuine and engrossing. It starts slow but the show picks up steam when Ray begins embracing his new role in life and he realizes that is a race against time to save his home and his children. By the 4th episode, he has grown into his role and calls himself "a professional." I also enjoy the use of Detroit as a character in the story, much as HBO harnesses the flavor of LA in "Entourage" and New York in "Sex and the City." Ray reflects the city's storied history and struggle to rise again to past glories. Expand
  7. DanR
    Jul 28, 2009
    I thought the pilot episode was quite nicely done, but now with each episode this darned thing draws me in deeper. I'm kinda fascinated with it. And I disagree with those who say it isn't funny, it's just a smarter level of humor than most knuckleheaded shows.
  8. EstherM
    Sep 21, 2009
    This show is so different from all that mediocre stuff out there and so well written that I think about it during the week and write my own plotline in my head. I really hope it continues.
  9. JoeB
    Aug 2, 2009
    'Hung' has an interesting plot, but it doesn't seem to have found its stride. The reason I like it is because of Thomas Jane who has a very likable quality about him. He isn't given the best range to work with here. The writers of the show haven't come up with amazing scripts. The supporting characters don't really fit in. I still have high hopes for this 'Hung' has an interesting plot, but it doesn't seem to have found its stride. The reason I like it is because of Thomas Jane who has a very likable quality about him. He isn't given the best range to work with here. The writers of the show haven't come up with amazing scripts. The supporting characters don't really fit in. I still have high hopes for this fledgling comedy. Expand
  10. Aug 6, 2010
    Flipping through the channels, I assumed Hung was the second coming of a new Westerns age. I was mildly unsatisfied with the outcome; however, the show about a male escort is original and funny in its own quaint way. Some may feel the short length a bit lacking, but for this show, any longer would make things repetitive and dull.
  11. EliasC
    Aug 2, 2009
    I am still undecided about this series. As in all HBO series, the story is more than the title suggests. HBO series' are all about character and complexity and although the series is getting there, it is not there yet. I thing that the series will find itself if given a chance and really take off in the second year. I had similar feelings about the Showtime series I am still undecided about this series. As in all HBO series, the story is more than the title suggests. HBO series' are all about character and complexity and although the series is getting there, it is not there yet. I thing that the series will find itself if given a chance and really take off in the second year. I had similar feelings about the Showtime series 'Californication', a series I disliked at first but after a half a season, its strengths began to show as the storyline and character development improved. The thing to keep in mine while watching this show, despite the title, is that it is not about sex but about sexual attitudes. Think a second about what the show would have been like if Thomas Jane was female and Tanya Skagle was a male pimp. Expand
  12. KristinaM.
    Jun 29, 2009
    There's something very sexy about this show.
  13. Bobbie
    Jul 18, 2009
    Love this show this guy is awesome. hes cute , quirky, and the illusion he is "hung'is a desirable attribute.
  14. AlexW.
    Jul 6, 2009
    Strong potential for a pilot episode.
  15. NickM.
    Aug 22, 2009
    Wow this is an extremely ambitious and original plot and in my opinion HBO did it again. Hung exposes a side of many middleage individuals who can easily see their selves reflected in its characters. How many people feel trapped in a job without being able to develop their true passion, there is Tanya's everywhere if we stop and think for a moment. How many man have ever thought at Wow this is an extremely ambitious and original plot and in my opinion HBO did it again. Hung exposes a side of many middleage individuals who can easily see their selves reflected in its characters. How many people feel trapped in a job without being able to develop their true passion, there is Tanya's everywhere if we stop and think for a moment. How many man have ever thought at least once and for a second about being a male escort. Think for a second. How many people feel like they are just surviving in society and not really living? Well... Hung portrais the insatisfaction that sometimes is part of life with grace and tons of intelligent humor. Thnks for Hung HBO. Expand
  16. Nov 3, 2010
    Very well done comedy. This show is funny and smart in a pretty crazy way. Who could imagine a show about a male prostitute could be funny and smart? only HBO could pull this off.
  17. Feb 27, 2011
    I find this show funny and fascinating. The scenario also seems pretty realistic to me. I love how it portrays and explores a variety of types of relationship and the characters negotiating and navigating around/through individual boundaries (their own and each others). And I love watching Tanya and Ray, in all their naivety, trying to figure out the world of professional prostitution.I find this show funny and fascinating. The scenario also seems pretty realistic to me. I love how it portrays and explores a variety of types of relationship and the characters negotiating and navigating around/through individual boundaries (their own and each others). And I love watching Tanya and Ray, in all their naivety, trying to figure out the world of professional prostitution. It's oddly sweet. Expand

Hung, despite some droll humor and the occasional dry insight, is even more of a disappointment.
  2. Thomas Jane, though, is a revelation--he plays hopeless haplessness without coming off wimpy, and his initial uncomfortableness as a pro gigolo is charming. But Hung's awkward tone becomes frustrating.
  3. The show is pretty darned funny, especially once you get past the 45-minute pilot and into the half-hour regular episodes (smaller is better, actually).