• Network: BBC , Cinemax
  • Series Premiere Date: Oct 19, 2012
  • Season #: 1
7.0

1. Jan 13, 2014
    Just started watching this show due to a free weekend Cinemax hearding. Went in no preconceived notions as I had never even heard o this show. I must say, it reminds me a lot of the old American series "Alias" with Jennifer Garner. Though the number of times Melissa George's character beats up men twice her size or three or four dudes at once gets a little out of control, all in all, IJust started watching this show due to a free weekend Cinemax hearding. Went in no preconceived notions as I had never even heard o this show. I must say, it reminds me a lot of the old American series "Alias" with Jennifer Garner. Though the number of times Melissa George's character beats up men twice her size or three or four dudes at once gets a little out of control, all in all, I have a fairly favorable review of this show. The action scenes are good, the spy game-like plot twists are well done, and the acting, though sometimes a little wooden, is decent. I'm surprised it was not renewed for an additional season by The BBC, but that's only because I believe "The Hunted" is head and shoulders above most pedestrian American police or spy serial shows. Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    Simply the best show you aren't watching. It's smart, sexy and well-written; and while I enjoy Homeland, it doesn't make me want to devour a whole season in one sitting the way Hunted does. It might be less realistic than Homeland, but it's a heck of a lot less cynical too.

Take the feel and atmosphere of Bourne or Ronin, combined with a multiple-season spanning mystery/conspiracy like Lost, and you have the general feel of Hunted, 6 episodes in when the first penny drops.

If you're a fan of the BBC or British TV it's a must see. Probably the best thing I've ever watched on Skinemax. Support good TV.
  3. RPD
    Nov 4, 2012
    After watching two season's worth of Strike Back I was really hoping Hunted would be good. It's not. It drags along for most of every episode, with fake as hell interactions between the characters, and when the action finally arrives it's completely unbelievable. What we have here is yet another case of "girl beats up guy" and, as always, it's totally unbelievable. I'm all for suspensionAfter watching two season's worth of Strike Back I was really hoping Hunted would be good. It's not. It drags along for most of every episode, with fake as hell interactions between the characters, and when the action finally arrives it's completely unbelievable. What we have here is yet another case of "girl beats up guy" and, as always, it's totally unbelievable. I'm all for suspension of disblelief but this is too much. If they want to have a female, any female, be a badass they should have her be one with her brains. I'm sorry but Sam, the main character, couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag.

If you want to see an awesome female protagonist watch Homeland, not this crap...
  4. Oct 26, 2012
    I'm really enjoying Cinemax's new journey into serial TV. Big fan of Strike Back, and this series is off to a really good start. Melissa George (from In Treatment) is clearly a star - i wasn't sure if she'd make the ideal action hero, but she's holding her own thus far. I look forward to future episodes.

1. Reviewed by: Sean Higgins
    Nov 14, 2012
    Hunted balances its cheesy dialogue and gratuitous sex and violence with an overarching narrative that dramatizes endemic moral rot and the dark money pulling strings from behind the curtain.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    Nov 1, 2012
    A simmering bit of silly suspense fun created by X-Files writer-producer Frank Spotnitz.
  3. Reviewed by: Mary McNamara
    Oct 19, 2012
    [George] is not terribly believable in any of them, forcing viewers to rely on the reactions of those around her to see that she is convincing as an uber agent. Fortunately, the other performances are strong enough to carry it off for the most part, and as the plot divides and subdivides, sending tendrils up through the vaunted British intelligence agency, recalling the Cold War and evoking more current international concerns, Hunted takes on a smart and disturbing personality of its own.