Identity : Season 1

Season #: 1, 2
8.4

1. RichS
    Dec 21, 2006
    Pretty boring show because it just seems like it's too easy to predict the jobs of some of the people. Might be fun to watch if you watched it with a friend and guessed with them, but for the most part it's nothing more than a show to watch during commercials.
  2. Scott
    Mar 19, 2007
    excruciatingly boring
  3. JoN
    Dec 19, 2006
    This show is so bad the commercials seem like a nice break
  4. DavidP
    Dec 20, 2006
    Unbearably cheesy, seeing all these plain people standing in a statue-like pose with a one-liner prepared if the contestant is right or wrong ("It has been ordained!" says the preacher's son.) What makes it plain unbearable though, instead of campy, is the obnoxiously slow rate the show progresses. The plain fact is that this should be a second-rate Price Is Right segment and given 5 Unbearably cheesy, seeing all these plain people standing in a statue-like pose with a one-liner prepared if the contestant is right or wrong ("It has been ordained!" says the preacher's son.) What makes it plain unbearable though, instead of campy, is the obnoxiously slow rate the show progresses. The plain fact is that this should be a second-rate Price Is Right segment and given 5 minutes to complete. Hearing Penn Jillette say "#5...........Is.........that......................your...........................identity?" And then waiting another 30 seconds before #5 says anything. Plus all of the "dramatic tension" inducing commercial breaks...it's clear they think they have a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? But this just isn't worth airtime. NBC's hour of reality programming in the 8-9 timeblock is starting to look like a disastrous decision. Deserves a place in the worst of all-time TV Show pantheon. Expand
  5. PhilipR
    Dec 20, 2006
    Horrible, horrible show. Bad idea, bad participant, bad host, bad. bad. bad, very bad.
  6. BobS
    Dec 22, 2006
    boring, boring, boring. I wish I could be more descriptive...but no. This show just sucks.
  7. LindaT
    Dec 23, 2006
    It is way too slow... I can't believe I spent an hour watching one person play the game... but my biggerst complaint is that they missed the chance to make it interesting by having people who didn't fit the stereotypes. Everyone was dressed in keeping with standard expectations for their job. Ho hum.
  8. lindab
    Dec 29, 2006
    dull, stupid; a waste of time.
  9. MaineMike
    Jan 14, 2007
    I mean really...how tough is it reason out that the gal in the cowboy hat is a professional rodeo rider? Yet, we have to spend an excruciating amount of time listening to people reason through that. And, I wonder, how long it took to find contestants who couldn't recognize Bruce Jenner or the Beaver.
  10. Robyn
    Dec 19, 2006
    Ugh. For someone who embarrassingly admits to mildly liking Deal or No Deal, this show is an absolute boring disaster. Even watching the episode on slow fast forward was excrutiating.
  11. RH
    Dec 21, 2006
    I wish the flood of reality TV returned to network television.....at least it had more drama than these game shows that don't require a hint of intelligence from its contestants.

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Paul Katz
    Penn Jillette can't pull off the illusion that he's as likable as Howie Mandel. [22 Dec 2006, p.75]
  2. It's not good.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Problem is, the show is more comfortable with cliché than subtlety.