Identity : Season 1

1. Scott
    Mar 19, 2007
    excruciatingly boring
    Mar 3, 2007
    I enjoyed this and I'm glad they will be bringing it back. There were a few things that could be improved and hopefully they will do that.
  3. MaineMike
    Jan 14, 2007
    I mean really...how tough is it reason out that the gal in the cowboy hat is a professional rodeo rider? Yet, we have to spend an excruciating amount of time listening to people reason through that. And, I wonder, how long it took to find contestants who couldn't recognize Bruce Jenner or the Beaver.
  4. TomG
    Jan 7, 2007
    People it's a game show, and it's way better than Deal or No Deal, aside from the hosts. This is much more challenging to the dwindling pea brains of TV game show viewers.
  5. lindab
    Dec 29, 2006
    dull, stupid; a waste of time.
  6. BrianT
    Dec 28, 2006
    I think the show is a refreshing change from Deal or No Deal- at least here you can use some judgement and process of elimination. No its not exactly meant to stimulate rocket scientists, and its not politically correct. I think Penn is a great host- those who say he is "trying" to be like Howie obviously have never seen him perform before, either in Vegas or on his Showtime series. He is I think the show is a refreshing change from Deal or No Deal- at least here you can use some judgement and process of elimination. No its not exactly meant to stimulate rocket scientists, and its not politically correct. I think Penn is a great host- those who say he is "trying" to be like Howie obviously have never seen him perform before, either in Vegas or on his Showtime series. He is just being himself, so get over it. I hope the show continues, if not for any other reason than to irritate the politically correct. Expand
  7. LindaT
    Dec 23, 2006
    It is way too slow... I can't believe I spent an hour watching one person play the game... but my biggerst complaint is that they missed the chance to make it interesting by having people who didn't fit the stereotypes. Everyone was dressed in keeping with standard expectations for their job. Ho hum.
  8. MichelleB
    Dec 23, 2006
    I really like the concept of this show. It requires contestants to be creative and random as opposed to every other gamshow out there which requires you to be logicical. Identity is a breath of fresh air and a win for new game shows as it pushes the limit of the right brain which most people fear to use in everyday life. It lets the world know that professions are not gender specific and I really like the concept of this show. It requires contestants to be creative and random as opposed to every other gamshow out there which requires you to be logicical. Identity is a breath of fresh air and a win for new game shows as it pushes the limit of the right brain which most people fear to use in everyday life. It lets the world know that professions are not gender specific and even gives us a chance to put faces behind the names of some famous "behind the scenes" people. Also gives our younger generation insight into professions they might not get to see in their everyday life. I really think that the producer of this show was very creative with its concept and I look forward to the next episode. Expand
  9. BobS
    Dec 22, 2006
    boring, boring, boring. I wish I could be more descriptive...but no. This show just sucks.
  10. MarkC
    Dec 21, 2006
    I watched the first night and was intrigued but by Thursday all I could think of was how much getting a spot on the show is akin to winning a half million in the lottery. Show up and you have to be a moron not to win. It would be a lot more interesting if the Sumo wrestler for example didn't actually wear the outfit or the youngest didn't dress like a frekin schoolgirl. Why not I watched the first night and was intrigued but by Thursday all I could think of was how much getting a spot on the show is akin to winning a half million in the lottery. Show up and you have to be a moron not to win. It would be a lot more interesting if the Sumo wrestler for example didn't actually wear the outfit or the youngest didn't dress like a frekin schoolgirl. Why not have someone else dress like that to throw the contestants off a bit? When Stan Lee and Maurice Greene are there and she is struggling to figure it out? C'mon. The show could be over in 15 minutes if they found some bright participants. I actually like Penn Jillette as a host although he does try create dramatic tension where there is none. They will probably have Teller in the next episode the way things are going. Interesting concept but horrible execution. Expand
  11. RH
    Dec 21, 2006
    I wish the flood of reality TV returned to network television.....at least it had more drama than these game shows that don't require a hint of intelligence from its contestants.
  12. RichS
    Dec 21, 2006
    Pretty boring show because it just seems like it's too easy to predict the jobs of some of the people. Might be fun to watch if you watched it with a friend and guessed with them, but for the most part it's nothing more than a show to watch during commercials.
  13. KevinFederline
    Dec 20, 2006
    the best show I have ever seen
  14. PhilipR
    Dec 20, 2006
    Horrible, horrible show. Bad idea, bad participant, bad host, bad. bad. bad, very bad.
  15. DavidP
    Dec 20, 2006
    Unbearably cheesy, seeing all these plain people standing in a statue-like pose with a one-liner prepared if the contestant is right or wrong ("It has been ordained!" says the preacher's son.) What makes it plain unbearable though, instead of campy, is the obnoxiously slow rate the show progresses. The plain fact is that this should be a second-rate Price Is Right segment and given 5 Unbearably cheesy, seeing all these plain people standing in a statue-like pose with a one-liner prepared if the contestant is right or wrong ("It has been ordained!" says the preacher's son.) What makes it plain unbearable though, instead of campy, is the obnoxiously slow rate the show progresses. The plain fact is that this should be a second-rate Price Is Right segment and given 5 minutes to complete. Hearing Penn Jillette say "#5...........Is.........that......................your...........................identity?" And then waiting another 30 seconds before #5 says anything. Plus all of the "dramatic tension" inducing commercial breaks...it's clear they think they have a Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? But this just isn't worth airtime. NBC's hour of reality programming in the 8-9 timeblock is starting to look like a disastrous decision. Deserves a place in the worst of all-time TV Show pantheon. Expand
  16. JoN
    Dec 19, 2006
    This show is so bad the commercials seem like a nice break
  17. Robyn
    Dec 19, 2006
    Ugh. For someone who embarrassingly admits to mildly liking Deal or No Deal, this show is an absolute boring disaster. Even watching the episode on slow fast forward was excrutiating.

1. Entertainment Weekly
    Reviewed by: Paul Katz
    Penn Jillette can't pull off the illusion that he's as likable as Howie Mandel. [22 Dec 2006, p.75]
  2. It's not good.
  3. Reviewed by: Verne Gay
    Problem is, the show is more comfortable with cliché than subtlety.