• Network: HBO
  • Series Premiere Date: Jan 28, 2008
  • Season #: 1 , 2 , 3 , 8
8.6

1. Nov 3, 2010
    This season has managed to make me angry and anxious. Not in a bad way but in a good way because the way they present and act makes me feel like I am the one in the couch and no matter what side I see myself in I can just taste tension. This kind of immersion I have never felt before with any show.
  2. Oct 29, 2010
    Wow. They've done it again! This time without scripts from Israel. Every episode is fascinating. The acting is amazing, though it's a little hard to tell with Debra Winger as her role is that of a person who's largely fake. We were a little confused by the first episode with the young adopted man, as it seemed that we were entering in the middle, but that turned out to be smart and effective. My main question is whether Paul, the psychotherapist will survive until the end of the season. All in all, clearly one of the best shows on TV. Expand
  3. Nov 17, 2010
    I'm a huge fan of this show and Gabriel Byrne. However, I wish the writers would stop having Paul Weston coming to the U.S. when he was twelve years old. Anyone knows that an Irish kid of that age would have long since lost his thick brogue, living in America.
    Byrne actually left Dublin when he was 37, and is now 61 years old. The brogue was well-established and present today as it
    should be obviously in Paul Weston. He is so Irish. Even Sunil had to notice that. Writers: Fix that logistics problem; it's a huge flaw. Expand

1. Reviewed by: James Poniewozik
    Oct 28, 2010
    I've seen two weeks of the season, and so far I'm rapt. In Treatment may be in uncharted ground with its new, original stories, but it remains a show that rewards patience, and patients.
  2. Reviewed by: Heather Havrilesky
    Oct 25, 2010
    As entertaining as In Treatment can be at times, the third season may be the most grueling of them all. It's tough to see how any of these characters will find anything remotely resembling a sense of happiness before the season is over. Unfortunately, this season may also be the most simplistic so far.
  3. Reviewed by: Tom Gliatto
    Oct 25, 2010
    Therapist Paul Weston a human-shaped cloud who grumbles with the low thunder of the maladjusted, has drifted back for a gripping new season of HBO's In Treatment. Gabriel Byrne plays the part flawlessly, and he's up against two especially rewarding talents. [1 Nov 2010, p.42]