• Network: FX , FXX
Season #: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
9.0

1. NickM
    Oct 19, 2008
    This show is awful!!! The overlapping dialogue accompanied by terrible timing and acting make this show painful to watch. Its improv-style acting at its worst. Edgy, are you kidding me?? Stupidity and poop jokes aren't edgy, nor offensive. They try way to hard to make me laugh and end up pissing me off. Anyone who enjoys this show is a moron and has a terrible sense of humor.
  2. MaynardC.
    Sep 19, 2008
    I'm really hoping that this show is improvised, because if the material on this show is actually scripted, wow. Just wow. Just a note: The S word isn't a punchline by itself. I gave it 1 point because I appreciate DeVito. He's funny, just not here.
  3. luvstospoogeI
    Jan 10, 2010
    I understand a lot of this wit is above people who can't see through the toilet humor. Raw, original and funny as hell, beats anything else on tv.
  4. AaronG
    Sep 7, 2009
    Seasons 1-3 were easy 10's and I gave season 4 every opportunity, it was just an awful, throw away season.
  5. FriendlyG
    Sep 20, 2008
    Continues to tread further down the slippery slope...with each passing season the show continues to spiral into even more unbelievable terrain and "laugh while we're grinning on camera" territory...what was a uniquely voiced, snarky show that let itself breathe between scenes in its first two seasons is now a frenzied mess trying to keep the ADD crowd hooked. Maybe some prefer the Continues to tread further down the slippery slope...with each passing season the show continues to spiral into even more unbelievable terrain and "laugh while we're grinning on camera" territory...what was a uniquely voiced, snarky show that let itself breathe between scenes in its first two seasons is now a frenzied mess trying to keep the ADD crowd hooked. Maybe some prefer the sped up insanity of the two recent seasons but I for one agree with Tim Goodman's review last year in that something is obviously missing from a once finally stirred concoction. Expand
  6. Matt
    Jul 2, 2009
    One of the best shows on t.v., ever. If you haven't seen this show, see it.
  7. DavidB.
    Sep 20, 2008
    One of the few truly funny, laugh out loud comedies around at the moment. A great show that deserves an audience. Danny DeVito, Kaitlin Olsen and Charlie Day are standouts. Definitely worth tuning in for.
  8. PaulO.
    Sep 20, 2008
    My rating is strictly for the hour-long 2-episode double feature premiere. It wasn't as good as some other amazingly hilarious episodes in the past, but there were some very funny bits, and overall it was very entertaining. Danny Devito was great, and I like Rickety Cricket, too. Overall, some great hilarious moments, along with some bits that didn't really work. I'm going My rating is strictly for the hour-long 2-episode double feature premiere. It wasn't as good as some other amazingly hilarious episodes in the past, but there were some very funny bits, and overall it was very entertaining. Danny Devito was great, and I like Rickety Cricket, too. Overall, some great hilarious moments, along with some bits that didn't really work. I'm going to keep watching, and you should too! Expand
  9. JasonC
    Dec 7, 2009
    The best show ever made very very very funny. keep up the good work.
  10. SethM
    Oct 4, 2009
    Seasons 1-3 were absolutely amazing. This season was still good, but not as good as the other ones. Seemed like the episodes we rushed in the writing process, making the episodes end with not great conclusions. Still a good season, but Always Sunny is slowly getting less funnier as the seasons go on.
  11. NateG.
    Jan 4, 2009
    This show is absolutely amazing! The unique indie feel and the crazy characters fit perfectly. Although some things do get a bit stupid most of the jokes are just stupid and offensive enough to work. I love the reoccurring guest stars, especially Cricket and Artemis. All together a great comedy with actors born to play their parts, it's crazy and I love it!
  12. KevinS
    Feb 8, 2009
    My favorite show currently on the air with Scrubs and The Office close behind. I could see why some people could find the humor dumb and immature but I simply can't stop laughing when I watch Sunny.
  13. EvanW
    Aug 8, 2009
    Absolutely hilarious. The episodes are extremely well drawn out if you pay close enough attention. "The Gang" is able to base some of their themes on controversial issue in an almost unbiased manner. Almost. The one downside is that they continuously talk at the same time in an inane babble every 5 minutes.
  14. HenrikE.
    Nov 21, 2008
    Together with 30-rock, it's always sunny in Philadelphia is the best comedy currently on the air.
  15. DenizY.
    Oct 7, 2008
    I had low hopes for Season 4 because many episodes from Season 3 were just okay or duds in my opinion. But they really make you bust out laughing like in the first Season. Patrick G is 100% right on the money, and I couldn't stop laughing at the end of The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis. Wild card bitches! Yeeeha!!
  16. JamesK.
    Sep 20, 2008
    An extra two points just to cancel out the guy who rated it a "1." This is probably one of the funniest shows I have ever seen on television, right beside Curb Your Enthusiasm and Family Guy.
  17. RyanB
    Sep 21, 2008
    The show is great, anyone that says that Devito "saves" or "stands out" has bad comedic taste, because the show was far funnier when he wasn't in it.
  18. TonyS
    Sep 22, 2008
    This is easily one of the funniest shows on television. That is unless you are easily offended. Great kickoff to what I'm sure will be a great season.
  19. PatrickG
    Sep 23, 2008
    The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis is one of the funniest Sunny episodes yet. This will not be everyone's brand of humor, but generational shows that progress with its viewers should be esteemed as such. The gang is even edgier (is it possible?) this time around. "Wild card, bitches. Yeeeha!"
  20. WilsonW
    Sep 23, 2008
    Best comedy on TV. Easily the funniest show on TV right now.
  21. JonD
    Feb 9, 2009
    Great show. Anti-Original with simple stories that make you laugh.
  22. LindaN
    May 20, 2009
    An all-time favorite, right alone with Arrested Development and Extras.
  23. TaraB
    Jul 26, 2009
    This show, with it's off beat wit and it's tackling of 'taboo' subjects makes it one of the most original and interesting shows on the air. it also happens to be hilarious.
  24. JonS
    Jul 7, 2009
    Absolutely the funniest show on TV. Still great, but I hope they can keep it up. I mean, do they even have a bar anymore? How much more cartoony can this show get? Things like this make me think it's nearing jump the shark territory, but the worst It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode is better than 96% of most shows best episodes.
  25. MikeJ
    Nov 10, 2008
    easiest in the top 2-3 best shows on, two of the best tv moments were when Alvin was Donavan McNabb and Charlie was an oil man.
  26. ElginW.
    Nov 12, 2008
    Everytime I watch Sunny I'm always amazed at what new schemes they come up with and everytime I die laughing.
  27. ChristopherK.
    Nov 15, 2008
    Its hands down the best sitcom on TV! i love each cast member, and what they bring to the show! and DeVito is great!
  28. StevenL.
    Oct 16, 2008
    this is exhibit a of how fake the emmys are. not a single nomination for this show is a crime. keep in mind monk has been nominated for best comedy. the gang solves the gas crisis and mac and Charlie are killed should both be considered for nomination.
  29. gleanh
    Dec 9, 2008
    Far and away the funniest show since seinfeld, may not be as smart as arrested development but its damn sure just as funny.
  30. dk
    Sep 19, 2008
    It is able to stand among the greats like 30 rock and The office and still add its own flare to the over saturated genre... truly ridiculous situations make this a real Situational Comedy.
  31. RISSg
    Sep 22, 2008
    Danny Devito is the least funny aspect of this show. He's the muscle (as far as brute Hollywood strength goes) Mac is the brains, Dennis is the looks, Chalie is the wild card, and Dee is the girl who does nothing. This season has the potential to be the best satirical comedy on air in 08-09.
  32. KevinF.
    Sep 22, 2008
    You got to love their humor.
  33. AlexL
    Dec 28, 2009
    This season was very funny, but I relied a little to much on in jokes. That being said, the season finale is one of the funniest things I've ever watched. Long live the Dayman!
  34. miked
    Nov 26, 2008
    Yes! this has got to be one of the funniest shows i've seen in a long time. you really do have to have an appreciation for this type of humor though. i just love the randomness and crazy situations the gang puts themselves into. it really is laugh out loud funny if you just let yourself sit and enjoy the stupidity. how can you not laugh at extreme home makeover?! Goooood morning Yes! this has got to be one of the funniest shows i've seen in a long time. you really do have to have an appreciation for this type of humor though. i just love the randomness and crazy situations the gang puts themselves into. it really is laugh out loud funny if you just let yourself sit and enjoy the stupidity. how can you not laugh at extreme home makeover?! Goooood morning Juarez family!! Expand
  35. Dec 19, 2010
    Hilarious season overall with an incredibly memorable musical finale to top it off. If you don't like the show you definitely don't have a sense of humor or any sort of appreciation for ingenuity or satire.
  36. Mar 11, 2011
    BEST SHOW EVER! Ridiculously funny. The whole cast is awesome. Every episode will keep you laughing. The characters are always getting themselves into crazy situations and it is always fun to watch.
  37. May 26, 2013
    In this politically correct day an age in which network executives constantly fear offending people it is truly refreshing to watch a comedy series that plays by its own rules. Much like The Simpsons each episode is almost virtually self contained and regardless of what happens everything is always back to normal by the following installment. This allows the writers freedom to put theIn this politically correct day an age in which network executives constantly fear offending people it is truly refreshing to watch a comedy series that plays by its own rules. Much like The Simpsons each episode is almost virtually self contained and regardless of what happens everything is always back to normal by the following installment. This allows the writers freedom to put the characters in pretty much any situation they wish (up to and including becoming kidnappers and hunting a homeless person) and while this of course means not every gag completely hits the mark the fast pace and excellent performances of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia ensures there are plenty of laughs.

The best season yet.
  38. Sep 18, 2012
    This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious. This show is hilarious.
  39. Dec 24, 2011
    A cult favorite and creative as hell. Funniest show ALIVE. The type of show that may take multiple viewings to really get into but once you do, you will love every minute of it. R E C O M M E N D E D 10/10
  40. Mar 31, 2012
    Still, I have yet to get sick of this show. Its hilarious and has been since the start. Its a must watch tv show imo. I dont see how people can hate it. Its great.
  41. Aug 11, 2013
    Same old, same old from Season 1-3 as this show continues to be one of the funniest on TV. Regardless of how unrealistic the plot may seem, it's not really a bad thing as the show is still hilarious.
  42. Feb 3, 2013
    This season is one of my favorite of Always Sunny. Danny Devito 's character really establishes himself in this season and hits rock bottom to be a part of the "gang". The improv feel of the show can really be felt throughout the whole season which adds to the hilarity of it.
  43. May 28, 2014
    Probably my least favorite season of the show. The storylines are uninteresting and the addition of many unnecessary and annoying characters made me almost quit watching this show.

Not all of the show’s demented comic gambits work, but Sunny gets points for inventiveness, and all things considered, the show is far more consistently entertaining than it was in its first couple of seasons.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken Tucker
    As usual, the improvised feel of the show adds to its energy.
  3. At some point, the gang on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia will no longer be able to top itself, no longer do or say things that are even more wrong than the last thing they said or did. It hasn't happened yet.